Not happy

Just done 30'000kms and car needs front brake rotors, again! First set replaced at circa 15'000 kms under warranty but not without a fight, now it's round 2. Has anyone else experienced this? The car is my wife's daily driver so it's driven quite conservatively.

Purchased in May 2017.

Year2017

Promised so much,delivered so little

Bought this 2016 Koleos new in 2017.
We have had ongoing issues with the dash and centre console going black.Had it back to McCarrolls Newcastle and they had no idea at all after 4 occasions.Took it back to Peter Warren Warwick Farm and computers were re-set but since then (June 2018) have had issues with centre console twice. Today,after 41,000 k’s have had to have the front rotors and pads replaced.Only ever had to replace brake rotors on a car once before and that was after a shonky deal from a shonky dealer on a Holden Crappydore.
I’m 71 and my wife 70 is the regular driver so it’s fair to say that our hooning days are well behind us.
Never , ever, had to replace brakes at such low kilometres but the brake repairer said that they have thousands of dollars tied up in rotors and pads for European cars due to early brake wear out in European cars

Purchased in June 2017 at Peter Warren Automotive for $30,500.00.

Stay away.

I bought a brand new Koleos in2017. It now has 40,000 kms and was told today at service that my brakes are 99% worn and I need new brakes and disks (costing $800). The drivers seat is wearing out as is the shift knob. My wife drives the car to work and to drop off the kids it’s not a race car

Purchased in March 2017.

Unusual

I usually use the 2016 Renult Koleos as a daily family car. Purchased in 2017 and lasted me up to the start of 2019. The car was running smoothly until mid 2018, when the key card was no longer receptive from distance; leaving me to manually insert the key to start up. Although it was odd I thought nothing of it as the car worked the same. However 2019 was not too fun, the car started jumping internally and the dashboard lights would flash randomly, with the indicators too. the card became no longer receptive until 2-10 minutes of inserting the key into the start slot different directions just to try and start the car. As well as resulting to jump starting the car :(. On a 37 degree day, the car just refused to flat out start, no sign of ignition lights even with jumpstarting. So I called the insurance company to come help out. One of their guys found no issue with the battery and found the key was the issue, so we got it towed to the nearest Renault car dealership and sought for service. 3 days later I was contacted by the Renault services and was informed something inside the car has flat out just destructed and are still looking to find out what it is. Long story short I have to get a new car.

Purchased in September 2017.

BoughtUsed
Year2012

Active Braking Disconnected

We don't use this car every day, only done 3000km,
Everytime I drive the car message comes up Active Braking disconnected I took it to village motor northlakes 5 times, first time they told me there was a leaf between the senor I drove for 500m message come up took back to village motor they told me because of the dust I drove for 100m message came up again I took back they told me radar is faulty and its because of dushboard camera, message is not coming up however I don't trust village motor because the reasons they told me was lie

Purchased in August 2018.

Year2018

2018 intense 4wd desiel

Honestly this car as a 4wd labeled vechile is seriously underrated and deserves a bit more credit, I have had this car offroad a few times both dirt and sand, while ground clearance isnt all that much, with a couple of modifications which iv done I have the same ground clearance as the proper 4x4's , the 4wd system works incredibly well in the sand and steep dirt inclines iv never been stuck in the sand in it including going onto sand islands, even pulled out a prado out of a bog down to the diffs which amazed me , the only issue I have is fuel consumption but mainly because of the larger offroad tyres I have put on it, I'm st average of around 9.2l per 100kms however even before on the stock tyres I still was at best of 8.5 city driving and 7.6 out on the highway , but that's the only thing I can pick on, the interior gives off a awsome luxery feel and is a absolute pleasure to drive day in and day out and honestly makes you want to drive it more and more, I havent came across any problems with the cvt as of yet iv done 30k kms on it so far and still working like it's new, the sound system is amazing and cant forget about the heated and ventilated seats absolute heaven especially on them hot days , no more back/bum sweating on leather seats! The cool breeze feels different but its rather relaxing , plenty of room in the car, a nice upgrade on the interior I reckon is if they put screens in the headrests of the driver and passenger seats for the kids entertainment on trips. Otherwise top car , if your seriously not sure go and test drive one you wont be disappointed

Purchased in March 2018.

Comfort

Good car needs some improvement

Car is good for the price, no doubt. Some improvements to consider 1. Setas can be softer, 2. Side views of other vehicles are not good especially if you at a roundabout.

Purchased in November 2016.

Superb Car

Extremely happy with the Koleas, Zen 2017. Only fault is the pho-leather seats in Summer. Lambswool seat covers will fix. The Turning circle is not as good as Rav 4. However, its a great vehicle, with all the gadgets needed. Would highly recommend. French Design, Japanese engineering, Korean built. Welcome to the 21 st century.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great Vehicle EXCEPT our dealer promised update to Apple /Android Auto on purchase, still waiting!!

Could not be happier with my 2017 Intens.
Purchased in September 2017
However, at time of purchase, we were told by the salesman at Metro Renault that Apple Play & Android Auto software feature (which we don't have) was to be updated as soon as Renault released it.
After numerous phone calls requesting the update, we've been told that there isn't an update for our model.
** Very disappointed with Metro Renault making promises at the time of purchase and not keeping their word**

We'll soon make another phone call to check on the availability of an update to equip our Renault koleos with Apple Play/Android Auto and if we get the same answer, we'll be referring this matter to Renault regarding Metro Renault unkept promise.

Metro Renault can contact us if they wish. They've got details of the sale and phone calls on their books.

Otherwise GREAT Vehicle and very happy after nearly a year and a half.

M

BadgeIntens
Date PurchasedSep 2017

So far so good

*more car for your $$$
*Drives like a sedan, very little body roll compared to CX5
*Engine and ride very smooth
*Engine can be a little loud when pushed hard, not as loud as CX5
*Infotainment R Link system can take a while to get use to but still good
*Space inside is fantastic, better than 5 seater competitors
*Looks better than most SUVs i think
*7.4 Ltr per 100, awesome!
*So much more safety kit for the money compared to competitors and price
*Center cup holders are a bit of an issue, not a good size
*Slowish off the mark, and in general in ECO mode, makes sense
*Hills i find are no problem for this vehicle, plenty of go...
*Stereo great
*Yes, car locks quickly if you have the key on you and you get out of the car to get something from another door
*I do love the car, its such a cruzer. Not a racer. You want to spend time in it. I do worry about the CVT, As the Nissan reviews arent good. So time will tell. Ive heard aslong as you put the right Oil in the CVT and have it serviced there shouldnt be any issues. 5 yr, unlimited kilometer warranty.
UPDATE>10,000K's, fuel usage dropped to 7.1L/100, still loving the car, use to the CVT now, honestly, I think the car is great. Goes great, feels great. No issues after 10,000K's, we have taken it on heaps of long drives all over NSW, love being in it. Those cup holders are still annoying.

Purchased in September 2018 for $34,600.00.

Year2018

Nice family SUV - Zen 4x2

My first SUV, it has got a lot of features for affordable price. Renault's low finance offer has sweetened the deal. Never owned a French car, but very impressed by the Koleos. The Infotainment system and Android Auto are easy to use; a lot of space and legroom compared to others. Great overall look. Comfortable enough for long drive. Would highly recommend to anyone shopping around for comfy and safe family vehicle.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Trouble from Day 1

I bought this car and from day 1 I knew something wasn't right when I drove it out of the showroom. The car would shake/vibrate when ever you had the car in idle (e.g waiting at the traffic lights), the response I got from the dealership was that it was a known issue and a software fix would come to stop the car from acting like this when I complained a day after receiving the car.

After many months of complaints, taking my car in to be looked at; leaving it for days with Renault Australia and taking the matter formally,I was advised that this is actual "normal operation" and to reduce vibration I can drive with the air-conditioner on which actually lifts the engine speed to stop the car from vibrating/shaking. Obviously this is disappointing that a brand new car requires the air-conditioner on 24/7 to stop the car from shaking.To this day I am stuck with the issue, with no way to make the car stop doing it. To give you an indication of this vibration it makes my phone shake around in its holder, something you would expect from a 20 year old car, so its not pleasant to drive. I was advised by Renault that this is "normal operation" so one can expect that all the Koleos cars operate in a similar manner if this is normal.

I loved the car and if it wasn't for this issue I would recommend it to everyone, but in my opinion it would be the last vehicle I would ever buy again.

Other issues experienced with the car:
1. breaks making funny noises every time they are pressed
2. vibration at 80kms an hour through the steering wheel
3. faulty media unit, which was replaced, now this one has other issues and dead pixels.
4. rattles in the cabin and front passenger seat

Date PurchasedAug 2017

200 klms and problems not available no catalogs for parts kingswood renault service

fault message came on check start stop took the car to renault service seat sensor faulty code came up they could not work out why seat message was on took back vehicle and rebooked as they were to busy to work out the problem brought the vehicle back when they organised renault techs they swapped seats with another vehicle problem went away they had no parts or catalogs for parts several weeks passed got phone call saying they located
a sensor was located took car back to find out the part did not fit they told me they would call when the part appeared i have owned the vehicle for three months whats next dissapointed

Badgebad
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love our new car - Zen 4*2

This is our first car. Everything is good and the price is really nice. It includes all basic features that we might use. It is very good value for money. We made a wise decision on it. We bought it at the end of financial year, so got some discount. Overall is good.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Zen 4x2 - Smooth operator!

I am over the moon with this car. It's smooth, economical and full of little luxuries.

After owning a '06 Megane, that is still as reliable as the day it was made, proved it's safety on more than on occasion and our dealer are super-stars, the choice was clean when it was time for us to buy a second car.

I don't have a bad thing to say. If I had to really try, I would say the low idle can feel a little bit un-refined when stationary and the AC isn't running. With that being said, I feel it has lessened over the last couple of months. At the end of the day I would rather this, than an engine with start-stop fitted.

The standard sound system is beautiful, I use the heated seats way more than I thought I would and the climate system is very responsive to changes in temperature and sunlight. Apple car play is a game changer, we use it every single day!

The active safety features are well implemented. I have had the forward emergency braking kick in once and it only did it to support me (wasn't stopping hard enough) and only when you need it to. The rest of the time, they are just in the background, standing guard.

Rear leg room and cargo space was important and doesn't disappoint. No dramas with space when we have multiple passengers.

Fuel economy is fantastic, currently averaging 8.2L per 100/km, most of our driving is done at 60-80km/h and at the time of this review we have done 9100km.

Thank you Renault!

UPDATE: So we have now done 14,000km and our fuel consumption has improved further, hovering between 7.2 and 7.4 L/100km. Very happy!

Purchased in January 2018.

Year2017

Love the car - Koleos Life MY18

A very good stylish looking car, Good value for money, handles well. Build is far better than Honda CRVs. Interior feels much nicer for $32,000 mid size SUV, nice features. 10.5L/100km. A/c works well with dual climate control which i feel is a std. for this range. Spacious legroom, comfortable , reasonably quite while driving, CVT is good.

BadgeKoleos Life MY18
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very reliable

Previous car was a Tiguan with all the bells and whistles. Looked at the Renault Koleos and it had many of the same safety features and gadgets but more. Cost was a lot less than a new Tiguan and cannot fault it. Running costs are good, smooth on the road, stylish and safe. Good family SUV with a lot of class.

Badge2016
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing 2018 4x4 Koleos Zen

I never paid much attention to Ranult, nor French cars in general; until by accident i came across a review of the Renault Koleos. OFcourse, i wanted to test drive the car for myself, and was blown away with the drive and plethora of features available!!! This car is absolutely amazing, in every regard. For a medium sized SUV it feels more like a large SUV inside. The Zen completes the vehicle in every way with features; from having a dedicated sat nav and apple car play, to the amazing interior and other features. This car has an amazing range of features for a very competitive price tag. Don’t bother with Korean and JApanese cars. You’ll get allot more from this one!!! And its very affordable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Itens, still the best!!!

Looked for so long for new or used car that fitted what I needed and wanted. I live with some special physical needs due to illness and really was after something long term, but it also had to be multi purpose [tow, on road, off road, animals, adults, kids, long distance, shopping etc..] I mean it was a long list & I was prepared to spend to get it. Also I wanted all the nice little luxury bits & pieces you'd expect from top range cars. Months went by [I am really fussy] no luck, one reason or another nope, even top of the scale cars Mercs, Audi, BMW, and I looovvvee these cars but always something. And then I walked past the Renault showroom, just looking at the new stuff, wandered inside & there stood the new Intens. I kid you not it was love at first sight, it had everything including semi-auto park & mood lighting, 4wd, 7 speed, you name it & sexy looks. Big question, ease of access, comfort long term & ride?? Test drive, that was it, no more questions. This thing was so new they didn't have a price yet and the dealer was still reading the manual. When I found out how much she was, I bought the one I tested right off the floor. Just added a tow pack, that was it!!!! Nothing stacked up against it, still doesn't. She's been put through everything I could throw at her at has never missed a beat, even covered in mud dust & bird poo she still has people commenting on how lovely she is & when they look inside, well wow!!! and when I get in I still love how she says hello. This a real owner review, this is a real car & a daily drive & we live in the country, so she has been truly tested, even 9 straight hours of highway. No rattles, no trim problems, nothing. Give her a clean & she still looks showroom. Ok I'll go now.....

BadgeIntens
Date PurchasedAug 2016

My dream car at an affordable price

Absoloutely love my Renault Koleos. Have also had my eye on very expensive cars but came across this one and fell in love with it, and the best part was I could actually afford it. There is so much room, the design is so smooth and good looking and I can’t imagine having a different car after this one.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

All of a sudden the volume control has stopped working in the radio. Can't turn up or down only mute. Neither the volume knob below main screen or buttons by steering wheel will work? Can't find anything about this in manual either.

The volume control has just stopped working all of a sudden. You can mute but won't go up or down. Neither the knob under the main screen or the buttons on below steering wheel work. Looked in the manual but can't find anything.
Sorry I can’t help with this.Just another Renault electrical issue.I hope someone can help because sure as hell Renault won’t be able to

Hi when I start the car (2016 Koleos Bose), during the function check it says 'check card reader', then approx. 30 seconds later the stereo and nav screen turn of and restart, forcing me to re-enter media source, maps etc. I have updated Renault software but not Tom Tom software. Any help appreciated?

HZG Intens 4WD DieselHZG Intens 4WD PetrolHZG Intens FWD PetrolHZG LifeHZG S-EditionHZG ZenHZG Initiale
Starting Price $47,990$47,990$45,870$30,990$44,990$37,990$45,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy17" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy
Doors5555555
Seats5555555
Fuel Consumption6.1 L/100km8.3 L/100km8.1 L/100km8.1 L/100km8.3 L/100km8.3 L/100km8.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L
Engine4 Cylinder, 2L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L
Max Power130kW @ 3750rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque380Nm @ 2000rpm226NM @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera and Seat Belt RemindersABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure Monitor
Extra Features Android Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Start/Stop Engine, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice Control
Ground Clearance210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,650 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2017