This is perfect for my pet.

1.I felt the policy was of good value for my pet and was easy to set up.
2.I lodged an online claim which was processed and approved in timely manner.
3.Very new to this insurance company.

Hi Cheryleen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and that we have been able to assist with your claim.

Great value

Yes easy and breezy to set up and no trouble at all.
Its good to know my cats will be looked after with their insurance. And that I can use it at any vet.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Kimberly

KimberlyNorthern Region, NSW

Best thing you could ever do for your pets life

Great customer service and very easy to set up would definitely recommend to family and friends
Only took very little time to set up
Worth the money for the piece of mind

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Very reassuring to have in case needed

Easy to set up & very happy with lady from rspca to set up with obtaining my policy. Hope not to have to use it but good to have it in place

Hi Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received.

Connie

Connie

My dogs are covered. I dont need to worry and I am happy.

Very fast to get the resolution about 3 to 4 days. I like the message about receipt of the claim. But I prefer paperless on the resolution, use the email or message for the resolution of my claim.

Hi Connie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear that we can assist with your claims and I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the relevant team.

Kristy

KristySydney, NSW

Awesome service and quick

Online claim system is very easy and my claim was processed very quickly!!!!

The claim refund amount was deposited into my account within days!!!!

I Highly recommend RSPCA Pet Insurance

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Awesome protection & peace of mind

The policy is everything I was looking for and great value , I haven't made a claim as only just got the policy and hopefully won't have to. I'm very reasured now as I know I have the policy for my precious lil girl.

Hi Kaylee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option and the peace of mind, knowing that your little girl is covered.

angelo t.

angelo t.South East Queensland, QLD

The worst experience ever

Takes ages to get a staff member on the phone. The service is very slow and dodgy as each staff member will give you different information. I had to attempt multiple times to get a proper answer.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2018

Hi Angelo,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear that this has not occurred on your recent contact with us. I have sent you a private message in regards to this.
Jessica

Best thing I ever did was get pet insurance

My dog suffers allergies so its great value for me, Ive been insured about a year and a half and my claims take around a few days to a week and I get a lot of my money back, its been a god send

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Hi Sheridan,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear that we can assist with your claims and provide you with cover that is suitable to you and your pets needs.

Joanna

Joanna

Really fast and good service

Fast accurate service. The first claim we did for Dusty a few months ago took a very long time. Since then I did raise this concern and they have followed up on my claims much quicker. Thank you for that

Hi Joanna,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear there was a delay with your first claim for Dusty, however I am pleased that subsequent claims have been finalised more promptly.

Heather

HeatherPerth, WA

This is great cant live without it

This is amazin and I wouldnt go with anyone else thank you Iv only come a member today but Im so happy right now and the price is just right

Hi Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to you and your pets needs.

Catherine

CatherineDarling Downs, QLD

AMAZING service.

I have been with RSPCA pet insurance for 5 years, the service has always been easy with updating address and vet information.
When my dog was unfortunately attacked the claim process was fast and efficient making a bad situation easier.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good cover, reasonable amount back.

I have been with RSPCA for over a year now for our dog. I do think the policy we chose is very useful and value for money, and with little claims I had no issues. However, with claims for more serious injuries, I found that there were numerous requests for information, that I had already provided. When I called, the customer service agent told me there were 'gaps' in my vet history, and it took much convincing for her accept that was because my dog had simply not been injured or sick for 6 months. Eventually we got there, but it would have been better if I didn't have to spend so much time on the phone explaining. Perhaps an online option to advise when this is the case would be better. Overall though, happy with the cover.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Leah

LeahSydney, NSW

Awesome covers everything at a reasonable price

Haven't lodged a claim yet. But sounds great, peace of mind knowing our pets will be looked after. Never had pet Insurance before i know i will be very happy all round

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

We have certainly been well rewarded by this cover.

We have submitted many claims over the years. All have been dealt with promptly. I believe I supporting an organization that at its heart, cares for animals. We have more than one pet insured with RSPCA.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and in providing support for your pets, when needed.

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney Surrounds, NSW

It has made claiming for my dog so easy!!!

Super easy to set up, equally as easy to lodge a claim! It only took less than 4 days to resolve my claim, over a long weekend too!
We have been with RSPCA for over 6 years

Kerri

KerriSydney, NSW

Awesome

Easy to set up- not stressful at all
Claim was attended to very efficiently - advised with an SMS to let me know that it had been received.
We have been with RSPCA for at least 10 years

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Hi Kerri,
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty over the past 10 years, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear that we can assist with your claims and assist in providing support for your pets, when needed.

Autumn S.

Autumn S.South East Queensland, QLD

cat lover

i would rather support RSPCA than any other company easy to set up.
given the option when to start payments. its great I would recommend it
highly to any animal lover who wants to support a company who works tirelessly
to help animals in need.

Tracey W.

Tracey W.South West, WA

Super Easy & Fast Claim!!!

We have only been with RSPCA Pet Insurance for 6 months and we had to lodge our first claim after our bulldog got a gunky eye and some hot spots. The claim process was super easy and the funds back in our account within a few working days!!!

Hi Tracey,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am pleased to hear that we could assist with your claim and I hope that your bulldog is recovering well.

Nic

NicFar North Queensland, QLD

Must have for every pet owner!

Amazing customer service. Easy online claims process and super quick pay out (2 business days in my case). The online portal is very convenient. Great peace of mind knowing this is in place if we need it!

Tarni.G

Tarni.Gasked

Do I have to pay for vaccines then make a claim

Hi Tarni,
Thank you for your question. When submitting a claim, you are required to include a copy of both the itemised invoice and the consultation notes from your vet visit. As an itemised invoice is required, you would need to pay for the treatment prior to submitting your claim.

Meesh S.

Meesh S.asked

Before I choose RSPCA injury and illness pet insurance cover, I’m wondering if it will cover consultations and treatment due to a yeast infection in his ear/s?? as he’s prone to them and so is his breed.
Micha & Rocky

Hi Micha & Rocky,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. The intention of RSPCA Pet Insurance is to help Cover unforeseen Vet Expenses associated with Pet ownership. However not all expenses are covered. If your pet has experienced yeast infections of the ears prior to the Commencement Date or during any applicable Waiting Period, it may be considered a Pre-existing Condition. Further information is available in our Product Disclosure Statement; https://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/RSPCA/media/Documents/rspca-policy-booklet.pdf or alternatively, I can arrange for a team member to contact you. If you would like a call, please send me a private message with your contact details.

Sue Cooperasked

Hi team
I changed from my previous insurance company who I had been with for over 8 years (with very few claims) as I was unhappy with the changes in my policy and had read so many good reviews about RSPCA.
I had my dog examined by the vet to complete the cruciate ligament form late afternoon on 18 April and posted it the next day (Good Friday) in a post box outside my local post office.
I received a letter dated 5 May saying the form would not be accepted as it was received more than 14 days after examination date and I would have to visit my vet again at my cost and resubmit the form.
I called your office today and was informed the form was received 3 May ... 1 day after the 14 days allowed!
Surely there could be an allowance made for the Easter and Anzac Day public holidays with Australia Post delivery times?
I do not have access to a fax and was only told today that it is possible to email the form (which is not stated on the form).
I’m really not happy with having to pay another examination fee when through no fault of mine the form arrived 24 hours after the designated time frame!
Can you please reconsider before I have to visit the vet tomorrow evening for another examination?

GenevieveC
GenevieveC

I think that your insurance company should pay you as well and do not go to the vet because really, if you can keep your animal in good health, it is better than going to the vet. They only make money and good one at that.

Hi Sue,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to learn of your experience when submitting your cruciate ligament form. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. Can you please send your policy number in a private message together with your contact number and I will arrange for this to be escalated to our Customer Resolutions Officer.
Tess

Thanks Tess
I’m not sure how to send a PM ?

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives

RSPCA Pet Insurance Basic Accident Only Cover

RSPCA Pet Insurance Basic Accident Only Cover

CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Contact Number 1300 881 4921300 881 4921300 881 492
Email Address enquiries@rspcapetinsurance.org.auenquiries@rspcapetinsurance.org.auenquiries@rspcapetinsurance.org.au
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Annual Benefit Limit$11,000$11,000$7,000
Amount of Vet Bill CoveredUp to 80%Up to 75%Up to 80%
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedNot Included
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis$1,200$1,000Not Included
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$500 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 DaysNot Applicable