• Rates and Fees

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waiting Waiting

Phoned them today about a online portal not working, 45 minutes waiting, not good.
I used to work in a electricity call centre as a supervisor in Melbourne we never had people on hold for longer than 5 minutes.

Musashi
Musashi

Subcontract smart metering to a NZ company

Had a smart meter upgrade booked in with red energy which had sub contracted to a NZ based company vector meter (https://vectormetering.com/au/). Took a day off work to be there for install and the company turns up on a day with a ausgrid planned outage, couldn’t do the install and couldn’t tell me the next install date. Can’t believe a electricity company doesn’t even check a basic planned power outage for the day the job is booked????? Bunch of NZ clowns! I’m now refusing to pay my next bill. Red energy have no clue on the status of the job as vector metering haven’t updated them. Clowns!

Violleta G.
Violleta G.

Make it very difficult to disconnect need to call them

while most other providers let you cancel on line, this supplier expects you to call in and be placed on hold for a long time. just to order a disconnection.

Find out how Red Energy compares to other Energy Providers

This company uses pathetic intimidation tactics to get customers to sign up with them

Human
Human
mark
markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad service

Tried to set up drict depet for my mum. But there phone service was not working. Keep cutting out rang them so many times.they could not help me.then rang the manager. Said I need to speak to your mum.l said can you ring her I'm here soon and pay for her bills .he said I can't do that.so I joined origin energy. There services was the best he rang my mum and now l can do direct debit. Bad service red enemy. Fix up your customer service.

Jarrad F.Red Energy

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

0/5! Extremely frustrating!

ServicesElectricity
Daryl S.Red Energy

Glad I read these reviews

I am soooooo glad I read all these reviews as I was going to change to RED Energy, not now though. Thank you to all the people who have left reviews, you have saved me all this enormous hassle with them. I will go with Origin.

Fann

It's the customer service that I am after, not the cheapest energy. And it seems that you do not have much of that.

Tammy
Tammy South-Eastern Region, NSW

If I could give it zero I would

billGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

red energy rep

just had a rep from red energy at my door ,he kept asking for my last bill from the company im with i said no sorry I'm happy with what i have he kept going on about my last bill and would not take no for an answer so i told him to f.... off my property and don't come back , i was polite up until then but he would not take no for an answer, I'm just glad i was home as my wife would have had to put up with him , if i want to change company's I will but dont try and force the issue

ServicesElectricity
bill

i have noticed it has happened to others and has for a long time so i think as your social media and review team have not fixed the problem by now ,then we know where the problem lies , back to social skills for reps for starters

Tah
TahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible salespeople

Salesman wouldn’t let me leave without signing up, even after telling him multiple times I wasn’t interested and had a class to attend. Was 15 minutes late to my class. I don’t want to be with a company that doesn’t listen from the get go.

Dinesh G.
Dinesh G.New South Wales

Simple billing and realiable

I was comparing on energymadeeasy and thought of shifting from my RedEnergy to another provider. But apparently RedEnergy has been better though it appears far below. Due to some reason www.energymadeeasy.gov.au is showing some providers with various discounts, but when looked into their own websites, cannot find those rates or offers. RedEnergy has flat rates which is easier to understand and provides a good service. Daily rate is also not bad.

So when comparing on those thirparty sites, dont 100% rely on them. Do your calculations and select the best.

Rachel W.
Rachel W.Hunter Region, NSW

Swindled by the Door Knocker. Don't trust what they say.

Door knocker lied to me about the rates, was much more expensive per kWh + higher service charge per day - I didn't know this as I had not yet got my first bill for AGL. I was also sold by the idea of buying Australian Owned, and felt I could trust the salesman. My fault for not checking, but when someone tells you something you would think they were telling the truth.

TeeJay
TeeJay

Worst supplier

I changed to Red Energy 12 months ago from Origin. My bills each quarter were $500 more than they were with origin. I called up to ask them why and was just spun a whole bunch of crap I didn't understand about kilowatts and whatever. My last bull was $1350 and I'd had enough so I went back to origin. I have just received my first bill with origin and it is only $800. Nothing had changed in regards to usage in my house if anything it should be more as we just had a dishwasher installed.

It definitely pays to shop around.

KaraHunter Region, NSW

Have been ripped off

I have been with RED ENERGY for a few years now so I decided to do a comparison as my bills were very high. Turns out I have been ripped off for a few years now, unfortunately I still have to sit with them for another quarter until the next billing cycle so basically just flushing my money down the toilet for their next bill. So many other options that are more affordable - don't use these guys!

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity and Gas
Nlawa

Don't use their Moving House service on their website if you are an existing customer

MYOB NSWasked

Does Red Energy do just quarterly (3 monthly) electricity bills?

Monthly bills, I find to be confusing with all the "estimates" for the previous month's use. I then find myself having to back track through the previous 2 months bills (when you finally get a proper meter reading bill at the end of 3 months) , to see if the calculations are correct.

I would much more prefer to only get an electricity bill every 3 months, once the meter has been read . I'm "old school" and we only used to get a bill every quarter, after the meter had been physically sighted by a meter reader.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for contacting Red Energy! I hope you are well.

We do offer Quarterly billing. However if you are currently on monthly billing, then you will need to contact us to on the details below to change it to quarterly billing.

Please have him contact us on 131 806. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:30pm Monday - Friday and 9:00am - 5:30pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT). (International callers +61 3 9425 0400).

I hope this information is helpful.

Richie

MYOB NSW

Good to hear and thanks' for the info Richie.D !

tsitso j.
tsitso j.asked

Hi I am currently with red energy and I want to change the name on the bill to my brother's name, will I be able to change it over the phone without disconnecting the energy as well live together at the same house

Hi Tsitso J,

Thank you for contacting Red Energy! I hope you are well.

In this case a new account will need to be set up for your brother. Supply to the property will not be affected as power will not be disconnected , we simply need to gain a meter reading. This will finalise the account under your name and allow us to start the new one in your brothers name.

I hope this information is helpful.

Laura

USED
USEDasked

Is it true Red Energy's 3 top investors are not Australian, does this mean Red Energy is not majority Australian owned?

Manolito
Manolito

Austrian owned or not...Don"t even think of dealing with them. They are just bloody hopeless.

Ben
Ben

I am not sure about the investors. But I am sure they are worst in my experience. Another Shylock. Dont ever deal with them. After so many researchs, I am using Energy Locals now. They give wholesale price.

Hi Used,

Thank you for your question. Red is 100% Australian owned and operated. We are proudly owned by the mighty Snowy Hydro. Snowy Hydro is 100% owned by the Federal Government.
In 2018 the New South Wales and Victorian Governments sold their shares in Snowy Hydro to give the Federal Government 100% ownership. You can read more about us here - https://www.redenergy.com.au/about-us/#all-australian

If you have any further queries, please reply to my message and either I or another member of our team will be in touch. Alternatively, you can call our local contact centre on 131806; email: info@redenergy.com.au

Enrique