• Type of Claim
    • Medical (10)
    • Travel Delays/Cancellations (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time<1 week (5) · 2-4 weeks (4) · 1-2 weeks (4) · 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (0)

Easy Process and Very Competitive Prices

The process of applying for our travel insurance was a very easy process. The website is very user friendly, wording on the policy is easy to understand and the prices were very competitive.

Hi Robert,
I'm delighted to hear that you found the process to set up your policy was easy and well informed. I appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Happy travels!

A necessary travel companion

I didn't have to use the cover I took out but it as great to have it. I found the staff I dealt with pleasant and efficient and feel I could do it online next time. I will definitely use it again when I travel next year. Nola.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Hi Nola,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to receive positive feedback and are very happy that we could offer you such great service.

Website easy to understand

Website is user friendly. Site easy to understand. This company had good reviews. Cover is very comprehensive. Call centre staff very friendly and helpful. However the proof will be if we need to make a claim.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Judy

JudySouthwest, VIC

Best value for trips taken in recent years

Although I have used Australian Seniors travel insurance on previous occasions I still check out other companies to ensure that I am not paying too much and that my insurance covers me for what I need. I return to Australian Seniors.

Hi Judy,
It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option that is suitable to your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and safe travels.
Alisa

I haven't travelled yet so can't comment

The first time I have used them for travel. The representative was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. It took me several days and several phone calls to lodge this claim.

Di M

Di M

Very Pleasant

After getting quotes from other companies I gave Australian Seniors a go. On-line didn't work for me as "international" kept appearing & I just wanted "domestic" so rang instead. What a pleasant experience it turned out to be. The operator Nikki was more than helpful and very friendly. My cover was organised efficiently. I have since referred fellow travellers to give Australian Seniors a go. Thank you and well done.

JuJu

JuJuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent so far

The policy seems good value. As I have just taken it out, I cannot quote on anything else. It was easy to take out and the person I spoke to was informative.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Good Value for our buck

No fuss over medical problems.Easy to set up and pay by credit card over the phone.We will see in the future if its good value should we have to make a claim.

Straight forward travel insurance

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child, Senior and Teenager
Ghiselaine

GhiselainePerth, WA

Peace of mind

This is my 3rd time using this travelling insurance.Ihave always been happy with the price and the staff are very good in explaining everything clearly.,and very easy to set up. Thankyou jocelyne

Insurance Cover For:Child and Senior

peace of mind

The lady on the other end of the telephone was pleasant,knowledgable,and very helpful.
We havn't had our trip yet so are unable to comment on what might happen in the case of a claim,
however having been dealing with seniors in all aspects of insurance i take this policy with every confidence.

Lynette

LynetteSydney, NSW

We are confident that we were adequately listened to and are happy with the service we received. We

Policy was explained adequately and we felt that we were happy to have rung up and enquired Senior's Insurance. It was set up quite easily and each section was explained to our satisfaction.

Tee Bags

Tee BagsSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent service

Yes very good value and very easy to set up. Kayla was very helpful and explained everything to me. She also answered all my questions.
No claim lodged
First time we have used your company

DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Hi Tee Bags,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from Kayla.
Jessica

Janet

JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful

First time using this insurer and haven't commenced my trip as yet. Very helpful communication with the representative on the phone without having to be held on hold for a long time. I requested they ring me back at a set time after I'd read the PDS and they did. I feel confident with this insurance.

DestinationMiddle East
enid

enidSydney

OVER 80s TRAVEL INSURANCE

Because of pre-existing health issues the health questionnaire was lengthy although fairly well explained by staff member assisting me. Later I read some of the PDS and found reference to another condition which wasn't covered in the phone interview. Second phone call to STI clarified my concerns which were thoroughly considered by the service staff person with whom I spoke. Service was courteous and online quotation/policy was fast. Haven't yet had the trip so hope any possible future claims will be as positive and treated with the same courtesy and assistance.

BCBG

BCBGSydney, NSW

Convenient

I felt the premium charged was reasonable, until I was told Seniors Travel receives almost 40% of it, just for half an hour's work selling the policy. (Yes, all agencies receive commissions.) The assistant Claudia was very helpful and competent, and made sure I was aware of the implications contained in the policy. The office was close to my chosen travel agent, in a well-airconditioned shopping centre, thus being convenient on a very hot day.

Travel Insurance made easy

The application process was made easy by the knowledge of the staff person who took my phone enquiry.
The detail of existing health conditions was handled with ease as I soon became aware of the knowledge of the person I was dealing with and the process to complete the application was made simple.

DestinationNew Zealand

Roland

RolandPerth, WA

Good cover.

Very easy to get my travel insurance cover online. Instructions were simple and clear. There was no undue wait for a quote. There were alternative plans on offer and the premiums are reasonable.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Dianne BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Competitive price

Very good value, easy to set up.Everything was explained in detail.
No claim made as yet as my trip is not until Jan 2021
This is the first time, from memory that I have used Seniors

Hi Dianne B,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. We are delighted to hear the ease in which are able to set up this policy and very happy you found our price competitive. We do hope you enjoy your up coming trip.

Anthony

AnthonyIllawarra, NSW

Sustained excellence

Excellent cover at very reasonable premium.
We have utilised the services of Seniors Insurance many times and although we have never had a claim we are extremely satisfied with the service we receive.

Hi Anthony,
What a wonderful review. It is our pleasure to provide you with excellent service and cover suitable to your needs. Thank you for choosing Australian Seniors to again provide this value travel protection.

Kev

Kevasked

We are 80 YOs, myself with no pre-existing conditions, my wife with cardiomyopathy well managed by medication and a pace-maker/ de'fib. Are you interested in covering us for 8 day Pacific Island cruise from 12th Feb

Philip B.
Philip B.

You will have to phone them.

Hi Kev,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our lovely team would need to speak with you further to discuss your request further. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information and will arrange for our team to reach out to you.
Jessica

tryingtobehelpful

tryingtobehelpfulasked

This question applies to all the insurance products. I'm not sure why Product Review doesn't include a click option for indicating the review is in relation to making a claim. You would think the front office, when they take your money, would be a decent enough experience from most companies; I'm interested in hearing from the people who have actually tried to make a claim. Maybe a suggestion for Product Review to make an improvement here.

Rob L

Rob Lasked

Is repatriation to Australia covered in the event of an accident or illness?

Susan
Susan

I believe so.

John
John

I asked same question and yes it is also according to the PDS it is.

Hi Rob L.,
Thank you for your question. In our PDS under Section 17 are the terms and conditions when we will pay a benefit towards funeral or repatriation expenses. https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-single-trip-travel-insurance-pds.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives