Listing monitored by Simply Energy

Topher

Gross incompetence

ServicesElectricity

Do Not Use Simply Energy

I used Simply Energy for roughly eight months and will never go back - bills were always exorbitant. I closed my account and paid my final bill on time; however, Simply conveniently "overlooked" this payment and, without contacting me again, referred my (fully paid) account to a debt collector. I will be filing a complaint with the Ombudsman.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Lachie, thanks for letting us know. So we can quickly get this sorted today, please message your account details on our Facebook page here: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.

Kimberley E.
Kimberley E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling estimates

I understand an external company do the meter reads and estimates, but I am appalled at the so called ‘estimates’ Simply Energy deem as appropriate. A quick search online will tell you the average household in Vic spends approx $1000 per year on gas. I’ve paid out well over $4500 over the past 12 months and Simply Energy are doing little to rectify in a timely manner. I am talking about a single person household also! Not impressed.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Kimberley, thanks for letting us know. So we can further review please PM us your review, account details and contact number on our Facebook: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Joaquin.

Dave H
Dave HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Borderline Illegal Business Practices

They increased my electricity kwh and daily usage rates, and didn't let me know. I noticed it after about 6 months and checked the contract which stated that they had to advise me of these changes on the next bill, which they hadn't done. I emailed them and asked for the previous bills to be revised, and then for the difference to be subtracted from my next bill. They refused to revise any of the bills and said I would have to pay interest on the pending bill (I refused to pay the latest bill until this issue was rectified). I changed energy providers to Kogan who are great, and who have better rates than Simply Energy anyway.

Simply E.Simply Energy

Hi Dave, thanks for letting us know. So we can further review please PM us your review, account details and contact number on our Facebook: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.

Jason
JasonHunter Region, NSW

Do not use Simply Energy

This company will send your bill late or not even send it so they can charge you late fees.
When you try to query the late fees you cannot even contact them.
Late fees just keep appearing on my bills.
DO NOT USE SIMPLY ENERGY

Kareena J.
Kareena J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely terrible company

I called Simply Energy in November 2021 to cancel my account prior to moving out of a property. After a 45 minute phone call I was reassured that this had been processed. 2 months later and I am still receiving bills for a property I no longer live in. After contacting simply energy on multiple occasions I have today been advised that my "request" will take 20 days to process. I am not making a request, I want to cancel my account for a property I no longer live in! Terrible service. Do not recommend using simply energy.

Simply E.Simply Energy

Hi Kareena, I'm sorry about the troubles. So we can further assist and quickly get this sorted, can you please PM us your review, account details and contact number on our Facebook: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.

MM_GG_MM
MM_GG_MMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pitiful

After to changing to a company with more competitive pricing, my final reading was estimated. Their estimate was significantly higher than what seemed reasonable. After checking my average usage and readings with the new provider (as well as the days leading up to my final billing period) I though it was unjustified and an oddly high amount.

I paid the amount (due to the "pay on time" discount) and opened a ticket to request a partial refund.
Basically in the end it came down to my estimate vs their estimate - but because I'm just a mere consumer vs a billion dollar company, obviously I'm wrong.

ServicesElectricity
Simply E.Simply Energy

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Dale DSydney, NSW

What customer service

We had gas provided to our apartment for over 3 years. The gas was good and moving with simply energy was easy. But now we need to cancel our account and it has the hardest process imaginable. I've been trying to cancel for almost a month and at this point I'm paying for the new Tennant's gas because of how slow useless this company is

ServicesGas
Dale D

If I could give 0 stars I would, They WILL over charge any chance they get!

SnooAdelaide

Banned for 5 years

I can't recommend this company.

Took them up on the 32% discounted RAA deal when they we're run in Australia. Had solar installed - took multiple calls over 4 months to organise a smart meter install - they finally came to the door & left without installing the meter. They're not familiar with AEMC rules & hamstrung by their partners (intellihub).
Gave them 3 chances to fix the situation & finally had to move on
Couldn't care less how cheap they are & now I've placed a ban on them for 5 years.

Snoo

I gave you 3 chances, and you failed 3 times.
I’m not sure you can do any more.

Simply Energy are scammers... price gouging and duplicating bllls

Brian M.
Brian M.

I don't seem to be able to look at my account details.... the site says" for security reasons" ..... can you correct this..Brian

Justine C.Sydney, NSW

Way overcharged on my electricity bill last quarter

Simply E.Simply Energy

Hi Justine, I'm sorry to hear that your bill is higher than expected. I'd be happy to investigate further, could you please send us a message on Facebook with your account details here: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.

Subedi R.
Subedi R.

One of worst service provider and never solving problem on time.

High charged and disconnection took almost 2 weeks. What a terrible it was to be with simply energy. I regret that what a horrible service provider I had chosen in.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Subedi, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be happy to review your experience further, feel free to send us a message on Facebook with your account details here: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.

Shane B.
Shane B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Failed credit check with a perfect credit report.

I was Refused service due to failed credit check, perfect credit report, I have proof. Refused to help resolve the issue. Told my only solution was to find someone else.

IveBeenConnedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless ripoffs

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi there, thanks for letting us know. Has this since been sorted, feel free to flick us a message on Facebook with your account details if you still need assistance: https://bit.ly/2WPLvq9. Thanks, Tyler.