1,138

Linda O.

Linda O.South East Queensland, QLD

Have had to claim twice now...so easy!!

Like any insurance policy you wonder if it's worth it, however my claims for my very active Irish Terrier (laceration) and (leg injury) have always been easy to Claim and definitely worth the peace of mind with an eight year old dog that thinks she's a youngster and still tries to climb trees ;-)

Claim DateMarch 2019

Jeannie

JeanniePerth

Claims always dealt with promptly

I have had 2 dogs insured at separate times over 13 years.
having had made many claims for both dogs I have only had 2 occasions when I wasn`t happy with service,
one claim was found in my favour and the other wasn`t.

Jennifer

JenniferNortheast, VIC

Excellent customer service

Georgia was very friendly and informative. I was very appreciative of her care and patient approach. I was able to get the cover I wanted in an informed relaxed way.

Claim MadeNo

We are so grateful! We would not have been able to save our boy without RSPCA.

Yes. The lodging process was super easy to follow and we received fast service. There were no problems whatsoever, and we have been with RSPCA for about 8 months. No regrets at all.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Disappointing

As dogs age behavioural problems caused by cognitive and affective decline become increasingly prevalent, and increasingly expensive - through no fault of the owner. The failure to provide insurance cover for the veterinary treatment of these problems - which can be critical to an animal's well-being - is very disappointing.
Similarly, the exclusion of dental costs.

Codsta

CodstaSydney, NSW

So Affordable!!

The consultant was very helpful and knowledgeable with everything and laid out all the information with me. The prices are very competitive and I am very happy with the level of cover I am getting and would recommend them to anyone! Me and my housemate both have dogs and are both covered with RSPCA. We hold them and their insurance in very high regards!

Number of Pets2 pets

Hi Codsta,
What an amazing review. I am delighted to hear that you found our consultant knowledgeable and helpful and our price completive on setting up this policy. Thank you for your great recommendation and your support.

Dogmum

DogmumSydney, NSW

Overseas call centre nightmare

The insurance is good, its pays out with a fairly easy process but an overseas call centre with a start prompt that matches the frustration of centrelink is just awful....

Number of Pets3 pets

Helen

HelenPerth, WA

Such a great insurance company

Policy is great value, easy to set up online & on the phone, claim benefits are fantastic & only take a few days after lodging one.
Been with RSPCA for a few years & wont be going to anyone else.

Hi Helen,
What a great review. We are always happy to receive positive feedback and to hear that you find your policy to be good value and benefits fantastic. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Julie

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very quick service.

I joined RSPCA insurance 10 months ago and this was my first claim. Very easy to claim and settled very quickly. Very happy with the service so far. I will recommend to my friends.

Hi Julie,
What a wonderful review. I am excited to hear that your first claim with us was lodge easily and settled quickly. Thank you for sharing your experience and for your recommendation.

Jim

Jim

Perfect for my dog

The customer consultant made it easy and informative to set up. Answered all my enquires. No claim lodged and first time user. Policy covers all that is necessary for my puppy.

Review of company

We have been members for approx 3.5yrs n have made 2 significant claims n had no problem. Would recommend.The only suggestion would be to update the claim record tracking online

Rino P.Perth, WA

Friendly , Helpful advice. Very efficient, service.

I was just online comparing pet insurance quotes. and what they had to offer. I found RSPCA Had offered me a very great deal to good to refuse. Thank you.

Hi Rino,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option is suitable to your needs and of the great service that you have received.

JohnIllawarra, NSW

Appalling

Such is your product we will cancel our pet policy. We have always been a very supportive fan of RSPCA, but now ....... just appalling.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi John,
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our policy and I would like the opportunity to look into your experience for you. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

John

No need to be too concerned Sharon, we will cancel both our pets policies. However, the sad collateral damage is our total 180 degree turn of our once favourable sentiment for RSPCA, including our lifelong adoption of our pets from RSPCA.

Heather

HeatherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Claims are always processed really quickly and without hassle.

Everytime I've put a claim through it has been processed without delay. I normally get half back what I spend, so has saved me a great deal in some instances!

Hi Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and assist in providing support for your pet, when needed.

Radi

RadiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great offer and excellent customer service

New dog owner
Great customer service and information
Happy either offer and service received
I have not used pet insurance before nor claim.
Hopefully my new addition to family will adjust well and be healthy

Recent claim for major illness of our Golden Retriever

Our Golden Retriever was under intensive care in a vet hospital for a week last month. The standard of care was very good but the cost was high. Thankfully, RSPCA Pet Insurance covered around 80% of that cost. Our dog is now back home and doing well.

Brian Smith

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sharon.

Robert

RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pet Insurance

A pet cat received an injury to her right ear, requiring surgery by our vet. RSPCA Pet Insurance covered 75% of the costs of the procedure (as per policy). All was good.

Serina

SerinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yay... My fur baby is covered!

So easy to set up online and the fact your helping other animals in need at the same time is fantastic. So absolutely happy the my fur baby is covered. Have had great reviews from friends who have signed up with this pet insurance.

Mihi

MihiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I find pet insurance so much easy to use

I just wish when you desex you get more from your insurance as it can cost alot of money, especially for a female,.
I just find there isnt alot of rebate back to the customer

Hi Mihi,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Keeping an open dialogue is how we improve the service we offer to our customers, and your feedback will assist with this.

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Needs to have option of gap only considering of changing to pet insurance Australia

Ok value within a 1week 2yrs. Would be good if RSPCA offered gap only payment as Pet Insurance Australia has just started offering that option. Gap only cover makes a visit to the vets more affordable

Angela

Thanks for getting back to me. I rand RSPCA pet insurance they informed me the RSPCA Pet Insurance doesn't do gap only payment, so when did this become available. Regards Angela Pascal

Anne_B

Anne_Basked

Why does RSPCA pet insurance require all medical notes in order to assess claims? This isnt Necessary for human health insurance where an itemised bill is adequate.
Is this documentation being utilised to assess risk and increase premiums as the pet ages?

Hi Anne_B,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. When submitting your first claim, we require your pets full vet history to assist in understanding aspects of your claim to ensure it is processed correctly and fairly.

Jenny R.

Jenny R.asked

do you cover ultasounds for pregant dogs ?

Hi Jenny,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. We have certain terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations that help keep premiums low. These include, but are not limited to, conditions such as pregnancy, elective procedures, pet foods/diets, grooming and medical conditions that are present or that you were aware of (or that a reasonable person in your circumstances should have been aware of) prior to the policy commencement date or that arise during the applicable waiting period.

L H.

Any pre existing conditions will be declined for the life of your pet. The policy definition is lengthy.

Pre-existing Condition means any Condition(s) or symptoms or signs of that Condition occurring or existing in any form prior to the Commencement Date or during any applicable Waiting Period. Including but not limited to:
any cruciate ligament Condition; a Recurring Condition; any Skin Condition (as defined); latent infectious Conditions thatmanifest within a known incubation period indicating clear evidence that the Condition had existed prior to theCommencement Date; any Condition in remission at the time of the insurance application;
any seasonal Condition; Conditions currently or previously being controlled by medication(s); or and whether or not diagnosed or treated by a Vet. (If your Pet has a Pre-existing Condition, please also refer to definitions for a Related Condition and a Bilateral Condition).

Tarni.G

Tarni.Gasked

Do I have to pay for vaccines then make a claim

Hi Tarni,
Thank you for your question. When submitting a claim, you are required to include a copy of both the itemised invoice and the consultation notes from your vet visit. As an itemised invoice is required, you would need to pay for the treatment prior to submitting your claim.

L H.

The way it works in practice is that you pay the vet, submit a claim online to RSPCA, they send you a letter in the post and ask you to provide the vet notes, or that the claim has been declined which frequently happens. You then ask ask your vet to send the vet records to rspca and then after a while you either receive a refund which is often less that you expect of the claim is declined which happens often. Example, of declining claims, my dog had a sore ear 7 years ago and just before he was insured, 7 years later a claim for an ear infection was declined because it was a 'pre existing condition'. My dogs got kennel cough even after vaccination, that is not covered. Lots of things not covered, beware. And processing claims is very slow and laborious and premiums are stepped which means they increase ever year. Cancelling is another problem, if you pay monthly and make a claim, and then want to cancel rspca insurance will tell you you have to keep paying for the entire year even if you want to cancel. This can amount to hundreds of dollars depending on your premiums. Think again before signing up for rspca pet insurance, or probably any others.

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives