Sanitarium Weet-Bix Organic

2.5

Rob

RobAU

They are hiding something

I have contacted Sanitarium asking if this product has any amounts of glyphosate( Roundup) in it. as all Australian wheat and other crops are heavily sprayed before harvest to speed up drying. One week later and still no answer. So much for the customer support.

waytogohere

waytogohereMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty much the same as regular weetbix

Peterasked

,I would like to know the levels of glyphosate (weed killer) in 100g of each product from sanitarium, not whether is above or below Australian standards please? Weetbix is a particular favourite and reading recent published literature has me concerned, I eat Weetbix because I considered it a healthy choice.

I am concerned about the safety of the cereals consumed, is it free of glyphosate?
As is likely glyphosate is present, what does sanitarium do to minimize in its products?

Hope you can help me?

Fired Up

I don’t understand why you only ask in a review site instead of contacting the company directly. Lazy.. afraid ?

Peter

I did email the company twice, never received a single reply. Hence asking more generally.

Tony B.

same here maybe they are hiding something i have asked that question a few times over a year ago but no answer

Tony B.asked

i would like to know if your gluten free weet bix are sprayed with glyphosate if so why? Sanitarium supposed to be a health food company we know that glyphosate is highly toxic

Peter

I also would like to know the answer to this as well, in the UK recent testing has put it above prescribed levels in products similar to those sold in Australia, Weetabix, a wheat based cereal where products like Roundup are used for weed control. Those levels maybe too high, the allowed levels have been subject to review?

A recent study has glyphosate supports a compelling link with non-Hodgkin lymphoma... I think sanitarium should have very well prepared to this type of question, I would like to know the levels in 100g of each product, not if is above or below Australian standards, which may or may not be set correctly, please?