Seek.com.au

Seek.com.au

See the Best Employment & Recruitment Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BetterWorld

BetterWorldGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Ease Of Use > Beware Email Alerts

The search functions are unnecessarily cumbersome.
Both searches and email alerts send out the same job over and over again.
There are no smarts to avoid wasting the time, each search/e-alert, trolling through the results again.
Seek indicates "You might be a strong applicant", but is really not remotely accurate.
Overall - it is best picking key organisations if possible to avoid using Seek, as it is unnecessarily chews up so much time.

Katie

KatieSouth Australia

A joke and easily the worst job seeker site for diversity and inclusion

J B.

J B.

Joke.

Seen a few jobs that had everything they are looking for in my CV and more. Surely I would at least get short listed, right? Next day I get an email “application is unlikely to progress”. Talk about demoralising, when you know your more than qualified for the job and you get shut down. Seek is a waste of time.

Nathan Elly

Nathan EllyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prices going up, quality of candidates going down!

I've used SEEK for a number of years now. It used to be reasonably priced, it's now close to $900 per premium job avert and the level of candidates is so poor its untrue. You spend all your time putting together a brief and certain credentials to be met by candidates for them to be flat our ignored. Basically, anyone applies for any role it's like the wild west. I'm actually at the stage now where I'm actually looking to use a recruiter over SEEK, sad times!

Adam C

Adam CAU

Shows you jobs you're not interested in.

Seek is alright, I just find it incredibly annoying when I only want to look at jobs in my local area and it comes back with jobs that are 50km+ away, you should be able to select a maximum travel distance option like nearly every other online based tool in existance!

A complete waste of time.

Seek was once the go to site for finding work, but is now overrun with fake ads from recruiters. Seek would do well to police the content of their own site and/or add an option to hide recruiter ads. Seek may be making money from these fake ads but have destroyed their reputation in the process.

Marcus

MarcusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great,...BUT..

Seek as a plattform is great, but Seek would do themselves a favour to advise Companies to NOT advertise fake jobs, only when those jobs in fact really existing. It gets the wrong impressions for those who really look for employment. It is frustrating to see those jobs popping up week after week, to then find out, that these positions not really existing. That is fishing for clients.

Mark W.

Mark W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time!

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time! Hundreds + jobs listed by recruitment companies for job that do not exist. Absolute scam and do not upload your CV or list your salary expectation - basically information farming

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Don’t waste your time

Fake jobs and repeat ads give the impression that there is more work that there actually is. Dishonest site that contributes to the unemployment problem. Extremely frustrating to see employment and job statistics skewed by corporate parasites.

Unhappy Shopper

Unhappy ShopperPerth, WA

Fake Jobs Advertised

coco

cocoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What has happened to Seek's search function?!

Something is seriously wrong with Seek's search ability. It seems to have fallen off in quality badly since the last time I had to use it (about two years ago).

Search for 'marketing' jobs and it will show you jobs for CNC machinists, drivers and other completely irrelevant positions. Ditto for location - put in a specific suburb and it will show you the entire city.

They also seem to have removed filters, so it's *really* hard to get rid of all the garbage.

Seek.com trading as Certsy

Do not upload you information to the direct website.

The employer is NOT asking for this information Seek.com and seek.com trading as Certsy are!!!!!

I am still waiting for mine to be deleted as you are not able to do this yourself

Bewaring of Manipulation of applications

I have actually contacted people i have applied to through seek after getting 'has indicated that your application for' I believe seek has a filter and if you dont have the 'ping' words your application does not go through annnnd then seeks Auto system sends this through... More the 90% of my applications do not get through seeks filters... Dont use it... Indeed, careersone, jora look for others.

I have reported seek to the appropriate authorities... You should do the same. As when you put in the relevent questions to find answers. Seek has deliberately made this a rat warren... They have No transparency

Service

Worst customer service ever. They have the don't care attitude if you are dissatisfied about something. Don't advertise through these guys. Don't give them your business.

employers reviews a fraud

I wrote two reviews about two catholic schools and one Anglican involving bullying, false allegations, harassment, high level of discrimination. All certified band proved by won work compensation court cases, accepted claims by the human rights commission etc. However none of my stories has been allowed to come out. they are scared to loose the advertising and jobs publication. So as far as I concern do not offer the service if you can keep the standards.
Very low standards and ethical levels.

Mike Cramb

Mike CrambSydney, NSW

Ageism or ERMS

I never had any trouble getting a job up till about 5 years ago. I took some time off at the end of the mining boom in WA. Since I have been trying to reentre I have hit an invisable wall. Seek seem to have a monopoly in this area & they use ERMS technology that is discriminating on age. Everyone I know over 60 cannot get past this to get a job in their usual occupation. Its high time the Goverment had an investigation into the actions of Seek & other companies that use erms.

Employers Review

I just read a comment on the review option for employees to rate and comment on working with companies.
i Agree with the Business owner, how is this even considered to be justified and correct when it is usually a one sided story from disgruntled employees that were not performing and problematic. We are the ones paying for the service yet they allow negative comments on your Business to be posted. Our Business prides itself on Honesty, integrity and a great working environment where staff turnover is low and have many long standing employees that are totally dedicated to our organisation. This is a terrible and damaging very unprofessional seek .

MicCOOMERA

Please explain

The site wont let me log on and when I try to reset my password it says link is invalid.

Never had a reply to applications, been using seek for many years.

Mic

Still waiting for explanation. Still having the same issue, tried other computers, phones, WiFi and data.

Noah

Noah

Small Business Owner

John M.

John M.

Useless site and app

Dozens of applications sent out for jobs that I was qualified for. Not ONE single response. Not even “ sorry we passed on your application “!!! I’d be almost 100% certain these employers don’t even get my application
Complete waste of time.
If your an employer... don’t use this site.