Absolutely disgraceful service. Avoid!!!

My car was backed into 28th October by another party insured with Shannons. $3200 damages. Sent them my quote for repairs by email within 2 days. Month later they said need pictures of every panel, speedo, vin & gearshift!!! Haunted them for another 2 weeks before claim was settled. As an owner of 5 cars, ( 2 classics ) a house , contents & a boat. I definitely wont be dealing with this organisation.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Tanya

TanyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No care for members or ownership of mistakes

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Nicholas R.

Nicholas R.Perth, WA

Not very good

The staff over the phone was very helpful and friendly.

My Vehicle was insured for 27k and I was paying $1200 per year 5000kms limit. After the first year I felt like I was getting screwed. The value of the car did not go down at all but then Shannon's decided to drop it just under 22k and still paying the same per year. So I let it slide for a bit. Then I looked up Enthusiast Insurance.

Long story short. Enthusiast insured my car for 36k and told me the value doesn't go down so their Agreed Value shouldn't drop either but we will see. Now I am only paying $750 per year but 3, 000kms is my limit.

Claim MadeNo

They are dishonest won't pay up called me a lier

Cyclone Debbie Bowen , ran over concrete broke gearbox, shannons paid to have gearbox out so mechanic could quote
machanic explained. to shannons assor gear cogs split into 3 pieces because of smash sent photos etc, they refused to pay said it was mechanical, and I was lying Took legal advice not worth it, shannons is cheaper but what's the point if they don't pay.?

Insurance TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle

Sleaf1

Sleaf1Brisbane

Claimed with no problems. Prompt and efficient.

My vintage car caught fire. Claim was processed quickly and efficiently. Communication excellent and painless. Claim settled with no hassles. Would strongly recommend. Wish all car insurance claims were that painless.

Car Model1975 VW Beetle
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019

Worthy1

Worthy1Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Shannons is not what it used to be

Car Modelcommodore vk

scott

scottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good.

Been with them for many years now. I have imports and they have been good to me. I recently went with them for home insurance with them as well. I made one claim which was handled quickly. I know a bloke who made a house claim and said they went above and beyond so that's why I thought I'd give them a shot.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

2Spooky

2SpookySouth East Queensland, QLD

Classic car insurance; paid out full agreed value within 12 days

Received my payout in 12 days and retained my salvage rights as guaranteed. Overall I was pretty happy with the service provided. Always spoke to on-shore customer service who I didn't have to follow-up too much. There were a couple of hiccups; for example I provided a stat dec and then when I followed up they said they were waiting on me to give them the stat dec so I had to tell them to check the previous email attachment. They also asked for proof that my phone I was claiming for was damaged and I had to instruct them it was at the bottom of the river the car crashed into. Other than that all was fine.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Angela

AngelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Enthusiast bullies

13 weeks and my claim is still going. Claim has been passed to 3 assessors so far. Absolute joke. They don't care about you or your car. Disgraceful customer service. Every person l spoke to were all indicative of hostility and bullying. Have 2 cars, 3 motorbikes a truck and home and contents with them. Thousands of dollars paid every year for almost 20 years and your reward for being a loyal customer...zero, nothing.

SimonDigby

SimonDigbyWestern Australia

Hopeless, rude and totally ineffective.

Claim DateNovember 2017

Olivia Y

Olivia YSydney, NSW

Best in Australia

Amazing results, fast claims and very helpful in finding parts for our old Austin Healey 100/4.
Great discounts for mature members and the have people who know cars and restorations . Well Done.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Shellz

ShellzNorth Queensland, QLD

Shannon’s Car Insurance “Where the car & the customer comes last”..lodge complaints with AFCA

After having a minor accident & having nothing but problems with Shannon’s bullying & condescending assessor & crap internal complaints process at Shannon’s/AAI...I suggest that you lodge an internal complaint, however also lodge a complaint with AFCA as they at least try to help & the more people that lodge complaints about this insurer the more hope that all of us have of getting a fair outcome in the long run. The AFCA Complaints process is fairly simple & until the government has records of these unscrupulous insurers nothing will ever change.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Car Enthusiasts ..... They wouldn’t know the meaning

Car Model1934
Stanislas B.

Stanislas B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Adelaide. Won't insure my Sportster on my driveway with cover, immobiliser, alarm, and lock

Guy on the phone was amazing and obviously not his fault but...
Too risky to insure me. I live in Eastern suburb
I was able to insure my bikes 5 years in London in the same conditions but Adelaide is too risky guys.
In other terms, they will only insure you if they know they can guarantee never have to give you any money.
People lie about their garaged addresses, and I know why now. Transparency doesn't always pay off
Shame on you Shannons. Claiming to be the insurance for the petrol heads
My bike has been in this spot for a year without insurance and will stay like that. Saves me money

Reviews say it all

SHANNONS INSURANCE.. do not pay out.. they will find any loop hole not to pay.. they do not care about your classic car.. all they worry about is getting your money.. Absolute Scammers

Shirley

ShirleySydney, NSW

Great customer service from aussies

We have two cars insured with shannons. Initially the set up was quick and i had all my questions answered well. I have had to make a couple of claims over the last 5 years with shannons and the whole process was seamless. The app they have through suncorp also gave me updates of whats going on and we could just drop the car off nearby and within a couple of days it was fixed and back. Every time i need to call i get a great person who is really helpful and they send me emails to confirm documents promptly after the phone call. In fact i was so pleased with the service i have my house and contents now with them as well.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelToyota Starlet
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Kay Fenyk

Kay FenykCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shannon’s Car Insurance.

Recently we decided to change our car insurance policies. After hearing great reports about Shannon’s, I called them. The young gentleman was so very helpful, and after answering all of his questions, he provided me with some quotes. This young man was very pleasant, and at the completion of the call, e-mailed the quotes to me. I was very pleased with this service and we have since gone ahead with these quotes.

Car ModelHolden Cruze

Davidf57

Davidf57Sydney, NSW

Never used them for a few reasons.

When I called them to get a quote for a collectible Ducati bevel drive ( I called them over a few years to give them the benefit of the doubt), I was asked if it was garaged under lock and key. It is a locked community garage I said, the bike has lived there for 16 years at the time, with no problems. I ride it very little, about 500km a year, so little risk I would have thought. On all four occasions they refused to insure it for the reason of the community garage in a block of units. It has never been insured since that time. No claim, no money paid out. So I'm ahead for sure, thanks Shannons, you did me a favour by refusing to insure the bike!