Shannons Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (20) · No (11)
Joe

JoeDarwin, NT

No problem at all!

There are so many negative reviews about their customer service. However, according to my experience, I found their staffs are very professional and helpful. They know about cars. Had no problem getting a quote. Their price is the best, while other insurers even refused to insure my vehicle.

Car ModelMini 3-Door Hatch
Emma B

Emma BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude and appalling customer service - don't recommend!

Rang up to get a quote as I just purchased a prestige car and needed a reputable insurer.
This was one of the most belittling experiences I have ever had with a business. The staff member I spoke to was not only condescending but extremely rude when he asked me to prove I was a "car enthusiast". Based on this conversation and the way I was treated I can only imagine how difficult they would be in the event of a claim. I would never recommend to anybody!!!

John lowe

John lowe South East Queensland, QLD

One of the best insurance companies in aus

Car ModelHSV GTS E-Series

Find out how Shannons Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Didn't qualify as an enthusiast and therefore couldn't get a quote - What a joke!

Called to get a quote for my 21 year old Mitsubishi (Japanese import).
Because I didn't convince the operator that I was a car enthusiast, they told me they couldn't provide a quote and I should look elsewhere.
What a stupid business model!

OnTheWrongPlanet

OnTheWrongPlanetCentral Queensland, QLD

Gone to the dogs

Car ModelLand Rover Discovery 3
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
David M.

David M.

1 star is not low enough

Didnt even want my money. Have to be part of their club they said. Talk to me like I'm was a pleb. Disgraceful customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

3 years and goes up over 10% with 65% no Claim Discount

Had to haggle every year from the start.. Suncorp was cheaper from the start. If you choose Shannons you will get a big discount if you do not claim after 3 years they stated, so I chose Shannons. After 3 years the policy went up another 8.7% from the previous year (year 2) and when discussing the policy with a charming lady as per every year (with attitude). The 65% is already applied! Your Motorcycle depreciates every year! (Good luck replacing a 2017 CBR1000RR Matt Black at all, FYI! With minimal kms in mint condition in near new condition) Suncorp is a sister company she stated. Cancelled the policy and went with Suncorp for $300+ dollars cheaper per year with same agreed value. Poor form Shannons. Wake up to yourselves.

Mat

MatHunter Region, NSW

Don’t answer

Rang three times. Waited 20-30 minutes each time with no answer. I have four policies with them already and wanted comprehensive insurance on another brand new vehicle. Well YOUi are living my business now

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 GX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic
Jamie frank

Jamie frankMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not do any business with Shannon’s.

I wish I could leave no stars. Do not do business with these people. I had my car stolen and they did absolutely nothing but try and get out of paying. After weeks of back and forth they only gave me a partial amount of what my car was insured for. Change your Insurance provider ASAP. Absolute criminals, the people I spoke to didn’t care and had no passion

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Sean O.

Sean O.Perth, WA

Time to get rid of Shannons!

I have been Insured with "Shannons" not suncorp for the last 20yrs and have to put a claim in for my bonnet which is stuffed because of a weather incident. Being told we don't blend paint now so the bonnet will be new with new paint ..... going onto a very faded Landcruiser. My pride and joy is gunna look bloody terrible. I can see a fight coming on I think.....

Claim DateJuly 2020

LeenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shannons Unreliable roadside accident procedures

Car ModelToyota Yaris
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Joe

JoeWerribee

Shocking service! Customer service training required urgently.

Shocking service! I've been with Shannons for a number of years and was recently in and out of hospital with a serious breakdown. Shannons sent me emails about my overdue car insurance premiums and just cancelled by policies without even trying to make a simple phone call. When I contacted them and explained what happened, they simply ignored me and said that they don't contact customers by phone. They completely showed a lack of compassion and just stated that I should have checked my mail. I was in hospital for Gods sake. A simple phone call could have saved me this additional anxiety.

Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX
Peter C

Peter C

Purchase Shannons car insurance at your own risk!

We had multiple policies for a number of years, claim initially approved but next day quote for additional damaged submitted to purposely write off car. Shannons contacted VicRoads to write off car before they contacted us. AFCA supported Shannons at every turn, although they mislead them with non-current product disclosure statement, if you don’t believe our story check AFCA stats online to see what chance you have of getting a fair go.
Shannons are only the face of the company you have to deal with when you make a claim, never again!
No trust in Shannons to provide what you pay for.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019

Les M.

Les M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing service and support

This is the second time that I had to make a claim with Shannons and I still keep my no claim.
Their staff and service is awesome they paid out fast

Car ModelHarley Davidson
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2020
kym.b.wilson

kym.b.wilsonGippsland, VIC

Very happy with my shannons claim

We have been with shannons for over 15 years. Recently I made my first insurance claim ever. Shannon's were brilliant, they didn't need lots of paper work or ask lots of questions. They suggested a repairer close by, but said I could get a quote from our regular repairer if I wanted. The claim was very easy and fast and the time for the work to be arranged and completed was amazing! They suggested I use windscreens Obrien but also said I could use another windscreen provider if I chose. It took less than 3 weeks from my first phone call to shannons to having my car returned repaired.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

More damages to my car and lied

These people are dishonest, lies thru their teeth, I bought my car back from them because it’s not viable to fix but I got my car back with more damages and no longer drivable (broke my gear shifter), and they wouldn’t reduce the price or fix it. Passed me around different people who tells me different things.

Claim ApprovedYes

Unbelievably rude and would not give me a quote on a modified car I was looking to buy

I asked for a quote for buying a modified car and because I didn't go to car shows and have a suped up modified car already, I wasn't an acceptable person who fit their model to get a quote from them. Couldn't believe they refused to give me a quote! What company refuses business just because I don't have the car they think I should have now? Still shaking my head in wonder of the rudeness and dismissal I was given.

Car ModelHyundai i30
Peter M

Peter MBelconnen 2615, ACT

Terrible customer service

Lost a car in the recent ACT hail event. Shannon’s very extremely efficient in collecting the excess payment from me however not a single phone call or update was given after that time. No hire car, no assistance provided inspite of having comprehensive insurance. I will never deal with Shannon’s again. 5 weeks on, still nothing.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Josh S.

Josh S.asked

Car Insurance

Hey if somebody hit my back chrome bumper of my Holden HD with there tow ball causing a small dent would the bumper be repaired and re chromed or replaced with a new bumper ? Thankyou

Bal D

Haha, now that's funny. No sir. They could care less about 'motoring enthusiasts'. It will be bodgied up where possible. Repairers are getting to the point of refusing to work with Shannons / Suncorp because of their bodgy repair policies with cheap parts and labour. Read the fine print about choice of repairer etc. They'd sooner put a plastic bumper on and spray it with chrome paint.

Shaz

Shazasked

Car Insurance

Has anyone else had any trouble with Insure my ride changing to Shannon’s and not receiving any insurance renewals, reminders etc and then finding your not insured until you need it.
Very disappointed.

Bal D

Yes. I tried to claim on my Shannons Insurance and was told they couldn't even find my policy. Pathetic.

Hennie

Hennieasked

Car Insurance

If I let someone else drive my car and have comprehensive, would they be covered under my insurance or not?

Josie
Josie

It depends on the insurer and the age of the other driver.

Akan
Akan

i think they have to be listed

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives

Compare both Shannons Car Insurance

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500Not Included
Towing Costs IncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to 14 days to a limit of $1,500

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $2,000 in totalNot Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

If your motor vehicle or motorcycle is deemed a total loss and:

• your motor vehicle or motorcycle is less than one year old from the date of original registration,

• you purchased it new

• you are the first registered owner

• any finance company with an interest in your motor vehicle or motorcycle gives its consent

Your motor vehicle or motorcycle will be replaced with a new vehicl e of the same make, model and series

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedCovered for damage if you can provide: - current name and address of the driver and/or owner of the other vehicle - registration number and description of the vehicle at fault
Accidental Loss or Damage