4Samsung 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Samsung 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

VerifiedMPNs:RT35K5035SL/SA and SR400LSTC
4Samsung 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)
3.5

3.3

Gannon
GannonSydney34 posts
  SR400LSTC

Very poor quality I could not recommend

Similar experience as most others here, plastic bits break easily and the fridge failed completely within 5 years. What a waste of money and the planet !

Im 50+ and to be honest never had a fridge fail, so disappointed. It's that one product that when it dose fail the its majorly inconvenient, lost food, time and money. Not happy Samsung :(
The repairer told me not to bother fixing it as his experience was that the Samsung fridges are poor quality. Show details

Taddy
TaddyIllawarra, NSW7 posts
Wombat
Wombat17 posts

I would expect more than 6 years of life for a new fridge

My last fridge lasted 41 years. I've only had this one for 6 years and 3 months and it has suddenly stopped working. For the last 6 months I've had to set it on the lowest setting to keep the fridge down to 5 degrees. Very disappointed with modern fridges. Not made to last obviously. Show details
Sudhir Kumar
Sudhir Kumar2 posts
  SR400LSTC

Very disappointing was big fan of samsung

I bought this from goodguys 5 years back and now all of the sudden the lower compartment stopped cooling. Called good guys they said call samsung and still no solution. I always bought samsung product but I think now I will have to re-think as not at all happy the way it has been dealt with. Show details
Freddy F.
Freddy F.
Samsung   DM

Hey Freddy, We're sorry to hear you've had this trouble with your unit and appreciate you letting us know about this. I have sent you a private message if you can please take a look when you can. Thank you.

Kristal
Samsung AU

Rob
Rob5 posts

Needs re-gassing after only 6 years of normal use

My Samsung fridge conveniently broke down right after the 5-year extended warranty I had purchased. Now the freezer stopped working and the compressor runs 24/7 and the fridge is loud and obnoxious.
I was told by a licensed technician that the fridge needs re-gassing and will cost $500 to do so. I'm very unhappy about this, and this is completely unacceptable after 6 years of use, as I took good care of my fridge and did nothing wrong.
I certainly won't go near anything with the Samsung brand from now on, I've learnt my lesson.. Congrats Samsung, you've earned a life-time ban from me! And I certainly will share my experience with my friends to stay away from this brand. Show details
Shaun W.
Shaun W.Sydney, NSW5 posts
Samsung   DM

Hi Shaun W, We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your product and would love to assist you with this. We have sent you a private message and look forward to your response.

Graham Large
Graham LargeSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
Nic
NicSydney, NSW

Broke within 2 years - SAMSUNG absolute nightmare to deal with

Freezer broke, Samsung accepted responsibility, never collected, had to go to fair trading to receive refund.
So much time wasted, many calls made and letters written.
I will never buy Samsung products again. Show details
MS A.
MS A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  SR400LSTC

It doesn’t cool after 3 years!

We bought this fridge in 2017 but after about three years the fridge doesn’t cold enough. The warranty is just 1 year and it doesn’t worth to repair or charge the cooling gas! Show details
Sharna
Sharna
  SR400LSTC

Horrible experience with this fridge

We bought this fridge in July of 2017. From the beginning it made heaps of loud noises at all times of the day. The crisper door broke after about a year because of its flimsy design. Storing things in the door was near impossible because the fridge never got cold enough. And now it has stopped cooling completely after only 4.5 years. I would never buy another Samsung fridge. Show details
Josh
Josh
  SR400LSTC

Like everyone else: faulty fridge

After about 3 years the fridge stopped cooling (freezer working fine). Appears the same as most other reviews. I’ll contact customer service but I don’t expect great results from that based on other reviews.
I would be hesitant to but another Samsung major appliance or recommend to others. Show details
Anita H.
Anita H.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  SR400LSTC

Crisper could be better designed

This fridge is fine except for small freezer depth and the awkward design of the crisper which gets stuck on the door and doesn't slide back in very easily. A "door panel" that gives access from the top of the crisper would be helpful addition. Show details
Sukh
SukhSydney, NSW
David
David2 posts
  SR400LSTC

Breaks down just after warranty...again with Samsung

Fridge worked all good until just after the warranty period ended and then the control board and diverter valve all died costing me nearly $500 to repair!. Easier just to buy another fridge.
This is a common issue with Samsung products I have previously purchased.
I won't be buying Samsung again

Craig B.
Craig B. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Hi, we have owned this fridge from new for a few years as a drinks fridge. It has worked (ok) for this time, but is noisy and has never been capable of keeping beer properly cold (even turned to the coldest setting)….. until recently. Now it freezes everything in the fridge. It is still doing this even when turned down to vacation mode?

Jenny Y.
Jenny Y. · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

bulging back panel in freezer. I believe this is a manufacturer's fault, and hope Samsung address this issue and fix the problem for your customers.

Samsung   DM

Hey Jenny, sorry to hear about the issue you've had. Have you taken any steps to fix the bulging back panel issue? So I can assist you please confirm this.

Gilbert
Samsung AU

Estelle v.
Estelle v.

Hi samsung. Our freezer's back panel is also bulging at the back. Just over 5 years old. Please assist

Nakita
Nakita · 400L Top Mount SR400LSTC (Easy Clean Steel)

Hello everyone I need help I purchase this product bout week ago and my freezer isnt freezing what can I do or is their something I havent done to freezer so it can freeze my stuff and also what temp does freezer and fridge need to be on

Compare all Samsung 400L Top Mount SR Series listings
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,299$1,199
Dimensions 1715 x 675 x 668 mm1715 x 675 x 668 mm1715 x 675 x 668 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm and Frost FreeConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm and Frost FreeConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge RightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishEasy Clean SteelWhiteBlack