SkyMesh

Unreliable Service and Non-existent Customer Support

26/03 - NBN service "accidentally" disconnected by Skymesh
27/03 - NBN is back online by the next day after calling the call centre
5/04 - NBN service is "accidentally" disconnected again
6/04 - 16/04 and beyond - this time the service is unable to be put back online. Almost daily phone calls to different Skymesh reps who claim the service will be back online the next day. However, the service never comes back online and we are never called to be told otherwise. It is clear the issues with the call centre is systemic given the amount of times/reps we've had issues with. It lacks accountability for solving issues and each rep doesn't do what they say they'll do (i.e. call you back or follow up with NBN) which adds to the frustration. Yes, understood there are 3rd parties involved in setting up a connection but ultimately Skymesh should be accountable and not require the customer to call daily before anything happens. In fact the last rep told me they "can't guarantee what other staff members will do" when I asked if I could be advised when an NBN tech would be coming, showing a lack of basic processes expected from such a company. Don't let the Australia based call centre fool you into thinking you are getting better service, as its certainly not the case. Much better service available elsewhere at even lower cost providers (even Exetel has better customer support).

Start DateJuly 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Just had Satellite NBN installed. The whole process was very smooth, good communication from Skymesh and internet works great. I was sent a new pre configurated router that was just plug and play and so far speeds have been up to 24mbit/s, so very good. Would recommend.

Start DateApril 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)

Very good service

Everything explained to us so we could understand the processes Kept in the know throughout. Very quick from first enquiry to installation. Neat work. Would definitely recommend skymesh. In fact have already. Well done

Happy with Service from SkyMesh

Being only new customer of SkyMesh, so far the service has been excellent. The installer was very polite and the installation of the dish was done quite quickly. It has proven to be a big improvement on the old system that we were using (we are on the fringe area of coverage). We have also requested that SkyMesh now take over our home landline phone to complete the package of home communications. Thank-you SkyMesh, so far so very good. So much happier to have the customer service phone centre based in Brisbane and not overseas (always was worried with personal security).

Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeCapped Data

Truly excellent and friendly service.

Our NBN satelite serviçe has been a delight after years of slow wireless broadband at our fringe area. The technical assistence has been excellent and speedy. The Sat service has been also excellent and I haven't experienced dropouts. Streaming movies means regular Netflix movie reception. I can genuinly recommend Skymesh as a provider.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

VCE Student failing due to poor internet service

Our VCE student is unable to access the internet service required by his school to study. We have Satellite nBn Sky Muster maximum plan and it is useless! It has been hacked into on two occasions and our 140gB used in a few days leaving us with nothing but the account to pay for. We have to drive to my sister's and he virtually has to live there to use her unlimited, speedy and reliable internet with iiNet.

watch out when leaving

been with them for 3 years wanted to upgrade my package so they started another service so i got billed twice for the same month now i have changed plans on contract to another provider and they are still billing me even though i have no service with them and they claiming that i am still connected but im not so make shore you tell them you are leaving even though it dose not say you have to when you sign up overall this has spoiled a good experience both my providers are billing me for the same month and both claim im connected with them which is all good for them i just have to pay

Start DateAugust 2016
Connection TypeWireless

Slogging me more than a month exit fee

These guys are unbelievable, they lose an Email contact form from me requesting closure of account. When I hear nothing for 2 weeks I try again and finally someone acknowledges my request but starts their 30 days notice from the 2nd date essentially costing me 2 weeks longer fees. When I bring it up they claim they cant find it so it's my problem. How rude are these people ?!?

Start DateJanuary 2014
Data TypeCapped Data

Skymesh NBN Wireless speeds unsatisfactory - cancelled in the first month.

Skymesh personnel are friendly and pleasant but phone waiting times are too long. As far as the service is concerned, they are defeated by NBNCo.

I was paying for 50/20Mb/sec speeds but even at the quietest times it's never achieved better than 24/1 (yes - upload speed less than 5% of what I was paying for).

I've now cancelled the account after 3 weeks of stuffing around - hours spent on troubleshooting and 2 mornings hanging around waiting for NBNCo techs who don't always turn up.

Skymesh NBN might be OK in your area but the product they have for me (NBN wireless) is fatally flawed.

Connection TypeWireless

problem with a chair and pilling on sofas.

Frank Martelli came to sort out a problem with a chair and pilling on sofas. He was great! He was efficient and did a great job, no mess, no fuss. Very helpful!

I currently have three services with Skymesh with two transferring to Superloop. I've had A class service from the team at Skymesh since my initial engagement. I endured two installs for NBN which was made much easier with the support of Skymesh. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Start DateNovember 2016
Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeCapped Data

Sold my contract without consent

This review is currently pending outcome based of a technical fault. I'm going to see how Superloop responds and if the fault is resolved swiftly or not. If not, I'll repost what I'd previously typed up while waiting on hold to faults. If the fault is resolved, I'll likely delete this review. Let's see how we go...

Start DateJanuary 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great

Very easy to connect to satellite nbn and works great so far. Customer service has been great and fast to answe questions and to get in contact, would recommend to friends and family.

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)
Hey Tony, thanks for taking the time to write your great review and thanks for our recommendation. We hope you're enjoying the service. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Ben

Certainly Recommend

Great customer service, we have only been on the service for 2 weeks, but have already recommended to others in our area as another provider could no longer service this area. Thanks so...... Much !!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hey Jane, Thanks for the great review. We're glad you've been enjoying the service already! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with - Thanks, Ben

Close as one can get to the tower still crap speeds

Would be within 400m of the tower, don't get maximum speed 25 megabit, do get dropouts probably a couple a day, takes over a day for them to call me back and when they do they ring once if I'm out they won't ring back so I have to go through the whole process again it's quite terrible... I've been with a few ISPs.

Connection TypeWireless
Hey Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Very sorry to hear about your dropouts. I would love to look into this for you. Would it be possible to confirm your ticket number with our support team? - Thanks, Ben

I have not had any drop outs, the service desk were extremely helpful. Dealings with the company and the installer were perfect.
So Far everything that was promised has been delivered up on.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hey Glenn, thanks for taking the time to write your great review. I'm glad to hear our team has delivered on the promises! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Ben

Pretty Good

I've been with Skymesh almost since inception (Over 15 years). Although they dropped off a bit when Paul Rees left / sold the company they are still "BUCKET-LOADS" better than the BIG Mobs like Telstra & Optus.

Data TypeCapped Data
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're glad to hear you're still enjoying your service. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Ben

Now called superloop internet

I had skymesh for nearly 2years and received unlimited netflix and standard evening speed for around $69 a month. Since they were bought out by superloop and the transfer has been complete they said my price will go up and in the last 2 weeks for at least 3+ nights a week i cant use the internet between the hours of 7pm-9:30/10pm. The only time i get to myself after the kids go to sleep i cant watch netflix or it will suddenly drop out and wont connect until past the prime time slot, which is bed time. Being a single mother i can not afford to be paying for internet that i can hardly use. We are not a 3rd world country, this is honestly unacceptable for australians. Ill be cancelling as soon as i find a great provider. Superloop are honestly the worst ive ever delt with.

Start DateApril 2017
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Bernie, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your internet since your service was moved over to Superloop. Just to clarify SkyMesh was not brought out by Superloop. Superloop purchased our fixed line clients only. They are an independent stand alone company. I would be more than happy to pass this feedback onto them for you alternatively please complete the attached form as I am sure they would like to respond to your concerns. Thanks Adele .https://www.superloop.com/contact.html

sudden loss of value

For the last ten years I have been with skymesh, and although there were glitches, it was nothing out og the ordinary. Part of the package included a web page snf so I created a webpage for My business, and every one who searched for My name found me no trouble, then I logged in to My website to update it for 2019 and the page had vanished. so now although I still pay the same fee, I get less value and they made no warning or apology about throwing My business into the garbage bin. I asked if they could a put a single line of code in redirecting TO a new site I have since set up but they responded after several week that they couldn't. So either their programmers are incompetent or they are simply liars who think they are dealing with idiots who don't know anything about computers. I am really angry about this. 10 years of spider activity all over the net is just gone like I never existed. My suggestion if you want to choose skymesh, is that you only use it for really unimportant things, as they may simply deleted functions without warning and leaving you in the lurch,

Start DateApril 2005
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Good service- very little outages

We have had Skymesh satellite NBN for about 4 years. Transferring to new location with an active NBN. 2 emails weeks in advance of move not answered for more than a week. Phone call - spoke to an Australian! Very helpful, sorted out the transfer, all set. Then email comes from someone else wanting proof of occupancy- apparently a legal issue- but how do you prove right to occupancy when. You haven’t moved in yet? Finally sorted with a few more phone calls, service up and running 2 days later.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Hey Hugh, thanks for taking the time to write your review. Glad to hear our team has been helpful and was able to assist in your transfer. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Ben

Hi I live in a rural area and need to change providers, is this 50 plan 50gb? how much is it per month

If I go over to SkyMesh can I take all my net and phone needs e.g. 2 Mobiles. NBN.? We have a landline we do not use its only there so we can use the nbn will this still be needed? Also we have netflix and foxtel what would we do so we can keep these to services? Regards Faye and Graham Bignall fayebignall@bigpond.com

We are with Harbor at the moment and the service is ok ,but reviewing our options were wondering what would be involved if we changed to sky mesh in a technical way?
I have fixed wireless now and was satellite , I could have used same router but was like six years old so got new one that has voice for phone calls if wanted . Got a revamp one for $90 but they are only $160 new. plans are not fixed . Netflix is metered but not included in data !!! Brilliant. I bought a better router but you could probably use existing one if you own it and if you ask them about it in tech phone call how to change it to skymesh. Fast and helpful and will price match ANY other provider if you see a better deal.

SkyMesh Mobile BroadbandNBN 12 (Basic Evening Speed)NBN 25 (Standard Evening Speed)NBN 50 (Standard Plus Evening Speed)NBN 100 (Standard Premium Evening Speed)
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Contact Number 1300 759 6371300 759 6371300 759 6371300 759 6371300 759 637
Address37 Baxter Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia37 Baxter Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia37 Baxter Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia37 Baxter Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia37 Baxter Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
Service TypeMobile BroadbandFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and Satellite
Packages AvailableStandaloneStandaloneStandaloneStandalone