Sanden Eco Heat Pump

Fantastic electric Hot water system

Timothy

TimothyIllawarra, NSW

Don't buy it

My compressor died only a few months out of warranty and it was less than four years old. I was convinced by my contractor that Sanden heat pumps were the best around so I bought it. Even though the system was much more expensive than the competing products. When it died Sanden offered me no discount on the new system meaning after not even 4 years my hot water system would have cost over $7000. The manager at Sanden was as unhelpful as he could possibly be, and only after I had threatened to give the plumbing contractor franchise terrible reviews did they offer a 50% discount on the compressor (not including installation). So my system is now working well but it has cost me over $5500. Don't buy it. My review- Thumbs down fart noise.

GordoMid North Coast, NSW

One more try

Purchased in July 2015 at Faircloth & Reynolds for $5,200.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Sanden Eco Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

LifeV

LifeV

Why don’t more people get one?

Have had heat pump for 6 months and cannot rate it highly enough. Super cheap hot water. Unit will pay for itself in no time, especially since it runs off our solar panels.
You need to open release valves every 6 months to a year to ensure optimal performance but this maintenance requirement is nothing when you consider the how much money you save heating your water.

Purchased in August 2020 at Pure Electric.

It has been great runs on solar

Wife convinced me we needed to go Sanden. I was skeptical at first due higher cost than competing units. Convinced me on no noise but for him efficiency and lowest energy costs mattered. We have both had our expectation beat and are so happy with the unit. runs every day on the household solar. Couldn't have imagined no annual energy bill whatsoever for hot water could be a thing but now I know it is true. And the hot water is too hot which is hot enough and it has never ever run out. It's not a machine but a beautiful Japanese princess

Purchased in May 2015 at Pure Electric for $3,950.00.

Mitch

MitchVictoria

Great unit. Has reduced our power bills

Reduced our power usage significantly, power usage is minimal. Very quiet when it’s operating and I can’t hear it from inside. Excellent water pressure. No issues with temperature or using water from a rain tank.

Purchased in November 2020 at EnviroShop.

Ad

Do your research before buying and understand the risks

As some other people have reported here, I also experienced the dreaded E124 error on my heat pump.

Purchased in 2016 and the system was working fine until the error occurred in late 2020, just six months out of warranty.

As others have experienced, my installer advised I was left with no option but to completely replace the heat pump unit at a cost of $3,000+. All because of one faulty circuit board.

As the tank and plumbing is all set up for this unit, I don't see how I'm left with much choice other than to re-commit to Sanden.

On top of that, I've been waiting for more than 2 months for a replacement.

So more than $7,000 for this system so far. And I thought I'd be saving money when I purchased this. Ridiculous.

Purchased in June 2016.

Raychel E.Sanden

Hi Andrew, thanks for your feedback. If you've not already received your replacement Heat Pump unit and have paid for it, then please call us on (02)97910999 to discuss.

Cliff F.

Cliff F.Perth, WA

system faults and shuts down and says low water pressure due to a block screen yet it’s perfect and it will do it again

Don’t buy. System has problems and the system will shut down and will cost you a service person just to reset it and supposedly clean a screen which is clean

Purchased in March 2015 for $4,000.00.

Chris

Chris

Sanden heat pump

Purchased our Sanden heat pump hot water system from Pure Electric a very professional company offering sound advice & support. I'm extremely happy with this system, it's very quiet and efficient have never run out of hot water, it runs on solar during the day and our electricity bill has reduced by half.
Highly recommend both Sanden and Pure-Electric.

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceeded expectations

Our Sanden heat pump was supplied by Pure Electric. It's super quiet, programmable to run at midday (power from our solar system, not the grid), very efficient and we are never short of hot water. It's been in use for 3.5 years and we are extremely happy with it.

Purchased in June 2017 at Pure Electric.

WarwickW

WarwickWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sanden and Pure-Electric - a perfect match

Pure-Electric installed my Sanden three years ago. Very professional, explained everything . Excellent product & support. Never been short of hot water, in fact I tested it once and it was about 40 hours of normal use before the water started to get luke-warm. It is also whisper-quiet when running.
Highly recommend bothe Sanden and Pure-Electric.

Purchased in October 2017 at Pure-Electric.

Simon

SimonBunbury

Whisper quiet, have never been able to run out of hot water.

Whisper quiet, have never been able to run out of hot water. We recently had a significant problem, but Sanden have agreed to remedy it. Whilst technically the issue should have been resolved by the installer, the manufacturer have agreed to remedy via good faith.

Purchased in January 2017 at Ureco for $5,000.00.

Phil

Phil

Sanden Heat Pump

We selected the Sanden heat pump system after much research 3 years ago as the most efficient hot water system available. We have been very happy with it! Paul from Pure Electric was ever so helpful with product support. Definitely recommend them!

Purchased in January 2017 at Pure Electric for $5,000.00.

Kym S.

Kym S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

sanded heat pump

Purchased in October 2020 at Pure Electric for $4,280.00.

Lyneham-Canberra

Lyneham-CanberraCanberra 2600, ACT

Canberra environment - best hot water system

Canberra is cold in winter and I had researched the many types of hot water options, but the Sanden consistently came out on top. We replaced my mother's 1980 solar hot water with it and recently replaced our old gas hot water and we are all so happy with the system. Both were installed by Pure Electric who were great to work with (especially in this COVID environment) and the installs went smoothly. We have plenty of hot water and it only seems to take a couple of hours at the most of the motor running (very quiet) to reach peak hot water. A lot of hot water heat pumps are installed but those who do their research usually end up with a Sanden.

Purchased in September 2020 at Pure Electric.

Noise Level
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Claretnose

Claretnose

Good system made even better by Great Installer -Pure Electric

Purchased in September 2020 at Pure Electric for $5,450.00.

Average Joe

Average JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Issues resolved - Low pressure and Water temp

Purchased in August 2020 for $4,000.00.

Kate D.

Kate D.Northern Region, NSW

Good System- Excellent after sales service

We have had our unit for 4 years. It hadn't skipped a beat until recently our heating unit started leaking internally which caused damaged to the cpu. After to speaking with Sanden head office they were quick to replace the heating unit.

DaveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Sanden need to disclose the presence of the frost protection and how it works

Purchased in May 2020.

predrag

predragSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good and expensive

Paid over 5000 installed. Very quiet. Extremely efficient, way more then other non CO2 pumps (the only other is Reclaim Energy, using the same compressor...) Buy if you can afford.

Purchased for $5,000.00.

scott

scottasked

Can I mount tank and pump in very large garage, just trying to keep the pump away from coastal sea mist.

Raychel E.Sanden

Hi Scott, thanks for your question! We recommend you contact your local Sanden installer and have them confirm if your garage is suitable for placement. You can find your local dealer here on our website: https://www.sanden-hot-water.com.au/locate-installer

Randoasked

Has anyone had any issues with Sanden timer controller? I have just had PV installed and want to set blockout timer accordingly. For starters, the time it was set to was wrong by many hours somI tried to change that to no avail. Couldn't get it to flash. Also, the down arrow doesn't work - doesn't wake up the panel when you press it (enter and up arrow do) can't get to time setting mode or block out setting mode, instructions followed.
There is a bit of condensation when you lift up the lid - how do people deal with that to improve longevity?

Keen to understand if this is a common issue and best way to resolve. I'm a few months left only of the 5 year warranty!

Rando

Wish someone would provide an answer on the condensation. That's happening to me too! Sanden?

Jayrod B.

Jayrod B.asked

Hi A Sanden unit has been recommended to me by my plumber as a energy efficient replacement for my failing off peak HWS, my question is have the circuit board issues been addressed as listed in earlier posts as I will not be going forward with this product if in 4-5 years I’ll be up for a new compressor unit.

Gordo

Sanden have advised me that the circuit board in the new units can currently be bought as a replacement part. I can’t comment on how robust they are compared to the old model.

See all Sanden Eco Heat Pump questions

Get an answer from our members and Sanden representatives