RACV Car Insurance
See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by RACV

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (17)
    • 1-2 months (25)
    • 3+ months (25)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (50) · No (31)

Al Lee
Al LeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too long to repair minor damage

A cyclist hit the side of my car. RACV waived the excess and provided a rental car for 14 days. Their repairer took six weeks. I have canceled my policy

Very good service

Had the misfortune of being hit twice in 1 month by 2 other drivers both of them at fault and caught on Dashcam handed RACV there details and footage had the car repaired quickly and repaired well at no cost .RACV certainly stepped up when we needed them .

Pat Byrnes
Pat Byrnes

Patrick Byrnes. UGC 138

Will (Disgruntled)
Will (Disgruntled)Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just the price and the business model

RACV are mostly quick to reach on the phone but if you don't pay attention, your complete care insurance will go up significantly. Mine was almost double after a few years and I looked closely at my policy, and the once agreed value (the most important thing to me) was no longer honoured and was almost halved. Why would I pay twice as much for half the cover? Anyway, after calling up to cancel my renewal, I shared my frustration, and the rep said before I go, he will see what can be done. I waited 15 mins on hold and was then hung up on. A fitting goodbye. RACV, I feel you need to do better. I got 2 quotes less than 50% of what you were willing to give a loyal customer

RACV S.RACV

Hi Will, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Hassan - Social Media Consultant.

Mazda CX-3
Mazda CX-3Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Circus Act

RACV S.RACV

Hi Member, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

david allenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Massive increase in premium without any policy change

Policy on my car has increased from 1800 to 2350 without any changes, accidents or claims. RACV give you the standard crock of S..T about risk of vehicle etc. i explained that cars do not crash themselves and i have been driving 35yrs., my car has done 11000kms in 7 years....................pretty low risk where i learnt mathmatics, but RACV have a different way of calculating it...........................of course, absolute rip offs.
I have 3 vehicles with them and will be changing all of them, even if i pay more, RACV need to stop with the rubbish insurance talk on how they work it out and get real, insure the person driving, not the car, the cars do not crash themselves

RACV S.RACV

Hi David, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Hi Robert

RACV have my number, you are free to call me to discuss

Nhhh
NhhhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst insurance

Worst insurance I had ever,they are trying to walk away from repair my boat.I have been waiting one month to get my answer,
They are nice when you wanna buy insurance,after that they don’t care

RACV S.RACV

Hi Nhhh, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Heather W.
Heather W.Western District, VIC

Very caring

Stephanie at claims was very caring and supportive with the difficult task of putting a car claim in for my mothers estate. This was made much easier with her help. Thank you Stephanie

Super Funds Awards 2020!

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Harpreet Hehar
Harpreet Hehar

Donot trust racv

I was member with racv for three year and they messed up my whole payment for my car insurance and refuse to refund . They said customer service representative made mistake . I had three policy with RACV two cars and one home and content . After this experience i will cancel all my three policies. I will never recommend anyone to use racv insurance. Donot trust them .

War
WarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cant trust RACV

Had full comprehensive insurance with RACV, all the bells and whistles, windscreen cover , transport cover, choice of repairer cover. Put in a claim and they wouldnt pay up, we had to take them to AFCA. We managed to get only half the money to repair the car. Worst insurance I have ever had. Took six weeks for them to look at our claim and over six months to settle it

Waiting game
Waiting game

Very disappointed 30+ year member 4 policies thinking of cancelling rest of my policies.

Still waiting on RACV to contact us us now into third working week for not at fault claim re written off vehicle.
We reported the accident on same day and no-one followed up leaving it to use to call to check on progress a week later.
We were informed a week ago to expect a phone call on Monday I took day off to be available.
No contact on Monday not even a text message to apologize for wasting my day.
I followed up on Friday my only day off for the week with my case/ file manager wasted another day waiting for a phone call. Now I rang again yesterday being told I would hear from someone again no response .
Very disappointing no communication at all very stressful situation .We have an agreed value policy and have been proved not at fault.

RACV S.RACV

Good Afternoon, we’re sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss this further.

Kind Regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Ben S.
Ben S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ripped off

Diesel hilux blown up motor half way home from inverlock, RACV on comprehensive car insurance policy, ( sorry sir not covered for roadside assist, towing, or mechanical issues and we won’t provide you with a rental). I ask myself what is the point of having Insurance at all.

No customer loyalty

Have been with this insurer for 14 years.
Happily paid my renewal a few days ago and also updated my new address (30 minutes from my previous address) only to be slugged with an additional $250 for moving post codes to a *higher risk area apparently.
What rubbish. Never mind the fact that I will be using my car 10 times less than previously. Called them and they couldn't give a stuff about keeping a loyal racv member. Offered a $40 discount but have since saved $250 going with youi insurance.
Instead of waiving the ridiculous additional cost for moving suburbs RACV has now lost a customer who would have kept my policy for the next possible 30 years. Thanks RACV

LeightonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

"Fair Market Value" - really ????

My car was written off in an accident.
I have a Comprehensive Policy with RACV to cover this vehicle.
At first RACV offered me a "Red Book" valuation. This was totally unacceptable. I provide evidence of the only two similar car for sale in Australia. Both were "in the market" at much high prices, but of lower spec.
After four phone calls and emails we still can't agree on a reasonable "fair market" value.
I have 7 policies with RACV and am a GOLD member. so much for loyalty. I think its time to look at other insurance providers......Very disappointing

RACV S.RACV

Hi Leighton, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Kind Regards, Danielle - Social Media Consultant.

Leighton

Two months latter and still no resolution. How bad are RACV.
Don't insure with RACV.....

RACV S.RACV

Hi Leighton, we advise your feedback is currently with our member relations department, once they complete their investigation they will make contact. We sincerely apologize for the delay. Kind Regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Good work Rachel.

Spoke with Consultant Rachel very helpful and great at their job! Working in a call centre customer service role I know what a good operator takes Rachel was great. I am happy with RACV and really like the fact they are Australian owned and operated. The only concern I have is in regards to price otherwise good.

Griff
Griff

Hi yeah you are welcome to use it :)

Hiba K.
Hiba K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service

terrible and worst insurance i can ever see. if someone else hit my car they’ll ask for the excess even if its not ur fault. terrible people terrible service. 0% trust
Do not go to RACV ever

RACV S.RACV

Hi, we are sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Kind Regards, Athena - Social Media Consultant

julia w.asked
Car Insurance

Hi, I already paid RACV car insurance charge , but I did not receive the payment confirmation, so my policy is effective now ? or I need to wait payment confirmation ? How can I know my policy is effctive or not ?

RACV S.RACV

Hi Julia, thank you for your query in relation to RACV Insurance. We will contact you via private message to advise further.

Jessica C.
Jessica C.

Hi Julia, what was your outcome I'm having trouble with racv at the moment with similar thing.

julia w.

I called RACV, and get the confirmation of payment , hope it is helpful to you

Chichi K.
Chichi K.asked
Car Insurance

I want to know why my insurance price rises every year. Its becoming a joke and way too expensive. The longer I've driven it the more expensive it is. Ive never had an accident so what's the reason for the price rise every year.

Hi Chichi,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your premium and value your loyalty to us.

We would like the opportunity to review your policy further and apply any applicable discounts, however, we are not able to do this via the Product Review website.

To review your policy please call us on 13 RACV (13 7228) option 5, 1, 1 from 7 am -11 pm daily.

Kind Regards, Sandi - Social Media Consultant.

Fethon Naoum
Fethon Naoumasked
Car Insurance

Just bought a car from a dealer and will be driving it back home for 400 km. Can I insure it before officially it’s under my ownership?

RACV S.RACV

Hi Fethon, thank you for your query in relation to RACV Insurance. We will contact you via private message to advise further.

Kind Regards, Sandi - Social Media Consultant.

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives

RACV Car Insurance

Compare all 5 RACV Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and TravelHome and Contents, Landlord and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $150 per day for up to 10 daysNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included up to $100 per day

Included up to $2,000

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $800Included up to $800Included up to $800Not Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $100 per day for an unlimited amount of days

Included up to $60 per day for up to 21 days

Included up to $60 per day for up to 21 days

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500 per itemIncluded up to $500 per itemNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage