3.7

Christopher M.
Christopher M.
mr rotomo
mr rotomoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This crook has gone into liquidation

been trying to contact this crook for ages .Had notification today that Retroplay has gone into liquidation I hate to think how many other people including myself who have paid deposits to this person and never received their order and will probably never see our money again. hopefully he will be investigated .for fraud ! Show details
Nick S.
Nick S.Hunter Region, NSW

Scam - [Name Removed] of Retroplay Australia ABN 47 637 461 968

Paid a deposit of $4800 on 22nd of August 2022 for an Adrenaline virtual pinball. [Name Removed] has failed to provide the product before winding up Retroplay Australia 17/01/2023. No refund was provided, This is out right stealing of my money. Show details
Jamie Sparks
Jamie Sparks

Fraud Alert - This Seller Will Steal Your Money

EDIT: As of 16th January 2023, Retroplay Australia is in liquidation. Make sure you perform a chargeback with your bank or credit card immediately - you will not get your order or refund via Retroplay!

My order was never shipped, seller ignored countless emails. Seller has stolen my money and will not refund or ship the goods. This has been going on for 4 months. Item should have been shipped within 24 hours - this is not a long-term pre-order.

Was friendly and fast to respond on initial contact, before I purchased something and then once I paid money, I was ignored and the goods never shipped. I am not the only customer like this - do your own research!

This is a legitimate fraud warning - his company is now under investigation. Show details

Paul A
Paul A
Bruce H
Bruce H

STAY AWAY from this SCUMBAG

STAY AWAY!!!! This guy is a total thief and scum of the earth!!! Many issues throught the entire process. He offered me a full refund if I sent it back. Has had back in his possession, via FedEx and actually signed by David Gilmore. Has ghosted me ever since, with no refund. Show details
Jay
JaySydney, NSW
Troy D.
Troy D.North Queensland, QLD3 posts

BEWARE- DO NOT GIVE $$$ TO RETROPLAY

I Paid over 4K to RETROPLAY in Sept 22 with ETA for a top of the line digital pinball in Jan 23.
Today they have deleted their Facebook page and messenger, their phone number has been disconnected and there is Facebook group with 37 members that has been started for people who have paid money to RETROPLAY that have been ghosted by the company and have been delivered no product even after paying thousands of dollars.
No matter how good Dave’s story sounds to you - STEER CLEAR OF RETROPLAY!! Show details
Chontelle D
Chontelle DSydney, NSW
Chris N
Chris N
jpeerson242 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Excellent product! Customer service needs work

Excellent table, works great, solid construction some of the tables have a few bug issues but I don’t think that is on retro play. Table took over a year to deliver and was not delivered 100% complete (just cosmetic things and a few extra internal components missing nothing that effects actual gameplay). I understand lockdowns and supply chain issues but over a year seems excessive especially with limited customer contact. I believed and still believe that this is the best manufacturer of these machines. If you want the best this is it I just wish the experience was easier smoother and faster. Show details
Kevin
Kevin

Virtual Pinball

Overall happy with the quality of machine. Build took a little longer than expected do to pandemic related issues. When I initially received my machine there were several issues with tables not working and hesitating, freezing etc. David was helpful in getting all the issues resolved. I agree their responsiveness was a challenge initially. But I recently just had an issue and Dave got back to me promptly. The overall system is a little buggy but overall a decent machine. This has also been my experience with other arcade systems I have ordered from other vendors.
Tom G
Tom G

Made my vpin build so much easier!

I purchased a configured drive to turn my AtGames legends into a fully featured VPIN and this product has saved me so many hours of work. It was mostly plug and play with just some minor configuration that was easy to do with the included YouTube instruction video. Would definitely recommended! Show details
Hayden A.
Hayden A.Gippsland, VIC
dmarcum99
dmarcum99

Awesome way to start you diy pinball journey

I ordered the Ghost spectre USB drive and an SSD drive for my pinball build. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. I had my table working in just a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to using the new table app. Show details

Armored S

Is it legal to sell these machines with the trademark art and games? Currently awaiting a phone call from the ACCC in Australia as well as the USITC here in the US.

Not about to place a bunch of illegal machines in my friends bar.

Gman

David, are you going to provide my refund? Our VCAT "Compulsory conference" will be coming up soon which we can avoid. Though you already need to add $233.80 on to what you already owe me to cover the legal fees I'll be claiming for having to make the application after you ignored Consumer Affairs Victoria's attempts to talk to you and all my attempts. Let's make sure that doesn't need to increase.

That's $6,498.80 you currently owe me.

Gman

To add to the above. There is now a Facebook support group for legal action, assistance and information available. Just search for "RetroPlay Oz "where's my machine or refund" Support Group"... We have 54 members so far :(

trento

I tried to warn many 11months ago. I went through the VCCC and finally got a refund. Good luck. BTW, the guy I believe still lives in Traralgon VIC and shouldn’t be too hard to track down..

Matt Taylor

Hi Dave. I have sent a letter of demand for a refund of my deposit. It is not a surprise I have not heard back from you. Feel free to respond Dave, I will update the progress of this process each week so others can be informed. Matt

jpeerson24

Can you let me know how this goes I’m in the same situation with them.

I have received a refund from Retro Play