Seek.com.au

Seek.com.au

See the Best Employment & Recruitment Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joke.

Seen a few jobs that had everything they are looking for in my CV and more. Surely I would at least get short listed, right? Next day I get an email “application is unlikely to progress”. Talk about demoralising, when you know your more than qualified for the job and you get shut down. Seek is a waste of time.

Prices going up, quality of candidates going down!

I've used SEEK for a number of years now. It used to be reasonably priced, it's now close to $900 per premium job avert and the level of candidates is so poor its untrue. You spend all your time putting together a brief and certain credentials to be met by candidates for them to be flat our ignored. Basically, anyone applies for any role it's like the wild west. I'm actually at the stage now where I'm actually looking to use a recruiter over SEEK, sad times!

Shows you jobs you're not interested in.

Seek is alright, I just find it incredibly annoying when I only want to look at jobs in my local area and it comes back with jobs that are 50km+ away, you should be able to select a maximum travel distance option like nearly every other online based tool in existance!

A complete waste of time.

Seek was once the go to site for finding work, but is now overrun with fake ads from recruiters. Seek would do well to police the content of their own site and/or add an option to hide recruiter ads. Seek may be making money from these fake ads but have destroyed their reputation in the process.

Great,...BUT..

Seek as a plattform is great, but Seek would do themselves a favour to advise Companies to NOT advertise fake jobs, only when those jobs in fact really existing. It gets the wrong impressions for those who really look for employment. It is frustrating to see those jobs popping up week after week, to then find out, that these positions not really existing. That is fishing for clients.

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time!

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time! Hundreds + jobs listed by recruitment companies for job that do not exist. Absolute scam and do not upload your CV or list your salary expectation - basically information farming

Don’t waste your time

Fake jobs and repeat ads give the impression that there is more work that there actually is. Dishonest site that contributes to the unemployment problem. Extremely frustrating to see employment and job statistics skewed by corporate parasites.

Fake Jobs Advertised

I am sick and tired of the FAKE JOBS advertised on SEEK.

Firstly why do SEEK allow companies to place adverts without saying who they are ... ok they might not want to let a person on their staff know they are advertising their job .... But how can you address a covering letter with the job criteria if you dont know who the job is for ... Surely any reputable company wants the best person for the job !!!!

Seek should make companies state so who they are so that legitimate job seekers can check them out !!!!

RECRUITERS advertise crap jobs to make up their weekly stats.....
Recruitment companies put fake jobs on seek to get your Resumes ..... Recruiters have TARGETS to meet and the more Resumes they generate the more targets they reach and they get their Bonuses !!!
Ever wondered how the job market is so slow at the moment yet There are so many recruitment agents..... There are not enough jobs out there so they have to lie!!!

The other week there was an ADVERT placed on SEEK by a "private advertiser" but the wording in the ad eluded to it being ANZ Bank. I contacted ANZ's HR Department and they told me the advert was not put on by them and that they have their ANZ company name on their adverts. I contacted SEEK and got the same generic email back from them....Blah, Blah, Blahhhhh ...
"If you would like to officially report this matter, we encourage you to raise the issue with the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission. Please remember to let them know that you have had issues with a SEEK advertiser".

Basically, anyone can create and pay for a listing, collect personal data and use it for anything they like. ... SEEK get their money and they dont care ..... thats business!!!

What has happened to Seek's search function?!

Something is seriously wrong with Seek's search ability. It seems to have fallen off in quality badly since the last time I had to use it (about two years ago).

Search for 'marketing' jobs and it will show you jobs for CNC machinists, drivers and other completely irrelevant positions. Ditto for location - put in a specific suburb and it will show you the entire city.

They also seem to have removed filters, so it's *really* hard to get rid of all the garbage.

Seek.com trading as Certsy

Do not upload you information to the direct website.

The employer is NOT asking for this information Seek.com and seek.com trading as Certsy are!!!!!

I am still waiting for mine to be deleted as you are not able to do this yourself

Bewaring of Manipulation of applications

I have actually contacted people i have applied to through seek after getting 'has indicated that your application for' I believe seek has a filter and if you dont have the 'ping' words your application does not go through annnnd then seeks Auto system sends this through... More the 90% of my applications do not get through seeks filters... Dont use it... Indeed, careersone, jora look for others.

I have reported seek to the appropriate authorities... You should do the same. As when you put in the relevent questions to find answers. Seek has deliberately made this a rat warren... They have No transparency

Service

Worst customer service ever. They have the don't care attitude if you are dissatisfied about something. Don't advertise through these guys. Don't give them your business.

employers reviews a fraud

I wrote two reviews about two catholic schools and one Anglican involving bullying, false allegations, harassment, high level of discrimination. All certified band proved by won work compensation court cases, accepted claims by the human rights commission etc. However none of my stories has been allowed to come out. they are scared to loose the advertising and jobs publication. So as far as I concern do not offer the service if you can keep the standards.
Very low standards and ethical levels.

Ageism or ERMS

I never had any trouble getting a job up till about 5 years ago. I took some time off at the end of the mining boom in WA. Since I have been trying to reentre I have hit an invisable wall. Seek seem to have a monopoly in this area & they use ERMS technology that is discriminating on age. Everyone I know over 60 cannot get past this to get a job in their usual occupation. Its high time the Goverment had an investigation into the actions of Seek & other companies that use erms.

Employers Review

I just read a comment on the review option for employees to rate and comment on working with companies.
i Agree with the Business owner, how is this even considered to be justified and correct when it is usually a one sided story from disgruntled employees that were not performing and problematic. We are the ones paying for the service yet they allow negative comments on your Business to be posted. Our Business prides itself on Honesty, integrity and a great working environment where staff turnover is low and have many long standing employees that are totally dedicated to our organisation. This is a terrible and damaging very unprofessional seek .

Please explain

The site wont let me log on and when I try to reset my password it says link is invalid.

Never had a reply to applications, been using seek for many years.

Still waiting for explanation. Still having the same issue, tried other computers, phones, WiFi and data.

Small Business Owner

As a small business I purchased x2 AD packs at $709 each, well waste of time, no hire all unsuitable not qualifying for Trades positions. Candidates applying from all African states and South America! In the ads clearly stating AU & NZ Residents Only! One hopeful candidate ticked all boxes qualified only to contact him and he advised me odd as he was 72 year old retiree! Did not apply for position!

So Seek are you purging and pushing non existent applicants resumes to company email, these applicants really didn’t apply for role! Waste of money, provide a service and if roles are not filled then companies and businesses can relist jobs until there’s a hire! Yeah but no! Money hungry grubs!

Will never ever use SEEK again! Rating??? Negative-0

Useless site and app

Dozens of applications sent out for jobs that I was qualified for. Not ONE single response. Not even “ sorry we passed on your application “!!! I’d be almost 100% certain these employers don’t even get my application
Complete waste of time.
If your an employer... don’t use this site.

Waste of time

Where do I begin? I wish I could rate zero stars because I'm unsure whether any of the 'jobs' posted on seek are actually real, or if they're all just recruitment groups!!!
There are so many jobs that are 'too good to be true' and that's because they are, they're bait to lure people in and to get them to sign up for recruitment companies where they attempt to sign you up for training and waste vulnerable people's time!!!
I have contacted seek about this many times where I'm told that its unacceptable and they do not support that as a part of their terms and conditions, yet the multiple job advertisements for the same position and the scamming companies are allowed to continue to post??

It's hard enough to get a job, and seek makes it harder by allowing companies to waste your time!

We have decided to stop using Seek as an avenue due to their poor technology and awful customer serv

We have used Seek to advertise roles for the past 15 years and generally been pretty happy. We implemented an HRIS solution a couple of years ago and were initially having trouble getting candidates to apply through seek to that solution. After some discussion Seek agreed to allow us to post the links to our HRIS.

Recently we formed another company and setup a new Seek profile. Seek advised us they would no longer make an exception and allow us to post links from the Seek adverts to our HRIS citing term 25 of their T & Cs. It makes no sense for any progressive company who has taken the important step of getting a good HRIS to work with job advertisement boards/companies that do not integrate.

The customer service was some of the worst we have experienced in our time in business. We have terminated our relationship with the company and will use alternative providers.