1.4 from 1,002 reviews

STOP HARASSING ME ALL DAY

This company have cold called constantly for years. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR services and never will be. This is harassment and will be reported shortly. STOP bothering me.

Francis Huang

Francis Huang

STOP CALLING WITH RANDOM NUMBERS!

constantly calling with random numbers, tell them to stop, but they keep going! now the phone just rings and then hangs up after you pick up. two or three times a day.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Francis, thanks for reaching out. I can raise your feedback and prevent telemarketing related calls being made to you. So I can, send me over a message with your phone number here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

AmatureCamperSydney, NSW

Unprofessional and condescending attitude when I wanted to change service address

I submitted my request to change service address and got a call the next day. After I was Id'd with 5-6 questions, I was then asked to listen to a 15 minutes recording of their T&C's. As I had another appointment coming up soon, I requested that they email the T&C's to me but the CSO said they don't do that. After escalating my call to a supervisor, I was informed that it shouldn't take 15 minutes but significantly less, and he then transferred my call to another CSO on my request. My call got cut-off during the transfer and they rang me and asked to Id me again - what a joke! The first CSO was totally unprofessional and doesn't seem to care that she was talking to a customer who switched to Simply Energy 12 months ago.

AmatureCamper

1.4 star rating from 1,000 reviews. I rest my case.

Frn Gal

Frn GalSouth West, WA

Unprofessional Door Knockers asking me to lie to sign me up with Simply Energy

A Door Knocker gave a large speech re. giving me 40% off on my bills forever. Then I had to talk to a man who sounded like he was from the Middle East and get told my call is recorded unless I say no. I said no. But it was recorded anyway. The door knocker was telling me what to say and even told me to lie at one point. I was not allowed to use my own phone. I am attempting to cancel this tomorrow if I have any trouble I am going to our lawyer.

Annoyance

Calling me with their automated telemarketing calls and not being able to call them back makes me think theyre in India or somewhere. Get rid of the telemarketing had no power unreliable therefore

Simply Energy - excessive rates

We have gas and electricity connected with Simply Energy.
We have 6.5 kW of Solar Power.
Our electricity bills have risen over this year by $300 per month.
Our gas bill is around $400 per month and we only heat 4 rooms with a brand new 7 star heater running 18degC for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back

Vultures...

We had gas and electricity connection with simply energy for a brief period. We struggled a lot due to extremely high bills we received. We had a fire in our kitchen and fire brigade asked the company to turn off the supply and we did not stay in the house for a month later and we still received usage bills during that period. We struggled with fire to our house and still the company wants to add more misery by billing us for the gas we never used.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Jake, sorry to hear about the fire. So that this can be investigated further, please send through your account number and review here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Jayde

JaydeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Left without power for TWO DAYS!

Absolutely horrible!!! Was left with out power for TWO DAYS! With incompetent staff unable to give any answers. Turns out they had NEVER booked any job. STAY AWAY. I will be escalating the matter in hopes of some compensation. A simple switch resulting in lost wages and a TON of lost food, and NO answers.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Jayde, sorry to hear this. It sounds extremely frustrating and I'd like to ensure it's investigated further. Could you please send through a message with your account details and review here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Peter

Peter

Simply Energy pick up your game !

Our gas meter was leaking gas over longer period of time , after it was replaced we contacted the supplier for compensation . They told us we have to contact the retailer Simply Energy . They said we have to get it from the supplier { pass the bucket } . Supplier said it's the retailers responsibility , back to S.E. , who promised a claim form within 48 hours , waiting , waiting .. , BAD SERVICE !!

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I can chase this up for you. Could you send through a message with your account number, phone number and review here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Peter, private info is best kept secure. It's best to remove the account details and send it through securely here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. I'll keep a lookout there. Thanks, Tyler.

We are loyal customer for over 20 years and have always been given the best deals on discounts and no problems

We have regular electricity and solar panels on the roof.
Easy set up process and on time.
Hardly ever have black outs, which are caused from car accidents taking out poles or storm damage

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

We're thrilled to hear this, fortylove! Thanks for being our customers and leaving us a review. - Tyler.

bassieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible organisational and communication skills

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi bassie, I've replied to your private message to arrange a member of our team to reach you. Thanks, Tyler.

Unprofessional company

The call from the company offered me a low price gas and promised to send me the documents about the deal. The documents never reached us. When queried there was a casual answer it could have been lost in post

Subramanian M.
Subramanian M.
SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Thanks for your response, Subramanian. We believe in making sure our customers have a top customer experience. I've raised your feedback with our team as we're always looking for ways to improve. Thanks, Tyler.

Not happy Jan.

Not happy Jan.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BILL SHOCK

Received Gas bill shock when I received my latest gas bill. With all their incentives, and being away for 8 weeks during what I thought the normal billing period, and considering I receive my bill by email, and I didn't think I had missed any. I get home to a bill for $750.00, so what do I think, there has to be a mistake. Yes there was, after ringing them up I'm informed that they stuffed the calculations on the previous period, so without informing anyone, they just combined two periods together. No attachment, no email, just a little bit of, the only way you will find out, is if you ring us. Not great customer service.

Josephine

JosephineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

bad customer service and missing bill

simply energy gas and electricity gives high discounts but if did not pay on time, no discount. this is fair only if they sent the bill. the bill was not sent and i was slapped with reminder of full payment with no discount. i sent several emails to them but they did not care. noticed some other providers with much less discount percentage but their net bill less discount is better than simply energy. do not be fooled by huge discounts. compare net bill and choose provider with better rates even tho percentage discount is less.

Mumma of2Melbourne

Scammers

Tried to make us pay $162 for one month and they are not even our supplier and it didn't even have our name on the bill. Called up and the customer service consultant kept getting the reasoning twisted and wasn't able to keep up with his own word vomit. Once he realised how much he was contradicting himself and it didn't make sense we got it cleared ( not that we would of paid anyway).I wonder how many people get caught up in the same nonsense. Thankfully we have been with a much more honest company for years and that my partner used to work for an energy company so knew it didn't make sense. BE CAREFUL even if your arnt with them

Mumma of2

You were not/are not supplying the property...simply energy are just greedy

Danielle

DanielleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If I could have selected no stars, I would have!

If their call centre staff are any indication, stay far away from simply energy. I just received two aggressive cold calls from this company, I had to block their number

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Danielle, thanks for letting us know. I can prevent telemarketing calls being made to you and look into this further. Could you send me a private message with your phone number here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

claireobeythekitty

claireobeythekittyCentral, SA

Charged $197.00 because I owed simply energy 37 cents on my final account.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad bad bad

My mother queried her last gas bill which was over $900. She's never had to pay that amount before. All previous bills were $300 - $400. Rang them and got told that there was an extra month charges that's why the bill was higher. Tried to tell me that charging $500 MORE was for the extra 30days.???? Maybe a gas leak??? Nothing more they can do the bill is correct???? STAY AWAY!

Sanjna S.

Sanjna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad service

What is this ?? Bad service every time.. and they dont listen what you are saying ... like hate simple energy.. I am gonna change this to some other energy and gas

Too hard solar

Installed solar panels as an existing Simply Energy customer. Nothing went right with the account and I am still waiting to get any credits for the electricity I am supplying. Mind you, I have only made ten phone calls so far, so there is much more to go.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Ozzie, thanks for letting us know. I'd like to learn more about your specific experience and make sure this is sorted ASAP. Could you please send a message with your account details and review here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Thanks for confirming, Ozzie. Please send through the account details privately with reference to your review here: http://bit.ly/2Uog8fB. Thanks, Tyler.

Chris Uren

Chris Urenasked

Simply energy said when we get our first bill we will definitely see a decrees not an increes for sure it was not happy I'm going back to my last provider there a lot cheaper

PDIDDY
PDIDDY

I agree Chris!

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi Chris, thanks for reaching out. It's best to compare your invoice with the same period last year to take into account seasonal swings in your usage. Let's take a look into your invoice and make sure you're on the best offer with us. Please send me a private message with your account details and reference to this review on Facebook here: http://m.me/simplyenergy. Thanks, Tyler.

olga.kanterasked

Can you give me the number of solo panels I need to install by looking at my acc.? I am your client and how would my charges be adjusted after installation of solo? Thank you. Olga

SimplyEnergySimply Energy

Hi olga.kanter, thanks for getting in touch. It's great to hear you're looking to harness the power of the sun! The number of solar panels you’ll need will depend a few things such as your roof suitability and how much energy you'll want to generate. You can view the rate we'd credit you back for each kilowatt fed into the grid online here: http://bit.ly/2pJLwHD. If you'd like to chat further just pop us a message on Facebook here: http://m.me/simplyenergy. Thanks, Tyler.

olga.kanter

How much do charge to connect to the meter after installation of solar panels?

olga.kanter

Is my current plan- offer with you will be changed (rate p/kw, ? supply p/day ?) after the installation of solar?Please specify the changes. Thank you Olga

Reminiscent

Reminiscentasked

Son has been with Simply energy for gas and electricity for 7 months. He has had one gas bill a month or 2 ago, but still no electricity bill!!. Should he receive a significant discount for this delay when account is eventually sent?

Paul K
Paul K

Hi, has he contacted the company reminding to send him a bill? If so he could negotiate with them telling he will go to another company.

Get an answer from our members and Simply Energy representatives