Red Energy

1.9

• Rates and Fees

Mark C.

Mark C.

No better than their associated company Lumo

Bub

BubGippsland, VIC

Awful!

My bills are always different even though I use hardly any power or gas also know someone who has gone around a smart meter to experiment the charges yet they got different priced bills ranging from $69-$150!
Also I was away for 3 months everything switched off and got charged $134! No idea how they charge this much for energy and gas they are the WORST company I've ever been with! Do not recommend!

Mike

MikeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Customer service is terrible

Trying to get a Seniors Energy rebate and change my email address. It has taken 5 days and still not completed. Have been with them for 4 years. Time for a change

Tom.o

Tom.oHunter Region, NSW

Rude service

Rang up today purely for a comparison quote to see if it was worth changing from origin. Was the worst most arrogant customer service from an Indian bloke. Would not recommend based purely off that.

Terrible!

Signed up and was paying an average $200 a quarter for electricity. Got my recent bill and it was over $1,000.00 significant spike considering my hair salon was closed for 3 weeks during COVID. They explained they “guesstimate” the power you use until they come out to read the meters. The catch is. The salon I rent was sub divided into 3 shops with their own seperate meters. They have read all 3 meters (instead of just mine) and billed me for all 3 shops, effectively I now have a bill for all 3 shops and won’t do a thing about it.
I have taken this to the electricity ombudsman.

Nick C

Nick C

Excuses and incompetence

Have had nothing but trouble since switching to Red Energy. Everything from getting usage data to troubleshooting issues with their smart metre has been like pulling teeth. They finally admitted a fault with the meter they installed after 6 months of hot water not working like it should. Still waiting for the fix. A year and a half of giving them benefit of the doubt is generous. If the issues are not resolved by next week, I'll have no choice.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
M.ward

M.wardSydney, NSW

Incompetent !

Alex S.

Alex S.

Failed to credit solar generation then lied that I wasn't connected to the national network

Latest bill turned up after re-installing solar panels after fixing roof. They had failed to credit any solar tariff. Made up a pile of rubbish excuses. Switched to AGL, they confirmed we are connected to the national network and feeding in power.
After two very long calls to Red, I give up. They can keep the half a megawatt I put in to the grid, hope they choke on it.
Never again.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
Bye Red

Bye RedSydney, NSW

Better deal available!

My advise for Red Energy customers is to shop around and find a better deal, Red will offer you a secret deal to keep you business - I’m leaving anyway although it’s a Win-Win

Brendan

BrendanHunter Region, NSW

Lied constantly while on the phone. Never once got a straight answer, only argument. Called me a liar. Uselss

Power was fine. Customer service was terrible. Refused to be useful. Glad that I no longer have to deal with the arrogance in the call center. Avoid at all costs.

Don’t choose them

Terrible customer service and were very unhelpful and uncooperative. We had a to pay a bill that wasn’t even ours and when we calmly explained the situation, we were threatened. It was a very disappointing situation that could have been handled so differently. I do not recommend at all.

Virgoart09

Virgoart09Sydney, NSW

Converted from Foreign Company to Australian Owned Electricity

Dear Readers and fellow Australians
Having seen most recent Ads on Red Energy I simply did a little research on this Australian Owned Company and made the transition from a Foreign owned company to Australian based power source . At this early stage everything went quite smooth talking to two Red Energy staff with great politeness and efficiency. They even have a Frequent Flyer Program which I am already a member and was delighted to hear that I will receive points in the future. I recommend this company as they are Australian Owned and operated and I look forward to receiving my electricity from this company.
Cheers
john from Sydney

Woody

WoodyNorthern Region, NSW

Ridiculous rip off

Don’t know how they work out there billS but for 3 months bill was $1600 very over priced to me glad to be back with origin Would never go with red energy would not recommend to anyone

Tracey W.

Tracey W.Northern Region, NSW

Total rip off & disappointing

We transferred our electricity bill over from AGL, as we were approached by the foreign back backer, who was a door to door salesman. The savings that we told we should have received (being $200 per quarter), which would have been a great savings. It turned out it ended up costing us extra, come time for 1 year anniversary, they increased their prices and it has now cost us an additional $200 per quarter. Tried haggling price down and they wouldn't budge... Would not recommend even tho it is Australian, which is disappointing. This is not a fake review either....Have since TFRD back to AGL, as we are also now looking at installing solar....All 3 quotes did not recommend red energy for solar.

Pffft

PffftAU

Way to take advantage of customers during COVID-19

These guys simply do not have any sort of conscience during the pandemic. We've been charged dishonor fees and missed discounts because they haven't done anything they've offered to do.
Quite happily changing retailers after over a decade. Never again.

Miller

MillerNorthern Region, NSW

Charging over due at this time

Red energy have the hide to charge over due even though we have paid more than half the bill I think it’s a little rude, at this time of the year and the way things are.
Yet they say they are Australian owned I don’t think they are very Australian.

Terrible

Received a gas bill that was 5 times my regular usage. Spent over a year trying to clear the issue with customer service and still going. Terrible customer service. So stressed and appalled that i can't begin to explain the other issues I have had with this company.

ServicesGas
Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never a problem in 7 years

I signed up with Lumo Energy and when they switched to Red Energy for QLD they kept my original plan and feed in rates. They changed their feed in rates and day supply charge but mine never changed. they said if i make changes to me account then it would change to the new rates but if i don't change it I will be on the same rates and plans. The QLD electricity rate changed but the supply charge and feed in rate never did. Never had a problem with customer service and unless i am just lucky i have always spoke to an Aussie.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Signed up online. Received a call at 8am the next day but no one on the other side. Received a text stating that I should call before 1 pm. Called twice got hung up on after spending 40 min each. Then called again spoke to Jessica, she seemed to know what I was doing. She transferred me to a staff member who ran a credit check and confirmed everything. Later that evening had another lady call me stating that the first person didn't do it right. She told me that "IF I wanted I needed to answer the questions". This comment and lack of empathy impacts vulnerable customers. I find this discriminatory and extremely careless especially when the fault wasn't mine but theirs. Generally extremely poor customer service.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Sign my work place up in to my name