Shannons Car Insurance

Shannons Car Insurance

You do not get choice of repairer

Beware....Beware....Beware....
You do not get choice of repairer, only a chance to get a quote from them and for Shannons assessors to then halve it.
So your choice of repairer can’t perform the repairs at the reduced costs stipulated by Shannons.
You then have to go to a cheaper repairer to appease Shannons, and if that’s too high then they will give you a reduced payout on their assessment.
Please don’t be fooled as they are now owned by Suncorp which owns AAMI and they use Capital Smart repairs.
So why don’t you call Shannons and ask the salesperson if you are guaranteed choice of repairer and he will tell you to read the product disclosure statement.
Google it before you get a policy or if you have a policy go to another insurance provided that doesn’t give you misleading information.

phone to get a quote

really arrogant customer service, the guy said "No NO NO if you are not a car enthusiast forget it" before i said I wanna insure a Ferrari for my mum, too bad i go somewhere else.

Car ModelBentley Continental GT W12
Claim MadeNo

predetermined decision to write off my car without assessing

townsville floods 2019, my car was in flood water to just below the door. it did not get in the cabin, but i decided to lodge a claim, hoping for a repair.
4 days after they picked up the car. the tow truck driver put down the window and took it to the bulk assesment yard.. manheim (which is an auction site)

about 28feb, they officialy told me it was a write off. i took the pay out and asked to salvage it for a fee.
5mar19 called shannons to asked where my car was, they didnt know. 6mar a towie rings me to drop off the car. i said thats fine, he asked for the key so he could steer it.

key.. well i gave that to the dude who picked it up...

but when i watched the towie unload.. i saw the window was allready open... funny, you didnt have a key, so how did you... oh wait, the window has been open since you collected the car? so the unaffected by flood water interior is now affected by 3 weeks of weather?

what eles have you done.. oh .. nicked my towball and spare wheel!

also wonder how you can assess a car without a key.. how did you plug it into a obd and turn it on to see if there were any faults?

today i called them to chase up my missing items of which they say was not their fault as i accepted it in the condition it was in... well i left it with a frigging tow ball and spare wheel!

then i get "when you aggreed to have it towed to maniheim, you knew it was a write off.."

so they decided on day 1 it was a write off but didnt tell me the decision till nearly a month later when it was further damaged.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Commodore VE (2006-2013)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst Customer Service Ever

My 86 year old father has been with Shannons for over 25 years, he made his first claim 2 weeks ago, the customer services is appalling, I had to constantly call them to get an assessor out to look at the damage he told us he would be out between 12 and 2pm well at 4.45pm he turned up gave us his brochure and told us someone will be out to fix the damage, its been over a week and no one has made contact let alone come out to fix the damage. Every time I call I get transferred to a different department waiting for up to 20min on the phone. I would never recommend this company.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Only for SPECIAL people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the tone of the first words that came from the telephone salespersons mouth I knew I was in for a treat!! He asked me all about my car interests and how many other cars I own, how many car clubs I belong to, how many times I frequent car events etc etc etc Then asked why i had bought the car I had and not a Australian one, I felt like I was being interviewed for a job rather than being a potential customer for car insurance. Put the phone down from Shannons and called another company and had my insurance sorted within 10 mins no dramas. Thanks for wasting my time Shannons i now have my car insured with one of your competitors.

Claim MadeNo

Read the fine print on agreed value

HI
Got my renewal for my harley and my car both insured with agreed value to which i pay extra on my policy, anyway my agreed value has dropped $800.00 for my bike and car by $452.00 so that a loss of value of $1282.00 including my renewal which went up by $30.00 oh and no claims during this period.

Look at the fine print i was told they have the right to change prices according to market value, so why did i pay extra for agreed value, its all crap they are no better that all the rest,

Will be looking around for someone who doesn't lie, so over this company

Car Modelgw
Claim MadeNo

this insurance company is one of the worst, I've ever seen, put claim on January 2019 taking 1 month to process claim

1 price was good
2 easy setup
3 they take about 1 month for them to process my claim, still on this day there's no conclusion.
4 1 year now
5 none

Car ModelHonda Integra DC5
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

SHAME SHANNONS SHAME.... UNHELPFUL, ARROGANT, PATHETIC, UNPROFESSIONAL,INCOMPETENT

2016 Mustang stolen, due to my own CCTV, it was found next day, minor damage, great right? Ummm... Enter Shannons assessor Steve, (he looks in the mirror and sees god looking back at him) due to the maggot that stole it, tyres were down on tread big time and were unroadworthy, the tyres that were only 8000ks worn b4 theft... Was told by god (Steve) that they were 50% worn at time of theft (god is a tyre guru as well. Yeah and the Raiders will win the league this year) got report from tyre shop (u know people that do this day in day out) reported that fronts had flat spots and rear tyres were obviously worn by burnout attempts that Bob Jane Snr could see (RIP Bob). Shannons didn't accept tire report from Jax ?? I mentioned what the ombudsmen would say he agreed to pay for rears only, (thanks god) cash in bank, rim damage, again god says no, Shannons did pay for a sun visor that a rat ate at q Ford North Lakes as well as a seat cover that said rat started on..... I'm gonna finnish now, won't mention that maggot ran into a 64 eh that was parked in shed whilst trying to find reverse, and was told on no less than 6 times, that it was covered, but when I tried geting a claim no, was told to "Refer to pds, as they don't cover property that was damaged by someone that does not have permission to drive car' (it was stolen, silly me) somehow there was a complaint raised when I asked to cancel my 3 polices? Result: there words " they will not be covering my holden commodore 1963 eh, motoring enthusiasts?? More like money $$$$ enthusiasts

Terrible experience. Never recommend Shannons

One customer of Shannon’s hit my car. I contacted my own insurance policy and gave them details of the other person and his policy number. I was getting delays in vehicle repairs. The vehicle was the one I used to drive Uber. I lost my income for 3-4 weeks. I received letter from Shannon’s for repairs 3 weeks after the incidence. I called Shannon’s after I got to know I can hire a car. The consultant said we can’t give you the because your insurance company already started the work on it instead he advised me to hire one from hertz and said will reimburse the money. Also told me that we can’t take a car from Uber it would only be for person usage. I did the same thing. He advise he will provide loss of income reimbursement as well as I could not drive for 4 weeks and lost nearly 8,000 dollars. Now when I called for reimbursement for hire car and loss of income he said why did u not hired a car for Uber. I asked it was your consultant who advised me to get one for private use. His answer was u should confirm from outside we may be wrong at some times. Although I was not at fault, Got no reimbursement, got out of money, lost income for 4 weeks, paid for hire car from out of pocket as well. Never recommend Shannon’s to anyone.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Worst experience of my life

Car and wallet stolen along with house keys no credit card or licence then house robbed with my keys. Then told I'm under review but been a 20 year customer with rate in 1 for life. No hire car offered but told they would reimburse me bit hard without credit card or licence hey ! A month later and subcontractors want 3 days of my life to review. Nice service.

Insurance claim madeYes

Shannons had great customer service

When I had to make a small claim last year I found Shannons to be very helpful and pleasant over the phone. I was able to choose who fixed up my car with no fuss.

Thank-you Shannons

I recently made a claim through Shannons and found them more than helpful. My Car was accessed and repairs started within a week with the repairer of my choice. I am very happy with all aspects from the start of the claim until the finish.

Insurance claim madeYes

Manners are part of good business

I have been a full vehicle insurance member for around 4 years. This year I made my first claim. Someone (Unknown) backed into my vehicle while I was shopping. So I had to pay the first $600 excess..My issue here is not the cost of the claim, but the sarcastic response from the underwriter when I canceled my policy because they increased my policy payments because of an incident that now destroyed my no claim bonus. Shannons need to re train their staff on dealing with clients who are their breadwinners at the end of the day. Im happy to put up the email I received from this ........ Lets give him a Nick name

Rude .. AAA insurance member declined

I couldn’t believe the phone call I just had with a Shannon’s rep ! Told me because I wasn’t part of any forums or 4x4 club that I wasn’t a car enthusiast and they wouldn’t insure us .. well okay no problems 2 x cars, boat and house and contents insurance - AAA rating - your loss !

Quote overpriced

Rang to get a quote for my 997 porsche, restricted to 100 and something days only driving, $800 excess, $2400p/a,
My current Insurer RACV, $700 excess, unlimited days driving, $1280 p/a.
I am 60 years old, with no claims in last 5 years,
Who do I choose??? Mmmmmm hard one !!

Insurance claim madeNo

Classic car insurance is way over priced..don't bother

I been with Shannons for years.. while I was talking to a friend about insurance premiums I quickly realised that I was paying more than double compared to the nearest competitor who also included more, such as roadside assist..so I decided to go with the other company. This year I decided to give Shannons another chance for an opportunity to insurer my car..once again the premium was close to double with no roadside assist ..

I will not give Shannons an opportunity to insure my car next year.

Motorcycle

I found the customer service really good as I haven't had to hang on on the phone for long periods for quick updates and even canceling!

Price was good for my motorcycle. But one day I ran out the battery and I needed some sort of help and there was no number whatsoever on the website, neither in my account info, neither the customer service number was operating. So it was a kind of an issue as I couldn't rely on the company to even check what could be my options.

tried to give me an unroadworthy car and 3 months and still chasing paper work

so i had a accident, my fault jack knifed a trailer and damage my triton to me it was a write off i rang the panel shop and explain how i went off and stopped up on a log. i was suprrised when after chasing them up for 3 weeks it was going to get fixed another 2 weeks to ''fix it'' not too bad i thought but when i got the the headlights brackets were broken the fuel tank was still caved in on the bottom talking pushed 3 inch deep over the whole bottom, tailshaft and diff had scraps and dents in them but hadnt been checked, the front of the chassis rail had a dent in it but it was ok because the wheel aligment was within spec. not to mention the gap between cab and tray were now twice the size it was before the accident but according to panel beater i was just being fussy. i refused to take car and 2 weeks later it was writen off as it would cost too much to fix. they payed within about a week( good i thought) and told we i will have all the paperwork needed within 2 week i show the car had been writen off and so on.
through out this whole time i have had to chase them up about getting it towed from my town to the nearest pannel beater( i dont live in the cbd, its about a 2 hour round trip to my closest town that has a panel beater) i had to chase up the pannel beater to get it quoted had to chase up the assessor to recheck the car after i reufed it.
i feel shanons dont care a mate and myself are out a couple of hours pay because we went over to pick up the car to find it was still not fixed plus the fuel plus the panel beater asked me to come back a week later to make sure there wasntanything eles they had missed in the second assesment. so another round trip. on top of tht i had to relicence it couple of weeks after the acciedent because i was told it was getting fixed but the would give me the plates once the car was writen off i have to wait for the salvage place to hand them in hence the paper work im still waiting for.
they might be easy to insure old cars with but after the quality of work they are happy to pay for and really dont seem to care when they get a report of unsafe car being handed back to a customer i would avoid them, currently looking else where to cover my cars

Insurance claim madeYes
update accient claim date was 12/09/2018 it is now 21/12/18 my plates for both of the vechiles (ute and trailer) have still not been handed in and are still under my name according to dept of transport. rang them today and got told sorry to busy to sort this out we have other claims to process

Outraged

10 years with the company, wasn't reviewing my renewals as they where paid by a Secretary. Started with an agreed value which over the 10 year period declined to 50% of original whilst my premiums continued to rise. One would think there would be a close correlation between agreed value and the premium not the inverse. Questioned why, no straight answer, only how can we reduce in the future. Cancelled immediately after quote from competitor covering over twice the agreed value, no limits on driving and same premium. To be short I was outraged

Hopeless

After being insured with them for 6 years they refuse to insure me anymore as I've made 3 claims in 3 years (2 of which I don't agree were my fault). I'm removing my wife's car from their books immediately. Don't bother! They overcharge anyway. Worthless!