Shannons Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (21) · No (12)
shugal01
shugal01GREEN POINT

appalling service and liars to boot

have been with this company for a couple of years, after hearing about them thru CCHCClub. Paid CTP x2 (husband and myself). Tried to pay for car regos x2, after being told that CTP had been sent to service NSW-nothing. Printed off paperwork, after being told that rta can manually put in details if 3rdpty into their computer( lie No1). After 4 phone calls, admitted that their they had not put VIN onto CTP slip. Stated they could not help me, as I was not on the policy( lie No2). After 2 more calls from spouse, and issues sorted, person stated that I was very happy that issues were sorted- Lie No3- no-one had rung me after last call I made which, was to tell me that they couldn't help me.

Michael Jones
Michael JonesPerth, WA

Purchased Insurance for FJ Cruiser

Was a great experience, advised how much i wanted based on current value of similair vehicles and they matched it for a reasonable price. Much better than what RAC could offer me.
Couldnt fault the gentleman, very professional and helpful.

Spud
SpudGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can I give zero stars?

Weirdest conversation of my life. Refused to quote unless I could prove we were passionate about our new Silverado and that it wasn’t just a touring vehicle is wrong

Customer service?

I’ve recently purchased newer model of wrx, I am not a young kid and I am a woman. I just like quick cars but I am not in any clubs or online forums (who has time for this?) . I was searching for insurance as I found out its a but harder to insure this sort of car. A man who answered the phone was the rudest person I’ve spoken to for a while, all I wanted was a quote. Firstly he kept pronouncing my name wrong and when I said no I am not a part of any forums or clubs he hang up on me!

So with this type of company you basically have to be the right fit.

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Service by real car people

Went into Shannons Adelaide to get my 66 Valiant valued again after 4 years on the road. The person at Shannons was extremely good to deal with and also explained she has 2 Valiants of her own . Came out with a great result and it was a pleasure to deal with real car people with a passion for their job .Keep up the good work.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Andrew T.
Andrew T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DONT USE SHANNONS GO TO AAMI

F100 stolen Why 5 months down the track and still nothing, nephew getting mucked around by Shannons
He loved his F100 put thousands into it and was told and advised by me to go to no one but Shannons
and this is what happens. Now I tell every one never go to shannons use AAMI
instaed

Andrew
Andrewsydney

no **** given.

Mid March I got 5 quotes for our vehicles and a few days ago I was going to look up my email from Shannons but must have accidently deleted the quotations so I called again to asked to send a updated quotation for two cars I was going to sign up for. It took a fair while to finally talk to a rather unfriendly dude who said he'll send email overnight(?). Needless to say that I'm still waiting... I had to sign up with a different insurer.
I'm glad I did especially after reading all the bad reviews here that confirms my decision.

kwizikle
kwizikleSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The only insurance company that has reduced my premium over last year!

So I've been with Shannons for about 7 years now. I insure my house, classic cars, motorcycles, work ute, wife's car and son's car with them.

We have made 4 vehicle claims with them over the last two years. Two not at fault in cars, 2 at fault motorcycle incidents.

They were fantastic with all claims. Very easy to report the incidents, great support in finding repairers. Once a quote was obtained, claims were approved within 12 hours... just amazing!

When one bit of work was substandard, they ensured that the repairer fixed the item to standard.

Finally even after the claims my premiums across 6 vehicles has decreased for the second year running!

Sherlock
SherlockAU

Not competitive and no longer for 'Motoring Enthusiasts'

Had been with Shannons for over 11 years. They would only insure a new vehicle for TTP at a cost much higher than other insurers with full Comprehensive and a decent Agreed Value with minimal excess.
This is a 'Motoring Enthusiasts' vehicle and I most certainly am.
Look elsewhere for your quotes. Shannons has lost its mission.

Simon
Simon

Always supported me well through claims and made things easy

I've had a few claims with Shannons, not all my fault, they've been great and I'd not hesitate to recommend them. Easy to deal with on the phone. Reasonable value.

Joe
JoeDarwin, NT

No problem at all!

There are so many negative reviews about their customer service. However, according to my experience, I found their staffs are very professional and helpful. They know about cars. Had no problem getting a quote. Their price is the best, while other insurers even refused to insure my vehicle.

Emma B
Emma BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude and appalling customer service - don't recommend!

Rang up to get a quote as I just purchased a prestige car and needed a reputable insurer.
This was one of the most belittling experiences I have ever had with a business. The staff member I spoke to was not only condescending but extremely rude when he asked me to prove I was a "car enthusiast". Based on this conversation and the way I was treated I can only imagine how difficult they would be in the event of a claim. I would never recommend to anybody!!!

John lowe
John lowe South East Queensland, QLD

One of the best insurance companies in aus

Didn't qualify as an enthusiast and therefore couldn't get a quote - What a joke!

Called to get a quote for my 21 year old Mitsubishi (Japanese import).
Because I didn't convince the operator that I was a car enthusiast, they told me they couldn't provide a quote and I should look elsewhere.
What a stupid business model!

OnTheWrongPlanet
OnTheWrongPlanetCentral Queensland, QLD

Gone to the dogs

Read more reviews - page 2

Scott
Scott asked
Car Insurance

Car was stolen from driveway, key's accidentally left in the ignition is it covered have comprehensive

Josh S.
Josh S.asked
Car Insurance

Hey if somebody hit my back chrome bumper of my Holden HD with there tow ball causing a small dent would the bumper be repaired and re chromed or replaced with a new bumper ? Thankyou

Bal D

Haha, now that's funny. No sir. They could care less about 'motoring enthusiasts'. It will be bodgied up where possible. Repairers are getting to the point of refusing to work with Shannons / Suncorp because of their bodgy repair policies with cheap parts and labour. Read the fine print about choice of repairer etc. They'd sooner put a plastic bumper on and spray it with chrome paint.

Shaz
Shazasked
Car Insurance

Has anyone else had any trouble with Insure my ride changing to Shannon’s and not receiving any insurance renewals, reminders etc and then finding your not insured until you need it.
Very disappointed.

Bal D

Yes. I tried to claim on my Shannons Insurance and was told they couldn't even find my policy. Pathetic.

See all Shannons Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives

Shannons Car Insurance

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Not Included
Towing Costs IncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to 14 days to a limit of $1,500

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $2,000 in totalNot Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

If your motor vehicle or motorcycle is deemed a total loss and:

• your motor vehicle or motorcycle is less than one year old from the date of original registration,

• you purchased it new

• you are the first registered owner

• any finance company with an interest in your motor vehicle or motorcycle gives its consent

Your motor vehicle or motorcycle will be replaced with a new vehicl e of the same make, model and series

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedCovered for damage if you can provide: - current name and address of the driver and/or owner of the other vehicle - registration number and description of the vehicle at fault
Accidental Loss or Damage