Rinnai Sunmaster Range

Hot Sensor Lead

The Hot Sensor Lead (20m) 31002715 has deteriorated after 5 years from the heat of the collector panels.
The 20m lead that is supplied by Rinnai is not heat rated. This is Speaker cable and not suitable for Hot Temp Probes. Silicone coated wire should be for the first meter then speaker cable (fig 8) will be fine.
There is no information in installation manual regarding the specs that the hot temp probe requires. I would like this so i can purchase a non generic brand.

Purchased in November 2014.

BillCentral, SA

don't even consider buying this waste of money

Purchased in November 2016 at McComb Plumbing for $6,900.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Bill

just sent a message to the enquiry address
have sent 2 previous messages with no response
maybe I'll get a reply this time

Worst service ever

Purchased in April 2018.

Richard LSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Nothing but trouble

Richard L

Thank you for responding. I can be contacted on 0404047510 or lamacraft@bigpond.com

Ken Gray

Ken GrayFar North Queensland, QLD

Rinnai Equinox Hot Water SS330H2EXT

This is merely six years old and the tank is bulging and the external plastic has completely broken away. After 2 and a half weeks I cannot even get someone to look at it. Four calls to Rinnai "service" did not get thru. This company is extremely low on customer focus so we would not recommend anything with a Rinnai brand at all based on what happens when you call for help.

Purchased in August 2013 for $6,000.00.

Richard

RichardSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Unreliable not fit for purpose

My unit has now failed for the 9th time in 3 1/2 years. The problem seems to be in the design or manufacture of the pump control system. As a result at night the pumps moves the hot water from the tank and cools it down on the roof. Rinnai are totally unhelpful. The ad hoc solution has been to put a timer in the power supply to the pump so it cannot run at night. To make matters worse the problem is intermittent.

Purchased in September 2015 for $4,918.00.

ASM

ASMNortheast, VIC

Don't Buy... Will not buy again. Pump Failure, Frost Valves Constantly leaking

18 Month old system was installed on new home and is on 3rd warranty call out. Frost valves leak & have been replaced twice, last set have not lasted 8 months. Pump failed tripping the circuit breaker shutting down all hot water supply in a drizzly cold Victorian evening in July and required our 6 month old daughter to be driven to friends house for several days for bathing until Rinnai sent out a technician to replace.

Requested support from Rinnai on full replacement system however pushed back onto technician suggesting they will provide a solution. Next step ACCC to request full replacement.

Purchased in April 2017.

Household Size 1 person(s)
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi ASM, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Thanks,

Pilot_pik

Pilot_pikMelbourne

Reported pump 3 times in last year - it still whines all night!!

I’ve reported that the pump on our Sunmaster 26 has been running all night 3 times since we moved into our new house 18 months ago. Rinnai tell me there’s nothing wrong when there clearly is. The pump whines all night. And you can hear it from our bedroom upstairs. It’s infuriating! Our guest room is downstairs on the adjoining wall and guests complain about the noise too. I do not recommend this system at all!!!!!!

I also fail to understand why the pump runs in the middle of the night. The electricity bill probably negates the benefit of having the panel in the first place.

Rinnai please take this seriously for once and do something about it!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Geoff

GeoffPerth, WA

Warranty periods and labour costs

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the positive review Geoff. We are pleased to have been able to assist you.

Ravi

RaviMelbourne

Worst product and very unfriendly customer service

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Not designed for the intended purpose - Split Solar Hot Water Pannel

Well our second Solar Hot water panel has now started leaking just out of the 7 years warrant by 5 months, the first one started leaking in 2015 and was replaced under warranty. Now just after 3 years the replacement panel is now leaking water from the inside again onto the roof.
The system is a Sunmaster by Rinnai with two solar hot water panels on the roof with the Rinnai continuous flow gas boost, the system is not designed for the intended purpose.

A very poor product that should last more than 3 years without fail, I have been quoted $930 for a replacement panel without any labour. This should be still covered under warranty.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

I.Junarsa

I.JunarsaMelbourne

Bad Product and Worst Service Support

Date PurchasedOct 2016

RFitzy

RFitzyMelbourne

Working well in bad frost area. Be mindful of flat solar panels from any supplier in frost prone are

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Terrible

Panel exploded first time with frost. Could not get through to Rinnai for 4 days as their phones ring out. Then Rinnai tell me it is my fault for calling an independent plumber and paid the plumber. I am very ill and could not wait nearly a week just to get through to Rinnai and ask them to send a plumber to bypass the solar panel. 3 months later am s waiting for a panel Rinnai. Have asked Rinnai to upgrade me to evac tubes but again they are not talking to me. Perhaps I am too polite to them. Do not buy Rinnai

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Not Long Out of Warranty and Solar Panels Fail

Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Leo H

Leo H

Good system if installed properly

Hot water system works flawlessly once installation issue rectified. Temperature sensor wasn't installed properly and the pump ran all night. Once this was fixed it works great. Use very little gas boosting in summer. Always have hot water available.

After 9 years a record frost resulted in one of the panels leaking. I would have thought it's frost protected, so a plumber will have to come and check it. Hence only 4 stars. But overall, happy with the system.

Date PurchasedMay 2008

disrespected_dream

disrespected_dreamVictoria, 3027

Terrible service

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Solar hot water does not save money bad water pressure after install

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Sunmaster 215L

System works well when it has no faults! Minor problems I've had to date: Plastic non return valve built into system melted - not rated to handle the high temperatures (replaced with a 250deg external one). Bleed valve on collectors failed - replaced - expensive for what it is - bad design - needs to be more than what looks like a bicycle valve!. Hot sensor failed (three times open/intermittent) so pump runs at night cooling the hot water - defeats the purpose of solar hot water. Technical documentation regarding sensors (are they PTC or NTC & resistance change per degree of temperature) non existent and not forth coming from Rinnai (very frustrating) just buy an expensive new one from Rinnai! +$40, for a 50cent part!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
GrumpyTechie
GrumpyTechie

Bleed valve crapped itself again after just one year in service! Going to replace it with a 3/8" brass ball valve - this is the option Rinnai should take and stop being cheapskates!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Grumpy Techie. We'd like to help further with the information you are after. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au with your details, mentioning this review and we will have one of our technical staff contact you.

Joe A

Joe Aasked

Sunmaster Evacuated Tube System

Why dose my pump whine all day and night has done from new 2017 Evacuated 25 tube
Regards
Joe

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Joe A, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Joe A

Joe Aasked

Sunmaster Evacuated Tube System

Regards
Joe

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Joe A, we would recommend speaking with our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3

Richard L

There seems to be a fault in the system which allows the pump to run at night. My pump is very quiet

Lateasked

our rinnai sunmaster solar hot water system is leaking from the outlet when i turn off the water supply on unit it continues to leak, however when i turn mains off it stops. Why isn't the valve on the hot water unit turning off water ?

Richard L

Where is the leak? I have 2 valves on the storage unit. One on the supply side and one on the discharge side. If you only turn off the one on the discharge side the unit will still be under pressure and might leak. In any event sounds like you need a plumber.

Late

thanks but don't really want a plumber on a sunday, surely you can turn water off to unit, without having whole house off as well

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Late. We would recommend speaking with our technical help desk who can offer further help on 1300 555 545 option 3 or technical@rinnai.com.au

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives