Streets Magnum Ego Caramel

Streets Magnum Ego Caramel

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Joy89
Joy89Sydney

My favourite ego and I cant find it anywhere!

Literally the best magnum. Always has always will be. Can’t find it anywhere. Probably discontinued because of all these BAD REVIEWS! How to eat: eat the first layer of chocolate, lick the caramel off then eat the next layer of chocolate an vanilla ice cream. Do not bite straight into you will not have a fun experience. #egolover

Purchased for $4.99.

K P
K PCanberra 2600, ACT

Delicious

Nothing measures up to a Magnum since my hubby and I had our first one about 12 months ago. They are just delicious. If you like creamy ice cream, chocolate and caramel you will LOVE this!

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Jase K.
Jase K.Sydney, NSW

Favourite ice cream

I believe they use Belgium ice cream, simply the tastiest ice cream around

Purchased in February 2020 for $3.00.

Darren P.
Darren P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What once was

This is a horrid tasting ‘ice cream’ when it first came out years ago the chocolate was rich Belgian, the ice cream thick and creamy and the caramel in the middle was luscious. Now the chocolate is brittle, ice cream watery and the caramel has a icy texture and chemical taste. Sadly these companies know that most people don’t know how good something once was, allowing them to sell this dreck and pass it off as high quality

TumTum
TumTumPerth, WA

Not what it used to be

First time having one in a while. Felt smaller and didn't taste the same as it was before. I feel like I want to keep reliving the past by having one but it just ruins it. I thought it was different so I had to read reviews about it and I was correct

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths.

My faves

Yes they're probably not the same as they used to be but they're still delicious! Love the minis

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Rabia Z
Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Addicted to it

Caramel magnum is double yummy! I ONLY keep Magnumm ice cream bars in the house. These caramel dipped ones will make you fall in love. Gives you a rich flavor of Vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a chocolatey coating, sauce and milk chocolate.This ice cream is so delicious and addictive that I would easily pay double the price for this .
My kids love it
Its simply a win win ice cream worth trying.

Barely a shadow of its former self.

The reviews here are brutal and rightfully so. Magnum Ego was once a premium ice cream and after just having my first one in a long time, I couldn't even finish it. I hate to waste food but it was just horrible. Gone is the thick chocolate coating, gooey caramel and creamy ice cream...replaced instead by thin, tasteless chocolate, DISGUSTING fake icy "caramel" and tasteless manufactured ICY watered down ice cream. Overly sweet yet somehow tasteless. Marketed as premium but truly, this is bottom of the barrel stuff. Another example of a company out to rip consumers off with a cheap and nasty product. Such a shame for this once great product.

Purchased in September 2019 at BP Australia.

Laura
LauraSydney, NSW

First Magnum in years, I'll stick with Connoisseur thanks.

I stopped eating Magnum years ago due to the shrinking sizes. They were on special at Woolworths so on the spur of the moment I purchased my old favourite Ego. The sizes are even smaller than what I remember, and the taste has changed? I don't know but it has a funny flavour I can't figure out, and the ice cream itself tastes icy.

Purchased in March 2019.

MargB
MargB

No, no, no.

Minis: Hugely disappointing in every respect. Will never buy this product again. I checked the package as it tasted like a $2 shop copy of the original. Why would you do this to an iconic product like this

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Summertime Sadness

Magnum Ego used to be my favourite summer ice cream and now it just tastes like nothing- absolutely nothing. Tragic.

Gills
Gills

Cheap and nasty

It’s like a cheap dime store knock off of a magnum ego, only it is a magnum ego. Sad to see Streets ruin such a classic product, but couldn’t really expect any different from these fascists. The packaging still makes you think of the magnum you know and love but don’t be fooled. You’re better than that. This is icy tasteless sweatshop candy, and another prime example of why this world is doomed. Think planet of the apes meets diabetes.

Mel
MelMaidstone

Poor quality everything but charging the same price?!? Won't ever buy again!

Bought a 4 pack of magnum ego caramels for the first time in a while. immediately noticed the difference!! Icy cheap tasting ice cream, icy caramel, and cheap tasting thin chocolate coating!!! What happened to the thick quality chocolate coating, gooey caramel and creamy ice cream? How stupid to think you can cut costs and charge us the same for such an inferior product!!!! Like we wouldn't notice such a drastic change?!? Deceiving customers like that plus creating a terrible ice cream means I amongst many others will not be buying magnums ever again!!!

Arls
ArlsSydney

Tasteless

Been a while since I had a magnum ice cream period. I remember how yum the chocolate and icecream used to be.. not anymore, the Ego was tasteless. I won't buy them again.

Other Ice Creams

The Magnum's are going downhill!

I used to looooove this ice cream. It was my absolute favourite. I hadn't had any for a while so decided to grab a 4 pack while on sale at the local Drakes. What a mistake! I couldn't get past the first two bites of chocolate that taste more like a cup of tea.I'm not sure if the recipe has changed or if this was just a bad batch, but I'm very disappointed.

Read more reviews - page 2