4.1 (1,419)
    4.3 (1,251)
    4.3 (1,429)

Very Disapointed

I am sick and tired of answering the same questions every time I make a claim. I feel that you are staling .It takes about a month to receive a settlement.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Emma

EmmaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing service

Only been with u since April. So easy to set up and no time at all to receive completed claims. I was amazed and so happy with how quick it was

Alyssa

AlyssaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best decision I’ve made!

Really reassuring to know that if anything happens to my baby that we have her covered and she can get the treatment she needs. Absolutely worth each and every dollar!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
DJW

DJWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Generous support when you need it

I often forget I have this insurance (thankfully over 12 years I haven't needed it too much). I am pleased I have it and wish MY health insurance was as supportive! I like how it's so easy now to claim via the vet - because when I have needed to claim, my head is not fully engaged and is more concerned about my pet.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

So quick and efficient

I am so impressed with how easy the claim process was, how quick the funds were deposited into my account and how much I got back. The claim took less than a week. Thankyou RSPCA

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent

The policy is good value and easy to set up. I was impressed as it was a fast resolution of claim- within a week. I have been with RSPCA for over 3 years.

Adrienne

AdrienneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just purchased policy

Still early days as only just purchased the policy.
Customer sales person Sebastian very helpful and professional.
A little more costly than other companies, but higher coverage across the board.
Have purchased a previous dog through RSPCA

Hi Adrienne,
I'm glad to hear our team member Sebastian was helpful and able to set up a policy for you that suits you and your dog's needs. I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us, Thank you and welcome to RSPCA.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can’t afford to not have insurance!!

Policy is fine. Most insurance policy’s are the same. I went with the RSPCA based on the name being familiar to me; trusted and known service provider. Otherwise it’s only been one day since I signed up lol

Robert Rath

Robert RathSydney

Poor policy with many exclusions

I have just cancelled by pet insurance policy with RSPCA as they continued to decline to pay benefits. The broad exclusion of "Pre Existing Condition" means a case a ring worm as a puppy excludes any future skin condition from being paid even though our vet acknowledges that these conditions are unrelated. I have started a bank account and will deposit the same premium I was paying into that account each month. RSPCA what a scam.

Claim ApprovedNo
Gina B

Gina BPerth, WA

Hoping I never have to use it.

Only just taken the policy out. It was easy to follow. The phone setup and being given all the options was great. Can't wait to get my little man home.

Hi Gina,
Thank you for taking the time to share you review with us, we really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear the setup of your policy was met with ease and found a cover that suits you and your little man's needs.

New puppy

Renew with RSPCA again with our new puppy. Where fantastic with the last dog with all that happen. So once more with RSPCA again. Great value for the dollars pent on the last dog .

Peter

PeterPeel, WA

Only just signed up but Irene was helpful, considerate and highly professional. She was lovely.

Haven't made a claim yet so will see when the crunch time comes, but, it seems good value for money atm. The policy and conditions seem to be clear and broad enough to cover most issues we want to cover.

Easy Claims

Despite Layla's premium now being over $1000 a year I still feel it is good value. Layla is 10yrs old & has a history of pancreatitis. We have had a couple of big claims paid without question. She is now having treatment for arthritis. I like the security of knowing we wouldn't have to pay a huge bill if she got very sick again or got injured in an accident.

Gabriel

GabrielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very thorough and considerate service

It is a great value.
My claim took 2 weeks, because my bank details needed to updated and some documents were incomplete.
My dogs have been RSPCA pet insurance for 5 years or more.

Terrible service

Challenging to get a claim processed and over a month later still not resolved.

Long wait times to call for service and then got a consultant who has trouble with English.

Would not recommend.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Hi Emily,
I am sorry to hear of your recent claiming experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you and have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

emily

emilySydney, NSW

Happy with the service

Yes I do feel it is good value, we lodged a claim around 2 months ago and was resolved in about a week (could have been quicker). Around 6 months

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019

Hi Emily,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with us. I am pleased to hear of the great service that you have received and that we could assist with your claim, when needed.

Willis

WillisMurray Mallee, SA

New customer

Only joined a couple days ago and can't really give much input other then the guy I spoke to on the phone was great to talk to and quite helpful.

Rabbitouse

RabbitouseAU

Easy claim process. Fast approval

We didn't think that we would need to use it much, but it turns out we need it more than we think. The claim process has been quite easy and the refund comes back within a couple of days.

Hi Rabbitouse,
It's a pleasure to hear we've been able to help when you and your dog need it most. Thank you for taking the time to share your claim experience with us, we really appreciate it.

Annemaree G.

Annemaree G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome

Awesome value and also a savour i have st started my policy and they look after me so well too for my animals i really do not regret it at all

Hi Annemaree,
What a lovely review. I'm glad to hear you have found value in your policy and that we can offer you peace of mind for your pets. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Cloud

Cloud

Easy to join

Have just joined and the process was very easy and I was called within minutes of getting an online quote
Not sure about some of the terms/conditions (e.g. considering a grass seed a pre-existing condition) but will find out over coming years how helpful or not this insurance will be.

Cat

Catasked

I currently have pet insurance with another company that I am dissatisfied with. We have served the waiting period for that company and are almost at the end of our first year of insurance, which is now up for renewal. If we move and take out insurance with RSPCA, will we still need to serve a 30 day waiting period?

Hi Cat,
Thank you for reaching out. RSPCA Pet Insurance has the following waiting periods when taking out a new policy:
No waiting period for accidental injuries, 30 days for Illnesses and 6 months for cruciate ligament conditions. The waiting period for cruiciate ligament conditions may be waived on application refer to the relevant Policy Booklet for more information.
If you would like to discuss this further, please respond to my private message with your name and contact details and I will arrange for one of our team members to contact you.

Helen B.asked

Hello, my 3 year old dog is going to the vets for x-rays next week to see if she has hip dysplasia. (showing symptoms) Will she be covered if the vet advised a hip replacement?
many thanks.

Hi Helen,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your query and I hope that your pet is doing well. I would like to arrange for one of our team to contact you to discuss this directly to confirm policy specifics. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Hi Helen,
Thank you for providing us with your details. I understand that a member of our team has been in contact and assisted with your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hi, Jessica
Yes, thank you for your quick response and from your team. You all have been very helpful in my inquiry
Kind regards :)

Anne_B

Anne_Basked

Why does RSPCA pet insurance require all medical notes in order to assess claims? This isnt Necessary for human health insurance where an itemised bill is adequate.
Is this documentation being utilised to assess risk and increase premiums as the pet ages?

Hi Anne_B,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. When submitting your first claim, we require your pets full vet history to assist in understanding aspects of your claim to ensure it is processed correctly and fairly.

Mel
Mel

They employ teams of people to reject claims and require medical history to find an out clause that most of us don't realise are in our policies, even vets agree that these policies are a rip off.

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives