Sleep Republic Double

Sleep Republic Double

Purchased a double mattress and love it!

Anyone who sleeps on the mattress always comments on the how comfortable and supportive it is. We recently had the grandparents stay for a few days and they commented on the support and what a great night's sleep they had.
The mattress is easy to unpack and still looks the same as the day I got it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Thank you Dee. Great to hear that the guests enjoy the mattress. SR Team

Excellent product, excellent service

The pillow in particular was a fantastic addition for my purchase. My sleep has markedly improved, I intend to purchase all beds/bedding from Sleep Republic in future. Customer service was outstanding - very prompt and responsive to my questions.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Helping you love bedtime is our purpose!

Very good so far.

Ordered this mattress on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.
Needed help to unpack and put on bed.
Had for three weeks now and am extremely pleased and surprised.
Sleep well at night and really didn't realise how bad my last mattress was!
Don't have any aches or pains now, which I thought were a normal ageing thing.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,000.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort No
Heat Retention No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you Suzley, we hope the mattress continues to give you a great sleep for many years to come. SR Team

This is actually a very good mattress

This is the first mattress I've had where you have NO back pain. I've been on it about 2 weeks now, but from the first night, it was excellent. When it came, I was a bit concerned that it was too firm, and when you lie on it, it doesn't have that overtly soft and comfortable feeling about it. but I sleep through the night with no tossing or turning, and often wake in the same position I was in when I went to sleep. It must be the foams, plus the zoned springs.

I have in the past suffered badly from nerve pain in my back, and pressure point soreness, and I'm getting neither from this mattress. It's on a hard slatted Ikea bed base (a Mandal bed, rigid slats).

This was a good risk to take, with the return guarantee thing. And as others say, the box containing it is very heavy. They've reinforced it with plywood, but if you need to pull it up any steps, I'd recommend having a removalist's trolley handy. And it is quite a bit heavier than a normal spring mattress in the same pricerange... I figure that means it holds the sheets in place better, but I'd hate to try and move it somewhere by myself. But it's a very good mattress, and I suspect it would suit most people.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thank you for your review Palerang, we are glad the mattress design is working for you. More than double the normal number of springs does add weight but the benefit of better support is a worthy one. SR Team

This was perfect

At the moment I can't comment on my sleep republic mattress because it just arrived today. However I was thrilled with the service I have received so far. I've had emails letting me know when to expect my parcel. I was lucky enough to get a free mattress protector and a lovely box of chocolates. They all came today, the delivery men were wonderful, the packaging was fantastic on it all but I was so impressed with the chocolate packaging cos it was in a foam box with an ice pack wrapped in a chux to keep the chocolates cool. I can't praise sleep republic enough and I'm looking forward to trying out the mattress tonight. I very happy customer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Lou, so glad you liked the chocolates, hope you love the mattress too! SR TeamLoving it so far, so it hats a very good and positive sign. Thanks

very happy

I bought this mattress for my 12 year old daughter. She's very happy with it. The only problem is whenever I lie down beside her, I fall asleep...it is SO divine !!! Hard to explain why - I feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud but perfectly supported. Give it a try.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi there, thank you for your review. Hopefully your daughter doesn't mind sharing her bed! :) Glad you're both enjoying it. Happy sleeping. SR

real review- 3 weeks in

Ok, I have been sleeping on a sleep republic mattress for 3 weeks, bought after reading reviews here.They only have 1 mattress option.

- Order and delivery was easy
- "unboxing" ok- the cutting tool broke half way through but I carefully used a box cutter with no dramas
- the mattress "unrolls" with great force, knocking me backwards and into a wall! I was fine.
- ITS TOO SOFT!!!!!! I have been hoping I will get used to it, but its really soft. If you life any firmness in a mattress be aware of this. Its really soft. It has a pillow top type arrangement, I am actually considering flipping it over so it is upside down- getting rid of the pillow top and trying it this way.
- Its hot, there is no other way to say it- its much warmer than my old mattress.
- There was a smell- it lasted approx 1 week- it has now dissipated.

I am really loath to return this. It has a 100 day return policy. I don't want to keep looking at mattresses, I don't want any more muck around. Life is busy enough. Tomorrow I am going to swap with my 11 year old son (both beds are double size) and see if I like his mattress and he likes this one... but I can't sleep on it. It is just not firm enough, and if I had tried it in a shop I would have known that within 2 min.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are sorry you find the mattress not to your firmness preference. We stand by our 100 night comfort guarantee for this very reason and if you wish to return the mattress, we can gladly arrange that for you with the minimum inconvenience. We don’t have showrooms because trying a mattress out in a showroom is not always the best indicator of how a mattress feels to sleep on. In our 10+ years experience working in the mattress industry, we have learned that it actually takes sleeping on the mattress for a few nights to determine whether the mattress works for the customer long term. Most retailers, while offering a comfort guarantee, will only exchange the mattress but not refund the purchase. We hope this helps, and if you have any questions or wish to return the mattress, please do not hesitate to contact us. -SR

A life saver!

I purchased this mattress a few months ago and could not be happier. I suffer from knee pain at night and I find the quality of the mattress makes a big difference. Since purchasing this mattress I have been pain free. The Sleep Republic mattress is so comfortable but simultaneously gives me the support I require to prevent the pain in my knee. I like a very soft top but once I put my mattress topper on top I have the best of both worlds! Delivery and communication were both exemplary.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Bernadette, That's so good to hear! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback. We're so glad you love the mattress and had a good customer experience. Enjoy your sleeps. :) -SR

Gamble that payed off

This mattress is definitely different to what I'm used to - that said, I'm shocked something at this price point can compete with comfort levels of vastly more expensive products. The 'no questions asked' return policy sold me, no doubt about it. I ordered a double for myself and my partner - we are very happy with it. We put the mattress on an old, spring supported frame (antique), which lacks support of any mattress. What we found is this will sag if you don't properly support it - that is, just make sure you have solid slats or a flat base. In our case, we have two large solid wooden boards underneath each of us and it makes it solid. This would be the case with any mattress, so I don't hold it against it at all. So, yes, we are happy and again at this price point it really is a seriously worthy candidate for your money. The memory foam is wonderful to lie on - although a little warmer than other mattresses, it's not too warm (even in our un-air-conditioned flat). How this mattress arrives is very impressive and innovative. It's astonishing that such an excellent products is compressed down to such a tiny and easy to manipulate box on wheels.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi, thanks for your comments and feedback. We are biased but we designed our mattress to be equal to and better than considerably more expensive alternatives. Happy sleeping! SR

Exceeds Expectation!

I bought my young daughter a double mattress & was nervous but from these reviews decided to go ahead. What an amazing mattress! It is exactly as described on the website! We are considering changing all other mattresses in our house with a Sleep Republic one now. I had an extra request which Sean went out of his way to fulfil as well. Great mattress at a good price with excellent customer service!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Don't know how it could be better - everythin exactly as they offer

WA we are often overlooked but free delivery in 4,days was fantastic start. The unwrapping is totall amazing but just in a short time it is good for use
I have used for two weeks and I find it just perfect exactly as they have said not too soft and not too hard I really find I want to get to bed early now days! I work heavy job and my body is thanking me for this investment.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

it is like a luxury hotel mattress!

My best furniture purchase! Jolly comfortable I have had it resting on the floor before purchasing the base but stll it was so good and now even better with base. simplicity to set up and from the first moment even you can sleep on it. I cannot fully describe but it feels like a very expensive mattress from a six star hotel somewhere. Also they have given complementary pillows additionally to the free delivery. i completely recommend this product to sleep like you are in luxury each night.

Thanks Ravi, I'm only sorry we can't do room service for you!