Rheem Heat Pump MPi Series 2

Rheem Heat Pump MPi Series 2

551325, 551310, 55127507, etc...

1.4

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Ryan

RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dead after 3 yrs

Extremely over priced. Extremely noisy. Purchased the system in 2017 and now its dead. I cant be clear enough on how noisy it is. Do not buy this product. $3000 and only lasted 3 yrs and it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Their service fees and call out charges are ridiculous. For the love of god do not spend money on a heat pump

Purchased in February 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Ness_mNew South Wales

Wish I could give it zero stars

Purchased in March 2014 at Tradelink for A$3,300.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Ness_m

I’ve sent an email this morning, I am interested to see what response I get. FYI the unit has failed again this morning, no hot water but a solid green light.

Terrible product

Built a new house through Beechwood 2 years ago so didn't really get to chose the brand of hot water system we got.It was our first time having a heat pump so I thought it was great,until out first need for a technician to come and fix it.Tell me the the part has only 1 year warranty.What a joke $270 to fix it and after reading the reviews on here I'm sure there is going to be more repairs.What a waste of money.Stay away from Rheem and Beechwood need start using another company for their new houses. My last house had Hardie Dux and not 1 repair in 10 years.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Stay clear of them.

Have needed to spend what the system cost initially again in repairs over the time I have owned it. Warranty appears worthless. Contacted the number Rheem advises for emergency repair and was told I should find someone myself if it's urgent. I won't bother contacting Rheem again for anything and certainly not a new hot water system.

Purchased in February 2011 for A$3,200.00.

Tony

TonyHunter Region, NSW

Needs fixing in under 5 years

I purchased a MPI 325 unit through Solahart newcastle in September 2014. Recently the TPR valve was gone and it had been leaking hot water and not producing enough hot water.
got the technician out and wants to charge me $260 for a valve replacement.
the 5 year warranty i am now told doesnt cover valves and other bits. very poor unit and from what i read below i am not alone!

Purchased in September 2014 at Solahart Newcastle for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)
Angry Bear

Angry BearSydney, NSW

So far so good

Purchased in August 2019 at Homegas.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Waste Of Money

8 year old unit, has finally died after previous warranty repairs, many of these Rheem units have failed in my area that I know of, disappointing and will not be purchasing any Rheem product again.

Purchased in August 2011 for A$3,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed

2 Heat Pumps in 9 years!! Very poor quality!

Purchased in October 2016.

Z Smith

Purchased in May 2012.

Paul

PaulHunter Region, NSW

Poor Choice - very disappointed at bad investment

Purchased in December 2014 for A$4,800.00.

Mike B

Mike BPerth

Cost $instead of saving money - did not deliver on promise

Unit installed but heat pump did not work from day one. After many attempts to fix with heat pump working for 8 months out of five years Rheem washed their hands of it and told us that as the heat pump was faulty we needed to contact heat pump manufacturer. I don't think its my job to get their third party suppliers to fix equipment supplied under the Rheem name. We have now been paying for direct element water heating for over 4 years which I'm guessing runs into thousands of dollars of extra electricity bills when we thought we were being energy efficient.

Do not buy a Rheem heat pump!!!

Purchased in May 2014.

Household Size 5 person(s)
Unimpressed

Unimpressed

Terrible

Terrible unit! Less than 4 years old completely corroded and ruptured. Flooded our yard and found this when we took the top off! And on the long weekend just too top it off!

Purchased in January 2015.

Rheem A.Rheem

Worst piece of product we have ever had. Never seems to go more than 2 years without problems with the heatpump

Rheem should replace the whole unit with a different technology as clearly they can't make it last in line wit the actual length of service expected from a water heater

Purchased in December 2010.

Bullie

BulliePeel, WA

Total waste of money

Good Morning, after being pressured from our builder to purchase a Reem Heat pump MPi series2 ($2,800.00) now 3 years on we have needed to replace the system with another brand due to the heat pump death on the day before Christmas day and with no warranty due to 3 years old (=$1k per year) I feel the need to expose this poor quality & expensive product for what it is, Rubbish and more land fill.. Rheem you should a shame to sell it to people..

Date PurchasedApr 2015

MikeSydney

Rubbish

Date PurchasedDec 2009
Mike

I have already emailed customer service team with no response.

SnowyDrouin

Ordinary

Called out to repair one of these today. The operation problems and faults were obvious. Complete engineering disaster applenty.
Due to how many of these installed locally we are looking at building a rework kit to save people some money. Unfortunately wont cover take failure.
Rheeme solar hot water is just as bad. Installers and rheem warranty agents dont have a clue.

Date PurchasedDec 2009
Snowy

Thank you Ream Australia for leaving a reply. Now can you kindly return to my original post and read it carefully.

rs2000

rs2000

The worst heat pump period

Date PurchasedAug 2009
Rheem A.Rheem

it ok for summer not winter!!!

Hi everyone my hot water system just work in the summer but winter lucky it works for a few time head from exhausted at work in the winter get into the shower you get what??? What do you feel with that product to sell to public plus at night it makes so much hamming noise and tech come to inspect and goes wo notice

Date PurchasedSep 2009

deesonSouth East Queensland, QLD

RUN AWAY if you are considering buying one of these.

Garbage unit, now 7 years old and I have to replace it. Four warranty call outs in the first 3 years. Wires are burning near a connection and could possibly have caught fire. Worked well for a while but at a 3.5k cost now. RUN AWAY. Judging by recent reviews they arent any better now than when we got ours.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
deeson

Worst pumps and service ever

I’ve called a couple of times as the water seems luke warm intermittently, it’s a big unit and only 3 in the house and we don’t shower for more than 5 mins, so I call the company and the first time it was 5 yrs old out of warranty nothing we can do about it, now again I call and they want to charge me for someone to have a look at it, a HWS should last longer than 5 years, I had the same HWS at my previous house and stuffed up after 3 yrs and they just wipe their hands of you, don’t ever buy a rheem unless you don’t need hot water

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Trent

Trentasked

Heat Pump MPi Series 2 551325

Whts the part number for a thermostat on a MPI-325 intergrated heat pump

Dear Trent.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31 due to the technical information required.

Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Jeff P.

Jeff P.asked

Heat Pump MPi Series 2

I have a Rheem MPi-325 heat pump split (installed 2010) with a noisy fan? It makes a humming/rattling noise when running and I have replaced the rubber spacers which looked a bit shot to me. No change.

I noticed previously if you push a bit on the fan grill the noise reduced a bit.

I also noticed just today when I was near it the noise started but the fan didn't - a slight poke with a twig through the grill got it spinning straight away. So it does not seem to be the fan motor bearings.

Otherwise no problems but am I likely to be looking at a new fan motor?

Dear Jeff.

Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives