Red Energy

Red Energy

• Rates and Fees

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Signed up online. Received a call at 8am the next day but no one on the other side. Received a text stating that I should call before 1 pm. Called twice got hung up on after spending 40 min each. Then called again spoke to Jessica, she seemed to know what I was doing. She transferred me to a staff member who ran a credit check and confirmed everything. Later that evening had another lady call me stating that the first person didn't do it right. She told me that "IF I wanted I needed to answer the questions". This comment and lack of empathy impacts vulnerable customers. I find this discriminatory and extremely careless especially when the fault wasn't mine but theirs. Generally extremely poor customer service.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Sign my work place up in to my name

Prasad

PrasadSydney, NSW

Red energy-worest service provider

I requested for closing of the account. But they dont take final reading saying we dont have access, but the fact is that same people taking meter reading from last 3 times without any issues. But when you close the account they will say we dont have access. Customer service people are terrible saying samething again and again, mskes people ftustrated. They will make your BP rise. Better never think about Red energy , they dont deserve signgle star also. Pathetic service.

greg m.

greg m.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Theives

Never have i had bills so high
You ring and try and get extension to pay and you cant even understand the people talking to you ..
You can shove your red energy where the sun dont shine

Jonelle

JonelleSydney, NSW

Doubled my bill for absolutely no reason.

Nathan

Nathan

Easy company to deal with. over a year with them and happy

Got a welcome gift voucher which was good. Excellent customer help over the phone. Good online portal. Have payment plans so you wont be hit with big bills. you can pay each month. Have not had any issues with them after 18 months , So have to give them 5 stars.

Stef H

Stef HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible

A horrific problem trying to organise a final electricity meter read at my old address and transfer account and meter reading at my new address. Red Energy is a nightmare, their rates are going up but they insist my bill will only be 2 or 3 dollars more. A pity when people try to support australian business to have a nightmare experience.

Trace

Trace

Verbally abused by staff

After deciding to change over to a local electricity company (Enova): I received a phone call from Red Energy questioning why we left them. The caller was verbally abusive, & after explaining to him numerous times, that we'd swapped Providers to a local, more sustainable company; he continued to be patronising & insulting. I ended up hanging up on him. Needless to say, we'll never go back to Red Energy. If they're trying to keep their previous customers, that's definitely NOT the way to do it! Absolutely disgusted with them...& I'm encouraging everyone to leave them, & go to Enova Community Energy. Shame on you, Red!!!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Never deal with this people avoid them

I did have miss bills, due the fact they never send it first point, second the stimated reading was as twice high as the reading provided by phone and almost 3 times higher that my previus bill, for a flat with 2 people, back themselfs that it was the reading and prices went up, horrible service on top of that

Wisely

WiselySydney, NSW

Gas Bill was raising unnecessarily!

My gas bill moved from around $46 in Jan/Feb to $190 by Aug last year and that was simply unbelievable. I am single person living in a small 2 bedroom apartment and nothing had changed in my apartment. Very poor service from Red Energy, as they refused to bring my bill down and they kept trying to convince me that my gas usage has increased 4 times more in that period, which was totally not true. I lost my trust in Red Energy and have moved to a new provider since August last year and am totally happy with my new vendor where my bill has significantly dropped and is back to its normal rate. Keep an eye on your bills and move providers if you feel you are being over-charged, as you'll save a LOT!

bbgirldd

bbgirlddSydney, NSW

Great customer service!

Had a really refreshing experience on the phone. It's great to speak to an Australian who understands and was able to help me quickly and efficiently. Would highly recommend. Great prices too.

Gus

GusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible company

Red energy is a complete joke I'm a single father and had my payments cut now they won't put the account back a payment plan and expect me to pay $208.42 on the next day i get the letter

ServicesElectricity

I've had so many dramas with billing, connecting and customer service. Strongly advise against this company.

The 'scheduled' visit wasnt schedueled for initialset up when moving into a new property.
When I called thery were rude customer service.
It took two months to scheduel an inverter appointment

ServicesElectricity

My elderly mother rang the call centre to notify of power outage and need for repair due to essential medical equipment requirement by my elderly father and two other people in the house. Told that nothing could be done by RED ENERGY. When checked by electrician next morning found to be related to power pole. 16 hours since loss of power still waiting for repair to be completed by your company.

Stephen Harbour

Stephen HarbourGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

8 years of Red Energy

I have been a Red Energy customer for the last 8 years. On the first occasion I had to ring their call centre, I was not only pleasantly surprised to discover that the call centre was based in the Melbourne suburb of Richmond, but also the speed at which my call was answered, the ease of understanding the operator and the efficiency with which my query was answered. On the rare occasion I have had to ring them since, I have been pleased to find their high standard of service has been maintained.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

John W

John WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Long Happy Relationship

I must say I am surprised by the negative reviews here. While I have an all elctrich hose and have been with Red for some years now I would have to say I could not be happier. Whenever I think I can get a better deal elsewhere I check with Red and usually get a further discount or cheaper rate. I am supporting an entirely Australian owned company and I speak on the phone to Australians in Australia.

Seeing Red

Seeing RedSydney, NSW

Seeing Red NEVER Again!

Buyer beware of gas bills!
No accurate reading of meter for 16 months received a 'make up' bill for $750. Customer service agent was very rude and would not escalate my complaint to her direct supervisor. No return of call in the time advised and had to go through to EWON (Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW). Bill now paid (NOT $750) and moved to AGL - I would NEVER recommend Red Energy, Australian company but not demonstrating the Australian way......

Ely

ElyMelbourne

Poor experience

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Never return my calls

I tried two weeks ago to switch to red energy, but they asked me for $230. For a smart metre which is a free service...I made complaints about that,but the manager twice failed to contact me ,after saying he would.now I'm still waiting.

Jayden M.