3.1

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (22) · No (38)

Brad

BradGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not stand behind advertised claims

Bought a keyboard Scorptec advertised to be tested to 70 million keystrokes. After only a few years the keyboard no longer works and Scorptec have washed their hands of it

Store LocationSouth Melbourne
Product PurchasedLogitech G810 Keyboard
hahaha

hahahaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Best company for buying online.

I had a problem with one of online shop that place no idea. Dead-slow response and Seems they don't want to keep business anymore.
However Scorptec help me a lot. There has real time for checking stock system, polite sales staff members, good price and easy transactions as well!!
I was so happy to buy my computer system !
Thank you Scorptec !

Product Purchasedsamsung

Outstanding service in trying times A+

Purchased a large item from Scorptec not long ago, expected some delay due to covid but my order was processed and shipped in a matter of hours and received the following day no issues at all. Their stock listings seem very accurate and are updated constantly. Great job Scorptec keep it up.

LetterAfterZ

LetterAfterZ3169

Excellent value and service

I’ve bought a lot of computer parts and accessories from Scorptec over the years. I highly recommend their value for money, range but also customer service - something rarer in this space.

Store LocationMulgrave, Vic

Fraudsters

Scorptec sell old products for new prices refuse to consult or take calls or do exchanges all on the premise of Covid risk. I was stupid to buy from them.

Store LocationSouth Melbourne
Product PurchasedLenovo X1 Carbon

RageRockyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I spent over $2000 and still working on a lower spec CPU than before

Store LocationClayton, VIC
Doug

DougSydney, NSW

Perfect!

Recently purchased a power supply and chair from Scorptec. Both were shipped out the same day of purchase and arrived within two days even during the current times
Outstanding thank you

Daniel Larson

Daniel LarsonNarre Warren South

Miscommunication and lack of updates

During the course of my order that has been in place for 3 weeks, I've had to engage with the sales team multiple times to organise a motherboard for a bundle package.

The after ordering and item that was meant to be available, was actually at the suppliers warehouse.
A week later, I contacted to find out how long until it arrives and was told there were none left, but was one at another store and would be transfered.

Contact them today and find out that motherboard was actually given to someone else (1.5 weeks later) and had only just found this out because I CONTACTED THEM.

Absolutely usless

Product Purchasedmotherboard
Peter P.

Peter P.Palmerston, NT

Used to be good, useless now

Have used Scorptec for years but lately I have had to cancel orders as “In Stock” items were delayed for weeks on end. The first few weeks revised ETAs were provided then radio silence.

solemn dawnWatson 2602, ACT

Terrible Refund Policy

Brendan W.

Brendan W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another dodgy zero stock website

Dodgy bait website. Deliberately and deceptively keep discontinued and zero stock products listed on their website with heavily reduced prices. When you try to visit the product it has suggestions for more expensive products. Dodgy. So many computer websites are doing this.

Tyler N.

Tyler N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your time with Scorptec.

Ordered an item claimed to be in stock. Waited 10 days and my order was still pending.
Took me 4 1/2 hours of calling Scorptec, them constantly hanging up on me for them to finally answer, only to tell me they simply don't know where my product is, 2 more days and I cancelled my order, again.... on hold and them hanging up on me for 3 hours....

Product PurchasedASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
Mitch B

Mitch BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Warranty issue

I put a deposit on a new computer system on the 6 of may 2019 and paid and picked up on the 17th. On the date of pick up the computer was advertised $100 cheaper than purchase price so I sent an email asking for a credit but no reply. The keyboard failed on the 8th of may 2020. Scorptec said keyboard was out of warranty, but cooler master web site says 2 years on keyboards, and it would take up to two weeks to investigate claim. Try home schooling 4 kids with no computer.
I’ve recommended this store to a few of my mate even after the no reply after purchase but are unlikely to ever do again.

Store LocationRowville
Orco

OrcoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Order did not delivered in 30 days, no clue when

I'm in melbourne and placed the order at 10th of April, processing time took 10 days for the shipping which i was okay with it, then Australia post lost the parcel after that moment neither Australia post or scorptec helped me a tiny bit. I placed enquiry for both sides and none of them able to give me any info,deadline or refund option not even a apologize. I have still no idea when my order is gonna arrive and have bunch of pc parts on my hand. If any of them are faulty I can't return them anymore. If scorptec was giving me any kind solution or a deadline to fix the situation i could be fine with this.
If you value your time and don't want to get stressed spend few more bucks if necessary and choose one of the alternatives.

Andrew

AndrewThe Mallee, VIC

Worst experience ever

The worst experience I have ever had, I don't recommend this company whatsoever. I ordered a pc and a monitor both were in stock and would be ready within 3-5 business days. I get a email last night telling me the monitor will will be here in a month, so I called them to find out they don't even make the computer I had already paid for.... so I began to work with them and he offered me another monitor for 10$ more.. I asked because of the muck around if he could throw it in. Straight away no, horrible service horrible website. Just bad. Don't bother here. I had to contact them to find out all this btw. Not even a email...

My Experience Shopping with Scorptec

I saw a few negative reviews before ordering here so I though I'd leave my review too.
After being stuck at home due to the pandemic I decided to order some PC parts to build a new PC. It took them 10 days to find and ship everything and another 7 days for the components to arrive.
Generally speaking those times aren't the best, but when you factor in the delays associated with supply chains and delivery in general due to the pandemic, then I'd say those times are excellent.
I think others will also be satisfied shopping with Scorptec as long as they have realistic shipping time expectations.
Keep in mind I haven't used their customer support since everything turned out fine, so I can't really comment on their aftersale staff.

Catherine

CatherineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lost me as a once long standing customer forever

Sold a product on the recommendation of their salesperson which turned out to be not fit for purpose and refused to take it back or apply a credit- so disappointed. Was not warned headsets were a non returnable item and despite asking for a quality product to use for virtual training- received one that required the cord to be attached to a telephone connection. Could not use them and wasted $350. Wii never shop there again.

Fast and reliable

We had been let down by a large retailer with our ordered sitting on various stages of processing for three weeks before being abruptly 'cancelled' (on the day of my son's 13th birthday, which it was supposed to be the present for). Looked at the same item in scorptec - it was handy to be able to see it was in stock after our last experience. We paid a little extra for fast delivery, ordered on the Tuesday and arrived on the Friday. My son is super happy and on the laptop now :)

Product PurchasedRazer Blade laptop
Tim R

Tim RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good experience getting a custom PC built

The online system builder was very helpful, as was the website. The process of ordering was good, communication was good. Despite Covid-19, components were sourced quickly and the the build was done two days ahead of the first ETA. The pick-up process was good, and clearly with a lot of focus on staff safety.
Most importantly, the machine was well built and well packed. I am very pleased with the process.

Store LocationClayton, Vic
Product PurchasedCustom Linux Desktop
Alan F

Alan FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great products and prices , a bit slow updating orders

Online store worked well. Found products , checked stock at local store all good , placed order and paid and selected pick up. this was at 8 Pm on a friday, no ready email at 11 Am next day so I call. Advised ill get a text soon but never happened. As store closes at 2 on a Saturday I just went in. Showed my order and the guys then went and picked stock. great service from the customer facing people , warehouse and online orders people need some improvement

Product PurchasedAMD Ryzen 5 3600X

Daniel C.

Daniel C.asked

Online store

I was about to order from your store when I noticed that you have provided an optional 'shipping insurance' fee.
Can you please explain the purpose of the fee? It is my understanding that under Australian Consumer Laws, the merchant is responsible for getting the item safely to the door of the customer. Ie. if a component is dead on arrival, lost in post or otherwise damaged, the merchant is liable for a refund or replacement.

Can you explain why does the consumer need to pay for insurance? What protections does it provide above and beyond normal ACL protections?

Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Thanks for your question, we offer shipping insurance in accordance with ACL guidelines - covering loss or damage to goods after they have left our control.

As our delivery partners are independent of our business, these deliveries are outside of our control. These services do not provide protection against loss or damages, which is why we offer this to ensure peace of mind for our customers.

Please keep in mind that consumer guarantees against defects are separate from the delivery of goods. If your order arrives without incident but there is a problem with a product, this is of course protected under ACL.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at: feedback@scorptec.com.au

Ivan Li

Ivan Liasked

Scorptec Computers

Hello Sir/Madam, May I ask if I have placed an order needed to wait for Warehouse Allocation, am I still able to cancel this order incur fees or not, thus placing another order on the updated product. As I didn't check clearly from Scorpect Computers Website. Thank you

Iceman
Iceman

You should should shoot them the same question.

Hi Ivan,

As long as we are able to intercept the order before it is processed and picked up by the delivery partner we should have no issues cancelling & refunding the order in full.

Please contact our sales team via our website and they will be able to help you out.

David | Scorptec

Daniel

Danielasked

Scorptec Computers

When will stores restock on sold out items?

Hi Daniel,

At this stage it is unclear when we will be restocking the stores - this largely depends on further indication from both federal and state governments on how mandated shutdowns impact our stores. We are working on getting and providing clarification as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience and understanding throughout these unprecedented times.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@scorptec.com.au

David | Scorptec

Get an answer from our members and Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) representatives