RACV Travel Insurance

RACV Travel Insurance

Great service weeribee store

Went to the RACV weeribee store today to change some personal details and seek travel insurance. Greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff member made it a seamless task.Thanks for the great service.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Scott, Thank you for feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great member experience with us. We will pass of the feedback to the RACV Retail Store in Werribee. If there is anything else you require, please let us know. Kind Regards, Braheem RACV Social Media Team

Fantastic service

Wonderful value and easy online experience. Such comprehensive insurance policies to offer without being expensive. Excellent Value and so easy to establish. I have used RACV INSURANCE before and trust them always

Claim MadeNo
Hi Jan. We are happy to hear that we were there for you. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travellers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name, address and member number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Warm regards, Martin RACV Social Media Consultant.I’d be pleased to share this with others. I really respect and highly regard RACV for their wonderful service. Janet Harris 8 Burrell St, McCrae, 3938 804129Hi Jan, Thank you for your consent & for your support with RACV. We have passed your feedback onto our marketing team. We value your confidence and loyalty with us. We look forward to providing you with the same positive support you have provided to us. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to let us know :) Kind Regards, Braheem RACV Social Media Consultant

Should have listened to my friend and got insurance from a different company.

Hi All,
Please make sure you don't purchase TRAVEL INSURANCE from RACV.

It was very easy process to purchase the policy. I had a couple of issues while I was traveling so i decided to make a claim when i return back home. I had applied for the claim but they rejected them and have given me various excuses. If that was the case what is the whole point of getting travel insurance in the first place?

For everyone traveling please make sure you don't get it from RACV because it's not controlled by them, the claim process is assessed by a third party which is the insurance company TOKIO MARINE AND NICHIDO FIRE INSURANCE CO., LTD. . Please make sure to read the whole policy in detail before you buy it.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Good Evening, We’re sorry to hear that RACV Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. Can you please PM us with your member number so we can investigate this matter? Kinds Regards, Justin - Care department.

easy to do

Was easy to follow and very competitive price as we had looked around a fair bit and the one we used before was now so expensive.The young lady who we saw at RACV at Werribee was very helpful

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim MadeNo
Hey Vincent, glad to hear that you choose RACV, and the service and experience provided to you by our consultant was exceptional. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Warm regards, Khanh

Buyer Beware

On our recent trip to New Zealand my wife fell ill and received treatment and medication from
a hospital clinic in Christchurch New Zealand.
We had to cancel the rest of our holiday and fly back home to Melbourne for further care and treatment as her condition worsened ,l did not consider contacting RACV emergency assistance believing l could do this on our returning home . I did contact RACV claims and was sent their claim form which l promptly completed along with Doctors certificates, flight receipts plus other relevant documents. I have received the following email.
*Please obtain and forward the copy of my wife's medical history for the past year.
*Please confirm if you had any medical documents from New Zealand confirming it was a medical necessary to return home early for treatment.
*Please provide written confirmation which states the amount that can/cannot be refunded for the original unused return flight'
*Please provide complete itinerary if you were booked for any tour in New Zealand.
*Please confirm why you did not contact our emergency assistance before returning back to Australia.

Kind regards [name removed] / Claims handler

On phoning Racv to discuss these request l was told in no uncertain manner that without these confirmation request my claim would not proceed.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi John, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. Can you please provide us with your Policy Number and your best contact, so we can investigate this matter for you? Kind regards, Janice RACV Social Media Consultant.Hello Janice, our policy number 30271971 my mobile number is 0414304736 Regards John Gallagher.

Good value

The insurance policy was easy to organise, the benefits were pretty clear on a number of points and the policy also has has better cover for rental cars than most I've looked at.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Kathie. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with RACV Insurance. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name and policy or registration number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you. Warm regards, Elise RACV Social Media Consultant.

Easy to do and instant result

I have checked with other travel insurance companies and found RACV to be excellent value.I have used RACV travel insurance several times,and will definitely use it again for my next trip.

Claim MadeNo
Good evening Jack, thank you kindly for passing on your feedback. We are happy to hear that you love the service and look forward to assisting you again when you plan your next trip :) Feel free to send us a message for any queries! Kind regards, Sulin

Best Policy Around

I have shopped around for Travel Insurance in the past and I keep coming back to the RACV. Being a Gold Member helps even more with the fabulous discount offered for over 70s. RACV, you've got us covered...thank you.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Mick, Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear you had a great member experience & we will pass on your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and support over the years. Please let us know if there is anything else you need. We would be more than happy to help! Kind Regards, Braheem

Buyer beware

As a 50 year member of the RACV we took out travel insurance to cover a cruise in Feb 2019 to celebrate my 70th birthday along with some friends. We booked the cruise in may 2018 and fully paid up in November 2018, at which time I took out RACV total care package. Log on online was simple and easy to process, it does however not ask if any relative has a pre existing condition that may affect your policy. The site asks you to agree to terms in relation to the PDS. ( this is a 64 page document). So like many others I ticked the box thinking everything would be okay. How wrong was I for not ready the PDS thoroughly.
In the background my sister had been fighting cancer for over 17 years and had various operations and treatments. She was told in December after a hospital visit that there was nothing more they could do for her and that she had 6 months to 2 years to get her affairs in order.
Unfortunately her health to a bad term in Feb 2019 and she was admitted to palliative care. WE cancelled our holiday on 12th Feb, My sister died on 14th Feb the day we were supposed to sail away on holiday.
I submitted a claim for travel insurance only to find out you are not actually insured by them but Tokio Marine. who probably don't give a hoot that you are a loyal RACV customer of nearly 50 years.
The company requested a copy of the death certificate and provided a medical certificate to be completed by her regular GP. these were provide in due course.
On looking at the policy for cancellation its says you are covered for "through severs circumstances beyond your control that you did not expect or intend" think you are covered, WRONG,
The company declined my policy on medical grounds not mine my sisters, the policy says under medical condition about medical conditions not covered it talks about your heart , your lungs etc but the kicker is in the last line of medical condition, it says that the medical condition applies to you, your travelling companion, a relative or any other person. so company declined my policy based on my sister having a pre existing condition before I took out the travel insurance. I`ll be honest that having to use it for a cancellation due to a death never entered my mind, we usually take travel insurance mainly for any medical expense which we may incur. So the moral of the story is please read and understand the PDS from any company because in certain circumstance you may not be covered.
So I`ll always remember my 70th birthday for all the wrong reasons, I didn't get to celebrate my birthday on the cruise, my sister passed away and the travel insurance declined my claim
So as I put in review heading its buyer beware you don't always get the cover you are expecting
I`d like to hear from any similar situations.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi John, Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate. Warm regards, Elise RACV Social Media Consultant.

A pleasure to deal with

RACV representatives were very easy to deal with and advised me very well . Being a member gave me a good discount .My friend told me my cost was much more favourable than his.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Hi John. We are happy to hear that we were there for you. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travelers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name, address and member number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Warm regards, Nick RACV Social Media Consultant.

Excellent customer service and value

Great value and excellent service, Nikki make it so easy and set up the policy so quickly.
I always use RACV insurance as they are so efficient and offer great products and service.

Good experience with RACV Travel Insurance

Traveled to India, January-February 2019. Had a medical emergency while in India. On return to Melbourne Victoria, my claim was processed promptly and efficiently.

On my several visits overseas, I have always taken travel insurance from RACV and this was the first time that I had to claim for the unfortunate illness. In the past too, I have recommended RACV to all my friends and family as I find their services very efficient. Thank you RACV.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi . Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with RACV Insurance. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travellers. Thank you Khanh

Steven (Chadstone) was terrific

The policy was set up in a few minutes and was good value compared to other quotes. All questions were answered efficiently. Steven remembered us from the previous week when he organised our international drivers licences.

Claim MadeNo
Good morning Gail and Daniel, thanks for your review of RACV Travel Insurance and we do appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear the policy was set up quickly and you have found it good value. We wish you happy travels and enjoy the rest of your day! Kind regards, Kristen

Great cover, great price especially for RACV members.

I always find RACV travel insurance the cheapest and best value. I look around. It pays to be a member if you travel overseas as you will find it hard to beat the value the policy offers. Easy to set up. Did it all on-line for the first time and found no problems whatsoever.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Maurice. We are happy to hear that we were there for you. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travellers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name, address and member number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Warm regards, NICK RACV Social Media Consultant.Maurice Bexley 86 Newlands Drive Paynesville 3880 197737 this is my wife's gold card numberHi Maurice, Thank you for providing your details. We have passed your feedback onto our marketing department. We really appreciate you taking the time to register your valuable feedback and look forward to being there for you on your next trip Warm regards, Sangita RACV Social Media Consultant.

Feedback on todays telecon with RACV consultant

We found RACV Travel Insurance to be good value and easy to set up
A previous claim was handled in a professional and timely manner and
we have used RACV Travel Insurance on two occasions.

Claim DateSeptember 2017
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Trevor. We are happy to hear that we were there for you. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travelers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name, address and member number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Warm regards, NICK RACV Social Media Consultant.

Arron, (Chadstone.), was very patient and very efficient!!. Perfect!.

Good value, covers what I require! it was easy to set up with Arrons help, and he put the pre-existing conditions, on the file for any new policies. Thanks. Murray Smith. Once before, and was satisfactory.

Suits well my needs

It was easy to set up over the counter. The RACV representative was competent and very efficient. However, before this I've tried to to organise the insurance over the phone and it Appeared to be a task impossible. After halph an hour in the queque on the phone I gave up.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Elizabeth . We are happy to hear that we were there for you. We would love to use your feedback as part of our marketing material, so all our members are aware of the quality of service we provide to travellers. We will protect your privacy by only using your first name, suburb. No other details will be used as part of the material. Can we please have your permission to share your experience? If so, please private message us your full name, address and member number. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you when you need us next. Warm regards, NICK - Social Media Consultant.

Easy Peasy

When organizing our travel insurance with an RACV telephone operator it was made very easy as the operator spoke plain clear English ! This made the process stress free as I could understand every word clearly. This is the second time we have used RACV travel insurance and have found it very easy to set up and the price is so so reasonable for a family of four.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim MadeNo

Have used before happy with outcome very reliable

Very good value
Have used once before and made a claim very happy with results , quick and easy to deal with.
Using today for the second time. Hope I dont need it lol

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateJune 2013

Don’t even bother

Took out travel insurance with RACV, when I returned my rental car they found some damage to the roof of the car. I submitted my claim to RACV and it was rejected because I operated the car in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental policy. But when asked they were unable to tell me how I operated the car in this way.....but still rejected my claim. Don’t even bother with RACV.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo

Does the total travel care policy cover repatriation. As we have been informed that we may not be allowed off the boat in New Caledonia if we do not hold international travel insurance that covers medical costs and repatriation. We have taken this policy out and now are thinking its not the right one.
Racv will tell you to read their PDS ( product disclosure statement ) unfortunately I was ignorant of this and realised after reading their PDS it is heavily loaded in RACV’s favour.Hi Tim, Thanks for getting in contact regarding the coverage of your Travel Insurance Policy. RACV is pleased to advise that we cover for Overseas Medical, Hospital, Cash in Hospital, Dental and Related Expenses. Our medical cover also assists you to find treatment and if necessary, medical evacuation and/or repatriation. If you are hospitalised, you, or a member of your travelling party, must contact Us as soon as possible. The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are not hospitalised but are being treated as an outpatient and the total cost of any treatment exceeds $2,000, you must contact us as soon as possible as we will not pay for any expenses that have not been approved by us. If you have an overseas emergency, contact our assistance team immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on (02) 8055 1699. For more information please refer to Page 2 and 19 via this link: https://www.racv.com.au/content/dam/racv/documents/insurance/racv-travel-insurance/travel-insurance-fsg-pds.pdf. Hope that helps. Kind regards, Janice Social Media Consultant

How do I buy full health insurance?
Hi Xian, RACV do not currently provide health insurance. If you are referring to coverage for overseas medical and hospital cover you can find out more and obtain a quote here: https://bit.ly/2JhvJav

Hi, I’m a student doing an assessment for Commerce and I would like to know what RACV covers and at what prices. I’m 'going' on a safari trip in Africa (Morocco) for 9 days. What insurance would be available and at what price?
Hi Dominique, Thank you for getting in contact regarding a quote on Travel Insurance for your upcoming trip to Africa (Morocco). We are unable to complete this via a Product Review as during the quote process you will be asked a number of questions that are specific to your insurance requirements. It’s important that these questions are answered correctly so that the product being offered meets your identified requirements. Please call us on 13 13 29 from 9am to 6pm or you can visit any RACV Shop. Kind regards, Janice

Similar listings