Renault Koleos 2016-Present

Renault Koleos 2016-Present

2018 intense 4wd desiel

Honestly this car as a 4wd labeled vechile is seriously underrated and deserves a bit more credit, I have had this car offroad a few times both dirt and sand, while ground clearance isnt all that much, with a couple of modifications which iv done I have the same ground clearance as the proper 4x4's , the 4wd system works incredibly well in the sand and steep dirt inclines iv never been stuck in the sand in it including going onto sand islands, even pulled out a prado out of a bog down to the diffs which amazed me , the only issue I have is fuel consumption but mainly because of the larger offroad tyres I have put on it, I'm st average of around 9.2l per 100kms however even before on the stock tyres I still was at best of 8.5 city driving and 7.6 out on the highway , but that's the only thing I can pick on, the interior gives off a awsome luxery feel and is a absolute pleasure to drive day in and day out and honestly makes you want to drive it more and more, I havent came across any problems with the cvt as of yet iv done 30k kms on it so far and still working like it's new, the sound system is amazing and cant forget about the heated and ventilated seats absolute heaven especially on them hot days , no more back/bum sweating on leather seats! The cool breeze feels different but its rather relaxing , plenty of room in the car, a nice upgrade on the interior I reckon is if they put screens in the headrests of the driver and passenger seats for the kids entertainment on trips. Otherwise top car , if your seriously not sure go and test drive one you wont be disappointed

Purchased .

Handling
Braking
Suspension
Gear Shifting
Good
Fuel Efficiency
OK
Design
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Good car needs some improvement

Car is good for the price, no doubt. Some improvements to consider 1. Setas can be softer, 2. Side views of other vehicles are not good especially if you at a roundabout.

Purchased .

Good
Good
Noise Level
Quiet
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Performance
Acceleration / Power
Good
Handling
Good
Braking
Good
Suspension
Good
Gear Shifting
Good
Fuel Efficiency
Good
Design
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Good
Comfort
Good

Superb Car

Extremely happy with the Koleas, Zen 2017. Only fault is the pho-leather seats in Summer. Lambswool seat covers will fix. The Turning circle is not as good as Rav 4. However, its a great vehicle, with all the gadgets needed. Would highly recommend. French Design, Japanese engineering, Korean built. Welcome to the 21 st century.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great Vehicle EXCEPT our dealer promised update to Apple /Android Auto on purchase, still waiting!!

Could not be happier with my 2017 Intens.
Purchased in September 2017
However, at time of purchase, we were told by the salesman at Metro Renault that Apple Play & Android Auto software feature (which we don't have) was to be updated as soon as Renault released it.
After numerous phone calls requesting the update, we've been told that there isn't an update for our model.
** Very disappointed with Metro Renault making promises at the time of purchase and not keeping their word**

We'll soon make another phone call to check on the availability of an update to equip our Renault koleos with Apple Play/Android Auto and if we get the same answer, we'll be referring this matter to Renault regarding Metro Renault unkept promise.

Metro Renault can contact us if they wish. They've got details of the sale and phone calls on their books.

Otherwise GREAT Vehicle and very happy after nearly a year and a half.

M

Date PurchasedSep 2017

So far so good

*more car for your $$$
*Drives like a sedan, very little body roll compared to CX5
*Engine and ride very smooth
*Engine can be a little loud when pushed hard, not as loud as CX5
*Infotainment R Link system can take a while to get use to but still good
*Space inside is fantastic, better than 5 seater competitors
*Looks better than most SUVs i think
*7.4 Ltr per 100, awesome!
*So much more safety kit for the money compared to competitors and price
*Center cup holders are a bit of an issue, not a good size
*Slowish off the mark, and in general in ECO mode, makes sense
*Hills i find are no problem for this vehicle, plenty of go...
*Stereo great
*Yes, car locks quickly if you have the key on you and you get out of the car to get something from another door
*I do love the car, its such a cruzer. Not a racer. You want to spend time in it. I do worry about the CVT, As the Nissan reviews arent good. So time will tell. Ive herd aslong as you put the right Oil in the CVT and have it serviced there shouldnt be any issues. 5 yr, unlimited kilometer warranty.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Nice family SUV - Zen 4x2

My first SUV, it has got a lot of features for affordable price. Renault's low finance offer has sweetened the deal. Never owned a French car, but very impressed by the Koleos. The Infotainment system and Android Auto are easy to use; a lot of space and legroom compared to others. Great overall look. Comfortable enough for long drive. Would highly recommend to anyone shopping around for comfy and safe family vehicle.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Trouble from Day 1

I bought this car and from day 1 I knew something wasn't right when I drove it out of the showroom. The car would shake/vibrate when ever you had the car in idle (e.g waiting at the traffic lights), the response I got from the dealership was that it was a known issue and a software fix would come to stop the car from acting like this when I complained a day after receiving the car.

After many months of complaints, taking my car in to be looked at; leaving it for days with Renault Australia and taking the matter formally,I was advised that this is actual "normal operation" and to reduce vibration I can drive with the air-conditioner on which actually lifts the engine speed to stop the car from vibrating/shaking. Obviously this is disappointing that a brand new car requires the air-conditioner on 24/7 to stop the car from shaking.To this day I am stuck with the issue, with no way to make the car stop doing it. To give you an indication of this vibration it makes my phone shake around in its holder, something you would expect from a 20 year old car, so its not pleasant to drive. I was advised by Renault that this is "normal operation" so one can expect that all the Koleos cars operate in a similar manner if this is normal.

I loved the car and if it wasn't for this issue I would recommend it to everyone, but in my opinion it would be the last vehicle I would ever buy again.

Other issues experienced with the car:
1. breaks making funny noises every time they are pressed
2. vibration at 80kms an hour through the steering wheel
3. faulty media unit, which was replaced, now this one has other issues and dead pixels.
4. rattles in the cabin and front passenger seat

Date PurchasedAug 2017

200 klms and problems not available no catalogs for parts kingswood renault service

fault message came on check start stop took the car to renault service seat sensor faulty code came up they could not work out why seat message was on took back vehicle and rebooked as they were to busy to work out the problem brought the vehicle back when they organised renault techs they swapped seats with another vehicle problem went away they had no parts or catalogs for parts several weeks passed got phone call saying they located
a sensor was located took car back to find out the part did not fit they told me they would call when the part appeared i have owned the vehicle for three months whats next dissapointed

Badgebad
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love our new car - Zen 4*2

This is our first car. Everything is good and the price is really nice. It includes all basic features that we might use. It is very good value for money. We made a wise decision on it. We bought it at the end of financial year, so got some discount. Overall is good.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Zen 4x2 - Smooth operator!

I am over the moon with this car. It's smooth, economical and full of little luxuries.

After owning a '06 Megane, that is still as reliable as the day it was made, proved it's safety on more than on occasion and our dealer are super-stars, the choice was clean when it was time for us to buy a second car.

I don't have a bad thing to say. If I had to really try, I would say the low idle can feel a little bit un-refined when stationary and the AC isn't running. With that being said, I feel it has lessened over the last couple of months. At the end of the day I would rather this, than an engine with start-stop fitted.

The standard sound system is beautiful, I use the heated seats way more than I thought I would and the climate system is very responsive to changes in temperature and sunlight. Apple car play is a game changer, we use it every single day!

The active safety features are well implemented. I have had the forward emergency braking kick in once and it only did it to support me (wasn't stopping hard enough) and only when you need it to. The rest of the time, they are just in the background, standing guard.

Rear leg room and cargo space was important and doesn't disappoint. No dramas with space when we have multiple passengers.

Fuel economy is fantastic, currently averaging 8.2L per 100/km, most of our driving is done at 60-80km/h and at the time of this review we have done 9100km.

Thank you Renault!

UPDATE: So we have now done 14,000km and our fuel consumption has improved further, hovering between 7.2 and 7.4 L/100km. Very happy!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love the car - Koleos Life MY18

A very good stylish looking car, Good value for money, handles well. Build is far better than Honda CRVs. Interior feels much nicer for $32,000 mid size SUV, nice features. 10.5L/100km. A/c works well with dual climate control which i feel is a std. for this range. Spacious legroom, comfortable , reasonably quite while driving, CVT is good.

BadgeKoleos Life MY18
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very reliable

Previous car was a Tiguan with all the bells and whistles. Looked at the Renault Koleos and it had many of the same safety features and gadgets but more. Cost was a lot less than a new Tiguan and cannot fault it. Running costs are good, smooth on the road, stylish and safe. Good family SUV with a lot of class.

Badge2016
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing 2018 4x4 Koleos Zen

I never paid much attention to Ranult, nor French cars in general; until by accident i came across a review of the Renault Koleos. OFcourse, i wanted to test drive the car for myself, and was blown away with the drive and plethora of features available!!! This car is absolutely amazing, in every regard. For a medium sized SUV it feels more like a large SUV inside. The Zen completes the vehicle in every way with features; from having a dedicated sat nav and apple car play, to the amazing interior and other features. This car has an amazing range of features for a very competitive price tag. Don’t bother with Korean and JApanese cars. You’ll get allot more from this one!!! And its very affordable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Itens, still the best!!!

Looked for so long for new or used car that fitted what I needed and wanted. I live with some special physical needs due to illness and really was after something long term, but it also had to be multi purpose [tow, on road, off road, animals, adults, kids, long distance, shopping etc..] I mean it was a long list & I was prepared to spend to get it. Also I wanted all the nice little luxury bits & pieces you'd expect from top range cars. Months went by [I am really fussy] no luck, one reason or another nope, even top of the scale cars Mercs, Audi, BMW, and I looovvvee these cars but always something. And then I walked past the Renault showroom, just looking at the new stuff, wandered inside & there stood the new Intens. I kid you not it was love at first sight, it had everything including semi-auto park & mood lighting, 4wd, 7 speed, you name it & sexy looks. Big question, ease of access, comfort long term & ride?? Test drive, that was it, no more questions. This thing was so new they didn't have a price yet and the dealer was still reading the manual. When I found out how much she was, I bought the one I tested right off the floor. Just added a tow pack, that was it!!!! Nothing stacked up against it, still doesn't. She's been put through everything I could throw at her at has never missed a beat, even covered in mud dust & bird poo she still has people commenting on how lovely she is & when they look inside, well wow!!! and when I get in I still love how she says hello. This a real owner review, this is a real car & a daily drive & we live in the country, so she has been truly tested, even 9 straight hours of highway. No rattles, no trim problems, nothing. Give her a clean & she still looks showroom. Ok I'll go now.....

Date PurchasedAug 2016

My dream car at an affordable price

Absoloutely love my Renault Koleos. Have also had my eye on very expensive cars but came across this one and fell in love with it, and the best part was I could actually afford it. There is so much room, the design is so smooth and good looking and I can’t imagine having a different car after this one.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Perfect Family car

After 6 months car searches I found the One! Koleos,it has everything i need! All the modern features and options! Love it
The engine is not the fastest but if u r not planning to drive the car like a Formula then its ok! Leather seats,sunroof, large lcd display is great! One thing i dont like is that it has no CD player,that is all!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Renault Koleos Life - Go You Good Thing!

Purchased Renault Koleos Life base model in mid 2017 on a special driveaway deal 2016 plate car.

Good:
- Those looks, wow! No other car this side of 50k comes even close but that is admittedly subjective
- Engine has plenty of power, bit of an oldie but proven and reliable 2.5L taken straight from Nissan Xtrail
- Transmission is smooth and confident
- Full digital dashboard, easy to read, customisable. Makes the ones with old-school dials look ancient and hard to read
- Spacious inside, superbly comfortable, classy, mostly quality switches and plastics. Excellent audio quality.
- Excellent rear view camera, crystal clear, auto-adjusts brightness, accurate guiding lines
- Great warranty, servicing intervals, free roadside assistance. Value for money+++
- Those looks - deserves 2nd mention

Bad:
- R-Link software is incredibly complicated
- Paint is thin. Yes, thin. Even the gentlest scratch will strip away the external layer of paint. Good luck with rock chips on gravel roads, especially if car is white. I would happily give Renault $15 they saved on the paint to make this right
- fuel consumption bit higher than advertised, on standard roads and reasonable braking and accelerating
- cruise control falls apart on hills, can rev uncontrollably

BadgeLife
Date PurchasedMay 2017
1 year update: car runs well, smooth, no issues at all. Still loving the looks, on a scale from VW Tiguan to 10 I’d rate it a solid 9. Bigger wheels on base model would be a 10, which higher models have but -1 for gaudy chrome on these models like the fake chrome dual exhausts lol. This car is a winner!

Great value for money

Needed to change to a family car and have been comparing Koleos with Mazda CX5. After doing test drive for both cars, I found that their performance are very close to each other. I like that you can hardly notice gearbox changing with Koleos. Although some people have complained about engine noise, I still find it fairly quiet.
With our budget, we were able to get the Koleos top model with sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats, automatic tailgate and Bose sound system etc. However, if we were going for CX5, we can only get the basic model which is without all of the above.
The other things that Koleos ticked our boxes are the look and its legroom. We have received so many compliments and no one would believe this car is such good value.
Absolutely enjoying all that this car has to offer!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love the koleos intens

Great car . love the driving experience . Engine and cvt transmission suits us as a older couple. Technology a bit daunting downloaded R Link manual getting used to slowly. Auto tailgate doesn't work with towbar . Dealer said they can fix this . Overall 5 stars. 5 year warranty and roadside assist.

BadgeIntend
Date PurchasedSep 2017
As mentioned auto tailgate didn’t work after fitting towbar. Dealer fitted a additional harness and remounted the sensor . Works Well .

New Koleos - too many issues ruin a great car

Owned 2 previous Koleos, so excited when the new model arrived.

Whats good - loads of tech, more legroom, smooth ride, awesome BOSE sound system.

What's bad - engine is too under-powered for the size. The cruise control can't hold the speed without the revs screaming on a hill. The bonnet design is poor. The wind gets under it on the freeway and it bounces around looking like it will fly off. I have had people pull up next to me on the freeway gesturing that my bonnet catch is not done up. Some of the tech is complex to use and dangerous to navigate through while driving. The phone interface is poor. Given up on it recognising my commands - never a problem on the previous model. Had the Renault dealer fit a Renault towbar - which wiped out the foot controlled boot release and shows an annoying rear parking sensor fault whenever I tow anything. The boot raising (and closing) mechanism works about 70% of the time. The proximity key is so sensitive, if you have it on you you can't walk around the car to the other side without it locking the car again. The speed camera detector which tells you to reduce speed often doesn't stop telling you to slow down - even when stopped at a red light. Loved the chilled glove box on the old model - which they got rid of. Now you have a vent with cold air in the drink holder. Except the lever to open and close the vent operates vertically so as you slide a can or bottle of drink in the holder, it closes the vent.... On narrower country roads, the auto dimming high beam detects its own light and dims the lights.

Could be a great car ... but sadly isn't. Rang Renault H/O in Australia on two occasions about issues and never got a return call. If they don't or won't listen to their customers, they wont be able to improve their vehicles.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Hi everyone, (2017 Koleos Petrol) Once the fuel light comes on, our DTE (distance to empty) displays down to 80km remaining then turns blank to - -. Dealer hasnt heard of this before. Has anyone else experienced this, does your dash display go lower than 80km to empty? Our previous 10y.o VW Golf would go all the way to 10km. Thanks!
Hi Alain, This certainly appears to be the "norm". Ours does the exact same thing. Even our '06 Renault Megane behaves this way. Depending on your current economy, the range remaining will go to "----" somewhere between 90 and 50km remaining. I believe this is to encourage people to refuel sooner rather than later, especially overseas as it's illegal for them to run our of fuel on certain motorways. Hope this helps. bzerk86

So i have the 2018 S Edition Koleos and wanted to find out about remote engine start, once you unlock the door, the car will shut off the engine. Surely theres a takeover procedure to prevent that from happening otherwise you will always need to start the car twice if using remote engine start. Second is there a update to support wireless carplay?
That's one for the Renault Dealer Service Manager. Ken H.Hi Ross, What does the manual say regarding remote engine start? Perhaps if you press the unlock button on the key card instead of the hands free button on the door it will continue to run the engine? I have never owned a vehicle with remote start but understand what you mean regarding a takeover procedure. A friends Astra they had borrowed required them to do a very specific set of steps to be able to drive the car after using remote engine start. Sorry I cannot be of more help. bzerk86Nah , tried both ways and the engine shutsdown regardless. Kind of pointless having remote start for it to shutdown as soon the door or remote unlock happens

my Koleos, immediately after I answer or make a blue tooth mobile call experiences "no blue tooth connection" and I am unable to make or receive calls until I shutdown the vehicle and restart. Anyone experienced this? I think I may need to take it to the dealer.
Sorry, no idea why! Try another dealer or Auto Electrician. Ken H.

Koleos 2016-Present