• Rates and Fees

Never sign with these people. Awful evil disgusting and disrespectful 0 stars!

How dare you send a discount notice adressed to a decesed son to his mother. Who is not in your personal mailing system. do you unprofessional unethical group go through child death records to scam people 29 years later . Is this a sick disrespectful joke. Called to address this matter and got put on hold. Unbelievably heartless.

Thomas T.

Thomas T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful company and experience. Stay away.

We had gas and electricity with them. Basically the entire experience with them over the past few years has been horrible. Their customer service is attrocious, they have sneaky billing practices and will always try and rip you off. To top it off, their prices are terrible. Very unhappy with this awful company.

Chris Andriawan

Chris AndriawanSydney, NSW

No Solution on Terminating the Service

Never again

Never againSydney, NSW

The worst customer service I have experienced in all of my life!

Absolutely terrible customer service! Especially someone by the name of Dan within customer service. I am shocked at how unprofessional, rude and just unwilling to help and understand.
-0 stars! I will only give bad reviews for Red Energy from now on after my short experience.

Crystal Sloan

Crystal SloanSydney, NSW

Prices are not affordable as advertised

Amanda

AmandaSydney, NSW

Good power service, bad disconnection representative

Terrible Provider

Do not go with this provider. They are very unprofessional and have terrible service. Would not recommend to anyone. There are many providers out there so please do your research before settling.

Great Aussie Service

I have used Red a number of times over the last 15 years. Their customer service is always great. I also appreciate that they employ Australian customer service agents rather than outsourcing overseas. Employing Australians is important for our economy and I appreciate Reds efforts in this area. I wish other utilities (Telstra) would do the same.

Price gouging - Rip Off

Just installed Solar.
Peak rate was 27.4c/kwh - after solar, Peak Rate from 2pm to 8pm will increase to 53.5c/kwh.
Really like looking after their customers ... NOT!
I will not be a good advocate for Red Energy - I will be definitely looking for alternative options.

T. Walker

T. WalkerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great in all areas - price, discount, and service

Electricity only for three to four years. They came knocking on my door and as I was looking for a change of supplier was happy I opened my door to them. Polite and knowledgeable salesman at the door who had me speaking to an equally experienced and polite supervisor at their call centre who double checked I understood the service they would be providing. I love the discount they provide if I pay on time as well as the much more reasonable bills I pay compared to my previous exorbitant supplier. I've never had an issue with this company. Their call centre operators are polite and experienced.

willsyd

willsydAU

Was good many years ago

Had Gas/Elec usually attracted a discount, when I moved the discount disappeared.
I moved about 3 times and every time I said to myself I must go with another company. They would stuff up the move processes every time. The auto debit, setup a new account number and screw up details. Would take ages to sort out every move.

Tu N.Red Energy

Long time client Moving on ...

Okay but no longer the best . I am disappointed in Red Energy .I have been with them for many years and they were always friendly and negotiable .Now the girl just reads the script . My per Kw electricity charge has become ,in recent years , much higher than Red Energies without solar Kw electricity charge . I am on the 66c solar rebate . I was told by my electrician it should be the same . In the process of changing as I was unable to speak to anyone who could discuss this and no replies to queries . Sad to be moving on as they used to be the best! with excellent client service .

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Suzi W

Suzi WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Constant threat to cut off my electricity supply

Chris Quinn

Chris QuinnSydney, NSW

What they suggest you will pay is in no way what you will pay... just very very fishy!

Both gas and electric
The charges for Gas where insane high and had no merit.
Give it all the points to get you to sign up the you realise it’s not cheaper and way more expensive

Tu N.Red Energy

Don't be scammed by red energy! Rip off!!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Robyn M.

Robyn M.Sydney, NSW

Tariff change

Red energy increased tariff from 25c to 47 c after we installed solar. Our bill is now more than before solar by 200 per quarter. They then sent a letter charging 3 months retrospective. Don’t use this company

Rocky

RockySouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly good

I have the use of electricity and I must admit, I was disappointed at first. This is because it took them quite a long time to transfer my account into their books. My request of transfer was due to the fact that I checked all service providers and I found RedEnergy to be one of the cheapest. and plus you get the bonus of earning FF points. That was approximately three years ago and I am still with Red! To-date, I still continue to check other offers. However, I still find Red cheap especially with their $0.16 rebate on solar. They were also quick to apply the Queensland Government Electricity Relief Assistance. A very happy and satisfied customer!

rhys.howell

rhys.howellHunter Region, NSW

Australian "owned & operated"

Love how its keeping funds and jobs downunder!

Would love to see a phone app! have to log on via website to check on things.

Any calls I have made have been answered efficiently, no wait times with well english speaking employees and knowledge.

Would I say it is cheaper - No, however I do strongly believe that you get what you pay for.

Andrew vanderhelm

Andrew vanderhelmHunter Region, NSW

Lying Australia Do you not trust

Had a Young Lady from Red energy
Come to my house offer me 25% pay on time discount
Signed a written contract Stating 25%Discount .
When the first bill came no discount When I rang red energy and email them a copy of the Contract Whey would not Honour it Saying They don’t offer Any discount .Instead they said they’ll give me $50 off for my Troubles.
Next bill came NO $50 off .
Do you not use a red energy

Exasperated

ExasperatedMid North Coast, NSW

Never Call back

Red energy disconnected off peak from my hot water. They are not doing anything about it because they are charging full common tariff rates for my HWS. They never call me and I have to keep chasing them to find out what is happening.
There call centre keeps directing you to Essential who arent allowed touch the problem