Revolut

Revolut

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Revolut? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
  • Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

DAT
DATPerth, WA

Zero stars!

I discovered fraudulent transactions on my account while traveling. I immediately informed Revolut but in the meantime the scammers drew every single cent in my account. Despite countless emails with solid evidence that I can’t be physically present in 2 different continents at the same time, Revolut refused to take responsibility. I am totally disgusted.

My only solution is to report them to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority

Please avoid this company at all costs! They are a bunch of amateurs and scammers!

Absolute SCAM!!

Revolut has lost a $1000 transaction I did to my university and refuses to offer me a refund or Acknowledge their mistake. It’s been almost a year now - they are lying scammers. Please do not join this scam.

Rates and Fees

Disgusting customer service, did not honour their agents words

Asked agent about the referral, and they told me it was for each. However, they did not honour their agents word. Useless customer service. When complaining the next agent conveniently had they shift finish after telling me they would help me, passed me over to someone else that would rather have multiple angry customers than honour their word. Give these guys a wide birth, they won't survive.

Rates and Fees

Worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life

I told Lisa, the human customer service representative my issue several times and she suggested the same solution every time, even though I sent her photos of my screen taken with another phone (because you cannot screen shot) to show her the error.
The most frustrating chat I've ever had in my life. And I've cancelled flights with low cost companies before.

Marina R.
Marina R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst app and customer service to match.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems like a scam!

I have opened an account and deposited some money before they ask me for verification.
Did not make a single transaction. They asked me to verify my account and I submitted my documents.
Then they said my account will be locked and they can not offer me an account.
But they do not let me close my account and withdraw my money.
To me it is called a pure scam!

Absolutely terrible customer service and platform

Had $500 stuck on the app and unable to be withdrawn even after verifying my information.

Customer service kept bouncing me between different people and are not helpful at all - even telling me not to contact them again regarding the issue. Why should I stop contacting them when my funds are stuck on their service? Absolutely frustrating

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Brooke
BrookeSydney, NSW

Terrible!!! Appauling at handling a complaint and failing to fix the problem

Lydia
Lydia

I wish I could give zero stars

I accidentally opened an account with this crowd last Dec and it’s been nothing but pain since. AFCA had to be called in to help. DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT - they are so poor in their customer service and their complaints handling. I am still struggling to close the account since July and getting the same response “it’s being looked into - we are sorry” bla bla bla. Now I will have to go back through the complaints procedure to get the complaint closed and then possibly land it back with the AFCA again when they ignore my request!!!
Wish I had never opened an account and can’t leave reviews anywhere as they have that locked down!

Arun
ArunGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never use Revolut for Forex transfer

Tim R
Tim RSydney, NSW

Great product and best fx rates

One of the cheapest if not the cheapest provider in australia for foreign exchange and travelling overseas. The exchange rates are similar to transferwise but the fees are usually lower.

They also offer some other cool features like disposable cards and crypto investing.

Manne P.
Manne P.South East Queensland, QLD

Can not get my money back or credited to my account

Did a transfer from my business account they did not accept it and say they will send it back to the account it came from thanks fine but its been two months and I am still waiting for my money back. Customer care just say they are working on it.

Darren
DarrenSydney

Disappointing referral sign up

Created an account with a referral code. Later found out I am unable to get the referral bonus because the date I signed up I only had 14 days to make 3 transactions. My card arrived on the 15th day. No where showed that I had 14 days for the campaign until it expired. No warning, no understanding and no hope for this joke.

Dave
Dave

Only good if you can guarantee you won’t need their help

I experienced an issue in which a chargeback request didn’t quite ‘fit’ the remit of the guidelines. Revolut flatout refused. I even had advice from the merchant they’d accept the chargeback. Revolut continued to refuse to submit a ‘good faith’ chargeback despite the merchants advice. I was absolutely horrified that a bank, a digital one at that, wouldn’t support their customers in times of need. I cleared my account and closed it which was a great feeling. I strongly advise against taking up an account, and if you decide to, make sure any purchases are guaranteed not to have issues. Otherwise it’ll cost you more in the long run.

Matt
MattMelbourne

Maddeningly frustrating sign up process - not worth it

Signing up to Revolut is a nightmare, and their product isn't worth the effort. Their 'verification' system of identity documents isn't fit for purpose - endless very clear photos of my passport but their system can't make it out. When it does, the selfie isn't recognised and it's back to square one. Even after all that, verification isn't automatic and has to be "reviewed". There are much better products that do the same job with far less stress. Avoid this one.