Sanden Eco Heat Pump

Sanden Eco Heat Pump

See the Best Electric Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

IrishPat

IrishPatCanberra 2600, ACT

Perfect investment along solar and batteries for my retirement

Installed six weeks ago in suburbs of canberra. I've had my Solar in now for 2 years 10kW and my Tesla was installed just 6 months ago now. The final thing dragging me down on energy was the gas hot water service (i'm getting rid of gas - new ikea induction cooktop was installed same time). The Sanden purrs, it's really quiet. I'm a little hard of hearing so can't even here the thing. Looks good, very nice install and it's running 100% on daytime solar. With our low usage I think we'll be getting 100% rooftop solar / heat pump hot water all year round.

Purchased in June 2019 at Pure Electric for $4,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Sanden
Mark P.Sanden

Thanks Irish Pat , great to hear from another of our many happy customers .

David L.

David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Lack of Communication Experts

Have been trying to contact Sanden and have sent numerous emails but to no avail. Obviously customer service is not one of their fortes so why would one bother to buy one of their products.

Purchased in April 2019 for $5,000.00.

Sanden
Mark P.Sanden
wwright

wwrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable, Efficient and much cheaper than gas.

I had my Sanden installed in 2014 as part of removing expensive gas from my home.
Almost no maintenance required: I have released water from the finger-tight bleed nipples every year and have cleaned the filter once (not sure whether that was necesary).
I have it running for up to 3 hours overnight in off-peak time and a test I did one time showed that I had enough hot water for over two days. We do not waste water, but also do not go to special lengths to conserve it.
If you have a controlled load power supply it would probably be worth putting the Sanden on the controlled circuit.
I get hot water at a fraction of the cost of just having gas available without even using it.

Purchased in June 2014 at Pure Electric.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Loz

LozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable

Had unit fitted short time later unit failed had parts replaced about 12 months unit playing up again had repaired again and another 12 months unit failed again after spending 5000$ to have a supposedly good unit fitted decided to pull it out as it is to unreliable

Purchased in June 2014 for $5,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

G5Sydney, NSW

Very efficient and neat unit

Plenty of hot water and has never run out (315L system). We replaced a 27 year old gas storage system and we have the Sanden programmed to run during daylight hours (rain or shine) if required so it runs off the solar panels so costing us nothing to run. Whisper quiet compressor. Pretty quick installation as everything is on ground level so its cheaper installation compared to having water pipes run up into the roof and back. Recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
G5

Now July 2019 and no problems at all. With Solar Power, the Sanden has saved heaps on on our previous gas bill.

fedup

fedupHobart, TAS

Surpassed expectations

Just purchased and had installed. Super quiet and super efficient. Great installation - so neat, well insulated pipework, neat electrics, got rid of excess supply hot water pipe so that we do not now waste hot water waiting for the hot water to arrive. Could not be happier. I am already recommending to all my friends and will continue to do so.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Howie

HowieNorthern Region, NSW

Fantastic!

Have had evacuated tube solar hot water heaters on 2 previous houses in Brisbane which were ok as long as the sun shone. Decided to go Sanden heat pump with a new build having moved to Tenterfield, NSW 2 years ago. Incredible unit - ample hot water, has never run out (315L system) and we have it programmed to run during daylight hours (rain or shine) so it runs off the solar panels we have, thus costing us nothing to run, in effect. Whisper quiet (when showing a neighbour the system he didn't believe it was running until I took him up to it). No E040 error code yet although our water is good quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Outbeck

OutbeckGeelong

Hasn't missed a beat

I've had the unit just over a year now (315 Litre). It hasn't missed a beat and i am happy with the product and corresponding reduction in power bills.
It's very quiet and is programmed to come on in the middle of the day to maximise the available solar power.
I have had no problems with high demand periods.
My only criticism is that it isn't particularly user friendly as far as programming goes. I'd like to modify the start time by an hour, but not very confident.
I'll update if anything changes but so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dread EO40 error

As per many others I have found the EO40 error problem on my three year old unit. Have tried the filter cleaning repair, but it doesn’t make much difference, the unit turns off every few days and has to be rebooted. its clearly a systemic problem as many people report the same issue. This is using Melbourne water which is normally considered reasonable quality. Curiously I have the same unit at my farm where we use tank water, but its passed through 20, then 2, then charcoal filters before use. No problems there, but that is a pretty extreme cleanup that should not be necessary.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Acushla

Acushla

Hot water that isn't hot

Have a major problem with getting hot water. All I get is a water temperature between 45C and 50C at any time of the day. The business I bought it from brought the plumber back to the house and then stated categorically that he would not adjust the mixing valve on the hot water cylinder to a higher setting.
I'm sorry that I was stupid to buy this highly prized hot water system. Phoned Sanden and was informed by the receptionist to get in contact with the firm I bought it from. End of conversation!
Where my 250L Rheem worked flawlessly the Sanden hot water has been a problem from day one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Rogue3

Rogue3Launceston

Really unreliable, turns itself off at the drop of a hat

My mother bought one a year ago . Keeps turning itself off, not for obvious reasons, seems very sensitive to quality of water and electricity, sometimes with error code, sometimes apparently not. Not really fit for purpose.
High installation costs, does not save a huge amount of electricity unless you are using a lot of hot water.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Mick

MickSydney

Problem with Heat Pump

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Tony

TonyVictoria

Amazingly efficient and quiet, also no more gas bills :)

This was installed in our Melbourne home in May 2015, we have the larger 315 litre unit. I set the timer to only come on at 1pm when our solar pv is generating.
Most days it runs for approx. 1 hour which means it's using 1 kWh or approx. $0.24 cents. But because we predominantly use solar energy it's costing us the $0.11 cents we would have received from our power utility.
Even on the coldest days in winter it still works perfectly.
We now don't have gas connected to our property as we use heat pumps for heating / cooling as well and an induction cook-top.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Andrew M

Andrew MBrisbane

Excellent system

Had a new Sanden Heat Pump installed by Philip Gilliland (Brisbane), who was very knowledgeable, quick and efficient. Endless hot water and much better pressure than the old Rheem (which did 22 years sterling service). My only issue is the LED clock, which the manual completely fails to tell you how to program, Sanden telling me to call out Phil, who came without complaint.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
ravinder

ravinderCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Sandon heat pump

I actually wrote a review about it few months back and wanted to update on the progress further. Heat pump is excellent provided you do everything by the book and the most important part is the installation. Go with a plumber who is experienced in Sanden heat pump. I had trouble with water running continuously that was due to instability in the water pressure. The water pressure in the tank needs to be 500. Had to get another plumber to fix the problem. No issues now. Very happy. My last quarter bill looked like a bill from 1980's . Very happy customer.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Sanden Heat Pump

When our electric water heater died on us two years ago, we decided to replace it with the Sanden Heat Pump. It has been brilliant. It was a big investment (just under $5000) but we never run out of hot water and our bills reduced greatly. Obviously, we're hoping it will pay for itself in the next few years.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Alex

AlexSydney

My second Sanden system was a lemon....... then turned into Lemonade :)

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Bad caused trouble getting it fixed

New Sanden Water system installed not even a year. It's already not working properly intermittent issue not producing hot water. Very annoying not hot Water In winter What a joke. Thought this would be more reliable than gas hot Water system and older electric system...btw I'm heavily pregnant this is awful.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Tomb

TombSYDNEY

5 years old, still running well

We are having a Sanden/Edson heat pump combination, installed 2011, and so far only one problem in those years where the Sanden unit failed due to leaves/water inside. A technician cleaned it out and it's running again without any issue. It was certainly worth to pay a bit more and glad we didn't go with a Dux.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

Love them, simply the best

Inhave read on here a few bad reviews ,id honestly say from our experience that these units when installed properly are the absolute best
We have installed well over 200 units and i absolutely love them ,we have had our own personel unit for six years ,it never ceases to amaze me how reliable and cheap these units are
We have lots of photos of our installs on our facebook page OREGAN AIR CONDITIONING have a look for yourself
Greg