2Simply Energy

1,625 reviews
Susan G.
Susan G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DEPLORABLE

I am writing this review to make people aware of the terrible customer service and process time in dealing with Simply Energy (Engie). An application was made to upgrade our service from single phase to 3 phase and re-locate over 55 days ago to have Simply Energy cancel the order over and over again. We have been left with no alternative but to take the matter further to the ombudsman. We are not able to live in our new part of our house and our builder and electrician have been inconvenienced over and over again.
DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM Show details

Maddie P.
Maddie P.Sydney, NSW

Sloth
Sloth22 posts

Engie old name Simply Energy Avoid at all cost!

Now called Engie......
Avoid at all cost!
Poor service!
Website does not work properly!
Fraudulent electricity bills!
Impossible to contact!
Waste lots of time trying to reslove matters which remain unresolved!
They cancel cases as resolved when they are unresolved!
They do not appear to understand English very well! Show details
Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Ripped Off

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Our last bill April 2024 was $1074 and we have fifty solar panels and a heat pump hot water service. On the bill there was a note saying that they’ve crunched the numbers and could have saved us $780 over the last year if we had changed our contract. Pity we didn’t know before being billed. I’m wondering how many other aged pensioners are coping dealing with companies like this one. Why should people have to keep changing their contracts and how can charges be increased without notification. Show details
Divesh N.
Divesh N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Whita collar criminals

Ripped off a relative and sent a letter admitting their fault after relative switched to another provider. Simply Energy is synonymous with scams. No wonder they are changing names to Engie. I don't know why authorities aren't doing anything about them. Would give a zero star if it was possible. 96% negative reviews says it all. Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi Divesh, I'm sorry to hear that. Feel free to send us a message on our Facebook page so we can investigate here: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

Shunty
ShuntySydney, NSW6 posts

Dodgy

Stay away from simply energy. They changed my rates and plan within days of signing up. My final bill for 10days of electricity was significantly higher than I normally pay per month. They are opportunistic criminals. Signing up was an expensive mistake when times are already tough. F u simply energy Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi there, we'll let you know in advance before any price change. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

Anne V.
Anne V.Perth, WA

Simply Energy   DM

Hi Anne, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our team. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

Salma H.
Salma H.2 posts

Better without energy then switching to simple energy

Better be without energy than this company. They are typical minting money company, who doesn’t cater their client at all. If you need them try and they will reply to
You sorry at this stage we can’t help you. When will you help after death. Totally crap. Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

Siobhan L.
Siobhan L.2 posts

Simply Energy   DM

Hi Siobhan, I'm sorry to hear that. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Simply Energy   DM

Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry to hear that. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

David
David3 posts

RIP OFF MERCHANTS

I was with them for a few months and then bang! My rates increased by 30% and no notification.
by the time I cancelled I had lost hundreds of dollars- do not trust this company. I contacted them and they said there was an ''industry increase'' crap, I went elsewhere and they are much, much cheaper. Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi David, I'm sorry to hear that. So we can review your experience further, feel free to send us a PM on our Facebook page if you need further assistance: external link . Thanks, Tyler.

RIGWR
RIGWRNorthern Region, NSW2 posts

Dodgy cusomer service

I am trying to terminate my account as I have moved out of accommodation not to return

Website contact does not work chat service did not work either

Spent two hours on phone only to have a lnk sent to me back to their dodgy website

Customer service is non existent or useless

Next step energy Ombudsman Show details

waseem
waseemMelbourne7 posts

Sean
SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC43 posts

Simply Energy hiding reputation behind new name Engie

Changing their name to Engie in an attempt to distance themselves from their terrible reputation. Will they change their practices? Probably not. Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi there, thanks for letting us know. Can you please PM me your account number and phone number? external link  We'll investigate this further. Thanks, Tyler.

Unhappy Aussie Customer
Unhappy Aussie CustomerSydney, NSW4 posts

Dont waste your time with them

Can't even get them to answer one question in a so called "Live chat" about a "benefit" they advertise on their website. Left waiting for 15 mins and gave up. Wow, now company's are ignoring you by phone, email and their own "Live chat" options. Show details
Simply Energy   DM

Hi there, sorry about the hold. You can quickly view our plans online here: external link . Can you please PM me your account number and phone number? external link  We'll investigate this further. Thanks, Tyler.

julieu1962
julieu1962

How do i cancel my service moving

Brian
Brian

They suggest to call but I suggest to do both, call and in writing. You can see why they have 1.3 star review

Going it Alone
Going it Alone
Richard S.
Richard S.

Why can I not open the Adobe files used by Simply Energy any more? Forcing us onto their App is an abuse of their power and the regulator should make them comply to the energy rules.

Simply Energy   DM

Hi Richard, we use Adobe Acrobat for rendering of PDF bills. If you'd like to send a message onn our Facebook page with your account and screenshot of what you're seeing we can check into this. external link  Thanks, Tyler.

bodo

I changed my plan to Simply Energy-VIC-Simply Energy Solar elec.
When receiveing the "Welcome Pack" there was a page outlining "Your Charges" where you have
"Electricity Charges" and "Your Current Rates".
I noticed a new charge called "Ancillary All Day" which is $0.16555 per KWh.
Now on the Quote for "Simply Energy-VIC-Simply Energy Solar elec" which I downloaded on
the 21st of September 2022 there was no mention of a "Ancillary All Day" charge.
I think your quote is misleading and should be rectified. Say so this is false advertising.
Have attached the quote with the release date of 16th September 2022.
I contacted Simply Energy and they reckon it has been resolved but I did not get an answer.

bodo

Hi Tyler, I have been with Simply Energy for many years.
I only wanted to change from one plan to another.
You would know which tariff is assigned to our smart meter.
The energy fact sheet was for one type of tariff - no mention of another.

bodo

I was always on a peak rate (same all day) and that's what the quote on Simply Energy-VIC-Simply Energy Solar elec is

CategoryEnergy Providers

Fri8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat9:00 am - 3:00 pm
SunClosed
  • ABN: 67269241237

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now