Samsung SRF719DLS

MPNs: 35904218, RF56J9040SL/SA and SRF719DLS

txb

txbSydney, NSW

GREAT FRIDGE

Purchased 3 years ago on a eofy sale. It's great, however over time the French door design has waned. Over filling the fridge with food does happen and compartmentalizing sometimes is more of a hindrance than having open shelf space (IE having a lot of 2L milk/juice bottles) the fridge has a slightly strange softening mechanism whenclosing so you can never fully preempt the amount of force you need to give it to shut. For example you would not be able to shut the door unless you slammed it very hard, you would have to have constant contact with the door handle to close. In the 4 years owned, Ive changed the water filter once.

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Gavin V.

Gavin V.Perth, WA

Good but could be better.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman.

kimeeja

kimeejaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic Fridge

We have had this fridge for close to a year now and I couldn't be happier. It has fantastic and adjustable storage which easily fits in all our food from a fortnightly shop with spare room. The water/ice dispenser is super easy to use and the kids are now drinking more water. The food stays super fresh in the crisper and I have how the fridge can accommodate large container/platters

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,400.00.

WHY

WHYSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't ever buy Samsung Fridge with ice dispenser!! terrible product and terrible service

It is a terrible product. (I didn't buy this particular product but bought a Samsung fridge with ice/water dispenser) Exactly same thing (described by BoM) happened to me, literally after 6months of using this fridge. It started with one bubble around the ice dispenser and got really worse over last couple of years. I made a complaint to Samsung too late and their customer service was terrible. How can this kind of change be customer's fault and refuse to fix it. I think they really should be embarrassed with the quality of the product.. Don't ever buy Samsung Fridge especially with ice dispenser!!

Purchased at The Good Guys.

JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. Just to let you know, we've sent you a PM. We recommend for you to keep an eye on your inbox.

Jo
Samsung AU

Sam

SamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great fridge

Was awesome fridge totally recommend getting one after mine broke I went looking for something for the whole family and this is amazing super quite and a good price get one

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

BoM

BoMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't touch this fridge!!! Beware!!!

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys.

Deb

DebSydney, NSW

It's A Design Fault

Purchased in May 2018 for $3,600.00.

Margaret G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SAMSUNG DONT CARE

I have had problems with my Samsung french door fridge for 2 years now. Samsung promised to repair it and put me onto a local company RQ in Melbourne who said they would fix it. They changed parts of the ice maker but it still ices up in back of the fridge. The fridge is very cold and vegetables freeze up. I would not touch a Samsung fridge again, beware if buying, Samsung just don't care. Im taking this to court and am suggesting a class action - please get in touch if you wish to join. There is something seriously wrong with this fridge

Purchased in January 2014 at The Good Guys.

I have spoken to you many times in the lat 9 months. I have had enough

Jeff R

Jeff RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ice maker faulty Samsung don’t care.

Ice maker broke within 12 months was told they would fix it and if it broke again offer a refund. 4 weeks later and two goes at fixing it broken again. Repairer informed it was a design fault and all Samsung fridges with ice makers so I asked for refund. Samsung refusing to refund now want a forth go at fixing it and claim they will not refund me just keep fixing. Fridge work ok but I paided for a fridge with a ice maker not to keep taking days off work to have someone have a go at fixing a 12month old fridge.

Purchased in January 2018 for $3,300.00.

KPetaluma

KPetalumaSydney, NSW

Yes, you will be happy with this fridge

Not every family needs a double door fridge with icemaker but for us it makes a difference. Icemaker works fine, we haven't had any trouble with it. Only thing I wish is the tubs in the freezer were shaped a bit better for stacking food

Purchased in October 2018.

Tammy

Tammy

Really good fridge

This fridge is very reliable and has 1 shelf that will open for your taller items. The main negative is there is no build in lock function so my 2 year old just opens the freezer doors and helps himself all the time and it's such a pretty fridge would be nice to have a lock full action instead of using ugly stick on child locks.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Chelsea

ChelseaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good fridge- hopeless ice maker

Really wanted this fridge and saved for a long time. For $4k it’s not worth the outlay when it does the same things a fridge half the price would do. The ice maker after one year started freezing up and has done so for the past year every month. We have to used a hairdryer every time now to thaw the inside mechanism and then it works for a little while and then all happens again. We run the fridge at the recommended temp so I have no idea why. Great big space inside but heaps of wasted space. When I emptied my last tiny fridge contents into this one, I filled it to the max straight up!! Heaps of room to wave a wand inside but ....???

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great Fridge.

This was an upgrade from our old fridge and is much bigger and better equipped. No complaints at this stage and off to a good start. Cools well and quickly and maintains a good stable temperature. The freezer is stable and works well also and has plenty of room compared to our old one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Bonnie

BonnieColorado Springs

Disappointment

Let me first say that I love this refrigerator. Has enough room for everything. It is a counter depth refrigerator so it fit right where we needed it to be...but....as with others that I see on the reviews, our ice cube freezer ices up and we have to defrost it. I had a protection plan and they came to fix it, but it happened again 1 month after repair. My plan had ended so there will be no new fixing, which doesn't seem to help anyway. Today I was going to reach out to Samsung but I can see by the other reviews that this is a wasted effort as Samsung does not seem to care. Shame on you Samsung that you continue to sell your product but don't fix an issue that many owners are experiencing.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
HowItReallyIs

HowItReallyIsSydney, NSW

RFRD719L BLK Fridge is great but not the service (that's a joke!!!)

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rob

RobSydney

I was warned but didn't listen and now I paid the ultimate price and lesson learned. Waste of money

Date PurchasedJan 2019

jix michels

jix michelsKurnell

Dont deal with Samsung

Bought a $3900 dollar fridge from Samsung
The worst mistake
Ice maker crap
Fridge guarantee crap
Dealing with Samsung,you get better reaction talking to a wall
Don't buy a Samsung fridge
Samsung was told about fridge in November
Now january still waiting
My Advice don't deal with them
My Name is Jix Michels I live in Kurnell my email is jix@tpg.com.au

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Nice fridge but don't expect cold water from the dispenser- had 2 service calls within 2 weeks of pu

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Mua F

Mua F

Fridge

There’s a door for the fridge that does not close easily and we always have to go back to close it. The water filter and ice is really cool and convenient. The inside is a bit small which is weird considering the size of it. The colour is great very fitting and not noticeable when it’s dirty on the outside

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great Fridge

ve our new Samsung Fridge. Love the space, and the ability to covert freezer space to additional fridge space.

Clean design and lines, easy to open and close doors, and good water and ice dispenser. Enough space for our large family, and for entertaining. Look likes like a nice high-end fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Rob

Robasked

I have bought the 719l 3 days ago, the flex zone is set to freezer mode. Till now being 3 days on, It is not freezing and the water bottle inside is not frozen and it has veenn3 days. Again the ice-cream tub inhave it not frozen. If this issue is common and can not be fixed, I will be defiantly returning the fridge and sharing my disappointed experience on product reviews and other means to warn people not to waste there money on waste of space .

I expect a response with a solution as soon as possible...

Jessica

Jessicaasked

We bought a Samsung DLS 719 and have some mould in the fridge crispers but can’t seem to work out how to pull them apart as you can’t get to the mould as food gets stuck under it. Is there a way to pull them apart? Or can you order new ones.....

Sandra B
Sandra B

I would unplug the refrigerator and spray bleach on the mold. Let it sit and then get a water spray and spray it with h20. The mold should just come off.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Jessica, thank you for reaching out to us. If you refer to Page 38 of your user manual you will be able to run through step b step in removing the refrigerator accessories.
Please note, as per the user manual of cleaning the fridge;

• Do not use benzene, thinner, Clorox, or car detergent to clean the refrigerator. They can damage the surface of the appliance and may cause a fire.
• Do not spray the refrigerator with water while it is plugged in, This can cause an electric shock.

Jazz
Samsung Australia

teresa

teresaasked

My second in the house refrigerator is in garage , will be OK to unplug for winter since I'm not using it ?

San M
San M

Will it be empty as if newly bought from store

PhilSamsung

Hi there, as long as all the contents in the fridge are taken out and is turned off empty, there wouldn't be a problem. However I'd suggest turning it back on after Winter and let it run.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $4,699
Dimensions 1825 x 908 x 733 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Colour / Finish Stainless Steel