Red Energy

Red Energy

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

William

WilliamMurray Mallee, SA

Disgrace

Several months ago I informed RedEnergy that I would be vacating the premises at the end of August,I was informed that the power would be cut off several days later as it was only cut off on a weekday.I also asked for my bill to be sent to my email address as I was going overseas,this did eventuate but when I tried to pay would not recognise the customer numberand I arrived back to a final demand notice and imminent debt collection.I find this very insulting,and would not recommend this company to anyone,I find them very second rate and unprofessional

Damian G.

Damian G.Sydney, NSW

Australian company that are doing the best they can at the moment

I was able to resolve issues today, I think the blame is more at the network provider and not Red energy. I have happily given them another go. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Winnie

WinnieSydney, NSW

Bad experience with no initiative to understand nor compensate

Disappointed

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not recommend!

Not happy

Not happySydney, NSW

Miss communication

I have had the worst experience with red energy today I was treated like they didn't care if remained a customer they told me something different every phone call and they call this miss communication they even took my discount away because it was a new building I moved into i couldn't get it connected straight away through no fault of my own all I wanted was to change address I'm now looking for a new provider I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND RED ENERGY TO ANYONE

Disappointed Customer

Disappointed CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Deceptive and Misleading and Prey on young parents

terrible

don't bother with these clowns, waste of time. There isn't much else to tell you, but I need to fill up 30 words. Just a silly company really and I wouldn't bother with them

Biggest Rip Off our of all the Electricity Providers

Lots of people on my suburb for apartments complained about Red Energy. They were charging crazy bills once you sign up and nothing made sense. To not giving you bills on time so you can’t get the on time discount to combining their quarter so you pay double the amount and so you can’t track your bills and also fall out of the on time payment.

Do not go with them as they will try make you pay and give you a shocking bill literally. I’ve been warned before because they seemed cheap but their calculations are very shifty and made to charge you the maximum amount.

They have been in trouble with the ombudsman many times so avoid them at all cost.

ServicesGas

Glad to see the back of them!

noodles36

noodles36Victoria, 3183

Rip Off Artists

I moved house 3 doors away and they put my gas rates up from 2.11c to 2.376c and I was under the impression that moving house especially 3 doors away on the same wholesale network that my prices would remain the same. I spoke to a customer service rep who told me there was nothing he would do on my current bill. Thank god I am now with Powershop who gave me $100 credit for switching and are charging me 1.80c. Don't bother with Red Energy they are rip off artists.

Realty Guru

Realty GuruSouth East Queensland, QLD

Confusing Accounts

They started off great but their accounts are confusing and just don't make sense. I'm happy with the rates but the service is frustrating and I don't have time to keep chasing them.

mrand4420

mrand4420South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute SH**!

Service and rates are absolutely terrible! The customer service people have no idea what they're doing and stuff you around to no end. And not to mention the rates! My electricity bill keeps going up with each quarter to no end. It's ridiculous because this quarter my partner and I weren't at home for a month, and yet apparently we used more electricity and got a higher bill! It's just me and my partner, and our bill is $550!

Beth

BethSydney

Regret signing up - the word useless doesn't describe how bad this company is.

You need to read all of your bills with a fine tooth comb, since sign up they have been wrong, then you get some idiot on the phone who plays dumb & only pretends to help. A manager will not take calls, they only call you, no times set up, so when you have problem with another stuff up they have made you then have to wait until it's convenient for them to call you back. When you move you would assume that your direct debit would be still active OH NO you find out the hard way when they harass you via phone and snail mail to get money out of you. This company is SO bad they let a 3rd party dodgy company take my account and put it in someone elses name without my knowledge! I am disgusted how this company has not been shut down yet.

Julie

JulieSydney, NSW

Frustrating to deal with - look at their response to my Google review

I was with Red Energy for 2.5 years and my main reason for moving to another service provider when I moved was the incompetent customer service\admin team. Here in NSW there is plenty of competition in the electricity services area with many providers offering competitive rates. It wasn't hard to find another provider with the same or better rates as well as a more professional service overall.
I left a review on Google and look at the lame response they left requesting me to write yet ANOTHER email. They already have a recent one from me they haven't responded to. I predict this company won't stay in business for more than a few more years, if that.

C.j C.

C.j C.Sydney, NSW

Great company

Great electricity deals pay on time discount and reasonable prices good Australian owned company with an Australian call centre which is very unusual these days never had a blackout staff always happy to help when required

Jamie

JamieSouthwest, VIC

Australian call centre

I found Red Energy to be pretty much priced similarly to most energy companys. There all dodgey in some way. That being said Red Energy have been a great help through its call centre

YIFAN

YIFANSydney, NSW

Scammers

I canceled the contact during the 10 day cooling off period over the phone. The operator promised that everything was taken care of and refused to send email to me despite my explicit request. And it turned out they did NOT cancel it! I received payment reminder message 10 days later. I called them again. The new operator claimed there was no record of my first cancellation. He cancelled it for me again but still refused to send me an email despite my explicit request. Only a reference number was given on the phone to me, which is 5270065.

No service or communication

I intended to connect electricity and gas with Red.
Red eventually replied telling me I wasn’t creditworthy, which is plainly untrue.

Despite multiple requests to explain that incorrect conclusion, Red hasn’t replied to provide any details. In fact Red doesn’t reply.

I’ve dodged a bullet. My advice is Avoid this company, if that’s their treatment of a potential new customer, can only wonder what would happen if there was a problem while a customer ?

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Door to door sales rep.

Had a cold call door knock from a Red Energy representative. I didn't let the person finish the opening speel, and asked for the documents with the pricing and terms and conditions.

Treated me with contempt, called me an a-hole, and refused to provide the information requested. If this is the sales representatives, it tells me they focus on trying to provide a scam service.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Julies

JuliesRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent Service

I have been with them for some time now and very happy with the discounts offered when paid on time. Customer service is excellent and best of all I really like the fact that they are Australian owned.