benzainey

benzaineyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Incompetent repairer, left $2700 damages

Took our 2 year old car in for a minor scratch and sensor repair, came out needing a new clutch after the repair shop took it for a joyride.
RACV couldnt care less, even with evidence of KMs and report from dealership of damage, they still denied any wrong doing. Said it was between me and the repairer, whom doesnt return emails or calls. After 10 years I have cancelled my home, contents, car and pet insurance with this incompetent company.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7

Poor customer service

If you want help don't call. Still on hold over one hour now and incessant ...and i mean antanganisingly incessant amessage saying your time is valuable....rubbish. just words. I bet it doesn't take that long if you want to join up

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst insurance company

I was not at fault in the accident. Called RACV multiple times and was on hold for more than an hour before they hung up. Happened a few times. Asked for a rental car after lodging a claim. They refused because the driver at fault has not met obligations? Very unprofessional.

Annoyed

AnnoyedFar North Queensland, QLD

Incompetent Assessors

No common sense.
Unjust. You can be hit by someone and be found liable. Turned straight for a median strip some guy turned into me trying to make a lane change and was found liable. Assessor told me that's not what he said. Absolute joke

Car ModelFord Falcon BA
Claim DateSeptember 2019

business owner

business ownerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely useless

Pay all this money and they never can start a car. Straight on tow truck twice and hit with huge fees. Useless service - should be investigated by ACCC. Worst experience

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelGreat Wall Steed (V-Series)

Drew B.

Drew B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

2 weeks from claim lodged to payout

I lodged a claim with RACV after an animal strike, exactly 2 weeks ago. During the two weeks that have passed RACV has called me 3 times, the towing company twice. I have been kept up to date the whole time and RACV have already paid out the claim. I can now get on with finding a new car. The claim process was fast, the people were friendly and helpful, and the system was easy to navigate. I would not use a different company for my insurance.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelChrysler Grand Voyager RS (2001-2007)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Claims process was awful

Have been insured with RACV for almost 10 years, anytime i have rang up to make a small change on my policy, the person re writes my policy so they get it under their name, and i have no loyalty discount. my first claim with them, they refuse to help me, cannot take to my own repairer, not fighting liability for me, dont call me for information, claim has sat with them for 2 months before i had to keep calling for any update. This is one of the worst insurer's to go with. they honestly dont care about you. i have never been so unimpressed with a service in a long time, given the amount of money you pay for your premium. This is not premium insurance. this is not worth it.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019

Vasu

Vasu

Worst insurance policy

You can’t claim your insurance, they will try to stop you with all the ways they can. It’s just waste of money and time. You better to pay more and join with AAMI.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Not me

Not meGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading information and no compassion

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party

Loads of nonsense

I considered racv because I was told that It was hassle free. I’ve put a claim a month ago and the only information that I was provided was that my car was written off. When I asked them how long it’s going to take, they told me they don’t have a timeframe. I’m seriously concerned of this because if they don’t give me a timeframe, it could be months before they approve my claim. I would never ever recommend anyone to chose RACV.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

mark

mark

poor service

Three weeks to Repair a bumper bar on a VE commodore because if i want to use my own repairer I have to pay extra premium and they do in 3 days. Purchased insurance in 2011 when car was new. not at fault accident.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claim DateJuly 2019

Rob and Neil

Rob and NeilAlexandra

So poor I just gave up!!! It's too hard.

Car ModelHolden

Total Care RACV Roadside Assistance - brilliant service

When we broke down recently in our motorhome, at the start of our holiday, we received amazing service from everyone involved - various people on the phone, attending servicemen, tow truck drivers & mechanics. Although we were delayed 3 days (because our problem occurred over the weekend) we appreciated the sound initial advice, the careful towing 3 times, the suitable accommodation for 4 nights, & the service of friendly, skilled mechanics who got us back on the road.
Thankyou RACV for your TOTAL CARE

Ray Kirkpatrick

Ray KirkpatrickGoulburn Valley, VIC

RACV after accident care.

After my recent accident while I was being taken to Hospital my wife rang RACV she was arranged a hire car straight way while our car was being assesed. It was a write off it was only about two and half weeks and we Were
paid out no problems. Very highly recomend RACV no fuss no hassle just action.

Car ModelHyundai Tuson
Claim DateJuly 2019

SkyeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Professional Service!!

After my Camry was hit in a car park From my 1st call My stress was gone instantly I was booked in with a 1st class panel shop in Dandenong and received a near new Corolla from thrifty (didn't wanna give it back!) Lol I couldn't believe how smooth the process was I can't recommend RACV highly enough I'm honestly shocked at some bad reviews on here!???

Car ModelToyota Camry 2001 CSI
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2017

Hi Skye,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are thrilled to see that we were there for you when you needed us and that your claim was sorted.
Regards
Justin - Social Media consultant

Condescending workers

Car ModelHolden Adventra

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgraceful

105 days in the panel shop and car still not repaired . What happen to "We can manage the entire repair process on your behalf" .When are going to start managing the repairs .

Thomas

Thomas

Very unfriendly phone call center & road assistant experience

It took me multiple time to speak to the right human being. There are way too many options on the panel, press 1... press 2... press 3... then you are lost. And transfer, took 30 minutes. And the line cut out half way through. Once the road assitant came in and did not offer what my friends being offer, to replace the battery. Just a jump start and left, knowing the battry is not working.

Car ModelBMW X5
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Fairdinkum

FairdinkumGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Losing it.

Too many middle people taking calls and going through the identification process which took over 20 minutes and then could not speak to the right department as they were too busy

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Tony Webster

Tony WebsterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Customer Service

Just received a quote for caravan insurance which was competitive. Requested quote to be emailed to me with PDS for review before proceeding.

Advised that RACV system cannot process quotes to be sent out and all the details including scope of cover excess etc. will be provided on policy documentation when policy procressed. Not a good start and if I want to view PDS download from web site.

After this less than satisfactory start and then reading other reviews about poor service have decide to pay more and insure elsewhere. After being a Gold member very disappointed with this insurer.

Heinz H.

Heinz H.asked

Claim ref: RAV 191787499
4 weeks ago I crashed into a car at a Wodonga main road. The other driver was later charged for dangerous driving. As my car was a write off I was soon after contacted by the assessor who told me how much money I could expect for my crashed car. I contacted the office in Melbourne by phone the next day and was told that there might be very small change to the amount given to me by the assessor which was ok with me. Later on I went to our local VIC roads office to get the registration of my crashed car cancelled but was told that I would need a proper statement from the RACV office in order to get the cancellation backdated to the day of the crash. I did asked the RACV office via email for this statement together with my bank details since they asked for them in a email to me some days before.
I have emailed 3 times about that statement and 3 times received I receives a useless non reply message.
I cannot get another car registered on a pensioner registration while my wrecked car is still registered.
For 4 weeks now I haven't had a car to drive, and no answers from RACV. I am very cranky about this, having 4 cars and the house insured and getting treated like poo.

tZY

tZYasked

Can I transfer my vehicle insurance to another RACV insurance holder account?

Skye

I'm quite sure you can transfer your account Best advice us to call RACV I've found the support staff "switched on" I do recommend RACV When taking out any policy Think carefully about EVERY option you're asked For example "Market Value" Or "Agreed Value"?

Mark54321

Mark54321asked

I accidentally put unleaded in my Diesel car and unfortunately I have destroyed the motor, I rang Racv, as I’m insured with them and they say this isn’t covered ? It’s damage to my vehicle and I have full comprehensive insurance, shouldn’t this be covered

Steve Schembri
Steve Schembri

Go through your policy. The RACV will send you a policy if you don't have a copy. The policy should tell you what you are covered for.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Mark. We are sorry to hear that the wrong fuel was used and it destroyed your motor. We have contacted claims and asked what is done in this situation. They advise that we do cover this, however, you will need to pay your excess as this is considered an at fault claim. Please call claims on 13 19 03 to lodge a claim and go through excess payment options. Warm regards, Elise. RACV Social Media Consultant

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives

RACV Veteran, Vintage and Classic Car Insurance

1 review
RACV Complete Care Car Insurance

RACV Complete Care Car Insurance

No reviews
CategoryRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car Insurance
Contact Number 13 72 2813 72 2813 72 2813 72 2813 72 28
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and Travel
Coverage TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic VehicleThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and TheftComprehensiveComprehensive