Verifiedseniors.com.au

• 1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes · No
4.4
4.5
No age limit for single trips
Pre-existing medical cover
Friendly for children and grandchildren

Kevwr
KevwrGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Essential Cover

Easy claim process

Only weeks before a planned overseas trip my wife was injured when a car ran over her foot. As a result we had to cancel our planned holiday and submit a claim. The process was much simpler than I expected and communication from the claims department was very friendly and no barriers were put in our way. We received a full refund minus our excess. I would not hesitate to Use and to recommend Seniors Travel Insurance again. Show details ·  1
BobSouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts
  Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance is the only one that answered my call

I had tried to contact several other travel insurance companies - emails, online forms and calls. Seniors Travel Insurance is the only one that answered my call - in less than 5 minutes. The operator was very helpful and answered my questions and we have purchased travel insurance from them. I am very confident that if somewthing does go wrong, that Seniors Travel Insurance will answer my call. Show details ·  1
Andy S.
Andy S.

Something unusual

I noticed that all those glowing reviews (hundreds of 4 or 5 stars) re the Seniors Insurance products were written by people who NEVER MADE A CLAIM-this is a statistical impossibility. I'd be very interested in reading replies from both Seniors Insurance and Productreview people. Best, Show details
frenan
frenanSydney, NSW6 posts
  Top Cover

Travel insurance no longer offered

Went for a quote on Seniors Travel Insurance with Australian Seniors. Large banner stated "We are temporarily ceasing Sales of Travel Insurance". So why is this company at the head of the listings for Seniors Travel Insurance? And more to the point the reasons for not offering insurance was "...we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice." Overseas travel has been operating normally for months now. Methinks an organization that is not with it. Show details
John
John2 posts
  Verified Domestic Cover

easy and a good fit

absolutely, the consultant was patient and took plenty of time to explain everything. Was a comfort to communicate with a English speaking consultant who was easy to understand and very patient Show details ·  1
Robyn
Robyn4 posts

Very Competitive

Very easy to organise online.Competitive price that covers much more than the cheaper insurers. I have my home insurance through Australian Seniors and have always found them to be very helpful . Show details ·  1
Steven
StevenIllawarra, NSW3 posts

Review

I thought the initial policy price was attractive but the loading for medical procedures going back 5 years was a bit steep. I also thought the time it took to complete the medical review was ridiculous, as it took 40 minutes and went back 5 years. A little over the top I thought when some of those procedures were of a type that were not ongoing conditions. I thought your representative, Amanda, was excellent with her product knowledge, thoroughness and customer service skills. Show details ·  1
Charles
CharlesIllawarra, NSW
  Top Cover

Great price for great benefits!

We haven't travelled yet, but it was so easy to choose our insurance and it was great value for money. We made comparisons with other insurers, but this was the best quote we received saving us $50-$100 for comparable insurance elsewhere. Show details ·  1
John
JohnSydney, NSW
  Domestic Cover

Easy to set up on line at a nice $ rate

It is a few years since I have needed travel insurance, but I have used Seniors several times in the past.
I reckon the online quote/payment was easier than last time.
Lets trust that our trip takes place in 2021 and a claim will not be required. Show details ·  1
Janet
JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great customer service

Took out travel insurance earlier this year. Staff were very helpful and the policy good value. Due to inability to travel because of the pandemic I rang to see if I would be covered for any cancellation costs with my holiday. Whilst I wouldn't be covered because it is a pandemic and I'm not aware any insurance company would cover the costs, I was given the option of a credit towards future travel or a full refund. I received the refund within 2 days. Show details ·  1
Julie
JulieWanniassa 2903, ACT2 posts

A good product

Easy to set up, not in use yet so have not had to make a claim yet. Seems to be good value and pleasant and professional person taking information . Called back when indicated. Show details ·  1
Kerrian
KerrianSydney, NSW

Travel Insurance

Spoke with a very helpful person who took me through the process to purchase travel insurance. This is the first time I’ve used Seniors Travel Insurance and I found it a positive experience. Show details ·  1
Annie Dear
Annie DearSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Seniors Travel Insurance

Easy to set up. Covered cruise. Didnt expect cover for virus. Lots not even covering cruises

Haven't yet traveled, troubled times. Hope for smooth sailing and no hiccoughs. Have peace of mind knowing I have some cover. Lesson learnt to take insurance as soon as purchasing ticket Show details ·  1
Denise
DeniseIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Good Value

This is the first time we have used Australian Seniors Travel and found the assistant very helpful
and it was quick and easy to set up.I would not hesitate to use this insurance company again. Show details ·  1
Richard Morton
Richard MortonBudgewoi5 posts

Covered

All covers from all company’s are to expensive but you need it & I’m happy,first policy with seniors seems good hope I never have to use it and we all stay safe Show details ·  1

Alan P.
Alan P. · Seniors Travel Insurance

Can I get a quote please for Multi -trip insurance

Dors P
Dors P · Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Domestic Travel from NSW to WA for a cruise along the Kimberley coast then from NT to NSW

TommyGun
TommyGun · Travel Insurance - Top Cover

what is the difference between, Overseas Emergency Assistance & Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses?

Happy customers
Happy customers

Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
Not Included
Read this below what does this mean isn’t that the purpose of TI

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Features

• There are 3 levels of cover - domestic cover, international essential cover and international top cover.
  • For one-off trips (called ‘single’ trips), policies cover travellers of any age. Single trips can include trips of up to 12 months long.
  • The two international travel policies cover up to 31 pre-existing medical conditions. They also let you select your excess amount ($0, $100, $200), with a varying premium amount as a result. The domestic policy excess is $50.
  • Purchasing a policy automatically includes cover for children or grandchildren under 21, providing they are not working full-time and that they are traveling with the policyholder for the whole journey.
  • The top international cover includes the following benefits that the essential policy doesn’t have: travel delays, rental vehicle insurance excess, resumption of journey, accidental death.
  • Both international essential cover and international top cover policies offer the following optional extras: motorcycle and moped cover, adventure cover for amateur sports and activities, bicycle cover, snow cover, and a cruise pack; which is compulsory for cruise holidays.
  • 24-hour emergency assistance is provided with AusAssistance, no matter where you are in the world.

Points of praise

• Customer service staff are consistently friendly, personable and helpful. They demonstrate sound product knowledge. Reviewers appreciated that staff members answered their questions thoroughly and patiently.
  • Competitive prices offering good value were cited. Some reviewers noted that the quotes they received were higher than they would have liked. However, they still decided to go with Seniors’ Travel Insurance, as they trusted the brand due to its good reputation.
  • It’s easy to set up a policy on the insurer's website, which helped give reviewers peace of mind.

Something to consider

There is a general exclusion relating to pandemics, which means you can’t claim for lost costs related to cancelling or rearranging trips because of COVID-19.

Compare all Seniors Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelCar, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelCar, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included