Samsung SR400LSTC

MPNs: RT35K5035SL/SA and SR400LSTC

• Internal Layout

Fiona

FionaSydney, NSW

Ice build up and water leakage

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Petar

PetarIllawarra, NSW

Gave me an indoor pool.

Bought in March of 2019 and within 2 months already had to have a technician come out and replace a part. Still had a few issues like loud cracking and poor cooling also getting really warm on the outside. Then a week ago the fridge had leaked all over the kitchen floor. Called samsung and where it was purchased from and had pretty poor service from both. Seems I will be waiting for well over a week for a technician to come out and assess the fridge. Pretty poor service and a pretty poor product. Also companies don't seem to understand Australian Consumer Law as this is a major fault.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $850.00.

Terrible fridge!

Joan
Joan

Hello Kath, thankyou for your response. I have clicked on the link below but it doesn't really go anywhere. Could we communicate some other way?
Cheers

KathSamsung

That is okay, Joan. Alternatively, you may send us a private message through Product Reviews, if you are unable to access the link!

Kath

Leeroy

LeeroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Fridge with issues

I have the same problem with the door not closing it's a pain in the rear to physically close the door shut before walking away.
It might not seem like much but it just shouldn't happen..
Everything electrical and white goods is Sumsumg i love the technology and service
I've only had an issue with the fridge..

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

KathSamsung

Makes very loud banging noises

The fridge and freezer itself are perfectly functional and it’s a good product. However .. it makes REALLY loud banging noises at all hours of the day. Every couple of hours.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Niran

Niran

Great fridge for a small family

This fridge is a great looking fridge with plenty of spaces inside. Loves the way it controls the temperature with optimum value according to summer and winter. Very energy efficient and gives no sound whatsoever.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $870.00.

Naisarg Pujara

Naisarg PujaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Family Refrigerator with advanced Features

Reliable temperature controls in all compartments. Suitable for family of 4 to 6 people. Energy efficient and good features. Easy to access and cools very fast than other fridges. Designer look and very much easy to install. Not heavy in terms of moving with wheels at the bottom for ease of relocation.

Purchased in April 2018 at Appliances Online for $740.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)

Rich H

Rich HSydney, NSW

Great looking and performing fridge

The Samsung salesman at Bing Lee did a great job in convincing me to go with Samsung. It helped that the Samsung items were in stock and available for immediate delivery since I was moving into my new unit 2 days later. The fridge has performed flawlessly and is super low maintenance. Six months of use so far. It is well designed internally and easily fits all that I want - but at this size is only suitable for one person.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store for $862.00.

UKat

UKatSydney, NSW

Not too impressed

After a year of buying now we find the fridge too noisy. There is a constant noise bu the fridge and it scares at time. The material is such that its starting to break the racks and not too smooth. I wouldnt recommend it.

Purchased in January 2016 at Bing Lee for $800.00.

HappyHarry

HappyHarryIllawarra, NSW

I got a lemon!

There are lemons in every product right?
After 18 months the freezer door didnt close and noticed the back panel starting to protrude.
Turned the icebox around and closed, but panel juts.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for $778.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cooling works good, but no warning system if door left open

While the fridge is very well priced the lack of features like if you leave the door open there is no alarm or beeping to let you know, Also the compressor makes a horrible grinding noise that you can hear throughout the house, So will have to call up Samsung

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Disappointed

Fridge is hot to the touch on the outside and the heat radiates warming the whole kitchen (really need more heat in QLD). Fridge isn't cold or even cool on the inside. Waste of money. Looks amazing but doesn't performe amazing. No customer support from the store I bought it from.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

jessica01

jessica01queensland

Perfect size for a small family

We bought this fridge for our tenants, so far they have never complained about it so it must be fine. Perfect size to fit our staircase. Stylish stainless steel look. Freezer can be transferred to normal fridge so it give more room.. It was reasonable price. It does the job we need

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Exceeded expectations

This fridge has run smoothly and quietly since we purchased it early in 2018. It looks sleek and has plenty of room inside. The freezer has a removable ice compartment which when removed allows additional space in freezer. The inverter technology allows you to turn off either the fridge or freezer when not in use, such as on holidays, allowing you to keep food in the freezer but not running fridge when it’s empty.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kat

KatMelbourne

Best fridge

Chose this fridge because it was one of the best fits for my fridge cavity and I’m glad I got it. Perfect amount of room and designed really well. It’s easy to open, close and keep clean (inside and out). Definitely a well designed fridge that does everything it needs to-and more!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
andre bili

andre biliMelbourne

Stays cool and does the job

Has many compartments to place groceries. Doesnt frost food however settings need to be adjusted right to properly cool items. Keeps fruit fresh in drawers and items dont have a fridge icey taste after being overnight. Had previously owned an LG fridge which gave me problems in terms of tripping power to the house but hopefully this one lasts a lifetime.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Mel

Mel

Fantastic fridge/freezer

We live this fridge and freezer. It is a great layout, great for parties functions and Christmas as there is plenty of space for food, meals and drinks. It is easy to open and close, maintains a consistent and reliable temperature. Great space in freezer too. We live this fridge

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Dean's B

Dean's BAU

Works then service is impossible

The fridge works erratically but like all Samsung products service is a nightmare no response time wasted never help when issue after Samsung warranty expires which is not consistent with Australia consumer law. The product is expect to last for a reasonable time. The freezer works but water pools in the bottom .

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Samsung AUSamsung

I'm so sorry to hear this, Dean. Let me look into this and see what I can do to help! I'll be sending you a message shortly requesting for further details. Once I receive this, I'll be able to take a look in to your case.

Sara
Samsung Australia

Daniel C.

Daniel C.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Nice Fridge - Works Great

Great fridge so far (10 months old), Temperature in the fridge always maintains well, though freezer sometimes struggles and our ice melts a little and freezes together, freezer space could be a little larger and perhaps better design for air circulation to prevent the issue with the ice. Like some users mention, there can be some odd noises now an again... but nothing major. Overall, a good nice looking fridge for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Mathew

MathewSydney

Great fridge

I love this fridge! it maintains a consistent and reliable temperature in all compartments. It is quiet and energy efficient. We upgraded from another fridge about five years ago and I haven't looked back! We have a little baby and require a lot of refrigeration storage and this is great!

Date PurchasedMar 2013

See all Samsung 400L Top Mount reviews

Fiona

Fionaasked

Our freezer keeps getting ice build up, behind the back panel and under the freezer floor. Then leaks water into the fridge area and on the floor. We defrosted thoroughly about 6 months ago and checked the drains were clear, but it has happened again. This appears to be an issue with Samsung fridges, and of course the first time it happened it was just out of warranty. Any help?

AdaSamsung

Hi Fiona, would you be able to send us a private message to the link below so we can gather some details on the troubles you are experiencing with your fridge?

Ada

Mick

Mickasked

What temperature should through fridge run at on this unit

AdaSamsung

You can change the temperature between 1 - 7 degrees C.

In winter, do not set the temperature control to 1 C. This may cause problems with the cooling performance.
In summer, do not set the temperature control to 5-7 C. This may also cause problems with the cooling performance.

For more info (page 35) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201909/20190913201332431/DA68-03377Z_04.pdf

Enocent M.

Enocent M.asked

The lower shelf of my fridge is not cold, the freezer is working well. Someone said something about the small fan not working, where can i get this small fan?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Enocent, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details, proof of purchase and any reference numbers to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives