RACV Travel Insurance

3.4

I was told that I would be contacted today by Andy from racv still no word at 8 33pm i dont know how many calls it takes to get some answers dissapointed never again

DestinationNew Zealand

Customer service

Holiday cancelled due to coronavirus. Previous enquiry re insurance policy said it could be carried over to 2021 if i elected to do so before initial departure date of 22 May 2020. When I rang 20 May 2020, customer officer Barbara offered to enquire about a full refund for me, which was a much preferred option. Barbara's enquiry proved successful, resulting in a refund. Very grateful for her excellent service

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Elise E.RACV

Hi Kev. We are happy to hear that we were there for you and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip.

Warm regards, Nicole - Social Media Consultant.

Refund

HI, I would like to thank RACV on their efficient customer service when cancelling my insurance. During difficult times, its lovely to have encountered such great professional service.
Thankyou so much

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Graeme

GraemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

As smarttraveller has stopped ALL travel overseas, this policy is useless !!!

Your email tells me to enjoy the trip - but the trip is Cancelled !.
I should be getting a 100% refund !
Not impressed.
Please reconsider the refund, and get it to me ASAP

Elise E.RACV

Hi Graeme, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Braheem - Social Media Consultant.

Request for cancellation and refund of a travel insurance vehicle hire excess policy which became redundant.

By mid-March it became clear travel might leave us marooned at our destination. Approximately a week before we were due to travel to Perth, I requested cancellation of the policy (along with flights, vehicle hire and accommodation) .
RACV considered my request and the vehicle hire excess insurance premium was eventually refunded.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

RACV looking after its members

I would like to thank the RACV travel insurance team for there assistance in cancelling our travel insurance due to the current travel restrictions for a trip we had planned to go to Europe in the next few months and refunding the total premium when asked. I have used them for our travel for the last 30+ years and have had to call on their assistance when travelling on a few occasions and they have always been fantastic. I was reimbursed all medical costs and expenses incurred a few years ago and they arranged alternative flights and accommodation after my wife had recovered, I would recommend them to anyone considering travelling overseas when we are able to travel again,

Robert Redwood

Robert RedwoodCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cancellation of trip due to virus,

Unfortunately our trip had to be cancelled due to the virus.
We contacted RACV to enquire about a refund and found them to be very pleasant, cooperative and prompt as a refund was returned to us the very next day.
We will certainly use RACV for our travel insurance when we are able to travel again

Being Robed

At the time of purchase we were happy with RACV insurance Covit 19 came along then we could not go the cruise line is giving 100% back on cruise.

I inquired re RACV giving back our insurance payment and was met with a big No

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
conned again

conned againGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You only know how good it is when you have to make a claim

Had to make 2 claims on my policy this time, one for medical expenses and one for stolen money when we were forced to take money from ATM in Buenos Aires, both claims have been paid in full and as we had opted for nil excess we got back the full amount of our claim, lodging claim on line was easy and requests for extra information meant I only had to scan documents. Very good.

DestinationAntarctica and South America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Refund of policy for trip cancelled because of COVID19

I applied for refund or credit for domestic travel insurance policy when the trip was cancelled because of restrictions placed on interstate travel due to COVID19. I received a full refund three weeks after the application. I wish to thank the Insurance section staff for the refund. Best wishes in these troubled times.

Carmel

CarmelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Efficiency

I have had no claims.
People have l have dealt with been very efficient and pleasant.
Queries have been very promptly answered
Annual policy good value.
I have used RACV Insurance three times

DestinationSouth America
Elizabeth

ElizabethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RACV still reliable.

The whole process from quotation to payment was very east. We had to cancel our May 2020 trip to USA as I don't see us travelling again until there is a vaccination for Covid 19. We asked RACV for a return of premium which they granted as long as we did not intend to make any claims, and because we were cancelling within date conditions. Refund processed in a couple of days.

DiM

DiMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing Rip Off

Elise E.RACV

Hi, we are sorry to hear that our Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss further.

Warm regards, Jon

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Disappointed

Elise E.RACV

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear that our Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss further.

Warm regards, Jon

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Consultant assumed and kept on making mistakes to deny the claim! Rude!

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020

Toni

ToniGippsland, VIC

RIP off

Travel was cancelled due to covid19. Asked racv to extend out policy to cover rebooking for 2021 and they wont extend it or give us refund. Cost $1100+. Told that because I bought the policy in Oct 2019 as we were told to do by travel agent that it expired in april 2021. Under the circumstances I would have thought extending the policy for another 3 months would have been good customer service

Elise E.RACV

Hi Toni, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Kamal Daruwalla

Kamal DaruwallaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing service and weak excuses!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMarch 2020
Elise E.RACV

Hi Kamal, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Robert - Social Media Consultant.

We are stuck overseas because of corona and RACV is not helping us extend our policy

My policy should have been till the 21st and they have only done it till the 20th which is fault on their behalf because I provided my flight details. On the other hand I have been in lockdown in another country and didn’t have a chance to leave these premises to buy the allocated credit to be able to contact internationally so I could extend the policy and they aren’t extending it even though it was not in our power that we got stuck here.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Gulsum, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Robert - Social Media Consultant.

If you’re travelling take RACV with you!

I have been using this travel insurance for the past 2 years and have due to unforeseen circumstances had to make claims multiple times. Each and every time racv have exceeded my expectations not only with the timely and easy to access claims process but also with the human empathetic support given in times of high stress while abroad.
I would highly recommend racv travel insurance for a stress free, care free holiday! These guys have always got your back! Great job racv!!:)

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Ann

AnnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refund

Thank you for your prompt refund of my multi-trip travel insurance premium due to Covid-19.
I can’t believe how painless it was in this world of endless form filling and push button telephone calls where you are hand balled from one recorded voice to another.
It’s great to be able to talk to a real person.

Tim M.

Tim M.asked

Travel Insurance

Does the total travel care policy cover repatriation. As we have been informed that we may not be allowed off the boat in New Caledonia if we do not hold international travel insurance that covers medical costs and repatriation. We have taken this policy out and now are thinking its not the right one.

John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Racv will tell you to read their PDS ( product disclosure statement ) unfortunately I was ignorant of this and realised after reading their PDS it is heavily loaded in RACV’s favour.

RACV Care T.RACV

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in contact regarding the coverage of your Travel Insurance Policy.

RACV is pleased to advise that we cover for Overseas Medical, Hospital, Cash in Hospital, Dental and Related Expenses. Our medical cover also assists you to find treatment and if necessary, medical evacuation and/or repatriation.

If you are hospitalised, you, or a member of your travelling party, must contact Us as soon as possible. The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are not hospitalised but are being treated as an outpatient and the total cost of any treatment exceeds $2,000, you must contact us as soon as possible as we will not
pay for any expenses that have not been approved by us.

If you have an overseas emergency, contact our assistance team immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on
(02) 8055 1699. For more information please refer to Page 2 and 19 via this link: https://www.racv.com.au/content/dam/racv/documents/insurance/racv-travel-insurance/travel-insurance-fsg-pds.pdf.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Janice

nbmoller
nbmoller

RACV make denials of claim up, Id suggest that you read a number of the one star responses , I have seen them deny travel delay claim because "Mechanical failure " is not covered , total rubbish , Ive seen a travel inconvenience claim denied because the traveller had their drivers Lisc stolen and the car hire company would not allow the car to be hired that with out a Drivers Lisc , claiming a drivers Lisc is not a required document - Just Rubbish

xian ren

xian renasked

Travel Insurance

How do I buy full health insurance?

Elise E.RACV

Hi Xian, RACV do not currently provide health insurance. If you are referring to coverage for overseas medical and hospital cover you can find out more and obtain a quote here: https://bit.ly/2JhvJav

Dominique

Dominiqueasked

Travel Insurance

Hi, I’m a student doing an assessment for Commerce and I would like to know what RACV covers and at what prices. I’m 'going' on a safari trip in Africa (Morocco) for 9 days. What insurance would be available and at what price?

Aaron F.RACV

Hi Dominique, Thank you for getting in contact regarding a quote on Travel Insurance for your upcoming trip to Africa (Morocco). We are unable to complete this via a Product Review as during the quote process you will be asked a number of questions that are specific to your insurance requirements. It’s important that these questions are answered correctly so that the product being offered meets your identified requirements. Please call us on 13 13 29 from 9am to 6pm or you can visit any RACV Shop. Kind regards, Janice

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives