See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by RSPCA Pet Insurance

Pros

Quick to process claims
Helpful, friendly customer service

• 1-2 weeks (893)
    • 2-4 weeks (364)
    • 1-2 months (117)
    • 3+ months (71)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2,497) · No (214)

RodneyWheatbelt, WA

The gap payment system.

As a pensioner I would not have money on hand to pay for an expensive consultation or to see a specialist if necessary. Having access to the gap payment system would probably save my pets life. I thank you.

Thanks,

Janice Lee
Janice LeeCanberra 2600, ACT

Very easy to claim, price is reasonable as well.

We have a 8 months old puppy and have a few scares to the vet. So far the claim has been quick and seamless. Really provided us with a peace of mind.

Claim Made Yes
Tim tamz
Tim tamzPerth, WA

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Pricing is fair for the policy. Communication is excellent when submitting a claim. Very quick response time. Claim was resolved within a few days of submitting the claim through on their portal. Money was in our account within the week of our dog having surgery. We have used them for over 2 years, and are very happy with the easy process, fair policy pricing and easy to use portal when making a claim. Thanks!

Best Pet Insurance!

I have been with the RSPCA pet insurance for approximately 9 years and have nothing but praise for the service I receive.
Claims are settled promptly and the level of communication is outstanding.
The cover I have chosen suits me perfectly and meets the needs of my dog.

Jenni
Jenni

Excellent Claims Handling Process

My claims were handled so quickly and efficiently. No drama, just a prompt payment which alleviates a lot of stress. Having pet insurance really does make a significant difference as you never know what can happen. Thanks RSPCA - awesome service.

Lauren Dodd
Lauren DoddSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Easy to claim and got a great return

My first claim experience was a positive one. I received about 90% of my vet bill back! The claim process was quick to lodge and they assessed it quickly too.

Good experience

Easy to set up when i finally decided to go with RSPCA. I am a new customer. I feel it is good value for my furbaby. 30 words is too long

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Debbie
DebbiePerth, WA

Claim process is so easy, this is a must for any pet lover.

Exceptional value, my fur baby has been insured for 4 years. I've had 2 claims* non life threatening)and received the money back within days. Its reassuring knowing your vet can take of your pet and lodge your claim. I never need to worry about vet expenses again.

Molly
MollyCentral Queensland, QLD

Our pet insurance is a life saver.

We had to take our pet to a specialist and we received a pre-approval straight away without any fuss. We have pet insurance with RSPCA for about 5 Years and could not be happier.

Find out how RSPCA Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

No more worrying about my Cats care

I do think it's valuable and worth the cost knowing if my cat gets hurt or sick she's covered including her yearly check-up and vaccinations. And they are in the gap program. I lost a cat a few years ago due to second hand baiting she was poisoned and I couldn't afford to try and save her. It broke my heart so when I was ready for another cat I made sure I got insurance. Sometimes it's a bit of a struggle to pay because I am on a low income but they allow you to easily catchup and I have peace of mind

Claim Made Yes
sensei
senseiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Peace of mind !!!!

Easy organise. Great to get my pet medical help when I know RSPCA Pet Insurance is there for me! Was so well organised that the Animal Hospital processed the claim for me and I only had to pay a small gap.

Flawless care

During a time of great stress for our family - RSPCA insurance was swift in processing all claims, very clear with with zero paperwork. The stemless nature of their processes is refreshing.

Hi Tanya,
We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with your claim and that we could assist you during such a stressful period. Thank you for sharing your review with us, we appreciate your feedback.

Ryan
RyanDarling Downs, QLD

Easy process, quick return

Process was straight forward and had my rebate in less than two days. All done online no need for any further forma to be filled out. Simple system to use

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for sharing your claims experience with us and for letting us know that our pet portal was easy to navigate online. We appreciate your feedback and for taking the time in providing us with your review.

Stefan
StefanVictoria

I'm happy with the service provided.

I have been a member of RSPCA pet Insurance for a few years now. In that time I've had to make a few claims, which have always been easy to do, and claims have been processed and paid out in a quick and efficient manner.

Fast and Easy Claim

The claim process has always been easy and it is processed very quickly with money back in my bank account. I am happy with how attentive and efficient they are to my claims. Although not cheap so far I am sticking with RSPCA Pet Insurance.

Rajdevinder S.asked
RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi I would like to cancel my pet insurance.
I already email a week ago but no reply from anyone
Raj

Hi Rajdevinder,
Thank you for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that you plan on cancelling your policy. I have escalated your query to our team who will be in touch to assist further.

Hi Rajdevinder,
I understand that our team has tried to contact you however was unsuccessful. If there is a suitable time you wish to be contacted, can you please let us know and that can be arranged on your behalf.

Thanks Scott today anytime after 3 pm would be fine

Maggie
Maggieasked
RSPCA Pet Insurance

My cat has injured her back, X-rays have come back clear, she still cannot climb or spring my vet said she may need a mri in this covered under my policy I have $11.000 year policy

Hi Maggie,
I understand that one of our team members has reached out and assisted with your query. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

Karbie
Karbieasked
RSPCA Pet Insurance

Is $1200 excessive for a tooth removal (cracked from antler) clean, X-rays and general anaesthetic etc. Unfortunately nothing can be claimed with my RSPCA insurance. I like our vet, but seems to be a lot.

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives

About RSPCA Pet Insurance:

RSPCA Pet Insurance covers up to 80% of eligible vet bills, with no excess for you to pay, if your cat or dog gets sick or injured. Depending on your level of cover, you can claim up to $20,000 per year.

You can choose from four levels of cover:

• RSPCA Ultimate Plus Accident & Illness Cover
  • RSPCA Ultimate Accident & Illness Cover
  • RSPCA Economy Accident & Illness Cover
  • RSPCA General Accident & Illness Cover

RSPCA Pet Insurance also offers a 10% multi-pet discount, letting you save more if you have more than one furry friend. To make things simpler, you can also submit and track claims and manage your policy online.

If a vet is licensed and registered in Australia, then they will accept RSPCA Pet Insurance.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that RSPCA Pet Insurance processed their claims very quickly - even more hefty claims.
  • They also said that the RSPCA customer service representatives they talked to were helpful and friendly, and were generally hassle-free to deal with. Some said that the consultant they spoke to walked them through all their options and took the time to make sure they understood everything.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how easy it was to set up and manage their policy.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

RSPCA Pet Insurance is the proud recipient of a 2022 ProductReview.com.au Award, winning out in the Pet Insurance category. Its great customer service and transparency helped it win an Award this year.

Compare all 4 RSPCA Pet Insurance
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,200$1,000IncludedIncluded
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$500Subject to overall annual limit only
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)IncludedIncluded
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days30 Days
Condition Limit$2,000 per condition (General Accident & Illness Cover only)
Compare all 4 RSPCA Pet Insurance