2Sixt

3.1

Brad
BradSydney37 posts

Atrocious service

Terrible from pick up to drop off.

I wish I had spent a bit more money to rent a car from a more reputable company. Show details

Rhonda Peet
Rhonda Peet

Don’t use Sixt

Worst experience ever, the car was dirty inside and out and not what I ordered. When I asked for the car I ordered the guy was rude and dismissive and not happy when he saw me videoing all around the car. Just had a bad feeling from the start and didn’t want to be charged any extra. The car was a Mazda CX 5 and was quite obvious it wasn’t serviced regularly. When questioned about the extra $200 taken out was told that was a bond and would be returned in ten days, guess what we are still waiting. Stay away from this company Show details
Bryan H.
Bryan H.

No breakdown of repairs done

Worst experience with a car rental company ever. Family and I were on a holiday to Perth and got into a minor accident resulting in a tiniest crack on the bumper. Sixt immediately charged us a flat $500 with no breakdown of the repair cost at all. No response and information at all despite numerous emails to the claims department. Ridiculous. I’m so glad to have this experience as it reaffirms never to rent from them again.
BBGV
BBGV2 posts
ian r.
ian r.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Another rental car rip-off!

Hired a car at Melbourne Airport for 6 hours
got charged an extra $76.00 for Premium Location Charge
António N.
António N.

Hidden fees

Weeks after the first invoice they charge hidden administrative fees, without any explanation! Show details
Booking Process
Carol J.
Carol J.

ptaggs007
ptaggs007Perth, WA

Terrible experience

Worst car hire experience in my life!
Beware !! A third party damaged the car and owned up to the damage, paid for the damage directly back to Sixt, but still 12 weeks later the won’t release the $1000 bond, won’t respond to email or phone, it’s disgraceful to be honest .
I will keep trying to get my bond back but I think it will need to go to consumer affairs, nearly 32 emails and 20+ phone calls Show details
Jen T.
Jen T.

Disappointing claims department

My car was damaged by someone who rented a car from Sixt. After almost half a year later, I have still not been compensated for the damage. Both the driver who rented from Sixt and I have been calling and emailing the claims team but it seems like most of our emails and phone calls get ignored. If you ever hire from Sixt and need to reach out to them about a claim, it will most likely take forever and it may even be ignored. I feel like the Sixt claims department is more like a scam department.
Joyce C.
Joyce C.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Disappointed

What a disappointment SXT. Booked a van for my house move and they just changed my booking for the following day without notifying and put notes that they contacted me and i agreed. How ridiculous and frustrating when its 4pm and close time. You dont even deserve one star. Never will recommend or use
Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW5 posts

Booked vehicle not available and no alternative

I needed an 8 seater for a trip with grandkids to Noosa. Booked with Sixt at Newcastle Airport and even went out to them 5 days before rental to make sure vehicle suited. The man was very friendly and helpful and said don't worry it will be fine.arrived at the booked time and Scott, not the same man, said sorry we don't have an 8 seater available. I said we had an 8 seater booked so what will you do. He said it was up to us "try someone else" I went to Budget and they had a suitable vehicle which we had to wait over an hour because it hadn't been cleaned. The service at Budget was great Dora did everything to help us out and I would go back to them . Sixt disgraceful lack of care and very rude staff, expected better from an NRMA company. Show details
Ian Mc Namata
Ian Mc NamataGippsland, VIC2 posts

Great all round service

Had a great experience to start with, good rate good service. Show details
Mary
MaryCanberra 2600, ACT

Belzu
Belzu4 posts

Terrible experience

Terrible experience. After arriving into Sydney airport after extensive delays I had to walk from one terminal to the other as the desk was closed in the first. After finally arriving I was told to go and wait for the shuttle. 15 minutes later a van arrived. There were a lot of people waiting to go to the parking station and other hire companies. I got checked on the list and got into the van only to be told I needed to get out and wait for the next van. I waited for almost an hour for the next van to take me to the hire car for a 2 hour drive. Really terrible service will never book through this company again.
Tig
TigSouth East Queensland, QLD24 posts

Get some English speaking staff

Tried to book on line the web site would not accept an RACQ member booking with Ultimate Insurance protection. Rang Sixt. If you want to stay in business in get some staff that speak english. The accent of the chap was so strong we simply could not understand him, as to that we both have some hearing issues which made it even worse. Gave up and went to another company.

Xyz
Xyz

Did anyone else not get their bond back? Really confused as to how they operate. Both the money for the car hire and bond gets taken out of your account right away, return the car and the price of the car rental gets taken out again? Left my account in the negative over 1k ! They said the money got “released to them” once the car was returned yet that money left my account on day 1? They told me the bond gets “released” back to your account yet nothing on my bank statement when I check? Can anyone shed some light on this? I swear they took the payment twice and never gave me the bond back!!!

Geoffus
Geoffus

I have been waiting since November 2022, to have a question regarding my truck hire sorted out. From reading through the reviews, I should stop holding my breath. They obviously do not care. Message received.

Stephanie
Stephanie

I’ve been reading all the ‘bad’ reviews of Sixt on here and have noticed not one of them has been given an apology or explanation from a Sixt representative - this company should NOT be allowed to operate, I am genuinely surprised that it actually is.

Sixt
Sixt   DM

Hi, Thanks for your email,

I am sorry to hear about your situation, please provide your reservation number so we can look into this,

Thanks kindly,