Samsung Galaxy S20

Samsung Galaxy S20 (2020)

128GB (5G), 128GB (4G)

Purchased in May 2020.

Andrea

AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy at all

A worst Samsung I had so far! Only can charge it through powerpoint. Not compatible with anything else. No headphones either.
The camera is a joke!
Not buying another Samsung ever!

Purchased in July 2020 for $1,000.00.

MJD

MJDAlbury

audio issues

Unable to use the phone's new usb c plug to convert to audio out. I have tried 4 different usb-c to 3.5mm audio plugs. None work. No online solutions have worked. Technical support is terrible. The online chat people give me instructions that don't work on my device, and I can't get through by phone. Why did I bother "upgrading"?

Purchased in June 2020.

Find out how Samsung Galaxy S20 compares to other Mobile Phones

Worst phone I have ever owned, easily. DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE.

Purchased in November 2020.

Mark

Mark

Disappointing

Seems like a step backwards from my previous s7. Can't plug it in to the car via use as I keep getting a water in charging port error. Car doesn't have blue tooth and phone doesn't have 3.5mm out. Camera was initially great but picture quality and camera usability has deteriorated. Phone keeps saying to clean the lense but it's already clean and unblemished. Swipe keyboard is hopeless compared to previous version. Expensive for product that doesn't live up to expectations.

Purchased in September 2019.

Drew

DrewSydney, NSW

The worst Samsung I have owned

Overheats alot which then drops the frame rate back to 60hz and dims the screen and seems to make the whole phone lag.
Seem to get alot of drop outs and voice/sound quality over calls is very bad.
I make alot of calls throughout the day and if I dont bring my charger to work its usually dead by midday.
Pretty disappointed, have owned Samsung since the galaxy s3, this one seems like it misses the mark

Purchased in June 2019.

HMG

HMGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life really bad

Very disappointed with the battery life. Always had Samsungs, this one has the worse battery life of all of them. Does not last for the day. Should be better battery

Purchased in August 2020.

Terrible! Don't buy this phone if you use Bluetooth

Bought the S20 to replace 2 phones. Have had no end of dramas with the Bluetooth that I rely on.
The phone disconnects Bluetooth devices at random and will not reconnect.

Purchased in September 2020 at Telstra Stores.

Matika C.

Matika C.Central Queensland, QLD

Absolute chunka!

I’d rather bin it, than ever buy another. Highly disappointed, dysfunctional device.
Speaker issues, mic issues, tried resets missed calls or calls apparently non existent, certain apps crash out. Duo malfunctions. Poor battery and this would be the last Samsung I’d ever own.

Purchased in June 2020 at Optus Rockhampton for $1,400.00.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!

Purchased in April 2020 for $1,200.00.

nicki1

If you had read my review you would see that I already had.

aaron.pezelyPerth, Western Australia

Terrible Phone

I have been a loyal Samsung user for many years, S7&S8, Note 9 (all great phones) and decided to "upgrade" to Samsung S20. This turned out to be a poor decision as the phone is in no way an upgrade. Poor reception (I have turned 5G off). Fingerprint reader on screen doesn't work when a screen protector is added so a much higher risk of damaging the screen. The battery life is very poor, having to plug in the charger mid afternoon after limited use. My Note 9 in comparison lasted all day without a worry.
I am glad I held onto my Note 9 as I might revert back to using that instead and offload this phone I doubt Telstra will accept a return..?

Purchased in August 2020.

aaron.pezely

Hi Kath, this link doesn't work.. I sent a messenger message to the Samsung page but no response.

KathSamsung

Ok at best, no headphone jack? Really, trying to be be Apple? To touch sensitive and thinks to much in a weird way.

Not what I wanted, which is really sad as the previous was good, poorest reception for a over priced phone, won't go back and cheers for spending $2000 on it .

Purchased in July 2020 at Local Mobility for $2,000.00.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer
Gaz

GazSydney, NSW

Rubbish

Phone call interference or just drop out completely all the time no matter how good reception is. Camera is rubbish. Internet constantly freezes on any site even on wi-fi at home. Took to get fixed and told nothing was wrong with the phone. Very unhappy DO NOT PURCHASE.

Purchased in March 2020 at Optus for $1,500.00.

MickSamsung
vargulf

vargulfSouth East Queensland, QLD

S20+ 5G is the worst phone I've ever owned

MickSamsung
Ericamanda

Ericamanda

Great phone with an awesome camera

Love my s20 - looks sleek, takes great photos, great battery life , graphics are bright and better than its predecessor (I had an older Samsung).
I did get this discounted as a work perk but I do think the full price is a little high.

Purchased in March 2020 at Samsung.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for the 5 star review! Let us know if you ever require any assistance or have questions in general :) We're always happy to help.

Sara

JLVSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not worth the money considering we get exynos

Purchased in May 2020.

INCANSUPERWOMAN

INCANSUPERWOMANSydney, NSW

moving on from s8

Purchased in July 2020 at Samsung Online store for $977.00.

MLePage

MLePageSydney, NSW

Terrible at phone protection products Compatibility

Purchased the Samsung S20
As usual Samsung suck when it comes to phone covers or screen protectors.
In order to protect my screen I can never use the fingerprint scanner. So now I use face recognition which only works if your in good lighting. Very disappointed
I love the phone but I feel it's another Samsung fail. The phone costs enough you think they look into these things a little bit more. Stupidly I didn't.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,149.00.

Bharath

BharathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent screen

Pros:
Great display with no bazels
Really good back camera
Great to hold in hand , quality materials

Cons:
On-screen unlock does not work 100% of the time, wish they had fingerprints sensor like Pixel had before
Their front camera ads lot of effects and smooths out photos which I dont like

Overall good phone to buy

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $949.00.

Performance
AdaSamsung

Charles C.

Charles C.Sydney, NSW

great product

upgraded to this from the s9 and I love it. the only thing that feels like a downgrade is the fingerprint reader. the one on the back of the s9 was faster and rarely took more than one try. the reader in the screen seems to be more picky.

Purchased in February 2020.

Diane

Dianeasked

Galaxy S20 (2020)

Hi, Totally disappointed with the S20. Calls constantly drop out, speaker sound is very poor. The big question is why the tips of my fingers start burning when using the screen. I have even developed a burn mark thats hardened the skin on the inside my my thumb. What is it emitting?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Diane, sounds like this may need to be assessed by a Samsung technician. Please follow the link below to have this arranged.

Sara

Horsesrule

Horsesruleasked

Galaxy S20 (2020)

I’m an iPhone user (never owned a Samsung before) but recently I saw the s20 and was quite interested. However, my friend has a Samsung a30 which I asked to see, and it was so slow and lagged so much I began to question whether a Samsung was a good investment. Even though an a30 is a cheaper alternative, is there any lag/downfalls/unnecessary glitches to the s20?

JLV

Depends on the model. I have the Samsung s20 ultra 5g 128gb version and I am largely unimpressed. There are many things that do shine with the phone but its largely overshadowed by battery/heat issues/poor camera focus.

I've always used samsungs - s7, s8, s9+ and deviating to a huawei p30 pro before coming back to the Samsung s20 ultra.

My advice, stay away from it and possibly samsung as a whole, that's what I intend to do. Just a few google searches and you'll have your answer as well as saving yourself for paying 2k for a hot brick of a phone.

AdaSamsung

Hi, the S20 is Samsung's flagship device and differs to that of the the A30. We have provided a link below.

S20 Specs > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-s20/specs/

A30 Specs > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a30-a305/SM-A305YZKNXSA/

Though, if any difficulties do arise with your Samsung device, we do have a customer care team that is available to support you should you experience any troubles.

Ada
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy S20 (2020)

Compare both Samsung Galaxy S20 (2020)
CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,499.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Stereo Speakers, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, 5G Network Compatible, Stereo Speakers, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight163 g163 g
Colour / FinishCosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud PinkCosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink
Dimensions 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
Body MaterialGlassGlass
Display
Pixel Density563 ppi563 ppi
Display TechnologyAMOLEDAMOLED
Screen Size 6.2"6.2"
Screen Resolution1440 x 3200 pixels1440 x 3200 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetOcta-core 2x2.73 GHz & 2x2.60 GHz & 4x2.0 GHzOcta-core 2x2.73 GHz & 2x2.60 GHz & 4x2.0 GHz
Battery Size4,000 mAh4,000 mAh
Internal Storage128 GB128 GB
Memory (RAM)8 GB12 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Release dateMar 2020Mar 2020
Replaced bySamsung Galaxy S21 5GSamsung Galaxy S21 5G
Compare both Samsung Galaxy S20 (2020)

• GTIN14: 08806090325168
  • GTIN13: 8806090322167, 8806090324727 and 8806090325137
  • MPN: KHSGS20128BLUAU, KHSGS20128GRYAU, KHSGS20128PNKAU, SAMS20BLU, SAMS20GRY, SAMS20PNK, SS-G9810-128-PK and SamS20-128GB5GBlue-PRT