Red Energy

Red Energy

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Rates and Fees

Gus

GusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible company

Red energy is a complete joke I'm a single father and had my payments cut now they won't put the account back a payment plan and expect me to pay $208.42 on the next day i get the letter

ServicesElectricity

I've had so many dramas with billing, connecting and customer service. Strongly advise against this company.

The 'scheduled' visit wasnt schedueled for initialset up when moving into a new property.
When I called thery were rude customer service.
It took two months to scheduel an inverter appointment

ServicesElectricity

My elderly mother rang the call centre to notify of power outage and need for repair due to essential medical equipment requirement by my elderly father and two other people in the house. Told that nothing could be done by RED ENERGY. When checked by electrician next morning found to be related to power pole. 16 hours since loss of power still waiting for repair to be completed by your company.

Stephen Harbour

Stephen HarbourGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

8 years of Red Energy

I have been a Red Energy customer for the last 8 years. On the first occasion I had to ring their call centre, I was not only pleasantly surprised to discover that the call centre was based in the Melbourne suburb of Richmond, but also the speed at which my call was answered, the ease of understanding the operator and the efficiency with which my query was answered. On the rare occasion I have had to ring them since, I have been pleased to find their high standard of service has been maintained.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

John W

John WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Long Happy Relationship

I must say I am surprised by the negative reviews here. While I have an all elctrich hose and have been with Red for some years now I would have to say I could not be happier. Whenever I think I can get a better deal elsewhere I check with Red and usually get a further discount or cheaper rate. I am supporting an entirely Australian owned company and I speak on the phone to Australians in Australia.

Seeing Red

Seeing RedSydney, NSW

Seeing Red NEVER Again!

Buyer beware of gas bills!
No accurate reading of meter for 16 months received a 'make up' bill for $750. Customer service agent was very rude and would not escalate my complaint to her direct supervisor. No return of call in the time advised and had to go through to EWON (Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW). Bill now paid (NOT $750) and moved to AGL - I would NEVER recommend Red Energy, Australian company but not demonstrating the Australian way......

ServicesGas

Ely

ElyMelbourne

Poor experience

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Never return my calls

I tried two weeks ago to switch to red energy, but they asked me for $230. For a smart metre which is a free service...I made complaints about that,but the manager twice failed to contact me ,after saying he would.now I'm still waiting.

Jayden M.

Jayden M.Sydney, NSW

Horrid people

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Rude customer service agents

I was contacted by one of the Red Energy customer service agents after I contacted another supplier to move my electricity from Red. This customer service agent berated me for moving, gave me the third degree saying I hadn't given Red Energy a fair go and pretty much ended the call with Goodluck, have a nice life. This is the type of service that gives Energy companies a bad name...it is not difficult to be nice. As customers we have a choice to move and Red Energy should get used to losing customers especially when the customer experience is less than desirable.

Jordan O.

Jordan O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Misleading and difficult to deal with

I tried to get financial hardship but they'd already decided that we (my wife and I) weren't able to make the payments, in speaking to the payment department I was told that I would be able to make a payment arrangement by someone, then the next person I spoke to said that we couldn't and that we were due to be disconnected within a week.

Boyke

BoykeSydney, NSW

Rate hike

Recently signed up to Red for thier Qantas points offer, 2 months later I recieved a letter advising of their new rip off tariff plans, that was implemented just after I signed up.
They promised to call back to discuss, but they never did until after I switched providers

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

s_b

s_bSydney, NSW

Rude, liars!

PAT

PATMid North Coast, NSW

RIP OFF! How Un-Australian

What a greedy grab for my business. A very clever & sneaky sales pitch offering a great sign up offer to get my business!! but wait!!!
Shortly after receiving my second bill I received 1 days notification of new rate changes to my account. Red Energy very cleverly discounted one section of my increase but disguised other increases in their favour. I've Emailed R.E on 4 occasions & they still have not replied. I intend to notify the Telco Ombudsman of this deceitful business tactic.
I will be changing to a much more reputably provider ASAP.

Over charging

I never paid above the 70$ but when I switch to red energy the send me above 150$ and increase to 300$ .I recommen don't believe the give you cheaper .

millo

millo

Take Red as a Warning.

Several months ago I signed up with Red Energy as they offered a better rate than my current provider ,last week my current provider offered me a far better deal so I contacted Red Energy to cancel as it was within the cooling off period,I was transfered to a person called Deon,after I told him I wanted to cancel he became extremely rude and belligerent and hung up.After calling back and explaining what had happened the young lady cancelled the contract.

HanaSydney, NSW

A short notice for increasing rates

10 days notice for increasing rates for both Gas and Electricity. The rate is much higher than before. It is too annoying. I would like to transfer to another energy provider but it takes a quarter to finish the transfer. It means I have to stick to them for a whole quarter. I just wonder whether a short notice is lawful.

Mark G

Mark GLeeton

The unAustralian Company

Shelley C

Shelley CMid North Coast, NSW

Ignorant

I signed up but decided to stay with my old provider so rang to cancel ( during the cooling off period) & the person I spoke with was rude & argumentative. I firmly told him to cancel my account with them & hung up. I emailed a complaint & heard nothing back. My old provider assured me they could cancel & set up my account with them again..... Clearly there was a mix up because I have just received a reminder notice, my bill is overdue !
Bullies, stay away from this company!!

The Truth