RACV Car Insurance

RACV Car Insurance

Wait forever

Never try to call RACV settlements team, you are going to wait on line forever. And when you try to talk about customer service with them, the answer is “ unfortunately there’s no other solution, you just have to wait.” Very helpful.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Claim ApprovedYes

Crazy waiting time on the phone to talk to a customer service officer

I have recently lodged a claim for the theft of my vehicle. When I rang to lodge the incident and to register the claim, it was quite fast and very efficiently handled. Now the police have recovered my vehicle and am trying to get in touch with the Customer service officer to progress through to assessment, my phone calls thrice have taken more than 1hr 20 minutes each and still unable to get hold of them. How can RACV expect insured members to be waiting for more than 4 hrs on the call just to talk to someone. This is really ridiculous for an established company like RACV. Severely disappointed with this.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Mohan, We are sorry to hear of the long wait times with our Claims Department. Unfortunately you may need to contact them directly for any claim's related matters. The fastest way to speak to claims is via their webchat, which can be accessed via My Membership Online claims pages any time from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Also, the claims department can be contacted by calling 13 19 03 during normal business hours or emailing on racvmotorclaims@iag.com.au for motor claims, with your claim number in the subject line. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Janice

They refused to acknowledge me or fix my concerns.

I had a claim. They refused to fix or acknowledge the problem. It has been an ongoing issue for over a year. I have lost too much money with this company. Horrible service. I had a car accident while insured with RACV. They don't care about their custimers to bother paying to fix it. All they care about is revenue raising. Disgusting company and gies against Australian morals. Definitiely switiching to another compamy.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Statesman WM (2006-2010)
Claim MadeNo
Hi ALQ, We are sorry to hear of your experience in relation to your recent claim. For us to escalate this to Member Relations, please PM us with your full name, date of birth, phone number and claim number. Warm regards, Eisa RACV Social Media Consultant

Uncaring

Been with RACV for over 15 years last year my husband car was stolen when I called claims line they insisted in speaking to my husband even though I told them he was in hospital on his death bed they told me to bad unable to lodge claim until they spoke to him even with a police statement we were able to get him to speak for a few minutes to them after that they accused me of getting someone else to speak pretending to be him they said they would send number plates back to vic roads as car was a ride off and never did we are still trying to sort it out with vic roads
When my husband died I needed to transfer policies in to just my name and not both names which was fine until I got charged a second time for a policy that was already paid and said it was because I was classed as a new number as they had to remove my husbands name of the policy and this year they had doubled the prices of our insurance went to Traralgon office in person and staff there said they didn’t do it so didn’t care was not her problem
End result cancelled all policies with them basically told us fine they did not need me as customer anyway

Claim DateSeptember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Good morning Shaz, we are sorry to hear of our experience and that we have not met your expectations regarding a car claim. We do appreciate your feedback and we will contact you to discuss your complaint further. Kind regards, Kristen - Specialised Support ServicesHi Shaz, can you please Direct Message us with your member number and contact number, so we can investigate this matter for you? Kind regards, RACV - Member Relations

Result better than expected

My car was crashed into by an RACV insurance holder. My 1995 Holden Commodore ute was deemed a write off. People were telling me as it was an old car the market value would be between $1500 and $2000 but I could not replace my car for that. I was pleasantly surprised when RACV accessed the value of my car at $3700. I received payment about 5 weeks after the accident. So I have no complaints against RACV.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi David. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with RACV Insurance. We hope you have a great weekend and if there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. Warm regards, Nicole RACV Social Media Consultant.

This is surely criminal

I entered an intersection on a green arrow and a car that was not visible when I entered the intersection as they where in far bus lane and other 3 lanes were filled with stopped cars ran through a light that had been red for a about 5 seconds and hit me at about 80km and RACV told me I’m at fault because I didn’t give way? I just don’t get it. Even the police said I don’t have to give way to cars running red lights and there’s no way I could have if I wanted to because I couldn’t see it until it was too late, will have to call ombudsman tomorrow. I have cancelled all my policies and am going with anyone else because nothing is more rediculous than this. FFS green means go and red means stop why are people so evil?

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jaydencrow. We are sorry to hear we have not met your expectations. We would like the opportunity to look into this for you. In order for us to do so, please private message us with your membership/policy/registration number and preferred contact number. Kind Regards, Mel.I have been told over and over that if I have a green arrow to turn right I have to give way to oncoming vehicles running red lights even if there in bus lane where there not allowed to be, this is like saying if I drive on footpath and and hit a pedestrian it’s their fault for not giving way(which a police officer actually told me), I just can’t believe it. Either way I don’t need your help I spoke to ombudsman and they said to call your internal service who if they dare will have to produce such a statement in writing which I can take to ombudsman and put online everywhere. You little poofters thought you could crush little guy but couldn’t even do that. You literally make me sick.Hi Jaydencrow. We are sorry to hear that, if there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. Kind Regards, Nicole.

First motor accident RACV kept me in the loop

So i had a rear ender 3 weeks ago in which the other party claimed fault. rose who was my claims rep that night was calm and collected took both parties information and started a claim for me and organized a tow truck for me. monday came was then called again to be told my car had be taken to the repairer and was told to expect a call by end of the week, i took the time to get a hire car sorted as well though racv. end of the week came and had a missed call by the repairer to say my car was a total loss, i called racv again to update them that my car was indeed a total loss and they said we will be getting an assessor to come and assess the car to confirm a total loss. yesterday was called by the assessor to confirm was a total loss and today called to update the rep and to settle the claim. the care and understanding from all the reps over the last few weeks have been amazing and can't thank them enough. very happy with how this has turned out

Car ModelNissan Pulsar
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Harley. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with RACV Insurance. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name and policy or registration number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you. Warm regards, Elise RACV Social Media Consultant.

Disgusted with the claims and the way it is handled.

Have only received an email to confirm of my claim in the last 2 weeks. I called only to be treated like a stranger an outsider. Why did I buy insurance when RACV does not even care.

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Manipulative, Dismissive and NO CARE!

I’m at week 6 now (without a car) and without any accomodation for delays. Delays caused by the insurer and poor processes!
Being denied any repairer after being mislead as well

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Commodore VF (2013-2017)
Claim ApprovedNo

They could be the worst insurance company out there.. left racv with whole family coz of one incident.

Not at fault claim was made... Never heard from once since the claim was made. Only time there was communication was the only time i have called them. Not interested people at the other end of calls n the assesor seems no interest

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Saini, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate. Warm regards, Elise RACV Social Media Consultant.

Poor Customer Service and knowledge

I was a first year member with the RACV. I put in a claim Dec 2018. They could not decide if I was at fault or not. The only communication between us is when I called them. I disagreed with their decision so I won on appeal. Then to make matters worse I changed my bank details only to receive emails of none payments before they finally cancelled it. Pathetic service.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Kelvin, we are sorry to have not met your expectations please, private message us with your Full Name, Claim and Policy Number. Regards, Randall - SSS Care Consultant

Awful costumers service

The two women I talked to were awful, rude and talk down to me, called me stupid and didn’t think I knew how to drive. I am never going with racv insurance.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Kass, we’re sorry to hear of your experience with our Insurance team. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further. Warm regards, Martin - RACV Social Media Consultant.

Excellent service. Highly appreciated.

I was stranded at railway station as my car was blocked by two cars. Called RACV road side assist. They came in 15 minutes and took the car out without a scratch.. even the Police admired the service and skill of the team. Well done!
Thank you so much.

Claim MadeNo
Hi. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Roadside Assistance. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the team members involved. To enable us to do this, could you please private message us with your member number? We would also love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide in home emergencies. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb and RACV card colour. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, Martin- Social Media Consultant.Membership 3748133 ,Home and contents, car, emergency home Assist and roadside assist all with RACV.!!!! Had a flooding in 2017 in the house. Again, you did an awesome, perfect job. So I am very grateful. My car was blocked by two cars front and back last Tuesday ,leaving only 12 inches in between..Police was not of much help. Suddenly, my son suggested I try RACV..Sarina first said it will take 90min for assistance.. then I got a message that someone will arrive in 15min..At the end all good. Thank you..

They could not even find my car!

Lodged a claim after a someone hit my car. On the third day of not hearing anything I rang up to find out the status of my claim only to be told by the phone assistant that they would have to call me back because they could not locate my car. t wasn't in the panel shop that I had approved and they had not even realised it. That is only the beginning. Terrible experience with no end in sight.

I will be taking my bussiness and that of my family's elsewhere.

15 Years with RACV

15 year was with RACV, my car got dented in a home accident, RACV would even look at it. That was 8 years ago. I never forget! Cancelled my RACV insurance, you wanna know something, they didn't give a crap!

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)
Claim DateNovember 2011
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Paddy, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss this further. Warm regards, NICK RACV Social Media Consultant.

Long wait to speak to a RACV representative and blatantly rude service and the refund is still awaiting 2 weeks later.

No email following up discussed decisions made which that roadside assistance will be canceled and the $260 will be returned via CHECK in the mail. Why couldn't it be returned via the way they took the money?
Will be definitely going elsewhere this Monday.

Claim MadeNo
Good afternoon, sorry to hear about your recent experience regarding Emergency Roadside Assistance and your refund request. Can you please private message us your details so we can follow this up Warm regards, Khanh

They keep sending me junk mail

I have told them before to stop sending me junk mail. But they have continued for over a year. That person called Angelina DOES NOT live here. PLEASE stop sending me junk mail every week.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

RACV - immoral and unethical

Name spelled incorrectly after numerous attempts to rectify, banking details captured incorrectly after numerous attempts to rectify, 45 minute wait time for calls to be answered, terrible communication. From a vehicle claim of $4100 we finally recieved a total of $1900. Not sure what RACV expect I'll get as a replacement for $1900?

Never again

Our camper trailer was damaged, probably $10k damage on a $40k camper. It was eventually written off because the RACV recommended repairer was incompetent and a liar. We eventually received EFT payment for the contents and then EFT for the camper and then they said that they could refund the unused policy premium amount until they sold the wreck! They have got to be kidding. They then sent the cheque (why not EFT) to the wrong address (yet to be received) This has taken 6 months . I once had 6 insurance policies with the RACV, this was the last

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim DateSeptember 2018

Horrible experience

Our camper was damaged in a storm, and in October 2019 we started the insurance claim and dropped the caravan off to the repairer. This claim has dragged on for 4 months and we have been given excuse after excuse why its taken so long. Very low cash settlements have been offered but they wouldn't cover the labor let alone the parts to fix it. The call center and assessors have no idea about caravans or how to repair them.