Renault Koleos H45

Renault Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
LisaM

LisaMForrest

Very disappointed with my koleos

I have had endless problems with my koleos since the first week I bought it from the dealership. Even getting repairs done under warranty were a problem through Renault. Annoying.

Purchased in May 2012 at Renault for A$32,500.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Year2012
Gediminas K.

Gediminas K.Tasmania

Good car in overall

We bought our Koleos few years ago, for around $15k as it is Privilege MY11 4x4 version f late 2011. Color is beautiful white pearl, pretty practical, as the dust and dirt is not as visible as on black or darker colors. Could be more economical, as it is around 10l/100km in the city. Although on the highway is really good as for SUV, with around 6.5l/100km. Have some issues with tailgate and pump of windscreen fluid, as water is not being sprayed on a windscreen anymore. Did many road trips, driving on a dirt roads, on the beach, never had big issues.
In overall, very good value and 4/5 stars.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$15,000.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2011
Suspension
gordon hayes

gordon hayes

computer read out

hello my comp. read out has stopped working ie distance to next refuel,fuel used etc any ideas and all the other function Also auto gear box has singing noise but only occasionally.It sounds like a ball race

TeeJayIllawarra, NSW

Still looks good and runs well

I do alot highway and mountain roads and small city trips in between. I have already racked up 172,000 km. I have always had it serviced by trained Renault mechanics. I have two minor warranty issues, tailgate lock and wiper motor. All were fixed with no fuss. My only dilemma is how much I paid for the top model vs depreciation. As the car is so good and reliable I am going to run it for a lot longer than I have other cars. I usually get rid of them 6 months before warranty ends but the bells and whistles on this car will keep me satisfied for a bit longer. I have never been happier to keep a car so long and the fuel average after all this time is still sitting on 7.2!

Purchased in June 2013 for A$46,500.00.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
BoughtNew
Year2013
Suspension
TeeJay

My average petrol is now sitting at 7 despite a slight increase in city driving. Have hit 183k now

This is the the privilege 4wd diesel

a2latrobe

a2latrobeMelbourne

Good for 5 years till warranty last , now falling apart like a house of cards .

The car was good for 5 years but these are the problems faced in last 1 year and Renault should be ashamed of themselves

1) Break light switch sensor not working . Car wouldn’t start or move . End result lot of headache .

2) Air con stopped working due to faulty heater resistor. Went to three different specialist to figure out the issue . End result lot of time and money wastage

3) extreme vibration in the car when accelerating - needed drive shaft replacement . End result completely lost trust in Renault

4 A old problem has resurfaced again- when going uphill or accelerating hard some clunky noise from the engine .

God save the Renault and the other owners like myself .

Purchased in August 2012.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)

DriveAWD
Hugo.b

Hugo.bAdelaide

Spacious, reliable

I have this car for my family and it does a great job. We upgraded from a Honda CRV and we immediately noticed that we have lots more room and space in the car. The boot was comparatively large and we could fit much more groceries in there, more items when travelling etc.

BadgeBose Premium

BadgePrivilege
Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hardik

HardikMelbourne

Car is good but minor issues keeps giving trouble.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Garry

GarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beautiful car

Very nice features, adorable car, approx. 11L/100KM, comfortable leather seats, Bose speakers, spacious boot, Cruise Control, fog lights, looks beautiful. The car is spacious, and the a.c. works very well. The only negative thing I can think is of is that it requires premium unleaded petrol, but the features offset that.

BadgePrivilege

Brilliant.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Darlingyoyo

Darlingyoyo

The car is ok the customer service is not

The car itself is good except the lack of CD player. The engine makes a bit of noise and on the high way it can get shaky. The interior is nice however the functions are not user friendly and takes time to get used to. Difficult to switch between medias (no short cuts). The legroom is adequate and the fuel seems quite efficient so far.

Bose is no longer included in the 'Life' option.

BadgeLife
Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hunter

Hunter

Awesome car meet all your need

Date PurchasedOct 2015
spider66

spider66QLD, 4211

Renault number four totally trouble free motoring

BadgeIntens
Date PurchasedApr 2017

nothappy32

nothappy32Brisbane

Good looks good to drive

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ellie

EllieBallina

Perfect urban SUV - reliable with lots of bells & whistles

I have the non 4x4 Koleos & I love it. It's reliable & not too bad on fuel, the CVT transmission is very smooth (to the point I need to watch my speed as it's easy to sneak up & not realise how fast you're going!). The mod cons provided are fab - like the built in sun visors & drop down trays for the rear seats. I really appreciate the front & rear sensors to help me park too!
Cons would be there's not as much leg room as I'd like.

BadgeDynamique
Date PurchasedMay 2013

Puneeth B.

Puneeth B.asked

Hey Guys,
I just purchased a 2014 Renault Koleos with 169000kms on the clock. Little did I know that the car's CVT is infamous for how reliable it can be. Does anyone here have a 2014 or earlier Koleos? How much mileage has your car racked up so far? I'm a little anxious now - what should I be doing to ensure this car continues running without giving me too much of a hard time.

Stevenj32

Have the transmission oil changed, its expensive, but should be done every 100,000 kilometres to assure the transmission survives, we will sell our Koleos, 2017 just before the warranty runs out, no faith in the transmission, ours has been terrible from brand new, never again.

bruceasked

hi I have a 2014 Koleos cvt with 120000km on it
no problems except when the battery is flat it must have more than 12 volts available also check terminals and if mounting bracket is lose this will give you all your warning lights.
I would like to know if I should service the transmission or leave it sealed.
it is great to drive especially on the dangerous M1 out of sydney
I am getting 8.3 litres/100 on 91 octane.

Stevenj32

The CVT needs an oil change, they quite commonly go at about 160,000kms,if not serviced and they are not repairable, at about $7000 to $9000 for a new one, we will sell our Koleos in one years time, just before the warranty runs out, as I don't trust the CVT, also our engine uses oil, not a lot, but still some from new, not good, I don't think I would buy another SUV with a cvt in it, ours gets about 7.8 litres per hundred on 98 fuel, hope this helps.

Thanks very much

Philip

The car shouldn't be using any oil at 120,000. Are you using the correct renault spec 5w-40? Nissan uses 5w-30 but that's for fuel economy reasons, and 5w-40 is for smoothness and longevity. This engine loves shell Ultra full synthetic. CVT servicing depends on how dirty it gets according to sensors - but preventative at 150,000k (normal driving conditions) is recommended if you found a good specialist.

Neil N

Neil Nasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Hi Guys, Please help with some advice, I have a 2011 Koleos 2,5l cvt and have had it for 8 years now with no issues, I have not driven it for a week now due to the covid-19 lockdown restrictions. This morning i tried starting the car but the car wouldnt start and shows a "check automatic gearbox" message. what could be the problem and how do i resolve it? The car has given no issues until this morning.

Please advise
regards,
Neil - Johannesburg - SA

AM24
AM24

Its common or all new cars to throw a real whammy when the battery is down on power or needs replacing. My sons Cleo had messages for gearbox and ecm and a new battery fixed the faults.

Philip

AM24 is correct - multiple codes will come up when battery is dead. Just replace battery and clear codes and see which ones continue. Use a trickle charger next time.

Compare all 8 Renault Koleos