Ann Kay

Ann KayPerth, WA

Wonderful Service

Hello SGIO Customer Experience Team

Re: Claim Number [Number Removed]

I am writing to express my total and complete satisfaction with the service SGIO has given me. We have been with SGIO for over 20 years and I have never had any cause to complain about the service it has afforded us. I am very happy with the service we get from SGIO and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who asks.

Kind regards
Ann Kay
Policy Number: [Number Removed]
PS I am writing this way because the feedback form has expired while I was away.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateOctober 2019
Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hi Ann Kay, thank you kindly for your great feedback. We are proud to be able to help you so well. ~ Jono

Avoid like the plague

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Apex

I am giving my review. If I have to argue with assessors when Ive clearly stated the facts then I dont think its a good product or experience. You want to feel good about insuring.

Subhi

SubhiPerth, WA

My claim still under review for 2 months left with no car

I have been with Sgio for 3 years and a made a claim 2 months ago and it was at fault accident and I am still waiting for the progress of my claim and they took my car and left with no car and I keep calling them all the times and in the end they said we need to investigate your claim and it will take another month, they scammers I will put claim to ASIC Australia and I am going to call the media to tell them about my story,is not fair what they doing!!!!!!!!!!

Car ModelBMW X5
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Steve

Went to make a claim, someone had already put a claim in over 6 months earlier.

I went to make a claim and found that some one had already put a claim in about 6 months earlier.
I asked SGIO who put the claim in, they refused to answer. My name is the only name on the policy, so nobody else should be making claims. I ask to speak to SGIO's fraud department, I was told they don't have one. It took over 8 hours to get a email from SGIO saying I have made a claim today.
Looks every deviant to me.
A accesor contacted me and I was hand balled very fast, no answers.
I await in naive anticipation for some answers on this.
I get the impression SGIO has too many customers and they are trying to down size.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Car ModelLandcruiser
Claim MadeNo

John B

John BPerth, WA

Easy claim process, prompt response and settlement

I have been with Sgio for the last 3 years and have my both cars insured with them. We had an accident in Jan 2019. Lodged the claim online. SGIO promptly called me back next day to organize a tow truck. Unfortunately the car was identified as a total loss. The payout was made within 3 days of the final assessment by 3 week of feb 2019. I have insured my new car also with SGIO. Premium is higher, maybe due to the claim we made. I wish I had insured for agreed value than market value as market value may not work in your favour in the event of a total loss claim.

Car ModelAudi Q5 8R.II
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Thanks for your review John B. Glad to hear that your claims experience was a good one! ~Renae

DavePerth, WA

Avoid this company

Terrible service by overseas operators that cannot communicate effectively. Drawn out verification system and phone menus. I found SGIO extremely frustrating to deal with. Was held to ransom whilst trying to cancel a policy with operator refusing to quote on new car until after I agreed to reinsure with them. Very dishonest and probably illegal

Claim MadeNo
Dave

Thanks Renae, I chose to insure with a company that operates locally. All the best to you... wherever you are

Thanks Dave, have a great Monday, all the way from Brisbane, Australia ~Renae

slick

slickPerth

pay more for being loyal

5 years 2 cars never made a claim, premium goes up every year... for being loyal I guess , total cost per year double compare to others... customer service bad, always talk over you not interested what you try to say... save money go somewhere else

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hey slick, thanks for taking the time to review our car insurance. Hope your new insurer is looking after you. I hope in the future we can offer you a premium that suits your budget and needs ~Renae

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth

What happened to SGIO??

Ultra high price hike

Boot
Boot

It is sgio decision to overprice premiums but the customers will vote on that decision

So much for so little

About 10 years always found them to be helpful and understanding, Realising the vehicle is needed to get a round.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Wonderful to hear Charlie H, thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if you need anything moving forward ~Renae

SGIO - Slow, scheming and slack in customer service !

Took over a month to authorize repairs on what was clearly the other persons fault, then tried to get us to move repairers to a cheaper option ( and use fake parts ) never kept us up to date, took over 3 mths to get sorted due to sgio being difficult to deal with with repairer ... Couldn’t phone anyone here in Perth to discuss always a overseas call Centre ... Were done!

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Disappointing level of service to dealing with a claim

We have been with SGIO for a number of years and we may as well be invisible. Making a small claim involving a car and minor property damage has been like Blue Hills! We are still in the process and unable to get anyone to answer the phone. The car claim has been fixed up reasonably pronto ( using online service) but dealing with the property damage is ongoing and a saga. Altogether disappointing and the customer review process does not allow one to express a view as it is "stage managed" to elicit set responses!

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

SGIO not worthy of an insurance Company

I have been with SGIO for 10 years and was treated like someone not being with the company at all. I had to deal with an external company that do not have any intention to provide a service. I recommend not to use SGIO as an insurance Company because you will be unhappy with any claim from this insurer.

JOHN
JOHN

You can phone me if you are a SGIO official.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

John, we would be happy to arrange for someone to contact you. Please PM this page or our Facebook page with your policy/claim details and your contact details plus a full account of what the problem is so we can help. ~Kaz

Camper Van Insurance Claim

A loyal customer for several decades with 9 current policies that I am now considering moving to another insurance company, as a result of one minor caravan/camper claim.
The whole process took far too long ( that's once you can break thru their 1800 phone no. barrier.) and involved too many officers.
A less than ordinary experience for me.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

only problem i had was trying to convince the telephone person what a Kangaroo was as she wanted his

did above and if SGIO keep hiring overseas people I will go elsewhere as don't know Australia wildlife and should be told

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hi Terry, thanks for your feedback. We will certainly pass this on to our management on your behalf. regards ~Renae

Unbelievable

SGIO wrote asking us to come back on board, we were loyalty customers at one stage, attempted to purchase new policies for car and house, sick of talking to the Philippines, not understanding - Don't care - Not listening not sure which. Wanted to visit local branch - no chance ! - Will not give me a discount unless the policy is in my Partners name, yet the Car is owned by me. Confused ???? - So am I.

Insurance claim madeNo

Being made to feel like a criminal after a life threatening car accident....DISGRACEFUL.

Have been with SGIO for many, many years. Had a car accident last week, and rightfully should have lost my life. By miracle, I didn't. Car is an absolute write off. I registered a negative alcohol reading. Irrespective of this, I have been questioned and interrogated by the claims department in a manner that has left me additionally traumatised and feeling like a criminal. The service should be ashamed of themselves. Irrespective of how this matter is resolved, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Kerrie
Kerrie

Kim

Kimperth WA

Disappointing

Had been with SGIO for over 30 years. can't comprehend why my premium kept increasing despite being a safe driver and the value of the vehicle depreciated.
Got two independent car insurance quote for similar coverage. Very disappointed after being a loyal customer with 65% bonus discount & 12.5% loyalty bonus and your premium is still higher.
After some consideration, had no choice but to drop it.

Worth the premium

My mistake, petrol in a diesel car. After dark, 110 kph zone middle of nowhere. Called SGIO, found the right option. Recovery vehicle, lift to a hotel, hire car next morning, all sorted. That simple.

Excellent outcome, ultimately with the fuel system completely serviced and guaranteed by the mechanic of my choice.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hey Mark, great to hear you have a nice outcome to a bad situation. I hear about this happen quite often and so easy to do! thanks for the review and let us know if you ever need anything ~Alison