Seek.com.au

Seek.com.au

See the Best Employment & Recruitment Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tommo Mctavish

Tommo MctavishWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Answering employers questions before clicking 'apply'

Beware!! Double check before clicking 'apply' that you answer all the employers questions correctly. Maybe even print yourself a copy or take a screenshot. 3 times in past few weeks I have received 'application feedback' from seek where it says I have not matched the employers preferences due to answering 'no' when I clearly clicked 'yes' to the employers questions. Just phoned seek, said it must have been my fault, suggested I scrolled my pointer over and accidently changed the answer unknowingly, before clicking 'apply'. Really?

As bad as youtube

Frustrating!!!! Recommends jobs that have absolutely nothing to do with me. Ive also noticed if I look at a job with a title Im not sure of , that job goes straight onto my recommendations and this Certsy branch from them I just do not trust at all.

Pheonix

PheonixPerth, WA

7 months and still no Police Clearance certificate

Do yourself a favour and do not try to get a police clearance certificate through this company. I have been trying for months, give up, try again, (because they took my money straight away) provide everything they need only to be answered by a BOT saying my license is not valid, yet I get an email stating my license is valid and should share it on seek, which I do. Then days later I get an email asking to update my information? They should look at their own website before blaming others for their own poor performance. Completely frustrated. Go anywhere else to get a check but do not waste your money with this company.

Mr potato head

Mr potato headSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

I got a job or two off Seek years ago but now I'm over 55 and with trade qualifications and experience just rejected nowadays.
Recently all the jobs on Seek have been posted weeks ago. Even in the new jobs tab ,the most recent posted job was 2 weeks ago. I think a lot of people are moving off on to Facebook and other social media platforms now to look for jobs
. I think Seek is pretty well had it now .
also it seems as though it's always the same old jobs from the same employers now all time ,one wonders if they're actually really jobs there at all.
I would not recommend seek anymore
If I could give it 0 stars I would

jjjjj

jjjjj

Just useless, better off cold calling

Location based searches barely work, and there seems to be some sort of hopeless algorithm that if you search for a job close to home it brings up everything but.
Lacks the search refinement tools oe options to make it usefull and a powerful job seeking tool. Havent had one decent job thru seek since it was first on the internet.

Chantel N.

Chantel N.

Time wasting

1. A lot of the jobs that are listed have expired, should be taken down immediately. I have read around 50 jobs; only to get to the end and find out it is too late to apply.
2. A lot of emails- with job suggestions, that are not what you are looking for.
3. Get job offers/expressions of interest from employers that view your profile/resume..this would be great if they were the type of jobs you wanted..not what you have already done, the opposite of what you search and apply for!

BetterWorld

BetterWorldGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Ease Of Use > Beware Email Alerts

The search functions are unnecessarily cumbersome.
Both searches and email alerts send out the same job over and over again.
There are no smarts to avoid wasting the time, each search/e-alert, trolling through the results again.
Seek indicates "You might be a strong applicant", but is really not remotely accurate.
Overall - it is best picking key organisations if possible to avoid using Seek, as it is unnecessarily chews up so much time.

Katie

KatieSouth Australia

A joke and easily the worst job seeker site for diversity and inclusion

J B.

J B.

Joke.

Seen a few jobs that had everything they are looking for in my CV and more. Surely I would at least get short listed, right? Next day I get an email “application is unlikely to progress”. Talk about demoralising, when you know your more than qualified for the job and you get shut down. Seek is a waste of time.

Nathan Elly

Nathan EllyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prices going up, quality of candidates going down!

I've used SEEK for a number of years now. It used to be reasonably priced, it's now close to $900 per premium job avert and the level of candidates is so poor its untrue. You spend all your time putting together a brief and certain credentials to be met by candidates for them to be flat our ignored. Basically, anyone applies for any role it's like the wild west. I'm actually at the stage now where I'm actually looking to use a recruiter over SEEK, sad times!

Adam C

Adam CAU

Shows you jobs you're not interested in.

Seek is alright, I just find it incredibly annoying when I only want to look at jobs in my local area and it comes back with jobs that are 50km+ away, you should be able to select a maximum travel distance option like nearly every other online based tool in existance!

A complete waste of time.

Seek was once the go to site for finding work, but is now overrun with fake ads from recruiters. Seek would do well to police the content of their own site and/or add an option to hide recruiter ads. Seek may be making money from these fake ads but have destroyed their reputation in the process.

Marcus

MarcusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great,...BUT..

Seek as a plattform is great, but Seek would do themselves a favour to advise Companies to NOT advertise fake jobs, only when those jobs in fact really existing. It gets the wrong impressions for those who really look for employment. It is frustrating to see those jobs popping up week after week, to then find out, that these positions not really existing. That is fishing for clients.

Mark W.

Mark W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time!

Fake jobs listed by recruiters Galore! Dont Waste your time! Hundreds + jobs listed by recruitment companies for job that do not exist. Absolute scam and do not upload your CV or list your salary expectation - basically information farming

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Don’t waste your time

Fake jobs and repeat ads give the impression that there is more work that there actually is. Dishonest site that contributes to the unemployment problem. Extremely frustrating to see employment and job statistics skewed by corporate parasites.

Unhappy Shopper

Unhappy ShopperPerth, WA

Fake Jobs Advertised

coco

cocoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What has happened to Seek's search function?!

Something is seriously wrong with Seek's search ability. It seems to have fallen off in quality badly since the last time I had to use it (about two years ago).

Search for 'marketing' jobs and it will show you jobs for CNC machinists, drivers and other completely irrelevant positions. Ditto for location - put in a specific suburb and it will show you the entire city.

They also seem to have removed filters, so it's *really* hard to get rid of all the garbage.

Seek.com trading as Certsy

Do not upload you information to the direct website.

The employer is NOT asking for this information Seek.com and seek.com trading as Certsy are!!!!!

I am still waiting for mine to be deleted as you are not able to do this yourself

Bewaring of Manipulation of applications

I have actually contacted people i have applied to through seek after getting 'has indicated that your application for' I believe seek has a filter and if you dont have the 'ping' words your application does not go through annnnd then seeks Auto system sends this through... More the 90% of my applications do not get through seeks filters... Dont use it... Indeed, careersone, jora look for others.

I have reported seek to the appropriate authorities... You should do the same. As when you put in the relevent questions to find answers. Seek has deliberately made this a rat warren... They have No transparency

Service

Worst customer service ever. They have the don't care attitude if you are dissatisfied about something. Don't advertise through these guys. Don't give them your business.