Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (179)
    • Back (59)
    • Front (25)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (192)
    • Weeks (33)
    • I never got used to it! (6)
    • Months (4)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (62%) · No (38%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (8%) · No (92%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (21%) · No (79%)
  • Sagging Yes (4%) · No (96%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Very Hard (2)
Kylie Tipping

Kylie TippingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Mattress

The mattress is extremely supportive and very comfortable. I suffer from low back pain and since purchasing, I no longer wake with a sore back each morning.
Two months in, there has been no change in the mattress shape.

Michelle Hungerford

Michelle HungerfordMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Our first Sleeping Duck mattress

So comfortable and supportive. This mattress is great quality and excellent value for money. I'm an insomniac and since the Duck arrived I've been sleeping much better. We will do the Duck again in future.

Purchased in February 2020 for $1,500.00.

Liz D.

Liz D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Mattress

When we first got it i wasnt sure how good a mattress rolled up in a box would be. We got the firm mattress which is great for us, wouldn't want to go any softer than that. (would even like it a little firmer to be honest). I have some lower back pain that was just awful when getting up in the morning with our old mattress, sleeping on the duck seems to have greatly improved that pain. We have only had it for approx 6 weeks and so far so good. No sagging as of yet, I am interested to see how long it lasts. Great customer service. Would definately recommend this mattress although it does take a few weeks to break in and get used to so stick with it if at first your not sure about it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Sleeping duck for $1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Kay Szonert

Kay SzonertGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a great bed and I tell all my friends about it

I have osteoarthritis and lower back pain but since sleeping on this bed I have a good nights sleep which has improved my wellbeing
I am very impressed and would definitely recommend it
I have the base and mattress which was very easily assembled with two people
It took less than an hour to have it up and ready to go
I slept on it the next night as per instructions

Perceived Firmness Soft
Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Best bed I have ever had!!!

I found the Sleeping Duck foam is not hot at all like other memory foams. The same goes for the pillows. A very happy purchase. I have been recommending this to all my mates and co-workers.

KMR

KMRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely impressed by Sleeping Duck

We love our new mattress. It’s so comfortable. We’d been advised that firm was best for us and it’s perfect. It feels slightly softer than a standard firm mattress but gives you all the support you need with a nice cushioning effect. And the advice, service and after sales commitment from Sleeping Duck has restored our faith in business. Honestly we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I have recommended them to all our friends!

Carmen Bruzzano

Carmen BruzzanoSydney, NSW

This is perfect, I don’t wake up with aching back anymore

The mattress is very comfortable, mine and my husbands backs feel much better. I don’t feel my husband’s movements as before. I think the mattress is durable and keeping shape.

Purchased in February 2020 at On line sleeping Duck.

Perceived Firmness Medium

Very happy with the mattress

I’ve a bad lower back... it helps, but my back is a worry no matter what mattress I have. Not sure really whether firm is the best for me....perhaps I do need a bit more give in my mattress

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,349.00.

Heat Retention Yes

Paul

Paul

Each night my back is stretched and pain free in the morning.

The mattress feels like many others. The big issue is there is no sag , just really strong support for the heavier areas. I sleep straight with suppleness. Whilst on work, away from my Sleeping Duck my back pains return.

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm compares to other Mattresses

Very satisfying process and never slept better!

Whole process was a dream and now never dreaming better....thank you for your high level of customer service and support. It’s been a fantastic experience and with our experience I would certainly recommend sleeping duck.

Purchased in December 2019.

spike0108

spike0108Sydney

We love the Duck

Purchased in November 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Heat Retention Yes
Ngoc Dang

Ngoc Dang

Worth it!

My experience with Sleeping Duck has been extremely positive. The communication has been prompt and professional. The mattress itself is super comfortable and just the right firmness. My partner and I haven't had any sleepless nights since getting the mattress.

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,599.00.

Very comfortable

A very comfortable and supportive mattress. Ordering and delivery is simple and fast. In fact the mattress was out of stock but came much earlier than expected. So simple to set up. And being able to return if you are not happy is a great way to try it out. We will keep ours!

So Comfy !

Have had this mattress for about 8 weeks and loved it right from the first night, still loving now. I used to get up in the morning with aching lower back but I haven't experienced any of this since sleeping on the Sleeping Duck. We also purchased the pillows and will probably have to get another as mine has mysteriously made its way to another bedroom in the house.
I totally recommend this bed, and pillow. The peace of mind knowing you can return it if you're not happy is a comfort as I have had the experience of purchasing a bad mattress.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Freeflyingcameraman

FreeflyingcameramanSydney, NSW

Best + Even BETTER aftercare 4 years later!!

Purchased in November 2015 at Sleeping Duck.

Karl G.

Karl G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Glad I found Sleeping Duck

Will keep this brief.. Excellent customer service and product!
After trying 3 different premium mattresses and some being more expensive than SD, we finally settled for SD. Initially we ordered the firm option which was good but not firm enough for us and SD gladly sent us the Super Firm inserts. I wonder why SD does not have the option of choosing Super Firm option while placing the order.

The process of requesting the super firm option was smooth and was delivered in a few days (3 or 4 days) couldnt ask for more.

We are now used to the mattress and look forward going to bed. Please note this has not improved my sleeping pattern or my back aches but thats just me (always had problems) but it definately is comfortable.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,599.00.

Anne Stephens

Anne StephensNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Sleeping Duck brilliant design and comfort

Sleeping duck brilliant design and comfort. Simple to order, delivered as described, base and mattress, set up easy and so good to sleep on. And it looks contemporary. We love it.

Johnno

JohnnoSouthwest, VIC

Try one!

After researching your product I thought “why not”.Glad I did.
The medium version seemed a bit soft and was a bit warm to
sleep on.Although it was past the 100 days you sent me firm
foam inserts at no cost to me.Great Customer Service!
Problems solved.Great value for money for sure.I enthusiastically
recommend these to anyone.Cheers,Johnno.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,349.00.

Drewe T

Drewe TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best mattress I've owned.

Great mattress. Really happy with the firm in a Queen. Supportive without being too hard.
As a mostly back sleeper I don't suffer when turning onto the side or stomach.
Been using for about 6 weeks. So far so good.

Purchased in January 2020 at https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/ for $2,000.00.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

So glad I listened to my sister when she recommended her Sleeping Duck. I've loved it from the first night.

I ordered the firm mattress as I have a lower back problem. This mattress is exactly that, firm but not hard. I've found it supportive but also giving enough to be comfortable.
The mattress doesn't seem to hollow out like my last latex mattress and that one was almost twice the price.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Ann

Annasked

Firm King Single

Can you use a Woolen underlay with the matress

JasB
JasB

Hi Ann. I don’t see why not. We had a mattress comforter to make our previous tempur more plush. We thought it might add extra heat to the sleeping duck but we tried it with and without and there was no difference that we could tell. So now we have that and a lightweight mattress protector on there. I love the feel of plushness but excellent support.

Wayne DeLuca
Wayne DeLuca

I can't see why you couldn't. We use a Bamboo cotton mattress overlay protector and that is fine. I would recommend the Sleeping Duck mattress, great value for money, very comfortable with excellent support.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your question.

We are confident in our ability to get you comfortable through the customisation of the firmness layers. We recommend gaging the feel of your Duck initially without an underlay. However, you can absolutely use a woollen underlay if you would like to!

It's always good to keep in mind that any additional layers may cause some heat retention and could change the overall comfort of your Duck.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,