Russell Hobbs Classic Chopper RHMFP2

MPN: RHMFP2

14 questions from our users

Meredi

Merediasked

Hi my toddler pushed the glass bowl off the counter this afternoon and it has shattered. Is it possible to buy a replacement part?

iduguid2
iduguid2

Hi, I doubt it. If you could, it would probably cost near the same as buying another complete unit. Wasteful I know, but unfortunatley that is the disposeable era we live in.

Helen

Helenasked

Nothing in bowl blades spin as soon as I add food blades won’t spin

Susan
Susan

I find the chopper okay - don't use it great deal, it's just as easy to cut things up by hand and less items to wash up.

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Can you make nut butters with this machine?

Cozzy

Hi Karen B, no you couldn't make nut butters with this machine. The blades aren't sharp enough nor do they go fast enough. I don't think the manufacturers would even say it could.
The only machine I know of (and I have one) is a Thermomix, that can definitely make nut butters.
I use my Thermomix for a lot of my cooking, but this chopper comes in handy when I'm NOT using Thermi and I want to chop up garlic, chillies, onions, herbs etc. , for when I'm using my big stock pot or fry pan.
Hope this helps, Bye.

Hi Karen,
No this machine wouldn’t be suitable for Nut Butter. You’d need a food processor for that. I have used this machine to chop whole nuts for biscuits and slices.

CJiasked

Question - is this good for blending spices into fine paste?

I'm trying to decide between the Sunbeam Multichopper or this Russell Hobbs one.
The Sunbeam is only 500ml, but I'm wondering if the smaller blades is better for blending spices.
The power on the Sunbeam is also stronger at 450 watts, although the capacity is smaller.

I like how the RH one is a bit larger, but wondering if a small chopper would be better for spices.

Catherine Smith

I’m not too sure about spices. Most of the spices I use are in powder form. It is great for herbs such as parsley.

CJi

Thank you heaps for your help!

Sorry, it was a communication error on my part. I meant grinding herbs into a paste texture?

I've been looking at some indian and mexican recipes that require me to grind certain ingredients into a smooth paste blend, so I was wondering if this would be good for that?

Or would the paste be too chunky and not chopped/blended enough to become a smooth paste?

Cozzy

Hi CJi, at first I thought you meant spices too.
But, I realise now you mean chopping garlic, ginger, chillies, lemongrass and herbs such as coriander roots and leaves into pastes. I can tell you that I make my own pastes all of the time BUT, wouldn't use this chopper for it at all. It would take forever and would still be chunky, particularly if trying to chop ginger, galangal and lemongrass as they are pretty fibrous. You would be chopping, stopping to scrape down, then chopping again many times.
I use my Thermomix to make pastes all of the time. I also use it to dry roast spice seeds and mill them into a powder before adding the "wet" ingredients as I mentioned here to make the paste. I make my own Indian & Thai curry pastes and blends quite often.
I use this little chopper if I'm not cooking with Thermi and I'm just chopping some simple things such as garlic, chilli, onion, herbs, and only because I hate chopping them on the chopping board, seems to take forever. I like quick and effective cooking.
Hope this helps. Cheers

Robinasked

Can you chop cabbage to make coleslaw?

Jenny B

Yes, you could but not in great quantities .. This little chopper is perfect for one or two people.

Robin

Thanks and if you have actually made Slaw are the pieces longish or just very small bits?

Cozzy

You could, but you would have to put small chunks of cabbage in. I don't think you would get "longish" pieces, probably small chunks. It would take some time compared to a larger food processor. This little chopper is great for garlic, ginger, onion, chillies, herbs etc. It will chop a lot of those food types, to add to casseroles, soups etc. But as Jenny B said, for something like coleslaw, good for 1 or 2 people. Hope we've helped.

Robyn Rasked

does it chop carrots?

Jenny B

Hi Robyn, yes but you need to chop them into fairly small chunks. The end result isn't evenly sliced pieces after, but good for casseroles etc where visual appeal isn't necessary.

Robyn R

That was quick Jenny, Thankyou for going to the trouble of answering me on Saturday. I thought I'd be waiting until Monday, enjoy your weekend. Can't wait to try it out. Bye for now

FatsA

FatsAasked

Would it be good in mincing / chopping meat ?

Jenny B

I've not tried it for chopping meat. But I reckon it'd probably do ok .. just short bursts otherwise I reckon you'd end up with something resembling road kill. The bowl is quite small too.

Clint

Clintasked

Would it be great for whipping up a salsa?

Julia Reid

Yes definitely. I use it to make pesto all the time

Christine Findlay

Christine Findlayasked

Would this be suitable for chopping carrots or pumpkin

Christine Findlay

Christine Findlayasked

Hi there - would this chop carrots/pumpkin?

Julia Reid

Yes absolutely will. I use mine all the time for chopping vegetables. Also good for home made pesto.

lilfairywrenasked

This sounds perfect for small amounts of vegetables to make an almost the instant soup. 1. Chop Veggies. 2. Microwave. 3. Cook and blend! Yes I'll be buying one of these...

Question is the bowl Microwaveable and Oven proof? Thanks in advance...

Wendy M

There is a metal shaft attached to the bowl to hold the cutting blade in place, so not microwave safe. According to the manual, neither microwave nor oven is recommended. Safety tips from the manual:
- Leave cooked foods to cool for a while before processing.
- For your safety, do not mix liquids / foods that are hotter than 40°C.
- Do not place on or near any heat sources.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
For the record, I absolutely love my chopper for chopping (it can chop superfine) and prepping but I haven't yet used it for cooked foods. I use a stick blender to make things mushy (hot or cold) anyway.
I hope this helps :)

lilfairywren

Thanks Wendy M! Great response, and thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply. I am really happy, and eager to buy this little monster... Yes it sure did help...very kind indeed...

lilfairywren

I have a glass container with lid for the Microwave to cook my veggies in...so that's great!

Susan F.asked

I bought the last one of these in a store... so no box (But I do have the manual and it is in perfect condition)... I just don't know what the little white plastic thing is for... or where it's supposed to go? Any ideas?

Wendy M

The only little white plastic thing I can see on mine is on the underside of the motor where it connects to the lid there is a nest of connectors I assume where the blade stem plugs in.

Susan F.

thanks so much for your response Wendy. Now I think maybe it was part of the packing? to protect one of the pieces?

Theresa M.

Theresa M.asked

Great machine but I am disapointed the drive on the motor is stripped and the drive in the cuttng blade is stripped.

deeasked

Lost instructions anyway of copying them on line?

Rakesh
Rakesh

I can upload the copies of pages with instructions.
Provide me with your email

dee

Well isn't it typical, :I was searching for something else today and found the instructions! thanks for the offer Rakesh

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives