Sharp R350YW / R350YS

Sharp R350YW / R350YS

R350YS (Silver) and R350YW (White)

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Noise Level
Just a follow up on my experience with Sharp customer service. After submitting my complaint I am happy to say they handled the situation extremely well. They took my concerns seriously and gave me the steps I needed to follow to make an out of warranty claim, and in the end, Sharp agreed that it was a manufactoring fault and repaired my microwave free of charge. Thanks Sharp, hopefully it will last a lot longer with the new part.Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

stopped dead

I purchased this microwave when I had a new kitchen installed, has worked ok but today just stopped, less than 2 & half years old, checked power to wall, all was working. On reading these reviews quite a lot of these ovens fail around this length of time. My last Sharp is still going at my daughters place after over 10 yrs. Surely it sounds like a manufacturing problem, is Sharp assisting the repair or replacement of these models? If not I will never buy a Sharp again or recommend either. Value for Money is 0 if it stops working .

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $226.00.

Noise Level
Hi Janrio, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.Thank you, my microwave was taken to Hanns Electrical, Goonellabah for inspection and I picked it up yesterday repaired under warranty. Don't know what was wrong with it but it has been repaired in a timely manner especially over Easter hols.

Good value for money

This microwave is a fantastic size, and was an affordable option at Harvey Norman. It heats food evenly and quickly, and has simple controls. The smart system is good, but not perfect, and we haven’t been particularly satisfied with the fresh vegetables function. A key point of this microwave however would be its noise levels, it continues to make noise after an item is finished in the microwave, and it continues for a good 30 seconds which is quite frustrating at times. However as an overall system, the microwave has been satisfactory.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Noise Level
Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Regarding the noise after the timer ends, this is the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Have a good day.

Microwave perfection

This microwave is perfect for any kitchen. It doesn't take up too much space on the bench but able to fit large dinner plates. The sensor cook buttons makes it easy to pop your veggies in and have them ready just at a press of a button. Very easy to use and food always comes out perfect whether cooking from scratch or just reheating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Alysia, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Sharp are cheaping out on design quality! Avoid until further notice.

Hi all, unfortunately this microwave hasn't been designed to fit modern & top quality standards.

If this review is still up here for you to read then Sharp customer care has been of no assistance & I suggest that you avoid purchasing any Sharp products until further notice. I will be making sure to delete this review if I end up receiving proper customer service from Sharp as my family have been using there products for 30 odd years & haven't had any issues with there products until now.

This oven looks nice & modern, but it simply doesn't act nice & modern.

It's only been owned for 3 years & has been treated properly accordingly to the instruction manual with proper ventilation so there fault is definately not on our end. Unfortunately Sharp only offered 12 months warranty with this product, so this puts it out of warranty. A modern microwave should last at least 6 & a half more years then this

The other day I was microwaving some chicken nuggets & all of a sudden the microwave caught a small fire inside. I immediately clicked stop & the fire/mini explosion extuinguished by itself. Lucky I was around!

This microwave also doesn't contain it's radioactive waves inside as well as other brands of microwaves, I know this because every time I use it, it cuts out my Wireless Internet due to running on the same frequency. I've never had this issue with another microwave. This effects my business massively as I work from home.

My elderly parents worked very hard in there lives for the money that they spent on this dodgy-designed microwave. Makes me sad to see & they're not so tech-savvy, so I've decided to pounce & act for them..

If this microwave was to catch fire again or if the previous mini fire was left unattended it could easily have burnt down my parents house & destroyed everything they've ever worked for in there lives. I don't appreciate this poor design quality by Sharp one bit & don't feel safe using this microwave for much longer. Why cheap out on something so crucial?

I see this product is no longer being sold at Harvey Norman & i believe Sharp secretly stopped offering it due to finding out how faulty it really is. So once again, If this review is still up here for you to read then Sharp customer care has currently been of no assistance & I suggest that you avoid purchasing any Sharp products until further notice due to design faults. I will be making sure to delete this review if I end up receiving proper customer service from Sharp as my family have been using there products for 30 odd years & haven't had any issues with there products until now. So sad.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
I'll keep you all updated with this situation. If there's no update then there's been absolutely no help from Sharp Customer Care. I've just sent Sharp Customer Care an email to ccare@sharp.net.au with a link to this review as they suggest to do with generic replies on the other hundreds of people complaining about this same product. Am just glad to see I'm not alone after reading these reviews! Also, does this microwave interfere with any of your wireless WIFI connections due to leaking radioactivity? If so you're not alone. Apparently this issue usually occurs only with lower quality microwaves which are leaking excessive amounts of radioactivity.

Not happy

Purchased 16 October 2016 repaired under warranty February 27 2017 as it cut the power and was blank. It has cut the powe on 3 other occasions but worked when power reconnected, however, last week the same thing has happened. My previous Westinghouse lasted 27 years and Panasonic after 25 years still working which I gave to a friend when I remodelled the kitchen and wanted a stainless look and bought this. Sorry I didn't keep the Panasonic. I am loathe to waste money to have it repaired as that could go to cost of a better brand.
Advice..... don't buy sharp!!! Why? They are blunt!!! Purchased from Bing Lee Bankstown

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Butcher, thank you for providing feedback and we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Sel, we appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback. For support, feel free to send through your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, where our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.I had several email contacts with Sharp who insisted that I have a formal inspection of the product by a "Sharp approved service agent". They would pay if there was a "manufacturing problem" (unspecified), otherwise I would have to pay between $75 and $150. I decided not to drive across town to throw good money after bad and took it to the tip. I have bought another brand.Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

Not happy at all

I have purchased my SHARP R350YS from JB Hi-Fi and it stopped working all of a sudden whilst it has been used for less than an year. I have always been going with SHARP for microwave and not at all happy for being dealt with such a poor quality this time. I am unable to find the Invoice and would like to know from the manufacturer what was wrong with my oven and how it can be fixed.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sireesh, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. Our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops Working after just two and half years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average lifetime of nine years for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with the manufacturer to see if there is any warranty available.
Thanks!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Amelia, thank you for your time and patience. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. Our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.Sharp responded quickly and the microwave is repaired now under the consumer guarantee guidelines.Hi Amelia, we are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dear customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback.

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops working after just 2.5 years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average of 9 years life expectancy for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with manufacturer to see if there is product warranty available for repair or replacement.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Amelia, thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback.

Powerful model works well

Got a reconditioned one off eBay and it's going great guns. Its quite powerful (950 watts) and the thing I really like about it is that is cooks and defrosts very evenly. Its an inverter style microwave so I guess this is the difference. It's very simple and obvious to operate and looks sharp too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a great day!

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Hi Annie, Thank you for your time and patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review? Our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Made a wrong choice

Terrible experience.
Much worse experience when it ....it took weeks to repair by sharp repairer. Brought back home and after week it stopped working again.
Not good way to treat customers who spend their faith and money in your brand.
Please improve standard of your under warranty repairs process.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Amarpreet, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the service. Would you still like us to contact you to investigate the issue? If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this feedback, our customer care team will be able to assist you.