2RACV Travel Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (7)
  • 2-4 weeks (14)
  • 1-2 months (15)
  • 3+ months (20)
Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (34)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RACV Travel Insurance443 reviews
Moog
MoogACTDunlop 2615, ACT2 posts
  Travel Care

Covid refund - a welcome surprise!

We purchased RACV travel insurance at a good price in early 2020, for travel in the UK. Then Covid struck and that was that. Or so we thought. But recently RACV, wrote quite unexpectedly, and refunded 2/3 of the insurance costs. We were very pleased, and have fingers crossed for our first post-covid overseas trip later this year! Show details ·  1
Graeme
GraemeVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Domestic

Always use RACV for travel insurance

Wasn’t expecting a refund, thanks RACV. Will use them again. Show details ·  1
Lucy Gatt
Lucy Gatt2 posts
  Extra Travel Care

Very unexpected

I have just received a refund of my travel insurance policy which I took out for travel in June 2020. It never came across my mind to ask for a refund seeing as the pandemic put an end to our travel plans. I am very impressed that RACV contacted me themselves and refunded my money. Very happy and would recommend them for future travel insurance…. Show details ·  1
Mbdb
MbdbVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Verified Annual Multi-Trip

The RACV employee was excellent

The underwriters were not so accommodating
My case was different we purchased a policy but were already overseas.
We were renewing a visa which required medical insurance, but then was not needed when it came time to cancel this policy it was like going through hell and high heaven.
But the RACV customer care sorted it! Show details ·  1
Tamara Y.
Tamara Y.

If I could do 0 stars I would

No point paying for travel insurance with RACV. There terms and conditions are ridiculous. I needed to claim for lost baggage and delayed flight without notification and the extremely detailed terms and conditions are absurd. I got no money after going back and forth for months continuously asking for information to find out that I wasn’t able to claim under their strict conditions. DON’T BOTHER!! Show details
John
JohnVICGippsland, VIC2 posts

Disappointed with RACV treatment during Covid

I paid $585.94 for the policy, then when Covid struck the best RACV offered me was a six month extension which was useless due to lockdowns and the travel restrictions.
Only now, 4 years later are they offering a partial Refund of only $167.42.
So, so disappointed considering, the RACV and insurers lost nothing and myself having various other RACV policies, travel, car etc. over the years. Show details
RACV   DM

Hi John, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate. Warm regards, Chaz - Social Media Consultant.

Aimee B.
Aimee B.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not Good!!!!

I made a claim upon arrival home from our holiday, it has now been over 4 weeks and have not heard a peep from anyone. I have tried to follow up and get an update on the claim and still no one has got back to me. Would not take out insurance with them again. Show details
RACV   DM

Hi Aimee, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate. Warm regards, Zachary - Social Media Consultant.

David
David3 posts
  Verified Domestic

Both RACV and the underwriters came through

Have had around 6 policies with them without a claim. They are on sellers for Tokio, so you are dealing with front of house being RACV and Tokio being the decision makers. Day of the cruise SWMBO tested COVID positive. We cancelled, sorted out some stuff, and then I rang RACV. Got good advice about what to do next and some calming words. After we collected the necessary, I rang them back and got advice that I needed to get a better version of the evidence we had. All doable and we did that. Value added by RACV. Claim then went through in approximately the advertised timeline allowing for Xmas. Show details ·  1
Simon
SimonVICSouthwest, VIC4 posts

Too easy

Just got travel insurance on line so easy and we got a membership discount thanks Show details ·  1
dylbre
dylbreVICNortheast, VIC3 posts
  Annual Multi-Trip

the only way to go

great product, great service, RACV great to deal with the experience people Show details ·  1
Joan46
Joan46Melbourne6 posts
  Verified Domestic

Something a little different

Attempted purchase domestic travel insurance using the online tool. We could not make our circumstances fit. We emailed RACV and received a prompt reply on the next working day. The suggestion given was ring RACV Insurance directly which we did. It took a couple of attempts to speak to an assistant before circumstances and requirements of insurance wanted were given. Company protocol regarding terms and conditions attended before insurance policy and payment promptly completed. We are satisfied with this service. Show details ·  1
Frank
FrankMelbourne6 posts
  Annual Multi-Trip

RACV Travel Insurance Refund Rip Off

As with countless of others who recently received notification that a full or partial refund would be made for travel insurance not required due to cancellation of all travel plans etc (in 2020) during the Covid Pandemic, we were extremely disappointed that only $357-54 of $658-57 originally paid was refunded. We find this most unsatisfactory as NO claims were made under the travel insurance policy and that in the circumstance a full refund should have been provided. Show details
Paula B.
Paula B.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Domestic

Prompt and timely claim process

A few months ago we had a death in the family just prior to our holiday and had to cancel. The claims process was quick and simple and RACV paid the claim in total in a few weeks. We have had a previous claim with them a few years ago and again it was paid in full very quickly. Very happy with their service and would recommend. Show details
Kalani
Kalani

Amazing service, super easy

Always use RACV travel insurance, always get the best service at Sale store! Show details ·  1
Eddie
EddieVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  International

Danny H.
Danny H. · Total Travel Care

I've read ALL the feedback from your clients, & have reached the conclusion, that everyone who didn't claim on their policy, was happy, BUT, the people that did claim, & I've read them all, are very unhappy !
So, even though I'm an RACV member, I won't be insuring through you.... the RACV have a very good reputation in all other matters, & I would caution them, not to jeopardise this, by using a foreign company, that are obviously not terribly interested in the policy holders, but only in as much profit as they can get.... mind you, insurence companies, as a whole, are all just interested in this !
Danny Heaver / Geelong

Jackie
Jackie

I have noticed all the positive reviews have not made a claim

Milly Liew
Milly Liew · Travel Care

I am interested to get the RACV Travel Care insurance when I go overseas. Please advise the insurance premium. I plan to go between 3 Oct to 1 Nov 2022 to Hong Kong. Thanks.

Schuf
Schuf

Ring the RACV to get a quote , it’s free.

Susanna B. · Travel Insurance

We paid for travel insurance in Nov 2019 for a trip to Austria. The trip was cancelled due to Covid and government travel ban. Are we entiteld for a refund and how to we apply for that? We are long time RACV customers and have multiple insurance policies.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Susanna B.

Thank you RACV Team. We just got information that we will receive a FULL REFUND.

See all RACV Travel Insurance questions

Compare all RACV Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
Maximum Age Covered 110 years old110 years old110 years old110 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedNot Covered$25,000$5,000
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000$15,000Not Included
Emergency DentalUnlimitedNot Included$2,000$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000Not Included$1,500Not Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000Not Included$3,500$1,500
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400$5,200$5,200Not Included
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000$15,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500$250$250Not Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500$500Not Included
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included$1,500 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000Not Included$1,500Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$1,500 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$1,500 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)$750 (Laptops, Cameras or Golf Clubs)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$7,500$2,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000$5,000$4,000Not Included
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included