2RACV Travel Insurance

3.6

Graeme Longhurst
Graeme Longhurst

A Long Story

Policy cancelled due to Covid 2021. Was told no refund then surprised with offer of refund in 2024. Staff were courteous during phone calls.Told on 23 3 24 refund in 3- 6 weeks, when not received, contacted them again on 11 6 24 (10 weeks!!!).
Refunded on 13 6 24.
Very happy now. Show details
Olivia F
Olivia FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lovely experience

Lovely experience and great customer service. Alysha from RACV was so lovely and made the process of it great.
Thank you! Show details
Danny
DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Total Travel Care

Dont buy travel insurance from racv

They don't even rate 1 star, deserve Zero. Travelled Galapagos islands, Flight back was cancelled due to Bird strike, and they deny claim because "Cancellation, delays or rescheduling caused by Your Transport Provider or Travel Services Provider are not covered" what the hell is Travel insurance for if not to cover cancelations. In this case a Bird Strike. Member coming up 50 years and treated ugh. Never use this mob again Show details
Robyn
Robyn
  International

Gold-standard service

I had many difficulties in making this claim but in every case, the pleasant and courteous service from the three RACV call-takers who assisted me on different aspects and then referred me to a representative of Tokio Marine was patient and calming.
The broker representative was similarly efficient and very helpful and facilitated my refund with cheerful professionalism.
I wish that I could remember their names and will write them down in future so that I can express my appreciation more fully in future. Show details ·  1
David
DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund

Had to cancell policy due to cruise cancellation. Very happy with response and quick full refund. THANK YOU. Show details
Unhappy overseas travel
Unhappy overseas travel

Nil Public Holiday contact

Cannot believe in this day and age that RACV is completely uncontactable over ANY of the Easter period Show details
Dawn
DawnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Domestic

Great customer service

I was so surprised (and very pleased) to receive a letter from RACV advising that I may be eligible for a refund when I could not travel during a COVID lockdown period. It was then so easy to complete details on line to find out if I was eligible and response came back instantly that I would get a refund. I am a bit shocked, but very happily shocked, that the whole process was so easy. Thank you RACV. Show details
Alan
AlanSydney, NSW
  Extra Travel Care

Superior Service

Very helpful, explained policy details, superior friendly service, highly recommended. Show details
Ron S.
Ron S.
  International
Shane F.
Shane F.
  Travel Care

RACV travi insurance is the best

The 3 times I used RACVfor my over seas traviling Show details ·  1
Moog
MoogDunlop 2615, ACT2 posts
  Travel Care

Covid refund - a welcome surprise!

We purchased RACV travel insurance at a good price in early 2020, for travel in the UK. Then Covid struck and that was that. Or so we thought. But recently RACV, wrote quite unexpectedly, and refunded 2/3 of the insurance costs. We were very pleased, and have fingers crossed for our first post-covid overseas trip later this year! Show details ·  1
Graeme
GraemeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Domestic

Always use RACV for travel insurance

Wasn’t expecting a refund, thanks RACV. Will use them again. Show details ·  1
Lucy Gatt
Lucy Gatt2 posts
  Extra Travel Care

Very unexpected

I have just received a refund of my travel insurance policy which I took out for travel in June 2020. It never came across my mind to ask for a refund seeing as the pandemic put an end to our travel plans. I am very impressed that RACV contacted me themselves and refunded my money. Very happy and would recommend them for future travel insurance…. Show details ·  1
Mbdb
MbdbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified Annual Multi-Trip

The RACV employee was excellent

The underwriters were not so accommodating
My case was different we purchased a policy but were already overseas.
We were renewing a visa which required medical insurance, but then was not needed when it came time to cancel this policy it was like going through hell and high heaven.
But the RACV customer care sorted it! Show details ·  2
Tamara Y.
Tamara Y.

If I could do 0 stars I would

No point paying for travel insurance with RACV. There terms and conditions are ridiculous. I needed to claim for lost baggage and delayed flight without notification and the extremely detailed terms and conditions are absurd. I got no money after going back and forth for months continuously asking for information to find out that I wasn’t able to claim under their strict conditions. DON’T BOTHER!! Show details

Danny H.
Danny H. · Total Travel Care

I've read ALL the feedback from your clients, & have reached the conclusion, that everyone who didn't claim on their policy, was happy, BUT, the people that did claim, & I've read them all, are very unhappy !
So, even though I'm an RACV member, I won't be insuring through you.... the RACV have a very good reputation in all other matters, & I would caution them, not to jeopardise this, by using a foreign company, that are obviously not terribly interested in the policy holders, but only in as much profit as they can get.... mind you, insurence companies, as a whole, are all just interested in this !
Danny Heaver / Geelong

Jackie
Jackie

I have noticed all the positive reviews have not made a claim

Milly Liew
Milly Liew · Travel Care

I am interested to get the RACV Travel Care insurance when I go overseas. Please advise the insurance premium. I plan to go between 3 Oct to 1 Nov 2022 to Hong Kong. Thanks.

Schuf
Schuf

Ring the RACV to get a quote , it’s free.

Susanna B. · Travel Insurance

We paid for travel insurance in Nov 2019 for a trip to Austria. The trip was cancelled due to Covid and government travel ban. Are we entiteld for a refund and how to we apply for that? We are long time RACV customers and have multiple insurance policies.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Susanna B.

Thank you RACV Team. We just got information that we will receive a FULL REFUND.

See all RACV Travel Insurance questions

Compare all RACV Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
Maximum Age Covered 110 years old110 years old110 years old110 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedNot Covered$25,000$5,000
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000$15,000Not Included
Emergency DentalUnlimitedNot Included$2,000$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000Not Included$1,500Not Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000Not Included$3,500$1,500
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400$5,200$5,200Not Included
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000$15,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500$250$250Not Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500$500Not Included
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included$1,500 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000Not Included$1,500Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$1,500 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$1,500 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$750 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$7,500$2,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000$5,000$4,000Not Included
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included