Scorptec Computers

• Incentivised Review Yes (3%) · No (97%)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (13) · No (15)

Graham P.

Graham P.

Competitive prices and fair dinkum customer service

I naively bought a razer keyboard with ‘green switches’. After opening the plastic seals on the box I realised the keys were too loud, closed it up again and called Scorptec to discuss a swap. They agreed but didn’t tell me they would charge me 15% - in the end they nullified the extra cost of swapping which was good of them

Store LocationMacquarie park

pauluswmaximus

pauluswmaximusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great store overall as competition to the other discount computer store

If you are sick of using that three letter word computer store, scorptec is a great alernative, while the staff are friendlier, the process of being in store could be a bit better, the postage charges were higher then expected so I went in store to pick up, overall will use these guys before anyone else.

Store LocationScorptec Clayton
Product PurchasedAcer Predator Helios 300
Carolina R.

Carolina R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

I bought a $2000 computer and after 30 days stoped working.
I have been waiting for 30 days for any feedback or refund and nothing.
I definitely do not recommend this shop.

Daniel S.

Daniel S.Sydney, NSW

Don't use courier as a delivery service

great place to shop. But courier service on the other hand not helpful. i was not there for the first drop off, but the second time i told them i was not going to be there on that date. I wish i would of had it just dropped off at the post office. Now waiting for phone call back from Scorptec.
I'm waiting

Lawrence

Lawrence

Patient, excellent customer service

Shaun and Thomas have been great helping me navigate various issues in my new mini audio production pc build. This was my first AMD build, and I had various questions specific to building around that.

The memory kit i ordered was faulty, and shaun took it back without hesitation, and answering my various questions about brand optimizations and replacements.

My cougar case apparently needed a specific power plug orientation but didnt specify or recommend even of their own brand. So of course the power supply didnt fit. Thomas sorted me with a replacement, no dramas and no fees.

Finally got my pc in order, the advice i received has been sound, and I really am grateful for the kind and patient service.

Michael J.

Michael J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Product Inventory, Great Customer Service

Product PurchasedMSi Infinite PC

fsayed22

fsayed22Sydney, NSW

Went in to the Auburn store a few weeks back, first time shopping with Scorptec. Would happily recommend, based on customer service from sales people. Special mention to Tex and Syd.

Kristina Sanchez

Kristina SanchezSydney

They will say items are in stock to stop you from buying elsewhere.

I bought a Phanteks mITX case and a Cooler Master PSU both of which were said to be in stock and after I purchased them they said it won't be available for a week. Its been nearly 3 WEEKS NOW and they still say the PSU hasn't arrived yet. I'm not even ordering by delivery mind you, I'm ordering for PICK-UP. On top of this, when I question them about my order it takes them a whole week to reply! WHY? Do you purposely ignore my emails?
I've always bought from Mwave and PCCG but decided to buy from Scorptec because the items I wanted were a bit cheaper and in stock. Never again.

I do not recommend this store to anyone. You have been warned.

Andrew

Andrewmelbourne

Excellent range and service

My first purchase from Scorptec was a bit over a year ago, had them custom build a PC for me, rather than going with one of their prebuilt options I simply stated all the items I wanted and had them put it together.

They did a fantastic job, the build was clean and neat, great cable management. The PC is still going great as you would hope and expect. Have bought several items since, never had any issues.

Store LocationClayton
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Courier and lack of response to my complaint.

Product PurchasedFlight Simulator Hardware
Dr. Hasen Williams
Dr. Hasen Williams

Hui Chen

Hui ChenMelbourne

Solved after getting email from management.

I was contacted by someone from Scorptec via email about my experience in-store and was provided a full remedy.
Shouldn't have been so difficult to begin with but happy with the outcome.

Abhorrenr customer service

Warranty was to be returned to me. Wasn't posted back for 4 days. Supposedly due to a courier failing to collect which is utter crap. Offered to pay express shipping return. Was told it would be express. Ended up having to call them to find out that it was only standard shipped. Because it only takes 1 to 2 days anyway. Three days later package arrives... That wasn't what I wanted. I would have gladly paid extra for it to be expressed given I had been without a gpu for 3 weeks already given their abysmal warranty checks. Will never purchase from this company again and will make sure to go out of my way to make sure all friends, communities and online gaming buddies know to never purchase from them either

Product Purchased5700xt

Dean.D.

Dean.D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service & Advice

Went & visited the Clayton Branch to purchase some parts for a new PC build. I had no intention of getting the whole system there but the service & advice from Alex P was fantastic. Now I have a PC which is an absolute beast! It plays everything & anything on Ultra Settings.

I will definitely be back again if I need more PC parts, just because of the service.

Store LocationClayton
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Completely ridiculous handling of warranty

Items purchased 17/6

Warranty claim lodged 25/7

Followed up in late August, was told to re-lodge claim as they had no idea about it

Warranty claim finally approved 10/9

Warranty claim rejected 19/9 (nine days later) as "items not received within 14 days"

They've been difficult to deal with the entire time, failed to respond to emails, hard to get a hold of anyone... will never order from Scorptec again

Adam T.

Adam T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy customer!

Wanted TridentZ Neo 3600Mhz. Got TridentZ Neo 3600Mhz. Easy to navigate, easy to order, order fulfilled in 3 days. Can't say a bad word. Customer service was excellent, speedy response to my queries. Will definitely shop with Scorptec again!

Don

DonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non existent phone support

I purchased a gaming computer from them, its a great computer (Crystal 280, Bazooka 360 & GTX1080) however I have needed some tech support and on two separate occasions I have called and the first time I was on hold for 11 minutes (option 2 for tech support) and the second time 12 minutes (option 1 for sales). I'm sure its a simple answer to my question however ill never know!

If your going to need any tech support try somewhere else!

Absolutely terrible service

Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Poor communication and delivery time alignment

*Update: have now received a call back and upgraded rating accordingly.

Ordered a full system almost 1 month ago and the CPU is still outstanding. The CPU itself is in short supply, so the delay is understandable, however the communication has been very poor. After ordering on the 18/7, I was advised delivery would be 30/7. Each week since then I've been told it will come in the following week and the date keeps getting pushed back. The worst part is they accidentally cancelled my order and when they re-entered it, put me at the back of the queue.

Have been told someone will be in touch but so far no call and now the only communication I receive is when I call them.

Still waiting for my order and a call from head office on ETA.

Stephen M.

Stephen M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Always great service

Buying from the South Melbourne store is a breeze. I used to buy at MSY but now only buy from Scorptec. Easy, quick, recipt emailed to you. Just a great experience.

Nathan H.Sydney, NSW

ASUS cashback offer followed up for a great result.

I had an issue with a cashback offer with ASUS.

David from Scorptec followed it up for me, and provided great service, even the issue wasn't Scorptecs fault.

Thanks for all your work David.

Nathan.

Product PurchasedAsus Zenbook

Order number is 1115330

Damien T.asked

Why did you tell me on the 28th November 2019 that all lg 27gl850 monitors were sold out when I waited til the 3rd of December for restock only to get one that was delivered on the 27th. This must be a returned monitor which was faulty and you repacked it and sold it to me. I would like to have been told it was a return and am not happy with the phone service I have received over the last week as it all seems to be lies. First time customer that has never had a problem with capitol computers for 5 years. It sucks to trust your company and then see all the bad reviews you have after coming home and seeing the packaging. What would be my options as it is still unopened and less than 3 hours since purchase.

Hi Damien,

Without more information such as your order number we cannot provide exact information, however it appears as though the stock used to fulfil your order was received into our system on the same day that it was allocated to your order. Please note that there is often a time difference between when stock is invoiced by our supplier to when it can be received into our active stock to then be sold, there are a myriad of possible reasons why this may take a couple business days.

We do not resell returned, opened, or warranty items as brand new products - these are all clearly labelled and sold as ex-demo products. If your product has not been opened or used in any way, then it should be something we can accept as a return - however our team will need to perform an inspection prior to a return being approved.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at: feedback@scorptec.com.au

Damien T.

Hi my order number is 1217587 if you like I can upload my invoice to you if you have an optional way

Ethan S.

Ethan S.asked

If I buy a computer can I refund it if I do not like

Hi Ethan,

We do not generally accept returns of systems that have been setup, or used at all. Our returns policy generally requires that returns of this nature must still be in brand new unopened condition.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact our sales team at: sales@scorptec.com.au

Jol

Jolasked

Do you ship to NSW?

Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Hi Jol, we ship Australia wide with multiple available shipping options and have two stores located in Sydney where you can click and collect orders from.
David | Scorptec

Get an answer from our members and Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) representatives