Peter M

Peter MBelconnen 2615, ACT

Terrible customer service

Lost a car in the recent ACT hail event. Shannon’s very extremely efficient in collecting the excess payment from me however not a single phone call or update was given after that time. No hire car, no assistance provided inspite of having comprehensive insurance. I will never deal with Shannon’s again. 5 weeks on, still nothing.

Helen C.

Helen C.Far North Queensland, QLD

Lost me on my first call for a quote.

Not a fan of Shannons from the start.
When I rang for a quote for my new scooter I felt like I was put through the wringer and spat out. The questions where more intense and personal than any of the other insurance companies I had rung that morning. Not to mention the conversation took a long 20 minute. At the end of this service they gave me a quote of over double the price of the other quotes I had. Oh, I have to say that Shannons were friendly (or over friendly) to the stage of after 20 minutes I was praying this conversation would be over soon.

Car Modelscooter
John R

John RIllawarra, NSW

Loss my 71 Valiant in bushfires Dec 19 Shannon's dealt with claim very quickly and efficiently and all by phone They also looked after numerous friends who lost everything ie house extremely well thank you

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
geoff w

geoff w

great service,totally drama free claim

recently made a claim for a motorcycle that my son had an accident on (total loss) and the process was great. claim paid out including riding gear and helmet within ten days.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Car Modeltriumph

Jim

JimADELAIDE

Disgusting

Absolute disgusting service.
I had a vintage bike accident nearly 8 months ago. Shannon's being useless and unreliable as the worst of them.
Ombudsman had to be contacted, even they were amazed at how bad Shannon's are. Pbuh.

Austin P.

They are Brilliant

Car Model1967 MGB

Craig B.

Craig B.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Worst Company I have ever dealt with!

Even though their Policy states that you have a choice of repairer when I complained about the smash repairer they wanted to send my car to they did not want to give me the option of taking it somewhere else. 8 weeks later still no car, neither Shannon's or the smash repairer care about costumer services.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Enthusiasts beware

Enthusiasts bewareCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Debacle

Claim DateJune 2019
Car ModelSeveral

Absolutely disgraceful service. Avoid!!!

My car was backed into 28th October by another party insured with Shannons. $3200 damages. Sent them my quote for repairs by email within 2 days. Month later they said need pictures of every panel, speedo, vin & gearshift!!! Haunted them for another 2 weeks before claim was settled. As an owner of 5 cars, ( 2 classics ) a house , contents & a boat. I definitely wont be dealing with this organisation.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateOctober 2019

Tanya

TanyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No care for members or ownership of mistakes

Claim DateOctober 2019

Nicholas R.

Nicholas R.Perth, WA

Not very good

The staff over the phone was very helpful and friendly.

My Vehicle was insured for 27k and I was paying $1200 per year 5000kms limit. After the first year I felt like I was getting screwed. The value of the car did not go down at all but then Shannon's decided to drop it just under 22k and still paying the same per year. So I let it slide for a bit. Then I looked up Enthusiast Insurance.

Long story short. Enthusiast insured my car for 36k and told me the value doesn't go down so their Agreed Value shouldn't drop either but we will see. Now I am only paying $750 per year but 3, 000kms is my limit.

Claim MadeNo

They are dishonest won't pay up called me a lier

Cyclone Debbie Bowen , ran over concrete broke gearbox, shannons paid to have gearbox out so mechanic could quote
machanic explained. to shannons assor gear cogs split into 3 pieces because of smash sent photos etc, they refused to pay said it was mechanical, and I was lying Took legal advice not worth it, shannons is cheaper but what's the point if they don't pay.?

Sleaf1

Sleaf1Brisbane

Claimed with no problems. Prompt and efficient.

My vintage car caught fire. Claim was processed quickly and efficiently. Communication excellent and painless. Claim settled with no hassles. Would strongly recommend. Wish all car insurance claims were that painless.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Car Model1975 VW Beetle
Worthy1

Worthy1Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Shannons is not what it used to be

Car Modelcommodore vk
scott

scottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good.

Been with them for many years now. I have imports and they have been good to me. I recently went with them for home insurance with them as well. I made one claim which was handled quickly. I know a bloke who made a house claim and said they went above and beyond so that's why I thought I'd give them a shot.

2Spooky

2SpookySouth East Queensland, QLD

Classic car insurance; paid out full agreed value within 12 days

Received my payout in 12 days and retained my salvage rights as guaranteed. Overall I was pretty happy with the service provided. Always spoke to on-shore customer service who I didn't have to follow-up too much. There were a couple of hiccups; for example I provided a stat dec and then when I followed up they said they were waiting on me to give them the stat dec so I had to tell them to check the previous email attachment. They also asked for proof that my phone I was claiming for was damaged and I had to instruct them it was at the bottom of the river the car crashed into. Other than that all was fine.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle

Angela

AngelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Enthusiast bullies

13 weeks and my claim is still going. Claim has been passed to 3 assessors so far. Absolute joke. They don't care about you or your car. Disgraceful customer service. Every person l spoke to were all indicative of hostility and bullying. Have 2 cars, 3 motorbikes a truck and home and contents with them. Thousands of dollars paid every year for almost 20 years and your reward for being a loyal customer...zero, nothing.

Claim DateJuly 2019

SimonDigby

SimonDigbyWestern Australia

Hopeless, rude and totally ineffective.

Claim DateNovember 2017

Olivia Y

Olivia YSydney, NSW

Best in Australia

Amazing results, fast claims and very helpful in finding parts for our old Austin Healey 100/4.
Great discounts for mature members and the have people who know cars and restorations . Well Done.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks