Sleep Republic King

Sleep Republic King

It was fun to unpack and watch it grow

We bought King Size mattress
It was fun to unpack and watch it grow
Cashmere Knitted Fabric top layer is like the $7,000 mattresses you see in the bed shops.
The product finish is just beautiful and so luxurious like the expensive hotels.
My partner and myself sleep very hot, we haven’t found this bed to be hot at all.
We wanted a bed with springs this mattress has a whopping 2250 springs
The customer service is brilliant with great communication.
If you are looking to buy a new Mattress
I would recommend you give this mattress a go with the 100 night trial you can’t go wrong.
The customer service was excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,399.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort No
Heat Retention No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation Liane!

Brilliant service but mattress didn't suit - too soft

I would like to give this company 5 stars because the service was absolutely amazing, responsive, easy refund and no-fuss. But the mattress didn't suit us. The good things: mattress seems to be great quality, lovely fabric, NO smell, no partner disturbance, easy to get out of box etc (we bought the King size). The not so good things (for us): the mattress was too soft, not supportive enough and on the 'hot' side. It's one of those mattresses that you sort of sink into on top. We prefer to sleep on top of a mattress rather than have that sink-in feeling. My back was aching after a week of sleeping on the mattress. That being said, it has a similar feel to many many other pocket sprung medium/firm mattresses that you can buy at the big stores which are typically at a FAR higher price (plus you have to put up with all the nonsense that the salesperson spins). I'm torn about whether we would ever purchase a mattress in a box/online again without first trying. If we had tried this in a store and had the option to compare it side by side with a couple of other mattresses at the same time we would have known straight away it wasn't for us and that we preferred something firmer (or at least, without that 'sink-in' feeling). However, the advantages of buying online are that you don't get any of that unbearable mattress industry nonsense or have to deal with the ridiculously inflated prices or "half/price" / "all sizes for the price of a single" nonsense sales. (Do people actually fall for that?). Anyway.. back to the sleep republic mattress: it's great quality and if you like that sink in feeling but relatively medium/firm-ish support underneath then I recommend giving it a try. Thanks Sleep Republic for being so easy to deal with.. it would be great if you added a pillow top 'firm' version to your offerings; we would definitely buy it!

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,399.00.

Adjustment PeriodDays
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Thank you for your feedback and comprehensive review. Naturally we are sorry the mattress firmness not suited for you but pleased that the quality, service and return process met your expectations. We hope you have now found your ideal firmness. SR Team

Great Mattress!!

I brought a king mattress with a base and I'm sleeping better than ever! My wife has back problems and is waking up for the first time in years without any pain!! I already have and will continue to recommend Sleep Republic to anyone looking for a new mattress!! Thanks guys!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks Lawrence, we appreciate the recommendations and are happy that the mattress is working well for you both. SR Team

the term Sleeping on a cloud never made much sense to me till my first night sleep on a Sleep Republ

Must say, this is the first time I've ever given a review for any product. however it was just something I had to do purely due to the fact we live in a time where quality customer service is so hard to come by.

Tom and Sean at Sleep Republic first class, there commitment to there customers where clearly obvious. patient with our 101 questions ( it's a Mattress in a box right, naturally we had heaps of questions lol) attentive and informative, these guys know bedding. big shout out to you guys Thank you!!

Took me some time to convince my wife to try this new mattress in a box idea but with the Sleep Republic 100 nights money back commitment this made making the switch pretty easy and she LOVES IT!! its not every day you can tell your wife I told you so...

We Purchased our 1st King Sleep Republic Mattress at least two years ago now, every time I jump into bed it's like the 1st night all over again, Quality is amazing, premium at the highest standard. Brilliant!

In the last two years we've purchased another two Sleep Republic Mattresses, the common conversations around the breakfast table when friends and family stay over is all about the the mattress.

Since we have also we've purchased another Mattress for my inlaws, elderly couple with constant back issues that seem have resolved them selfs now lol..

we've recommended Sleep Republic to at least 5 others who have since purchased and the results and feed back are nothing less the amazing.

Product 10/10
Customer Service 10/10
Delivery 10/10
Durability 10/10

Thank you Sleep Republic we're customers for life, so easy didn't have to spend my whole weekends at bedding stores :)

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Thanks for a great recommendation Soner and for the service feedback. We're honoured that you chose us for your first product review! SR Team

Sagging/back pain after 10 months

We purchased a King sized mattress, and experienced no hassles with the ordering and delivery process. However after sleeping on it for nine months it has gone saggy. There are visible divots in the top where my partner and I sleep that get more pronounced if we don't rotate the mattress once a fortnight. As a 60kg woman and a 85kg man, I don't feel that our size is a contributing factor. We are both experiencing back pain as a result of the mattress sagging. At first I thought that maybe my back pain was the result of spending more time at a new desk job, but after sleeping in a different bed for a week with zero back pain, it's definitely the mattress causing the problem. Considering this mattress cost $1400 I had expectations that it'd last us for a few years at least before needing replacement but it appears that's not the case. I'm disappointed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the mattress and would welcome the opportunity to address these for you if you can contact us. All mattresses have excessive body impression and sagging covered under our warranty. SR TeamHi Lou we have been trying to contact you to ensure you are enjoying the replacement mattress we delivered on 29 November. Any feedback would be appreciated. SR Team

Mattress in a box

I was very wary about buying a mattress in a box. I read lots of reviews and finally chose sleep republic.
I must say the ordering process and delivery were first class.
The box was a bit beat up which caused me some concern but the mattress was fine. It unfolded in a few hours and looked immaculate and well built. I thought the wife wouldn't like it as she prefers a softer mattress and I prefer a little firmer one. She thinks it's great as do I!
It's soft yet firm which was a bit of a suprise. We are both now sleeping well on this.
We got some free bamboo sheets which are great!
I will be buying another shortly for my daughter.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your kind feedback Willyeckerslike. We hope you and your partner enjoy the mattress for years to come! SR Team

Sleeping Excellence

I'd like to note that I'm a bit of a nerd so before making a purchase I like to dig as deep as possible into the ins and outs of the products industry and make my decision from others and my own experiences rather than what a salesman tells me irrespectively.

Experience:

Ordered the King on Tuesday evening arrived in Brisbane Wednesday morning free delivery a plus. Although unexpectedly fast it was a welcome surprise as I've just moved into a tri-level apartment and an inflatable wasn't cutting it. Having my bedroom on the 3rd floor there was no way physically getting a king bed up the tight corners so the bed in a box idea for me was well received. So the mattress arrived at my door first off is this box is heavy! It's tightly packed but you will need a hand getting up a flight of stairs but on the flats the inbuilt wheels helped. So mattress in room, removed from box, opened the vacuum seal with the opener provided and voila! The bed expanded like a transformer and began to decompress; left it for the afternoon and was ready by evening.

So from experience to product itself, bed feels beautiful to the touch being knitted cashmere. The design for me was well thought out and tasteful, from the embolden motto on the facade "Where Dreams Are Made", a well placed side tag in navy with raised white lettering "SR" for me echoes quality that I felt in my first nights sleep.

So the mattress itself, you feel the initial softness which is amazing then underneath supportive pocket springs which provide backbone. For me the firmness is just right about 6.5-7/10 think medium rare, soft with substance and plenty of it.

Lying down I had no points of body tension where I typically do sleeping on a traditional mattress, namely my lumbar-sacral region (vertebral disc issue) and shoulders. The mattress contoured to my body yet didn't give me that sinking sand feeling that I was afraid of with other foam/latex composites. Partner wise no disturbances which was a quality feature so no waking each other up with tossing and turning or midnight mictruition run.

I'm happy my bodies happy and it beat the 3.5k mattress I was going to buy at sleepmaker out of the park so two thumbs up from me. :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you Derek for taking the time to share your review. It is always great to hear our customers loving bedtime, and saving money into the bargain!

Great Mattress :)

I did quite a bit of research before taking the plunge to buy a 'bed in a box' mattress. As we wanted pocket springs, it came down to Sleep Republic and Sleeping Duck. After realizing that Sleeping Duck pay for their reviews (hence why there's over 1000) and seeing what one of their mattresses looks like after a couple months of use, we decided to go for Sleep Republic.

In a nutshell, it really is a great mattress. It is a bit firmer than I was used to, but it has a great pillow top and as soon as my wife started sleeping on it she noticed a lot better nights sleep and less back pain. I was a bit more skeptical at first, but can now say it's a pleasure to get into bed every night. The 90 day money back guarantee was also fantastic and offered peace of mind while we tested it out.

Delivery was very quick, however as others have mentioned the mattress is heavy, so unboxing is a two person job! But I'd prefer a heavy pocket spring mattress over a light piece of foam any day and unboxing isn't hard if there's two of you.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for the review Callum, to help you love bedtime that's our driving purpose! SR team

10mths in.. getting a sagging feeling

Overall. I have to say the experience was very easy. Delivery and product was exactly as described. Soft but firm and generally comfortable.
We've had ours since February this year (2017) and I feel like the sides are really starting to sag. When you wake up and sit in edge, it really sinks. And I'm questioning what it will be like moving forward. Once you're on an settled it's fine. But given we're ten months in.. it is what it is.. I suppose. As a couple. I'm 70kg and my wife is 60. We're not big people so I had expected more sadly.

Comfortable and easy but I'm worried that I'll be replacing it at some point soon.
Maybe it's just ours? Can't fault the service though.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi D. Thank you for your feedback, it's good that you find the mattress comfortable however we are concerned to see your comments regarding the edges. No mattress should have any sag especially after such a short time and we have separately reached out to you to identify and resolve any fault, and replace if necessary. SR TeamThanks guys. Have replied this afternoonI wanted to update this post. Without hesitation Sean and the team arranged for the matter to be sorted out asap. We've worked it out and honestly. Their customer interaction and aftercare is 2nd to none.

Love my mattress!!!

I was a little unsure about buying a mattress in a box. I had read loads and loads of reviews and mainly forum posts and decide to give the Sleep Republic mattress a go since I had read there had been no problems getting a refund if I wasn't happy. I had gone into Snooze before my research of mattresses to see what type of bed I liked. After trying quite a few mattresses and doing the mattress test on the computer I realised I liked a firm-medium mattress. I was a little worried about the Sleep Republic bed being too soft for my liking and was initially tossing up between the Sleeping Duck and Sleep Republic. I had gone into a store in Sydney to try out the Sleeping Duck. That was comfortable,I preferred the medium side over the firm side, but I didn't really like how you can unzip the layers and take the bits and pieces out, plus I had read the different foams were thicker in the Sleep Republic and better quality. I ordered online and it was delivered the very next day, which was great. Initial thoughts were that, the quality seemed good and cashmere was nice soft. I do think the bed is on the firmer side of medium, when comparing to other beds in Snooze, but it is definitely comfortable. The pocket springs do really make difference such that when my husband moves I really don't feel it. My husband and I are sleeping so much better and we didn't realise how much were were waking up before having the Sleep Republic. Also, I feel the bed is also very supportive. It's been about a month since our purchase and we have been very happy, so much so we have also bought a king single for my son who also love his bed!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Jane, thank you for such a detailed review! This will be very helpful to future customers, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We're so happy to hear you're enjoying the mattress and sleeping better. Happy sleeping!

Love our Sleep Republic mattress

We are in love with our new bed! It took a bit of convincing for my husband to get his head around buying a bed in a box, but we are sold and will happily (and have) recommended it to anyone. It’s like the mattress hugs each curve of your body without being too hard or too soft. It’s a race to get into bed each night because it’s just so comfortable. Thank you for creating such an amazing bed!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Thank you for your very kind review, we are glad you are so persuasive with your husband!

Used for a year now

We have been pretty happy with our sleep republic king size mattress and been using it for around a year. It is so comfortable to lie on - much nicer than our old mattress. The mattress was delivered very quickly (though box was beaten up and it literally had to be dragged around it was so heavy). The price was great for the quality that you receive.

The only issues that I have that make it less than 5 stars for me:

First, the weight - if we move house, I am not even sure how we will get the mattress out it is that heavy. Much more than a normal spring mattress.

And the second issue is how hot the bed can get. I have never used memory foam or similar materials and was surprised at how hot the bed can get through the night. I think after a year of sleeping in it, I have grown accustomed to it and am used to overheating but it was not pleasant for a few months there - I would wake up sweating. Some people might love that though!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Claire thank you for taking time to review and provide feedback. Our pocket spring core having double the number of springs does weigh more than a standard core but we believe the comfort benefit makes it worthwhile. Some people do find foams warm to sleep on and take some adjusting, we hope it is working out for you now. SR Team

Fantastic Service and just a superior product

We arrived in Melbourne from NZ and needed to get mattresses for our entire family. As an experiment we bought mattresses from a very popular bed in a box supplier and also Sleep Republic. The other brand was good to deal with but the mattress itself was only average. In fact over a period of about 2 weeks we had 3 different relatives stay and test both beds and the verdict was 100% for sleep republic. The springs make a difference. The other mattress company fulfilled their 100 day return promise admirably but it was an easy choice. Further we had a slight issue with the Sleep Republic mattress which may well have been our fault or at least partially caused by us, but the company was incredibly supportive and responsive - resolving the issue same day with another brand new king mattress. So - if you're deciding between the 101 different mattress in a box suppliers either just go with Sleep Republic or do what we did and pit them head to head with your alternative choice - I bet you they'll win anyway. Happy sleeping!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Thanks for your feedback and recommendation Dan, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know your experience. As one would expect, like you we believe our mattress will compare favourably to others but we also believe a high quality product needs high quality service. The test of that is when those occasional 'hiccups' are resolved with no fuss or inconvenience. Enjoy your bedtime! SR Team

Defective handle

Mattress literally just arrived. Once the handle goes, you're going to have trouble. The handle broke from the box before I even got it in the front door. The box looks rather beaten up and the handle installation seems quite vulnerable, as it relies on the integrity of the cardboard encasing the mattress to retain the plywood panel to which the handle is attached. I'm sure the mattress is going to be fabulous, but at this point it is lying in the hallway and being dragged by inches along it :-) Will post more as it unfolds - pun intended.

On the plus side, their service is excellent and the communication likewise. Only ordered this two days ago for delivery to regional Victoria. Well done. One star deducted for box condition and failure of handle.

Graeme

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Graeme, We're very sorry to hear about the defective handle, we hope it didn't cause you too much trouble. We're glad to hear you are happy with our service and communication and look forward to hearing how you're enjoying the mattress. -SR TeamIt's hard to believe that a mattress with springs could be delivered so compactly and yet bounce back to be so supportive. Very nice! The failure of the carrying handle made things difficult but not impossible. Being a king mattress it was certainly heavy. After five nights on the mattress, we're impressed. I should first mention that we have used a topper for several years on the previous mattress - a firm mattress - and continue to use a topper on the Sleep Republic mattress. (We have not tried the SR mattress without a topper.) The previous mattress was so firm that we derived little benefit from the topper (which is why the mattress has been replaced). The combination of topper and SR mattress is excellent. We feel well supported and VERY comfortable. I used to frequently wake with sore hips and shoulders, but so far I am pain free. We are both edge sleepers and have no issues whatsoever with edge sleeping on this mattress. At this point I am happy to recommend the Sleep Republic mattress. The 100 night comfort guarantee made the decision to purchase very easy. GraemeThanks for the recommendation Graeme, we are thrilled that the mattress is giving you the comfort and support you need. SR Team

Amazing sleep!

New bed for almost a week now and all I can say is that it's been great! No more lower back pain. Friends who have come over and tested it have said its great too! Was a bit on the heavy side (came with a handle and wheels to move) but it makes sense - has both coils and foam so you get the best of both worlds. Worth the extra money from other beds in a box.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Geoffrey thanks for taking time to give feedback, we are happy that the mattress is doing the job for you. The 2,250 individual springs (King) compared to around 1,000 in a standard mattress are well worth the difference we think! SR Team

BUY THIS MATTRESS ! Forget the all the cheaper foam ones !

My wife an I are in LOVE with our king size mattress. There are loads of the cheaper all foam mattresses on the market so well trialed one of the well know brands for over 2 months. There is absolutely no comparison with a pocket spring and double foam layer. Spend a little more and and buy a Sleep Republic mattress. It only took one sleep to realise the difference. You will not regret it ! Fantastic product !

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Thanks Adam, our mattresses do their best work in a loving home! We are of course pocket spring biased too so really agree with your comments. SR Team

Exactly what they promise.

I was so skeptical buying a mattress online. But knowing that I can return it if I'm not happy made it much easier for me to decide. I was looking at mattresses around $5000 in stores with no return policy. I can not get over how such a big supportive mattress fits into a small box.
Customer Service is excellent. Mattress is excellent. I am so glad I tried it out and will be recommending sleep republic to everyone. No regrets what so ever.
Best investment I've made in a long time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Thanks Sam! We appreciate your feedback and review. Like you, we never cease to get a buzz out of seeing a mattress 'magically' grow out of the box! SR Team

Thank you Sleep Republic!

As I suffer from chronic pain, finding the right mattress has always been a chore. I had a motor cycle accident at 17 and for the last 42 years have been dealing with compressed vertebrae in my neck and a shattered shoulder socket that had healed as best it could. Two years ago I finally had to have surgery for my neck as my spinal cord was badly squashed (think skinny kidney bean) and I now have 5 levels fused in my neck. Unfortunately however, I still have pain. Different pain but if anything, more constant. That, plus my ongoing shoulder pain, sometimes has me feeling a bit hopeless. Anyway, to cut to the chase, I tried 2 other major 'mattress in a box' companies and although there was nothing ostensibly wrong with the mattresses, I ached and slept badly. So back they went. Lastly I tried the Sleep Republic mattress and am at last sleeping comfortably. I guess it's because of the added spring system (whereas the others were various types of foam). So thank you Sleep Republic; it's a great product and a brilliant price. To think I paid over $3000 over 20 years ago for one of the big brands. Oh, and their service is top notch too. Gold stars all 'round.
#sleeprepublic

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Thank you for your feedback and review Dee. We know how debilitating back pain can be and to hear that the mattress has helped reduce that is extremely rewarding for us. SR team.

Completely changed my quality of sleep!

My family has been using the Sleep Republic mattress for the past six months, and it has drastically improved our quality of sleep, even when our toddler climbs into bed with us in the middle of the night! It's just the right amount of firmness that I don't even feel my partner move when he has to wake up earlier in the mornings. The set up was super easy, and the customer service has been exceptional. I just wish we would have gotten one sooner!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Tessa, thank you for your great feedback and review. Yes the 'low toddler disturbance' feature is a well understood and necessary benefit to all parents! SR team.

Better than $5K mattress

I tried Sleep Republic mattress based on positive review on this website. Turned out it was as good as what everyone said. My wife and I have different preferences when it come to firm/soft level of the mattress but we both can agree on Sleep Republic mattress being just right for both of us. It is also keeping the temperature right since it is not latex. All in all it is better than our previous $5K mattress and we never look back.
We bought the King size mattress and it is VERY HEAVY! Make sure you have someone to assist since it is not something you can handle yourself if you are taking it up through a staircase.

The only concern we have was the third party courier engaged by them to do the delivery, the operator just lied about having picked up the mattress for delivery and attempted the delivery when they have not done so. The second operator actually have to pick up the mattress for delivery from the warehouse after we escalated it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Thanks for your kind review Gani. We are happy that the mattress suits both of you and is showing that a well designed mattress like Sleep Republic is far more comfortable than many expensive store bough alternatives. Sorry that the delivery required escalation, our service expectations clearly weren't met on this occasion. SR