Sanden Eco Heat Pump

• Heating Speed
predrag

predragSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good and expensive

Paid over 5000 installed. Very quiet. Extremely efficient, way more then other non CO2 pumps (the only other is Reclaim Energy, using the same compressor...) Buy if you can afford.

Purchased for A$5,000.00.

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Unreliable Sanden heat pump - E1xx error 2nd time in 5 years

Installed back in 2015, still < 5 Yrs old.
Already had the valve replaced back in 2018 after the pump stopped with E1xx code, the whole family had hot shower in local Aquatic Centre for almost a week.

And just now on a freezing winter night, I had no hot water but the error code E124 displaying!!! what else can I say ? stay away ...

Purchased in August 2015 for A$5,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

john YSydney, NSW

Sanden is very much under expectation, only installed for 5 years and compressor is now GONE!

Purchased in June 2015 for A$4,300.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Sanden Eco Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Chris

ChrisWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great on power but horribly fragile & horribly expensive repair.

7 yrs old..On its 3rd mother board(valued at $1800 each) now unit leaking water.Cant fix.
Uses hardly any power.Super quiet.Everything is great except the cost of repairs.You will never get back $1800 (pcb board cost) every 2 years in power savings.The idea is fantastic.My dealer went above & beyond for me but SANDEN AUSTRALIA dont care 1 little bit about anything but trying to take more money off you each time it fails.I believe these heat pumps are too fragile to be sold in our country.Replaced whole system with electric system for $1700....Less than price of a PCB board.

Purchased for A$5,000.00.

Raj

RajSydney, NSW

Whisper quiet operation, hot water in two hours of installation

Unit is very good, need to test and report on the long run. Bought this unit due to highest warranty. Water heated up within one hour. So far so good.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$4,000.00.

amaslam

amaslamSydney, NSW

E124 error just under 5 years

Had the Sanden unit installed late 2015. It's worked flawlessly until last week and now E124 error. Plumber came (original installer) and reset the system (FClr). It did one more tank to full hot and after that no more hot water. Reset again didn't help. It was the ones on 3 yr warranty so now I'm being quote a new compressor at ~3000+ (ouch!). It appears to be a PCB issue but installer says Sanden doesn't make those model PCBs anymore, so can't repair :(. Contacting ACCC for this (Consumer Guarantee) to see if they'll replace it. Otherwise going gas instantaneous at ~$2k and no more heat pumps in my lifetime.

Purchased in November 2015 for A$4,500.00.

Gaylene A.

Gaylene A.

Great until the Heat Pump dies!! ....$$$$$

I loved my Sanden...... 8 yrs down the track and the mother board gives up, cannot be replaced because it is an older model, so I need to replace the whole unit... $3250.00 ....... over 8 yrs I have spent $7050.00 on a hot water system, do not recommend, any savings I made on electricity have been eaten up by running costs, totally devastated. :(

Purchased in April 2012 for A$3,800.00.

Ian.

Ian.Gippsland, VIC

Installed a Sanden and married it with my Solar PV system.

Purchased in May 2018 at KJ Multi Maintenance 29 Williams Parade PO Box 320 BAIRNSDALE, Vic 3875 for A$4,800.00.

IrishPat

IrishPatCanberra 2600, ACT

Perfect investment along solar and batteries for my retirement

Installed six weeks ago in suburbs of canberra. I've had my Solar in now for 2 years 10kW and my Tesla was installed just 6 months ago now. The final thing dragging me down on energy was the gas hot water service (i'm getting rid of gas - new ikea induction cooktop was installed same time). The Sanden purrs, it's really quiet. I'm a little hard of hearing so can't even here the thing. Looks good, very nice install and it's running 100% on daytime solar. With our low usage I think we'll be getting 100% rooftop solar / heat pump hot water all year round.

Purchased in June 2019 at Pure Electric for A$4,500.00.

Mark P.Sanden

Thanks Irish Pat , great to hear from another of our many happy customers .

David L.

David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Lack of Communication Experts

Have been trying to contact Sanden and have sent numerous emails but to no avail. Obviously customer service is not one of their fortes so why would one bother to buy one of their products.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$5,000.00.

wwright

wwrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable, Efficient and much cheaper than gas.

I had my Sanden installed in 2014 as part of removing expensive gas from my home.
Almost no maintenance required: I have released water from the finger-tight bleed nipples every year and have cleaned the filter once (not sure whether that was necesary).
I have it running for up to 3 hours overnight in off-peak time and a test I did one time showed that I had enough hot water for over two days. We do not waste water, but also do not go to special lengths to conserve it.
If you have a controlled load power supply it would probably be worth putting the Sanden on the controlled circuit.
I get hot water at a fraction of the cost of just having gas available without even using it.

Purchased in June 2014 at Pure Electric.

Loz

LozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable

Had unit fitted short time later unit failed had parts replaced about 12 months unit playing up again had repaired again and another 12 months unit failed again after spending 5000$ to have a supposedly good unit fitted decided to pull it out as it is to unreliable

Purchased in June 2014 for A$5,000.00.

G5Sydney, NSW

Very efficient and neat unit

Plenty of hot water and has never run out (315L system). We replaced a 27 year old gas storage system and we have the Sanden programmed to run during daylight hours (rain or shine) if required so it runs off the solar panels so costing us nothing to run. Whisper quiet compressor. Pretty quick installation as everything is on ground level so its cheaper installation compared to having water pipes run up into the roof and back. Recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
G5

Now July 2019 and no problems at all. With Solar Power, the Sanden has saved heaps on on our previous gas bill.

fedup

fedupHobart, TAS

Surpassed expectations

Just purchased and had installed. Super quiet and super efficient. Great installation - so neat, well insulated pipework, neat electrics, got rid of excess supply hot water pipe so that we do not now waste hot water waiting for the hot water to arrive. Could not be happier. I am already recommending to all my friends and will continue to do so.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Howie

HowieNorthern Region, NSW

Fantastic!

Have had evacuated tube solar hot water heaters on 2 previous houses in Brisbane which were ok as long as the sun shone. Decided to go Sanden heat pump with a new build having moved to Tenterfield, NSW 2 years ago. Incredible unit - ample hot water, has never run out (315L system) and we have it programmed to run during daylight hours (rain or shine) so it runs off the solar panels we have, thus costing us nothing to run, in effect. Whisper quiet (when showing a neighbour the system he didn't believe it was running until I took him up to it). No E040 error code yet although our water is good quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Outbeck

OutbeckGeelong

Hasn't missed a beat

I've had the unit just over a year now (315 Litre). It hasn't missed a beat and i am happy with the product and corresponding reduction in power bills.
It's very quiet and is programmed to come on in the middle of the day to maximise the available solar power.
I have had no problems with high demand periods.
My only criticism is that it isn't particularly user friendly as far as programming goes. I'd like to modify the start time by an hour, but not very confident.
I'll update if anything changes but so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dread EO40 error

As per many others I have found the EO40 error problem on my three year old unit. Have tried the filter cleaning repair, but it doesn’t make much difference, the unit turns off every few days and has to be rebooted. its clearly a systemic problem as many people report the same issue. This is using Melbourne water which is normally considered reasonable quality. Curiously I have the same unit at my farm where we use tank water, but its passed through 20, then 2, then charcoal filters before use. No problems there, but that is a pretty extreme cleanup that should not be necessary.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Acushla

Acushla

Hot water that isn't hot

Have a major problem with getting hot water. All I get is a water temperature between 45C and 50C at any time of the day. The business I bought it from brought the plumber back to the house and then stated categorically that he would not adjust the mixing valve on the hot water cylinder to a higher setting.
I'm sorry that I was stupid to buy this highly prized hot water system. Phoned Sanden and was informed by the receptionist to get in contact with the firm I bought it from. End of conversation!
Where my 250L Rheem worked flawlessly the Sanden hot water has been a problem from day one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Rogue3

Rogue3Launceston

Really unreliable, turns itself off at the drop of a hat

My mother bought one a year ago . Keeps turning itself off, not for obvious reasons, seems very sensitive to quality of water and electricity, sometimes with error code, sometimes apparently not. Not really fit for purpose.
High installation costs, does not save a huge amount of electricity unless you are using a lot of hot water.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mick

MickSydney

Problem with Heat Pump

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Chris

Chrisasked

Hello,
Can someone please advise whether we can set the temperature that the Sanden heats to (pre-tempering valve). We are off-grid and in winter need to conserve energy. If we can set the Sanden to a lower heating setting in the tank, it will surely help. The water is currently hotter than we need.

Karen

Karenasked

My sanden hot water has stopped working unless I push the reset button on my power board. Then I get enough hot water for one shower.
I cleaned the filter so it is not that.

Mark C

Mark Casked

How do I know when the Sanden Heat Pump hot water system is running?

Ian F.
Ian F.

Is it an older model unit? Mine is 3-5yrs old and was doing same. My plumber who installed it fixed the problem by doing a back flush of the unit to remove silt build up over time inside the system. It works a charm now but with occasional dirty water (not visibly dirty), it will likely need another flush probably annually.
This fixed the problem for me.

Sanden should post how to do a back flush instruction for those with older units. Apparently internal dirt/silt build up is not an issue on the newer models as they redesigned the system to prevent internal dirt build up.

My plumber told me how to do it about a year ago. He said he made up a blank cap to block something whilst doing the flush and I didn’t see it or properly understand his instructions and unfortunately he has moved away from the area. I have his contact details so I’m going try to get him to write it down or explain again. As my unit will likely need it done again soon.
He said it is not hard to do and it didn’t take him long.

Sanden please help with a YouTube instruction if you see this post.

Get an answer from our members and Sanden representatives