Rancilio Silvia V5

• Milk Frothing
Tracy B.

Tracy B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Base Rusted out in 12 months

Purchased this machine, it made the best coffee but The base started To rust within 13 months, I had throw out after 3 years As the base was completely rusted out, I was so disappointed as the coffee was excellent

Purchased in June 2015 at New Caffe Italia for A$899.00.

Noise Level
Aussie Consumer

Aussie ConsumerPeel, WA

All good.

It took me a little while to get the grinds in the Rocky to a point where the machine was able to show me its strengths.
Despite the alleged commercial group head and handle, when preparing two espressos, I find they do not give consistent espresso volume into each cup which I “think” is common as my last machine did the same. Maybe it’s how I’m packing the handle but the machine does produce good coffee without a doubt. For a machine that can be serviced and maintained into the future, I think the investment has come up trumps.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$1,249.00.

Noise Level
GrinderRancilio Rocky Doser
Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect machine and terrific coffee at home

Purchased in September 2018 for A$1,330.00.

GrinderRancilio Rocky Grinder
Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Rancilio Silvia V5 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Andrew

AndrewEMU CREEK

Amazing

This is a sturdy device that works perfectly so far. if you don't invest in, or already have, a good coffee grinder, you might have to work with the local grocer or starbucks to get a grind that is perfect. it is solid quality construction, and it pulls a perfect shot every single time. the steamer is much faster than my last machine and doesn't loose power after the first pitcher of foam.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
hahudson

hahudson

Very good coffee

The machine is very good. It feels more like a industrial machine. Well made. You need to make sure you refill the boiler after steaming or frothing the milk. It’s tricky to get the temp correct for the coffee would be better if it came with PID if you can get the temp correct it makes fantastic coffee

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Worst rash from BL!

Worst rash from BL!Melbourne, Victoria

The best

I worked as a barista for over 10 years and I wanted to make my quality coffees at home as well, I tried several brands like breville etc. but this is the best coffee machine I ever owned, small and powerful, never had an issue with it and works almost like a commercial grade coffee machine. Love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Austin Darke

Austin DarkeLawitta

Get what you pay for

I refused to buy a machine with built in grinders, lights and sensors because I have learned over the years that there is no free lunch; i.e. you get what you pay for. The PID is an expensive addition, but its well worth it in my opinion. A proper espresso is all about temp & timing (also the proper grind) and the PID allows you to pinpoint the EXACT temp the machine is at within 1 degree. The PID also is programmable and it controls the extraction time in addition to a pre-infusion; which helps prevent channeling of the coffee grounds during the extraction process.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jo loves her kids

Jo loves her kidsAdelaide

Lovely little machine!

Purchased in June 2018.

Preserves

Preservesgeelong

My Pride And Joy

I love my Rancilio. It gave me an absolute thrill the "graduate" to this after years of putting up with a basic Sunbeam model. Construction quality is second to none and the results are truly professional look on Coffee snobs - you will see everyone has this machine. Its the king!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Tealy

Tealymelbourne

Fancy Coffee Anyone?

This is the favorite of many "bean snobs" site and I admit to being sucked in a bit by all those reviews.
This machine is not for the faint hearted. You have a lot to lean and a lot of control. I would say that you should have a clear idea of you ideal coffee to start with and experiment and keep making adjustments until you get there.
Build quality of the machine itself if very solid and should last years.
Just be prepared to put in the time to learn how get that coffee you are after

timax

timax

Not as good as i thought it should be.

We have had 3 Pavoni machines over the past 35 years or so and this Rancillio for about 1 year. I thought we might try a machine with a pump for a change instead of a lever. What a mistake!
Everyone in the family hates it . It sprays coffee all over the place , the steam valve leaks, cant steam and pull a shot at the same time , the wand needs draining before every shot and there is always so much water coming out.
Just a really poor machine. Expensive for what you get also.
*Editing to add That after reading what other are saying about the need to find the correct grind setting that this may reduce some of my issues.

dale.callaghan

dale.callaghanAU

A compact piece of garbage.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
J man

J man

Such Good Coffee

Rancilio Silvia, well secret of this machine is to match it with a good grinder, make sure you backflush it regularly and use fresh beans with it and the coffee is fantastic great crema and it really takes you back to truly manual coffee.

It is always worth the effort when you can pull a lovely espresso.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
JB Review

JB ReviewNsw, 2452

Solid coffee machine.

Pretty good value considering what you get. You need to factor in training with this beast otherwise you'll might as well stay with your blend 42. Though once you're up and running, then expect to get really w@anky with your coffee. Half the time the coffee I buy out isn't as good as my morning joe. I recommend! 5*

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Art V

Art VAdelaide

A steep learning curve but well worth it

Like all Rancilios, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with this machine. However, it pays off in the end with the reward being good quality espresso at home. I recommend reading the manual and spending some time on the coffee forums online to get some valuable tips.

Georgie555

Georgie555Western Australia

Wonderful but would recommend adjustment to be made with power point by electrician

I bought this machine about six months ago and it is great. Sturdy and reliable with great coffee. Received a free grinder which is great. I did purchase this directly from Italy but it arrived just as quick as express post so I can recommend the company. The machine comes with an adaptor plug for Australian power points but I got an electrician to change this over for me and there have been no problems. You probably don't need to but I would check re insurance if you don't.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Andrew M

Andrew M

Feeling like a real barista now

Have just acquired the latest Rancilio Silvia with a Rocky grinder. Aesthetically speaking, this is a beautiful looking combination. I have done extensive reading about how to perfect shots and how to warm the machine quickly and this was time well spent. I have invested in a proper tamper from Rancilio as a proper tamping is critical to making a good brew. Very happy with this product. My last machine, a Breville Barista Express died after 3 years; it lost all pressure and started producing awful shots. Hoping the Rancilio lasts much longer. It does demand more patience but making good coffee is a pleasure worth my time.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Alysha

AlyshaMelbourne

As a full time barista, this at home coffee machine makes the cut!

As a full time barista, I needed something to use at home that measured up to the kind of machines that I regularly work on (and that retail $30,000+!).

The Rancilio Silvia is perfect. Providing the functions I need to create perfect espresso, and a steam wand with enough power to texturise milk, I am so happy with this purchase.

I can recommend this product to baristas, but also to the average consumer who wants to take the next step with their at-home coffee set up. This machine gives you everything you need to make the best coffee possible at home.

My only limitation is that the catchment tray is quite small, and needs to be emptied quite regularly, otherwise, this set up is perfect!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Phil L

Phil LGippsland

Great coffees & value but recommend doing a course

Date PurchasedApr 2017