Rinnai Granada 252

46 questions from our users

Chris

Chrisasked

Granada 252

I purchased this heater recently and it won’t ignite. I’ve used our old heater in case it was the gas point, however it isn’t as my old heater works.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the question. If the heater is less than 30 days old you can return it to the place of purchase for a replacement heater.

We also have a technical help desk available on 1300 555 545 option 3 who can troubleshoot over the phone. Alternatively you can book a service call online here:

Ahmed

Ahmedasked

Granada 252

My portable rennai gas heater does not work at all when I push the button the ignition lit and the heater goes on but i when i leave the button the heater goes of is there any solution?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ahmed, there may be a number of reasons for the heater to not remain on after ignition. We would recommend testing to confirm there is gas to the appliance and if the heater has not been serviced recently, it may need a general service where any fault can be diagnosed.

Joy B

Joy Basked

Granada 252

This is a question for a Rinnai representative. I am looking to purchase a Rinnai unflued portable gas heater. I live in an apartment with a good sized living area encompassing open plan kitchen and dining room. I can't decide between the Granada or the Avenger. How do I choose what is best for me?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Joy, thanks for the question. The most accurate way of working out the best heater is to use the heater selector on the Rinnai website as this takes into consideration all the variables including, area, ceiling height, etc.

You can find the selector here:

Bob Sasked

Granada 252

I have just fitted a natural gas conversion to my Finnair Granada mk11 ,On lighting the heater the pilot light seems too powerful and the heater goes off after about 10-12 seconds any ideas to the cause?Any help would do Bob S

THe Bear
THe Bear

Hi Bob, no have not experienced this problem, we are using bottled gas and all is going well at this stage. Maybe get back to your gas fitter for hjelp. Regards Peter aka THe Bear

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Bob, thanks for the question, we would recommend having the installer return to inspect the unit and the conversion to identify the issue. The unit is shutting down as a safety precaution and would indicate a problem with the installation of the conversion kit.

Bob S

Thank you ,I believe the gas pressure may not be set correctly.I will have it rechecked.Once again Thank You Bob S

Guy S.

Guy S.asked

inlet hose size is it 3/8 so i can get correct new gas hose

Hi Guy,
Thank you for your question. We would recommend contacting our Technical Help desk on 1300 555 545 Option 3 and they can assist you further.

Reza P.

Reza P.asked

Granada 252

does Granada 25 has the same fan assembly as Granada MKII?

Hi Reza P.

Thank you for the question.

Yes, the Rinnai Granada 25 and the Granada MKII have the same fan assembly. The required part number is 90177684.

If you require further assistance, please call our Technical Department on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

JohnCasked

Granada 252

Flame goes after fan has been running for about 10 minutes, when this occurs heater relite flame does not go out if run without fan.

Paul K
Paul K

I've not experienced ths problem on my 2 Rinnai's. It should be a warranty repair issue I would think. Unfortunately, you may have got the "it's time to knock-off and I want a beer, friday 5 mins to 5pm model."

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi John, thanks for the question. There could be a number of things causing the symptoms you are describing. If the unit has not been serviced recently, this may be what is required. We would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue.

You can book a service here:

JohnC

Thank you for that, yes the unit has not been serviced recently and this was also my thoughts. I will book a service though The Gas Connection at Pambula who our local plumber says is an authorised service agency. Again my thanks for the info.

Dan P.asked

Granada 252

G'day guys. I recently purchased a conversion kit to convert my Granada 252 from natural gas to LP portable gas (part no: 90178674). The kit contained only the orifices. The problem is that my LPG line won't fit the connection on the heater. Is there some kind of bush I can use to make it fit, or do I need a new line ? Cheers.

Hi Dan P,

Thank you for your question.

We would recommend contacting our technical help team on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Rinnai Asutralia.

Lukeasked

Granada 252

Hi - I have been offered a Rinnai 252 - model number REH-252UC - apparently this is about 7 years old - wondering if models have changed much and also is it getting a bit old, should i be looking to buy new, or at least later version? Also, I have LPG bottles, with a bayonet fitting to the room - so does this mean a model for propane is right for me ? Thank you, Luke

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Luke, the Granada unit has not been upgraded from the model number mentioned and it is still the current model. As a portable heater you will need the bayonet point to plug in the heater and the model will need to be a propane model to work if you are on LPG.

Great - exactly what I needed to know - thanks

Dan P.asked

Granada 252

Hello. Was just wondering if this model can be converted from natural gas to use LP portable gas ? If it is possible, where can I get a conversion kit and roughly how much do they cost ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Dan P, thanks for the question, the Granada 252 heater can be converted from Natural Gas to LPG. The conversion kit you need is part number 90178674. Most plumbing supply companies can order this in for you. As a manufacturer we do not have prices for the parts but we do recommend sourcing prices from different retailers.

Ben A.
Ben A.

Hi, can you please send us a picture of the part or a link where can I find one. I recently got a rinnai granata 252 UC heater and got confused which part helps to convert from natural gas to Lpg. Thank you for reply quickly.

Dan P.

@Ben A. Contact a plumbers supplies company mate. They will order it for you.

Sassyasked

Granada 252

I have just accidentally purchased a 'propane only' model when the direct gas supply to my home is natural gas. can my heater be converted or will I need to purchase another. many thanks

Hi Sassy,

Thanks for the question. This heater is the same, a conversion kit is available through plumbing suppliers such as Reece Plumbing or Tradelink stores.

The conversion kits must be installed by a licenced Plumber/Gasfitter.

Sassy

thank you for the info. Reece pluming centre I called was unaware of conversion kits but they are following up. can you confirm age of heater with this serial number: 13.03-000853. many thanks

Hi Sassy,

Thanks for the question, from the information provided the heaters manufacturing date is March 2013.

Shalini D.

Shalini D.asked

Granada 252

I have a Rinnai Granada 252 mk II, have recently bought it second hand. I was wondering if it's safe to have the flames rising above the panel,all 3 panels burn orange bright.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Shalini, thanks for the question. The flames should not be rising about the panel and there are a few things this could indicate. Firstly we would recommend ensuring you have the correct gas type for the heater as having the wrong appliance for your situation can cause this extension of the flames.

If this is correct, we would recommend booking a service call to check what is causing the issue. You can book on line here:

Laineasked

Granada 252

i have a Rinnai Granada mk11 what size is the hose connection 3/8 or1/2?

Roger_K

It's the standard Australian bayonet socket. Go to any retailer like Bing Lee and you can see them on any gas heater.

Laine

I know the bayonet end , its the brass nut connection to the heater. Don't know if it is a 3/8 or 1/2 " female nut. Could you please advise me to suit my Rinnai Granada MK 11. Thanks

Hi Laine,

Thank you for your question.

The connection of the hose to heater is 3/8.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact our technical help team on 1300 555 545.

Ella Anderson

Ella Andersonasked

Granada 252

why is the price different for
Rinnai radiant heaters 252 N
and
252 L

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ella Anderson, there is no price difference between the Natural Gas and LPG models of heater, we do recommend checking your local suppliers as as a manufacturer, we do not set a RRP.

Stockists can be found here:

Georgia Blake

Georgia Blakeasked

Granada 252

My rinnai granada fan, became extremely loud, too loud to bare. Is it safe to run the heater without the fan? I don't have a receipt of purchase, how would I go about fixing the fan. thank you

Hi Georgia Blake,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

George radermacher

George radermacherasked

Granada 252

Gas heater smells of oil when going. Have changed to full gas LPG gas bottle. But still smells. Our old rinnai gas heater never smelled of oil. Need to know new rinnai gas heater has oil smell about it

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question George, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3)..

Andy

Andyasked

Granada 252

Can the heater be used without the fan

Hi Andy,

Rileydobe
Rileydobe

I have this heater and you can use it without the fan....

Craig

Craigasked

Granada 252

can I connect a 5mt bbq gas line to the heater so I can have the 9kg gas bottles down stairs. Is it a different end cause I can not screw one on

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Craig, the gas line for our portable heater range cannot be used with a portable gas bottle for safety reasons.

Yang C.

Yang C.asked

Granada 252

I have a Rinnai Gas Heater MKII Granada. It stops in a few minutes. It has been ok for the last 2-3 years. I have cleaned the front frame panels. I cannot find any filter. I would be grateful if you could help me out. It is getting cold.

Thanks in advance,

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Yang, if the heater has not been serviced recently, this may be needed to rectify the issue you are facing. We recommend all gas appliances are serviced every 2 years for optimum safety and efficiency.

Roger_K

The oxygen sensor probably needs to be serviced. That's a safety feature.

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.asked

Granada 252

I bought a new Rinnai 252 Gas Heater and would like the hose changed to 3 mt.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Elizabeth S. This is a spare part for the unit and can be purchased at your local Rinnai stockists. Please click on the following link to find your local store. https://www.rinnai.com.au/store-locator/

Rinnai Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives