2.4

Jarod2 posts

John G
John GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

The system worked well

My car broke down on Burwood highway and I was just able to get it into lakeside drive, I called RACV roadside assist, (4minutes bad music) a serviceman was sent and I could track him on the mobile phone. In the interim I had a coffee at the Cafe Oggi, great. The serviceman arrived and found no spark to the engine so a tow truck was ordered about 15 minutes later the Tow truck arrived and took our car to the service people I use. He then ordered us a cab and we went home 10 minutes later no charge. I was fortunate the car failed in that location, locals were very helpful and kind, a garbage truck driver, Maria at Cafe Oggi too. Given we don't want a car breakdown at any time. this was as good as it gets, the total care system worked.
Call_another_company
Call_another_companyMelbourne8 posts

RACV BIKE ASSIST: waste of money. Incompetent

Rip off !!
Absolutely incompetent service
After waiting for 1.5 hours, they sent a man who said he did not know how to fix a tyre on a bike !
The tyre started to deflate an hour later
I called again, this time another incompetent came, who did not have the tube for a bike!
I called the call centre, a very arrogant Indian lady refused to offer me any sort of credit, she was really rude
Shame on the RACV for charging for a “service” that they didn’t fulfill
Go to a honest bike shop instead
Spread the word on Facebook, tell your friends, tell anyone who has a bike.
RACV Bike Assist breaks Victorian Consumer laws.
Andrew P.
Andrew P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

RACV Apalling

Part two. RACV send a second truck the next day, two hours later a small toy truck arrives and moves car onto the road but can't tow the car.
Appalling service, appalling communications with RACV. NO Care.
Lodged a complaint and have heard nothing
JBS
JBS

Had an issue with diesel tank and Frank and Sam looked after us
Can’t recommend them highly enough
The no charge was quite special
Top effort from RACV Mildura
John Savage
Davo31
Davo313 posts

Locked Car Experience

Steve was a very pleasant person who was able to open my locked car and retrieve my keys. Arrived before time and saved me from extended angst. Should have rang earlier before I damaged the pillar of my car trying to do it myself.
Dave Mitchell,
Vermont South
Jo RADISIC
Jo RADISICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

left stranded

SHOCKING left me stranded alone in a carpark because they decided not to tow my car when it wouldnt start.. Rude on the phone also - not worth membership wont be renewing
Marcus T.
Marcus T.

Seamless Process Inside and Out

Blown one of my tyres during the deluge of rain on my way home. Wait time was short over the phone. It took someone from RACV roadside assist about 10 to 15 minutes to arrive. Tyre was replaced in about 10 minutes and I was even given another spare tyre for no additional cost! Great service again and would happily recommend.
Lioninzion
LioninzionMelbourne29 posts

Terrible

I called RACV and waited for 90 minutes, but nothing happened, called again and they told me I didn't call earlier. So then I had to wait another 2 hours. Unreliable and very disappointing.
FunkstaMelbourne4 posts

Racv and GP Motors are criminals

Lisa O.
Lisa O.

Best experience for the youth

Racv thankyou. My son thought his insurance covered when we looked at renewal it didn't. So signed up with you and broke down soon after. What service within 20 mins mechanic there and 20 minutes later towed home. With updates and calls the whole time. So happy we chose racv that is service.Thanks for teaching my 20 yr old son that some companies do care.very impressive and would highly recommend.
Grand J.
Grand J.Victoria2 posts

Disgraceful customer service

I called for assistance for a tyre puncture, the customer service representative named Casey did not send the job to a mechanic until after my second call is made that’s like 45 mins later. Made me wait more than 30 mins and additional 15 mins on the phone in very hot humid conditions. When I questioned him about not getting a tracker for the job receiver. He said he sent it already but he never did. I asked him to send it again but said it’s done by automation and cannot be sent again. After all that he giggles and hangs up.

We as customers paying your salary to be treated like this, you either discriminating against us or the job is not suitable for you.

anthony t.
anthony t.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Rotten

Absolute joke... my daughter couldn't start car and was told to just get towed to a mechanic. She really wanted to drive or work out what problem is. My daughter was in distress on a 35c degree day. Disgraceful service.
Hutchy
Hutchy4 posts

Extremely impressed with RACV person who assisted tyre change

Ross came within 10mins of call out and was able to remove spare tyre from under Mitsubishi Triton without correct equip(as not in car). He devised a way. Highly recommend Ross. Extremely thorough and clever.
WarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts

RACV will always assist you by taking your money

Bought a new car from Alan Mance only to have it written off by a P plater running a red light. 4 Months later i got my replacement car, contacted RACV about the new rego, they talked me into an upgrade on the roadside assist. Little did i know that from that point on I was now paying for two cars even though the original had been written off. It was not until a year later that i picked up on the duplication, and asked for a refund.
Learning point 1 they take your money but are very reluctant to give it back.
Learning point 2 If you buy a car from a dealership the roadside assist is not yours, it is the dealerships.
So got back 12 months of the duplication the other 6 months is bound up by the complications of who owns your vehicle assist