Sharp R350YW / R350YS

R350YW (White), R350YS (Silver)
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

billv53

Well my microwave joined the others. Failed after 2 yrs and 1 month.

Like others in the review the microwave lasted just over 2 years. Purchased Sharp after my previous second Panasonic failed, though they gave years of service. Liked the size of the unit and thought the cool down cycle would help in unit longevity. Extremely dissapointed as I thought Sharp were a leading brand. Will contact Sharp to see how I go as it is obviousl;y a common problem going via the reviews on this site.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

billv53

Sharp have agreed to fix under warranty.

Michael G.
Michael G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped Working.

Looks good. Quiet. The cool down function gets annoying, but worst of all like the majority of other reviews, we hit the two year mark and suddenly it makes an unusual noise and no longer heats. I'll go back to Panasonic, lasted a lot longer. Sharp, prove me wrong!

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Michael, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

Kevin W
Kevin WCairns

A lot better than the previous model

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $228.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Kevin, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
ThePeoplesChamp
ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Excellent microwave!

Very well designed. Nice white display panel and led interior light. Heats food up perfectly.

I'm a resident Product Review user so rest assured I'll update this review if anything changes

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13
John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

JanrioBallina

stopped dead

I purchased this microwave when I had a new kitchen installed, has worked ok but today just stopped, less than 2 & half years old, checked power to wall, all was working. On reading these reviews quite a lot of these ovens fail around this length of time. My last Sharp is still going at my daughters place after over 10 yrs. Surely it sounds like a manufacturing problem, is Sharp assisting the repair or replacement of these models? If not I will never buy a Sharp again or recommend either. Value for Money is 0 if it stops working .

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $226.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Janrio, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Janrio

Thank you, my microwave was taken to Hanns Electrical, Goonellabah for inspection and I picked it up yesterday repaired under warranty. Don't know what was wrong with it but it has been repaired in a timely manner especially over Easter hols.

Grace T
Grace T

Good value for money

This microwave is a fantastic size, and was an affordable option at Harvey Norman. It heats food evenly and quickly, and has simple controls. The smart system is good, but not perfect, and we haven’t been particularly satisfied with the fresh vegetables function. A key point of this microwave however would be its noise levels, it continues to make noise after an item is finished in the microwave, and it continues for a good 30 seconds which is quite frustrating at times. However as an overall system, the microwave has been satisfactory.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Regarding the noise after the timer ends, this is the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Have a good day.

Alysia
AlysiaNewcastle

Microwave perfection

This microwave is perfect for any kitchen. It doesn't take up too much space on the bench but able to fit large dinner plates. The sensor cook buttons makes it easy to pop your veggies in and have them ready just at a press of a button. Very easy to use and food always comes out perfect whether cooking from scratch or just reheating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Alysia, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

inconsistent
inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
ReviewsQueensland, 4227

Sharp are cheaping out on design quality! Avoid until further notice.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Butcher
ButcherRevesby

Not happy

Purchased 16 October 2016 repaired under warranty February 27 2017 as it cut the power and was blank. It has cut the powe on 3 other occasions but worked when power reconnected, however, last week the same thing has happened. My previous Westinghouse lasted 27 years and Panasonic after 25 years still working which I gave to a friend when I remodelled the kitchen and wanted a stainless look and bought this. Sorry I didn't keep the Panasonic. I am loathe to waste money to have it repaired as that could go to cost of a better brand.
Advice..... don't buy sharp!!! Why? They are blunt!!! Purchased from Bing Lee Bankstown

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Butcher, thank you for providing feedback and we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Sel
SelMiami

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016