RateSetter Personal Loan
4.8 from 2,174 reviews

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (251) · Variable Rate (120) · Line of Credit (9) · Split (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term3.832 years (306)

Dave in ACT

Dave in ACTCanberra 2600, ACT

OK, but could use some process streamlining.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great result in the end. Very satisfied

A few communication problems the beginning from both sides but eventually we were able to come together. Once we ironed these out, the customer service and attention were very gratifying. This resulted in a prompt turnaround.

Michael C

Michael CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loan Top Up

Loan Top Up process was very easy to submit. Prompt acknowledgement and action once the loan was submitted. Approval received in 24 hours. Most appreciative. Competitive rate applied. Fees minimal. Highly recommend RateSetter for fast and efficient loan services.

Natalie Noonan

Natalie NoonanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy process fantastic

Customer service was exceptional not once did I have to chase anything all the communication was spot on and it was great. Kept up to date, easy process and fast transaction

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Really happy with the consistent connection to the process and speed of email responses!

Customer service has been consistent and speedy
The information provided was easy to understand and act on making the process quick and simple
We are very satisfied with the rate and option to pay more early

display my name

display my nameSydney, NSW

This was excellent, best decision I made

The process was simple, easy to understand, straight forward,
Efficient and right to the point. I would recommend RateSetter anytime
Customer service was professional and satisfactory. No hidden agendas
The rate is fair, i would have preferred a lower rate, but after research the rate is
acceptable

Disgraceful

Stay away. An absolute disgrace. If I could give a negative review I would. Never even took things into consideration. Could never recommend this company at all. Beware people beware.

Steph P.RateSetter

Great Rates - quick & easy loan process

From start to finish, the loan process was simple and very fast.
Friendly and efficient staff contacted me a couple of times to either inform me of progress or clarify information required.
Couldn't have been easier!

Review collected in partnership with RateSetter

Good people to deal with.

There are good people there, the rates are good, but I was a little surprised cause I missed out that there was an application cost for my loan. 4/5 stars

Great to deal with

Customer service first class received a call from a nice fella who knew his job. Costs were as expected and the rate is great for an unsecured loan. Very easy to deal with thank you RateSetterc

Joshua

JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and easy

Such a quick and process. Applied on a Tuesday and was ready to go Friday morning. Would recommend to anyone looking for a personal loan to check out the ratesetter website

Natalie

NatalieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and helpful

Easy service and easy to apply no lies and not hard to understand very satisfied with the rate it will help me financially better myself for this coming year thankyou

Rodger O.

Rodger O.Perth, WA

2nd loan really happy with process

Really great rates, staff extremely friendly and informative totally transparent throughout process. After shopping around found other lenders do visible credit check immediately when only asking for quotation. Ratesetter Highly recommend to anybody.

AdrianLaunceston, TAS

So easy it seems unbelievable but it's for real

All done on my phone, entered details followed prompts and got approved for 20k without having to speak to anyone..just awesome..I highly recommend them as I will be recommending them to family and friends

Joel

JoelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This was an application where service was outstanding.

Very quick approval. Simple and user friendly system. Would recommend to all my friends and associates. They surely must be the benchmark in the industry for service levels and attention.

Wazzch65

Wazzch65Sydney, NSW

Simple easy to use service

Great access to loan information on web site, and continual updates on rates and loan outstanding balance, i would be happy to use RateSetter again, and would recommend them if asked.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019

Awesome

Response was a little so, however the service was exceptional . Very happy with the rate I recieved with this loan. No hidden cost. A very simple and easy process. Thank you!!

Locki

LockiPerth, WA

Great super-fast service along with competitive interest rates

We needed some extra money whilst building our new home and within 2 business days we had the extra money we needed to finish our home off.
Our existing ratesetter loan was topped up and we received a competitive interest rate

JordanJ

JordanJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fast and Efficient

Great service, with extremely fast turn around from applying to getting approved. The agent I spoke to on the phone was also friendly, helpful and quick.

daniel

danielPerth, WA

great customer service

very easy application process with friendly, helpful customer service along the way. will definitely recommend ratesetter to friends and family as a company to get in touch with if they need finance

Loan Start DateDecember 2019

Damien C.

Damien C.asked

Have been approved for a loan and just wondering can I make fortnightly payments

Alexandra S.RateSetter

Hi Damien, at RateSetter we are currently only set up to collect loan repayments on a monthly basis.
If your current direct debit date is not convenient, we can change it to a more suitable time, we can also change the account from which the repayments are debited.
We don't have any early repayment fees or penalties, so you can increase your scheduled monthly repayment, make an extra payment, or pay off the loan in full at any time without incurring any additional charges. You can manage this online by logging into your account.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at contact@ratesetter.com.au
Thanks,
Alex

Lilly A.

Lilly A.asked

Hello, Is your phone line open on Monday? (public Holiday) I wanted to call you Guys to ask a few questions before I apply. Iv completed my Rate Estimate, I havnt been able to call because of work but Im interested! Thanks

Joanna M.

Joanna M.asked

Why do you need my Id and then my net bank login and password? Can't you just use bank statements and a credit check?

Adrian

It's a secure system that is used alot these days they don't see or keep your login details it is a direct connection to your bank giving permission to send statements to the creditor that is all..I was a bit suspicious too but it is only you communicating directly to your bank..a portal between your and bank opens that is all..

Alexandra S.RateSetter

Hi Joanna, RateSetter is required to verify the identity of all applicants by law, including under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. We also require bank statements in order to assess your application.
One of the methods we use is - BankStatements.com.au, which is a trusted financial data platform.
BankStatements.com.au takes your data security seriously: your online banking credentials are never stored, and your data is encrypted with bank level 256-bit encryption.
If you are not comfortable using this retrieval method you can also upload or email through your PDF bank statements. Please get in touch at contact@ratesetter.com.au if you need anything further.

Get an answer from our members and RateSetter representatives