4.2 (3,094)
    • 1-2 weeks (692)
    • 2-4 weeks (305)
    • 1-2 months (104)
    • 3+ months (53)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1,853) · No (175)

Pug Mum

Pug MumSydney, NSW

Good to have when you need it

It is the product we needed at just the right time, had this policy for a number of years with minimal claims but it came in handy in the past 12 months.

Charlene

Charlene Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Best thing I ever done

I didn’t need insurance until my dog was older and now I use it all the time. It’s piece of mind knowing my dog is getting the best treatment needed

Elle

Elle Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely happy

I have been a member for 2 years fast turnaround extremely happy
Easy to process claims on line bu uploading receipts and user friendly .
Money claimed directly into account which is fantastic

Cleo

CleoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service

Easy to set up, easy to claim, claims settled quickly.
I wouldn't choose anyone else.
Been with RSPCA PET INSURANCE for 6 months and our puppy has had a few health issues which have been dealt with professionally and quickly.

Drama in TWO acts: 1. Nice welcome 2. We got you we do not care anymore

there

thereSydney, NSW

hard to claim

the policy was easy to set up. we had this RSPCA pet insurance for more then four years. this this our second claim for taking the dog to the vet to check out the cut on it's right leg. The claim was put in for a week now and we haven't hear anything back yet.

Gina C.

Gina C.Sydney, NSW

The cover I have has been suitable to date. I’m glad I chose RSPCA Pet Insurance for my dog.

I feel the policy is a bit expensive but not much different to other providers. My claims have been processed in reasonable time. I’ve been with RSPCA for 6-7 years

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Biggest waste of money ever.

When i needed to claim i was denied claiming it was a pre existing condition for our puppy which was not the case.

I wont waste our time or effort if theres just excuses that come back!

Indignant pet owner

Indignant pet ownerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too expensive!

Mimi

Mimi

Great service and coverage

So easy to set up and customer service was great. Will definitely tell my family and friends about the coverage. I can now rest easy that my fur baby will be safe

LifePunk

LifePunkSydney, NSW

Worthwhile but process could improve

Firstly you can’t provide quality feedback in 30 words but I’ll try. Two claims. Two assessors. Same requests. No comms between them. Long waits on phone. Finally resolved. Paid timely.

Bec

BecNew South Wales

Everyone should have pet insurance

My policy is great value, easy to set up online.
I have lodged several claims with 2 claim reviews, it took about 2 weeks for the results to come from the review with funds a couple of days later.
I have been with Rspca since June last year.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful consultant

Claim MadeNo
Aaron

AaronMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome.

Made my 1st claim for my little baby pup. I expected a battle but it was completely seamless. Got my payment within 24 hours. My Premium still outweighs what I’ve received but now I know if something serious was to happen I’d be covered with no fuss. Thank you!

Erica

EricaPerth, WA

Very good insurance.Would always refer to other People.

Had only my dog insured in september and she got a snake bite in november. I got $ 2500 dollars back out of $ 3000 no problems. I was very Happy.Would recommend rspca pet insurance to any one.
Regards
E.Stumpf

Glenda

GlendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service

Rang and queried a claim. Consultant said he would investigate and get back to me. Still waiting for contact after two weeks. If my claims will not be paid I feel the policy is not good value.

Claims Process & Product Cover

The process of insuring my puppy with RSPCA was very quick and easy. I wanted the top cover and happy to pay for it, which I feel is very good value for the protection. When I first had to use my policy, I was very impressed by how easy it was to claim and the time frames taken to apply my refund. My claim was resolved in it's entirety within 10 business days, so that was great and also to be kept up to date online. I have only been with RSPCA for a couple of months now but would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks

Still waiting for a $400 claim to be resolved 5 months on

I have made one claim for when my dog injured his throat in December. It still has not been resolved, each time I provide a new document the insurance company requests something else. It's a joke. Very difficult to get through to customer service, was on hold for 20 minutes.

Sarah
Sarah

Hi Jessica

No one has been in contact with me yet. My email is [Email Address Removed]

JimmyMelbourne

Easy to use but expect premiums to boom!

Yeah the claims are easy and quick to do, that’s great, as for premium prices that’s a different story, started off fairly priced then my last 2 years went up 35% each year, with minimal claims done, and the excuse was your dogs getting older - 4 years old? Please!

Jimmy

Already tried that last year when my premium was due, and wasn’t pleased with the outcome.

Evangeline

Evangeline Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gives me peace of mind knowing my pet is insured with RSPCA

RSPCA makes it simple and easy to lodge claim, and being process promptly.
My pet is insured for 3 yrs now and i can sure refer RSPCA to my friends looking for pet insurance.

Reina L.

Reina L.asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

I’d like to cancel my policy for my kitten and it is so hard to reach over the phone.
Could you please assist with this

Hi Reina,
I'm sorry to hear that you are looking to cancel your policy for your kitten and of any inconvenience when calling in. Can you please reply to my private message with your policy details and I will arrange for one of our team members to be in touch with you.
Alisa

Melani d.asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Are general check ups covered?

Hi Melani,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. RSPCA Pet Insurance is designed to provide you with the peace of mind that if your pet is unexpectedly sick or accidentally injured you can claim back a percentage of your eligible out of pocket expenses. Eligible Illnesses include common conditions like ear infections, tick paralysis, stomach virus or skin conditions to the more expensive illnesses like cancer and hospitalisation costs. The Specified Accidental Injury component covers events like bone fractures, bite wounds, snake bites, allergic reactions to insect or arachnid bites other than ticks or fleas and if an injury was sustained as a direct result of a motor vehicle incident.
Depending on the level of cover you hold our policies pay up to 60-80% of eligible vet bills with different annual benefit limits.
Our Ultimate and Ultimate Plus covers have the option to add Routine Care as an extra benefit. This option pays up to $80 per year to help with items such as health checks and vaccinations. $15 per year for heartworm test or blood screen, $15 per year for Felv/Fiv test or urinalysis as well as a $50 annual benefit for one of the following; alternative therapies, behavioural therapy, council registration fees, cremation or burial, dental illness, de-sexing, dewclaw removal, flea/tick/worm control, heartworm control, micro-chipping, obedience training, prescription diets, teeth cleaning and vaccinations or health checks.
Jessica

Melani d.

Hi Jessica, thank you for clarifying that for me.

Wai

Waiasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hey, got a 13 week old puppy. New pet owner. Common to take pet insurance from this age? Has the basic policy cover dental? Thanks

Hi Wai,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Pets aged from 8 weeks and under 9 years are eligible to apply for all levels of cover that we offer. Pets aged from 8 weeks and younger than 16 years old are eligible to apply for our General Accident & Illness Cover. Eligible Illnesses include common conditions like ear infections, tick paralysis, stomach virus or skin conditions to the more expensive illnesses like cancer and hospitalisation costs. The Specified Accidental Injury component covers events like bone fractures, bite wounds, snake bites, allergic reactions to insect or arachnid bites other than ticks or fleas and if an injury was sustained as a direct result of a motor vehicle incident. Further information on what is and is not covered, can be located within our Policy Booklet which is available on our website: https://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/useful-documents
Jessica

nesilone
nesilone

No, this company does not provide adequate dental cover (hence the Customer Relations Rep answer dodging your question). I would advise going to a different provider and reading the PDS before you sign up to anything.

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,200$1,000IncludedIncluded
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$1,000 (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)$500Subject to overall annual limit only
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)$2,600 (6 month waiting period - can be waived)IncludedIncluded
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days30 Days
Condition Limit$2,000 per condition (General Accident & Illness Cover only)
Compare all 4 RSPCA Pet Insurance