Rydges Hotels & Resorts

Rydges Hotels & Resorts

Zero star if I could

We checked in 1 night to Rydges Geelong, they charged us TWICE of the cost. And up to now its been 3 weeks of waiting for the money to be refunded back. Very inconvenient stay and such a hassle to get our money back.

The air condition is also not working even they have moved us to different room still not working.

Will never go to rydges again!

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Accomodation

Dodgy Company

We stayed at the Rydges in Kalgoorlie. One night the headboard fell down on my child (it wasn't bolted to the wall) and in the process the wall socket came out and zapped my sister, the air conditioner leaked all over the floor and it was sopping wet, the fridge leaked all over the floor, there were ants everywhere, the bedding was stained and looked like someone had done a wee on it, and the rooms stank because of the wet floors. I asked for another room and was told no and I would be paying to fix the wall socket. In the end they gave us 30 minutes to leave or they would call the police. I had a 90 year old grandmother in a wheelchair with us but they couldn't have cared less. Consumer protection and the council came out to expect and begged the owner to let us stay but they wouldn't.
I contacted Rydges but they didn't reply. When we left I said I wouldn't pay for the last night so they took it off my bill and I paid it. When I got home I discovered that they just took it out of my credit card unlawfully. When I rang them up they just laughed and said that we took it out after you left.
Stay away from these hotels. Last year we stayed at their hotel in Falls Creek and there was a massive hole in the bathroom ceiling due to mould. Appalling hotel chain, the management couldnt care less about you and the owners are evern worse.

Lousy customer service

Left a phone charger in our room. Contacted reception after arriving home(45 mins after leaving hotel), said they would mail the charger to me. Never heard from them again.Rang to ask what was going on. No explanation. When I e-mailed the contact for Rydges they didn't even bother to reply. Can you give a rating of less than 1 for customer service? Obviously they make enough money to not care. If you stay check your thoroughly before leaving. Never again.

Rydges Sydney airport

Pricey, dated & unwelcomed gloomy room with a car park views, missing toiletries (an empty packets) & stained dirty chair in the room. No free upgrade for Priority rewards members (I did requested in my booking for it when I booked my room). They wanted an extra $25 for room to be upgraded when I was checking in as there was rooms available. Even I did paid in advance more for my room than an upgraded room was on their website available that time on that day. So I mention ONCE AGAIN there was available rooms to upgrade but they want an extra $$$$ money for it. And I did paid already higher price for my current booked room in advance than upgrade rooms was that day priced and time available on their website. No free complimentary drinking water in the room. Need to pay extra. Only location is good about this place. Pathetic & self centred response from manager [name removed] to my Trip Advisor review was just slap in my face. Well done Rydges Sydney Airport. A lesson has been learned. NEVER AGAIN I will be staying at that place.

appalling behaviour By head staff members towards other employees

A recent Trip to Rydges Jindabyne i found the treatment of employee but upper staff members 2 girls was revolting total abuse of power. I will never use Rydges Jindabyne again if this is how they treat the staff members by taking away Hours for not staying back and drinking with head chef and management these ladies abuse their power. I cant believe a large company like Rydges would allow this to happen in one of there hotels

Rydges Melbourne hotel Terrible hotel room what a shocker!

I have just checked into my hotel room at Rydges, and have noticed that the air conditioning, bedroom and shower area is well below the standard that has been advertised.

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel

Everything I needed for a perfect night with convivial impeccable staff
Incidentally
most conveniently located at Sydney Airport - handy for me between international and local flights

Never Again - Rydges Adelaide

Despite being a Priority Rewards member, we were given a room which was so far from an acceptable standard and despite a complaint made during the stay and one after - we have never been contacted to discuss.
Don't get me wrong the room was clean but the location of the room and the noise was a joke.
No response from the hotel or the customer service line is unacceptable and unprofessional especially when a long term loyalty member.

Sydney Airport, a perfect stop over.

A convenient location outside the domestic terminal. They offered a free transfer from the international terminal or $6 if you pay. Great value to any other means of transfer. You must print & give or copy to your phone & show to enter the bus. Check in was super quick and the room was wonderful. no slippers and a bare bathroom but very comfortable and quiet. I loved the view of the runway...ensure you ask for a high floor. Breakfast is very nice, no other meals tried. A worthwhile stay if needing a connecting flight.

Rydges Parramatta - not the best Rydges to stay at

This review is for Rydges Parramatta - stayed during May 2015

My partner and I booked a room online and upon arrival we were told we had to pay a $300 bond. We weren't too impressed as this bond was not listed on the website, it was not stated on the booking, even when I called to make some enquiries before booking, this bond was never mentioned, 3 times we should of been told of it but we were never told.

The $300 bond only came up once we had arrived at the hotel.

Seems quite unfair and quite rude. This is only hotel that we have stayed at that has charged such a high price for a bond with NO warning. At the very least it would of been nice to of been made aware of this bond so we could have taken it into consideration before we booked. Worse, we have stayed to other Rydges hotels without the need of such a high priced bond, and some no bond at all & our visa debit was accepted.

I understand that the hotel have rules, terms & conditions, but when a condition is not listed anywhere in sight, it seems quite unfair to expect customers to cough up $300 on top of paying for the room, not to mention it was completely misleading.

This hotel does not view the visa debit card as a credit card (be warned) I don't know why, everywhere else accepts it as a credit card. Very outdated, a visa card (credit or debit) are practically the same except one is the banks money, the other has my own hard earned money on it and I would rather spend my own cash then the banks!

Not happy customers and unlikely to return.

The hotel has admitted that the bond & debit card policy may not of been made clear on the website & the confirmation and they were looking at communicating more effectively to guests in future.

I hope the hotel updates this immediately as it is completely misleading the guests and it's really not hard to let guests know there is a bond & the price of that bond.

Rydges "Dream" beds are AMAZING

I stayed at Rydges World Square Sydney a while back now, and I have to say - I travel a lot for work, I've stayed in average hotels, seedy hotels and all of the ridiculously lavish ones as well - and this hotel has the absolute best beds of any hotel I have ever stayed with! Ridiculously comfortable, I had the best night sleep ever! Apparently you can buy them - so I'll be checking that out when it's time to upgrade FOR SURE!

Noise, noise and more noise... forget Rydges

I am at a conference between 9 and 11 March 2016 in Brisbane. My staff booked the Rydges hotel, South Bank, Brisbane.

I arrived early and the staff at Rydges were kind enough to look after my luggage while my room was made ready and I attended the conference. Staff promised to call me once my room was ready at midday.

I never got that call. OK, things happen and I’ll put this away as a simple mistake. I got the pass to access my room and went to have a lie down after lunch.

Within ten minutes of lying down on my bed, an uninterrupted and very loud brrrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrr shook me out of my afternoon snooze. Someone with a jack-hammer was doing something violent to the building. The noise did not stop. Another five minutes later, there was a brief knock on the door and a woman came into my room uninvited. She didn’t even wait for me to answer “come in”. I could have been naked. A few minutes earlier I was in the bathroom. As I was alone, I didn’t close the bathroom door. She would have seen me squatting you, you dig? The woman came to check the mini bar. Not sure why as I had just taken over the room some 30 minutes earlier.

When I asked the woman what this racket was all about, she told me that they were demolishing the lower floor and that they were permitted to use the jack hammer between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.

No one told me or my staff that Rydges was a work zone where a jack hammer would be operating all day. Even though I am at the conference for most of the day, I still want some quiet around lunch time, in fact, any time I am at the hotel. How would holiday goers feel if they booked a room and wanted to spend a quiet afternoon in the pool and sauna? This is unacceptable! I will be glad to leave this dump tomorrow!

Mediocre

At 9:20 I requested priority check in because one of my kids was sick. It is 12 pm now and the person in charge, [name removed], tells me she can't tell me when my room will be ready and that she won't call house service as not to put them under stress.
Poor form :(

Helped with Expedia refund.

I received wonderful, professional service from Dennis at Rydges Sydney Central in a matter with Expedia over a refund. After numerous hopeless phone calls with Expedia, it seems one call from Dennis was the push they needed to release my refund after 2 months. Thanks Dennis and I will definitely consider Rydges in the future, though I will never book through Expedia again.

good value hotels

these hotels are pretty good, make sure to join the priority awards program for better prices and discounts on food and drinks, you also earn points for stays when staying , they also provide free wi fi now, book in advance to get discounts on stays around australia, they are pretty helpful

A really great venue for the price

My cousin just had a wedding here (which I helped out with) and based on the price, service and the night itself I would highly recommend. The venue itself easily fitted the 240 guests and with the price been $110 per head I think thats a pretty good deal (compared to a few other places I saw). Its located in Preston which has the advantage of easy parking but if you have friends in the south eastern suburbs can be a hassle. That been said, it was a minor issue compared to the night itself.
Price of $110pp was great. Service was outstanding
The Preston location is not ideal for those living in the southern suburbs