1.4

• Rates and Fees

Animesh

AnimeshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Bad payment service

I have paid the bill for $70.34 on 7th Oct for my electricity account. But still the payment is missing from your side. I have provided the proof of payment. Still no one is able to locate the payment. This is pathetic service.
Electricity account number: [Number Removed]

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Glad we could get this sorted, Animesh. Feel free to drop us over a message if you have any questions here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

lep1d0pt3raAU

Much more expensive than other providers

Simply energy has turned out to be much more expensive than other electricity providers and very, very difficult to deal with over the phone. Phone staff simply read the same scripts over and over and do not answer questions. They will ignore requests to speak to someone that can actually have a conversation rather than just keep repeating the same scripts. They will treat you like a complete idiot without two brain cells to rub together and overcharge you for the privilege. Do not use this company. There are better retailers with lower prices and better customer service. My bills went down by a third to a half when I switched away from them.

lep1d0pt3ra

Further to this - they charge a $50 fee for a final reading on wireless metres which they DO NOT HAVE TO VISIT.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your experience over the phone. I'd like to look into this further, could you please send us a message with your review, phone number and account number here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Carnage13

Carnage13AU

Pathetic

Move in date was 2 days ago. I had electricity connected that day as requested, but no gas. Spending my third night in my new place with no hot water

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless help from simply energy

My bill for electricity with Simply energy in my 2 bedroom apartment has suddenly increased from $136 for 3 months to $495 for 3 months. I have called their 1800 number and their query number and all calls go overseas. When I query it they say "consumption". I told them I only have a fridge TV oven lights and computer and nothing here to cause such a high bill! Not happy and no reasonable response from them.

Roger

RogerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst energy provider I have ever had

I was a customer for a couple of years, paid all my bills before due date, then the bills started to compound month after month. Call centre staff in Philipines could parrot back figures they saw on the screen but that is all, no technical support for what was clearly a fault in their billing system. Resolved after much stress and intervention by the energy Ombudsman. I would not sign up with this provider again in a pink fit.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Roger, sorry to hear about your experience with us. Glad things have since been sorted, if you'd further assistance with this, don't hesitate to send us a message over on Facebook here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Apoorva

ApoorvaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Zero stars - #Ombudsman and #Consumer Affairs

Cat MorganGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible!!!!! Absolutely useless customer service workers who lie!!!

Cat Morgan

Well your staff need training to know that so they don’t just make up what they want then as three of the told me otherwise.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Cat, it's important that we check into your account and raise the feedback to our team. Could you please send us a message over on Facebook with your account details and review: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Dwayne

DwayneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Smart meter upgrade

Can’t be trusted

After receiving a $3100 power bill for a quarter for a 10 square house with 2 adults and a baby and a wood fire heater, naturally we called up to check that this was correct. After a lengthy investigation we where told it was correct(after the due date for the bill) we where assured by the customer service person that if we paid that day we would not miss out on the pay on time discount which would reduce the bill by $1200. Today we received our final bill after 4 years of being ripped off and we are being charged the discount amount we where told we didn’t have to pay!! Would not recommend them to anyone!!!

Sajay

SajaySydney, NSW

ZERO (-Ve) rating for Simply Enery

Applied for a porting to Simply energy from another retailer.
They couldn't complete the process, even after 3 months.
When asked about a tenative date of porting, they say, they cant say even the porting date.
As per the last phone call with one o their agents, they were supposed to call me back within 1-5 business days. But none called me.

A BIG NEGATIVE RATING.

Jason

JasonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor customer service, false claims and clueless staff

MatthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible

Long time customer, decided to get solar panels in June and agreed to stay with them and still waiting for them to connect a smart meter, 4 months later and still hasn’t been done after numerous calls. Would recommend to stay as far away as you can!

Matthew

It’s been 4 months, 4 phone calls and still not done, so we have decided to move on

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Matthew, I can arrange a case manager to contact you regarding this. Feel free to send us over a message with your details for further assistance: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

yenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After 3 weeks, electricity was still not connected, yet they charged fee for providing nothing!

3 weeks after application, there is still no electricity and gas connected! Yet I was charged with supply fee by them. I pointed out that there is no electricity nor gas connected, but they cut the fee off my debit card anyway! I swapped to another provider who gave me connection within 24 hour.

Here’s my a/c no: [Number Removed]

I would appreciate a refund for zero electricity supply and poor customer service.

.incorrect charges!!!..Owes me money.

Shocking service. Multiple emails to try and get money back due to app showing account overdue! Late fees where being charged. I actually had paid account and accidentally paid again due payment not being applied to account.
So many emails and now they just ignore as they owe me $272. I am not paying them for an outstanding amount when they owe me. I should try and charge the huge late fees they do!!!
They finally found my original payment and now they cant find thr one I paid incorrectly when had shown bank details so many times..
Done!!!

Missymoo

MissymooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a joke!

I just moved into a new rental property. I dont have the best credit history due to a DV relationship of 7 years that destroyed it. Anyway moving on.. i thought I had signed up successfully and was awaiting my welcome pack... nope apparently I was declined but didn't find out until I looked in the post today. Now I have to deal with the fact that my utilities weren't connected 2 weeks ago like I had thought. They didn't contact me or let me know. THANKS

Terrible policies.

Simply took my electricity bill out twice and then stated that I couldn't ask for a refund on my account for 10 days. I would then have to file a refund request, wait for that to process (2-3 days) and then wait a further 2-3 days for it to return to my account. This is after they tried to convince me to just have it as a credit on my account for my next bill. As a mistake that I didn't have any part in to begin with, I am furious that this is the best they could do. I am a student with plenty of bills and need MY money back to get all those sorted (I am now late on other 'life' payments). Will be switching companies for both gas and electricity ASAP.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Thanks for having a chat about this, Sarah. Let us know if there are any questions. - Tyler

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

avoid Simple engery at all costs

I wish I had read these reviews before switching to this company. They promise at lot and deliver very little.my experience was they overcharged me $122.66 on my account when i queried they saif I hadnt paid by the due date, which i proved to them was wrong. So they creditted my account. I asked for a refund. 2 weeks later no refund. I call again...the operator says my refund didnt work??? anyway still no refund.
i'm so annoyed im moving gas to AGL. these people are dreadful to deal with.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Paul, thanks for letting us know. So I can check into this further can you please send over a message with your account number and phone number here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Kayzee Z.

Kayzee Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They keep taking my money but never resolve anything

paid THREE TIMES for this month for my electricity bill but it is not coming thru my account. I already send them an email but so far no necessary action was made. They keep asking for my details over and over again. I am so frustrated

Charged me 4th time more than my previous retailer

Please guys don’t go with simplyenergy as it charged me 4th time more than my previous retailer .please check carefully before you switch with simply energy, well as they never pay me back for my solar system

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

kirbyasked

How can I get in touch with a manager or someone with real power? My bill was due on the 5th of august. I paid it on the 31st of July, accidentally twice. Ive now recieved an email that I'm over due. Yet I've called 6 times, sent emails, and no one can find my payment and no one will give me a refund. I spoke to someone on chat and he said he will write its been paid yet ive recieved an overdue bill. 6 phone calls and no one can locate my payment.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi kirby, thanks for letting us know. I'd like to have a case manager look into this further and ensure it's sorted. Please send us a message on Facebook with your account number and phone number here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Adele
Adele

I am having the exact same problem too! I have paid twice on my electricity account and I have paid my gas bill too and they can't locate my payment. I am trying to resolve this matter now but this is really concerning why this has happened. The money is deducted from my bank account 2 weeks ago and still no payment applied to my bills. I used the app to make the payment which I now really regret because I now wonder how secure is it?

kirby

Took them 20 days to locate my payment. I did question how to pay next time. I was told the app should work next time. But I will not take the risk again. I personally will be using bpay as that way the bank can stop the transaction apparently. Make sure you call them so they look for it as you will recieve overdue bills!

Raymond

Raymondasked

Do real employees actually read and pay attention to the terrible reviews you are receiving? When is the app going to be fixed? 'Planned maintenance' does not take this long, I'd say 3 to 4 months ive been trying to get into my account. I've seen houses get built quicker than this. Can you please answer if you are fixing the app so people can actually log into their accounts or not? And don't ask for my details im not giving them.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Raymond, thanks for your enquiry. We're aware of an issue impacting the app showing an 'under maintenance' and are working on a fix as a matter of priority. Thanks, Tyler

Disappointedasked

Why did they change the app? The previous one was so user friendly and basic. I used to be able to go in at a glance and see what was due, what date it was due, what was owing, what was in credit now I can’t find any of that.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve. If you have more than one account linked to your user profile, you can toggle between accounts by visiting the Account Information screen in My Account module. You can select the account for which you want to view the information. If you need further assistance, please send us a message with your review and account details here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Disappointed

‘My account’ gives me basic info of account numbers and personal details only and tells me accounts are active. I can only view my gas account as the bill is new and still current and I cannot access any electricity usage or see if anything still owing or in credit. Sorry but it is just a terrible App update!

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi there, once you're in the 'My Account' section, click to go to the 'Account Infomation' section where you can toggle between each account. Please pass over a message with your account details so we can assist further: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Get an answer from our members and Simply Energy representatives