Shannons Car Insurance
See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Shannons

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (16)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (22) · No (17)
Jake M.
Jake M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great insurer, value for money, with Australian based customer call centres that provides A+++ CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

5 years ago I got rid of all my home & vehicle insurers and took up 8 home & car policies with Shannons! In that time I have had only 2 small claims, of which only one was at fault. In all instances Shannon’s was highly professional and provided EXCELLENT CUSTOMER service from the report, claim through to the settlement process. Your Coles, Youi, Budget or RACV insurance service don’t even come close to Shannon’s !!!

Extremely poor service and sneaky underhanded tactics to reduce payouts.

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't even give me a quote because I didn't say I was a car enthusiast

Wouldn't even give me a quote because I didn't say I was a car enthusiast. I have a very special car I just didn't want to play their game...absolute joke!

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Travis A.
Travis A.Perth, WA

They are criminals and ruined my life

They had had my 2015 Chev Silverado
Used fir work . Locked in there shed 150
Days with out a Decision . I did police reprg all. , good . Had hire car 1 week then they took back . .I have never lost my license and no criminal record . I’ve been suicidal and broke . They sent cops and ambo around . Then sent me $1039 Bill .
They just lie snd change everything around .3 interview a with a very Argant bully .

It’s gonna take another 3 months to fix aswell .
Worst business ever

Brendan F.

Now I haven't had a claim, so this could change, but if you're a car person, they seem to be too.

Mark
MarkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute joke of a company

HannaH
HannaHPerth, WA

6 month payment

Have bad motorbike insured with Shannon’s for over 10 years, never had a claim, am thinking of selling bike so only insured for 6 months, had a phone call yesterday to say we could only insure for 6 months unless we do direct debit

Super Funds Awards 2020!

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Alex W.
Alex W.Illawarra, NSW

Car insurance claim

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with I have been given the run around my car has been with them for almost 5months now with still no answer on the outcome
I completed one interview with an investigator and was told it was all good to repair car then all of a sudden it was put on hold to speak to another investigator gave them all information they needed they took my car from my mechanic without notice then took 2 weeks to find out where it was it has been nothing but a headache

Trevor
TrevorIllawarra, NSW

Son's claim

Brett N.
Brett N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very happy with Shannons

I honestly don't know what all these complaints are about. I've been insured with Shannons for about 12 years. I've had to make claims and they have been great every time. I've changed cars on/off the policy regularly and I've never had a rude or even unfriendly response. Sure, they are a company for enthusiasts, not the average motorist, so they want to see some sort of evidence such as car club ownership or owning at least one old/classic vehicle. So if you ring up and carry on like they owe you something and MUST insure your one modern car, then maybe you should be looking elsewhere??

Disappointed Dave
Disappointed DaveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No Loyalty, no flexibility, misleading quotations

shugal01
shugal01GREEN POINT

appalling service and liars to boot

have been with this company for a couple of years, after hearing about them thru CCHCClub. Paid CTP x2 (husband and myself). Tried to pay for car regos x2, after being told that CTP had been sent to service NSW-nothing. Printed off paperwork, after being told that rta can manually put in details if 3rdpty into their computer( lie No1). After 4 phone calls, admitted that their they had not put VIN onto CTP slip. Stated they could not help me, as I was not on the policy( lie No2). After 2 more calls from spouse, and issues sorted, person stated that I was very happy that issues were sorted- Lie No3- no-one had rung me after last call I made which, was to tell me that they couldn't help me.

Michael Jones
Michael JonesPerth, WA

Purchased Insurance for FJ Cruiser

Was a great experience, advised how much i wanted based on current value of similair vehicles and they matched it for a reasonable price. Much better than what RAC could offer me.
Couldnt fault the gentleman, very professional and helpful.

Spud
SpudGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can I give zero stars?

Weirdest conversation of my life. Refused to quote unless I could prove we were passionate about our new Silverado and that it wasn’t just a touring vehicle is wrong

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Customer service?

I’ve recently purchased newer model of wrx, I am not a young kid and I am a woman. I just like quick cars but I am not in any clubs or online forums (who has time for this?) . I was searching for insurance as I found out its a but harder to insure this sort of car. A man who answered the phone was the rudest person I’ve spoken to for a while, all I wanted was a quote. Firstly he kept pronouncing my name wrong and when I said no I am not a part of any forums or clubs he hang up on me!

So with this type of company you basically have to be the right fit.

Trotterasked

Is there a PERSONAL AGE LIMIT for drivers insured with Shannons

Trotter

Thanks for the follow up. Downloaded the PDS and read it. There is no mention of DRIVER AGE Restriction other than if issued with a medical driving restriction.
Noticed NO CLAIM BONUS can be available. DO I GET THIS ON MY POLICY PREMIUM?? Please advise

Scott
Scott asked
Car Insurance

Car was stolen from driveway, key's accidentally left in the ignition is it covered have comprehensive

Josh S.
Josh S.asked
Car Insurance

Hey if somebody hit my back chrome bumper of my Holden HD with there tow ball causing a small dent would the bumper be repaired and re chromed or replaced with a new bumper ? Thankyou

Bal D
Bal D

Haha, now that's funny. No sir. They could care less about 'motoring enthusiasts'. It will be bodgied up where possible. Repairers are getting to the point of refusing to work with Shannons / Suncorp because of their bodgy repair policies with cheap parts and labour. Read the fine print about choice of repairer etc. They'd sooner put a plastic bumper on and spray it with chrome paint.

See all Shannons Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives

Shannons Car Insurance

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Not Included
Towing Costs IncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to 14 days to a limit of $1,500

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $2,000 in totalNot Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

If your motor vehicle or motorcycle is deemed a total loss and:

• your motor vehicle or motorcycle is less than one year old from the date of original registration,

• you purchased it new

• you are the first registered owner

• any finance company with an interest in your motor vehicle or motorcycle gives its consent

Your motor vehicle or motorcycle will be replaced with a new vehicl e of the same make, model and series

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedCovered for damage if you can provide: - current name and address of the driver and/or owner of the other vehicle - registration number and description of the vehicle at fault
Accidental Loss or Damage