Renault Clio

• Features

Werner

WernerPerth, WA

Renault never again

I own a 2013 Renault T/ IV Authentique TCe 90.09L.
I used to love this car a lot. In September 2020 the car overheated suddenly . Very poor design as temperature gauge doesn’t show gradual overheating. Towed To a Renault repair garage. The engine oil cooler was broken the oil had mixed with the cooling water. New parts from France 3 weeks wrong parts 3 weeks more . The car had only done 42592 km. Needed a new radiator was of course after all this time completely blocked. Was fixed is working OK . Cost $ 2992.00 .Contacted Renault Australia , many calls with not 1 return call from them , and no regress. Would not buy another Renault in Australia or any European car.

Purchased for $170,000.00.

gannon

gannongannon.dass18@gmail.com

Computer module for transmission

My car has only clocked 58000kms and it's computer module for the transmission has failed without warning. Was running as normal until we stopped at the lights when it won't move at all. The car was towed away living us to find our ownway home. Renault road side assist thumps down. We had to pay 3700 dollars for cost of repairs. Warranty on the car had expired by 2 months. Contacted Renault Australia, however, told me to get the dealer to verify that the part was defective?????? So contacted the dealer who was as confused as i was. Totally frustrated.Renault Australia is putting the blame at someone else.

Purchased in June 2015 at Peter Warren Automotive for $23,000.00.

David4242

David4242Gippsland, VIC

Very good

Had the Renault Clio Zen since Feb 20. Great car, has a sense of fun even as an automatic. Quiet inside, and handles bumps well. Seats comfortable and supportive. The manual aircon system works quickly though the switches are a little confusing. The audio is probably the biggest let down. As the driver you dont feel like the sound is enveloping you, it very much comes from the dashboard. No amount of adjustment seems to improve it. Otherwise a great car. Why Renault could not sell more Clios in Australia is beyond me.. Too stylish for Aussies maybe..

Purchased in February 2020.

mercedes

mercedesSydney, NSW

I love my Renault Clio Expression 2015 model

I use my car for visiting ,shopping appointments and so on
Every second day
Every year as per book.
The mechanic was very happy ,everything was perfect condition ,and told me this car will last without problems for many years .
Unfortunately Just drove out of my garage reversing and the rear wheel on the left would not run ,but scraped the concrete drive Not even the NRMA could fixed ! I dont know if this is a fault of the car ??? on the dash board ,mention check ABS and skidding ,Hill start and so on but ,nothing made sense ,maybe Renault has some idea ?

Purchased in June 2015 at Dominelli Ford for $20.00.

Desmo500

Desmo500Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It is Fun. The few small issues count for nothing on a winding road.

Purchased in July 2016 at Renault.

Isobella B.

Isobella B.South West, WA

Beautiful little car

I bought my car February 2019 and have had no issues so far. I love this model, it’s nippy and sporty looking. Very fuel efficient and has heaps of little handy features tech wise inside.

Purchased in February 2019 at Renault for $19,000.00.

Kristina

KristinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect first car

We bought this car for our daughter after looking at many different makes and model. The Clio formula edition had all the safety features we were looking for and the apple CarPlay she wanted. The price offered was too good to pass up and our daughter loves her car. It’s fun and sporty to drive and I would recommend this car to anyone.

Purchased in July 2019 at Werribee Renault for $20,000.00.

Wouldnt buy one again or deal with with Renault or Village Motors Nrth lakes ever again

Have had to replace the timing belt at a cost of $4200 and now not even a mth later need to do the dual clutches the car hasnt even done 100000 ks yet and is only just 5 years old the aircon had to be replaced and maps dont work or the warning sounds on the Tom Tom I have been Quoted at the cheapest $5,000 plus for the clutches Renault would not even come to the party on even half the repair bill for the timing belt they did pay for the aircon the car has been serviced but last service by Village Motors they failed to put the right amount of oil in it

Purchased in March 2014.

Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a fantastic little car!

Purchased in July 2016 for $16,500.00.

GeeEm61

GeeEm61Sydney, NSW

Clio RS 200 Cup Premium, French and fantastique!

Purchased in August 2015 at Pickles Auctions for $32,710.00.

Marieanne

MarieanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good car! But bad sound system.

I use my car to get to work. Its small so it parks pretty much anywhere (small car only spots included). I get it serviced regularly and it runs nicely aside from the sound system. The sound system is very tinny sounding and the best songs sound horrible in my car. I had them checked out and service department said they were the standard ones. When I bought this car it was worth $23,000 and I wish Renault thought about the sound!

BadgeGT Premium
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
happyhippy

happyhippySunshine Coast

Melting dashboard under warranty - told go away and don't come back!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Beth Green

Beth GreenPerth

Love it

Driving exprerience is amazing, I have always loved euro cars. Handling is great, it really is a sporty hot hatch. it isn’t a big car if you have family, limited leg room in the bag but still ample. It is very cheap to fill, I always use 98 shell ultimate. It costs me $50-$60 a week. I am so happy with my purchase. I love it.

BadgeR.S. 200 Cup
Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Nice motor

Bought secondhand - it stated out as a demo car. Nothing gone wrong at all, perhaps everything was fixed as as a demo!. Had a recall, something to do with the wiper motor, which renault also fitted a new set of wiper blades gratis.
A nice bit of style and fun to drive, but don't like the way it drifts backwards a we bit and its always in the wrong gear for what you want - I prefer CVT.
95 octane a bit of a nuisance but I guess that's the price for a small turbo engine. But very nice to drive.

BadgeExpression
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
JKnight

JKnightSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent choice for us

We've had our Clio GT X98 5D for some months now and am extremely happy.
- Handles really well
- Very comfortable sporty seats
- lovely interior, easy to clean
- Hasn't missed a beat, very economical.
- Had to replace the wiper blades, service and could get parts easy enough from auto supplier
- It is a little tight in the back for passengers on a long journey but perfect for city/commuting.

BadgeGT
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

MINC

MINCNSW, 2145

Would NOT ever Buy again

Renault dropped their pants big time on recent pricing stinging everyone that bought prior to 2017! Meaning, they knew when they were selling you your car in 2016.
Clio is a Great little design (hardware) and could have been a great little drive ...but..(the software) hmm I've had annoying issues from blue tooth connection not consistently working to a gearbox that keeps neutralizing itself or gets confused as to when to change gears - I would NOT recommend Renault brand or Renault Sales.

BadgeR.S. 200 Sport
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Bonds

BondsLogan Village

Clio RS 200

Love the car, it's quick, grips the road well, handles well, awesome sound with resonator deleted, especially fun in Sport and Race modes. I am 6 foot 5 and fit in nicely for a small car. Fun, good warranty, love it. It looks good. A great hot hatch. Would recommend it to others wanting a bit of fun out of their car for a good price. Got. Great deal drive away.

BadgeR.S. 200 Sport
Date PurchasedJuly 2017
psymann

psymannPerth, WA

Excellent small, cheap, fun car.

Engine Size0.9
Date PurchasedAug 2016
abehne

abehneAU

Great Car!

Driven for 3 years without losing a beat. Fuel consumption running on around 5litres to 100 km. Very economical. Drives beautifully around town or on the open highway. Amazing features include cruise control, speed limiter and handbreak assist to make your journey troublefree. I'm very happy with my Renault Clio.

Engine Size.9
Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Clint

ClintSydney, NSW

Great designed little car

I wanted a small, well designed, good priced, European car and I got it in the new Renault Clio.. it not only looks great but run good to. I love the modern interior, especially the centre console. But the main two reasons I brought the clip was the day lights and the key card... (key in the shape of a key card)

BadgeExpression