Elaine

ElaineSydney, NSW

Travel cruise insurance

Tennille helped me considerably and explained the policy to me. We went through the policy from A to Z. I havent used your insurance company, have also insured my travel arrangements through Medibank Private in th3 past.

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Senior

Jan Ash

Jan Ash

Easy to pay

Cover for a couple of health issues that would be normal in someone aged 80 would have quadrupled the cost of the policy, so decided to allow those to be excluded. Keeping our fingers crossed will be thousands cheaper! But at least they will cover some of that age...

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

First time using this insurance company. Consultant was very pleasant and helpful.

We compared this policy with others and found it to be good value. Plus the staff member was very good and we now plan to take a second policy for a longer trip planned for 2020

SusanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Easy and efficient insurance

I went to Seniors insurance because the website for the company I usually use, *****, wouldn't function properly. The Senior's site worked perfectly and it hardly took any time. The price was less than expected. I hope I don't have to claim, but if I do, I hope that will be easy too!

JohnHunter Region, NSW

needed travel coverage

my only criticism is that you had to list all countries and not just south pacific cruise ,have not lodged a claim so not applicable at this stage ,I believe this is second time we have used this insurance.

Hi John,
Thank for taking the time to share your experience. Keeping an open dialogue with our customers how we improve the service we offer, and your feedback will assist with this. We hope you enjoy your cruise.
Kind regards.

HeatherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing and difficult

Easy enough to find the right policy and to pay for it, but it took 2 phone calls and four days for a copy of the policy to be emailed .

Gail S

Gail SDarwin, NT

Essentials Travel Insurance

Very helpful and quick response from all on a good value travel policy. This is my first time with this company and hopefully I will be using them again in the future

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

First time but looks good.

Very easy to set up and appears to be good value. The real test will come when one makes a claim, that is how complicated is the calim form and how long it takes to satisfy the claim. .

DestinationAustralia

Hi Les,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. I am delighted to hear the ease in which you were able to set up this policy and that you find your policy to be good value. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Cheryl

CherylNew South Wales

Perfect to be able to do both policies on one phone call

It appears to be great value. It does take a while to sort out for two policies. No we have not lodged a claim. We havent used this company before.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear you find your policies to be good value and the cover suitable to your needs. Welcome to Australian Seniors community.

Lilian

LilianSydney, NSW

I am covered!

I have not used Australian Seniors before but have now arranged Travel Insurance including all my medical conditions. There are other companies that do not include some of my medical conditions in their quotes. Your staff member was very pleasant and answered all my questions very knowledgeably. So, although rather an expensive item in my case, it is good to know I am covered for all eventualities. I have not as yet travelled so cannot comment on claims made.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Policy was good value. I havent travelled yet. First time using this Insurarance company but Ibwill definitely consider using them again . Staff were very pleasant and helpful when taking me through my policy

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Norma

NormaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Feeling pressured

Policy value was hard to determine - quotes kept changing in a 24 hour period. I initially got an online quote but then it became a phone conversation and a follow up call next day which I am not comfortable with and left me feeling pressured to buy. This is my first time with this company and I can only hope cover is painless if we are in need.

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Covers what we require

Price is a little lower than the insurer used previously but as usual you get what you pay for. The wording in cancellations does not say "includes travel companion" if one person can't travel were other policies state this clearly. Easy to get online. The true rating will be if we need to make a claim.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the feedback. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information so that I can double check this for you.

Thanks Jessica.

Marilyn

MarilynIllawarra, NSW

Easy to buy

Loved being able to have both my Mum and I on it. Wonderful value for adding on extra medical conditions. Would love to be able to buy a multi-travel pass.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Eve Taylor

Eve TaylorRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Quote for combined travel ...

A little more expensive than some other companies but a better comprehensive policy.
A pleasant experience dealing with staff member, very patient and professional explaining the package and
answered all my questions

Kevin

KevinIllawarra, NSW

Didn't quite hit the mark but better than the others

Quote for Cruise Holiday Insurance

My wife & I have chosen Seniors Travel Insurance several times in the past and we are happy with the service. Lynn again was very professional and efficient. All staff had very happy manners and demeanor.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Ideal for us

We are confident that our policy is good value for us. We have not claimed in the past but the policy gives us pease of mind. We are looking forward to our cruise.

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we can provide you with the peace of mind, knowing that you are covered and I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Dr Watson

Dr Watson

really helpful

Staff helpful and willing to listen. We covered the essentials without trouble and I was able to transact a suitable policy in less than a day. Staff did not try to cover the inevitable ignorance in dealing with a complex matter.

Hank

HankSydney, NSW

The service was excellent

This was the first time I've chosen Seniors Travel Insurance and I was very happy with the service. Claudia was very professional and efficient. I am certain that I will use your services again.

Rob L

Rob Lasked

Is repatriation to Australia covered in the event of an accident or illness?

I believe so.

John

I asked same question and yes it is also according to the PDS it is.

Hi Rob L.,
Thank you for your question. In our PDS under Section 17 are the terms and conditions when we will pay a benefit towards funeral or repatriation expenses. https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-single-trip-travel-insurance-pds.pdf

Upa U.

Upa U.asked

do you cover 72 and 69 couple for multi trips

Hi Upa,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We do not offer multi-trip policies at this time, however we do offer single trip cover. To purchase a policy you must be at least 17 years of age and there is no upper age limit when applying for a single trip policy with us. However, health assessments and further screening may apply at certain ages. If you would like a quote, please send me a private message with your best contact number and I will arrange for one of our team to contact you.

David B.

David B.asked

Travel Insurance - Top Cover

Has anyone had to make a medical claim through Seniors Travel Insurance and how did you go?

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 051 0951300 051 0951300 051 095
Email Address service@seniors.com.auservice@seniors.com.auservice@seniors.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterChubbChubbChubb
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included