Rheem Heat Pump MPi Series 2

551325, 551310, 55127507, etc...
See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rheem

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Bob W
Bob WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rheem heat pump water heaters have been a good investment for us.

We live in Queensland and have two 551310's which were installed in 2007. One had a noisy compressor early which was fixed on warranty. I change the anodes every 3 yrs and one unit's tank has just corroded through now after 14 years. I have replaced it with a 551325. The other unit is still working fine at the moment. Heating is fine summer and winter. Water temperature is as set. Despite other negative reviews, our experience has been good with Rheem heat pump water heaters.

Purchased in July 2007.

Rheem mpi325 crap under 4yrs old fix once now trouble again not working again the $ you spent on this isn’t worth it

Purchased in December 2017.

No service from Rheem

After another breakdown of the heat pump and calling Rheem for service, it turns out Rheem outsourced the service of compressors to another company which doesn't respond. My service call has been with Rheem for 2 weeks and they couldn't get hold of a technician to check the compressor. Will be replacing the heater with another brand for a company that can support its products and stand by it.

Purchased in September 2010.

Andyp
AndypDarling Downs, QLD

Keeps braking down and they will not fix it. - **** BEWARE ****

The heat pump has broken twice in 8 yrs and I haven't bother to get it fixed and it just runs on the element all the time, didn't see the point in wasting more money for it to break again. Total junk beware.

Purchased in September 2012.

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive Mistake...No more RHEEM for me !!!

Purchased in February 2012 at Builder supplied for $3,400.00.

Ryan
RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dead after 3 yrs

Extremely over priced. Extremely noisy. Purchased the system in 2017 and now its dead. I cant be clear enough on how noisy it is. Do not buy this product. $3000 and only lasted 3 yrs and it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Their service fees and call out charges are ridiculous. For the love of god do not spend money on a heat pump

Purchased in February 2017 for $3,000.00.

Ness_mNew South Wales

Wish I could give it zero stars

Purchased in March 2014 at Tradelink for $3,300.00.

Ness_m

I’ve sent an email this morning, I am interested to see what response I get. FYI the unit has failed again this morning, no hot water but a solid green light.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Terrible product

Built a new house through Beechwood 2 years ago so didn't really get to chose the brand of hot water system we got.It was our first time having a heat pump so I thought it was great,until out first need for a technician to come and fix it.Tell me the the part has only 1 year warranty.What a joke $270 to fix it and after reading the reviews on here I'm sure there is going to be more repairs.What a waste of money.Stay away from Rheem and Beechwood need start using another company for their new houses. My last house had Hardie Dux and not 1 repair in 10 years.

Purchased in November 2017 for $3,000.00.

Stay clear of them.

Have needed to spend what the system cost initially again in repairs over the time I have owned it. Warranty appears worthless. Contacted the number Rheem advises for emergency repair and was told I should find someone myself if it's urgent. I won't bother contacting Rheem again for anything and certainly not a new hot water system.

Purchased in February 2011 for $3,200.00.

Tony
TonyHunter Region, NSW

Needs fixing in under 5 years

I purchased a MPI 325 unit through Solahart newcastle in September 2014. Recently the TPR valve was gone and it had been leaking hot water and not producing enough hot water.
got the technician out and wants to charge me $260 for a valve replacement.
the 5 year warranty i am now told doesnt cover valves and other bits. very poor unit and from what i read below i am not alone!

Purchased in September 2014 at Solahart Newcastle for $3,000.00.

Angry Bear
Angry BearSydney, NSW

So far so good

Purchased in August 2019 at Homegas.

Noise Level

Waste Of Money

8 year old unit, has finally died after previous warranty repairs, many of these Rheem units have failed in my area that I know of, disappointing and will not be purchasing any Rheem product again.

Purchased in August 2011 for $3,500.00.

Find out how Rheem Heat Pump MPi Series 2 compares to other Solar Water Heaters

2 Heat Pumps in 9 years!! Very poor quality!

Purchased in October 2016.

Z Smith

Purchased in May 2012.

Paul
PaulHunter Region, NSW

Poor Choice - very disappointed at bad investment

Purchased in December 2014 for $4,800.00.