Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

Nirbs

NirbsSydney, NSW

Unpleasant Odour

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,599.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Kim Bowman

Kim BowmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love It

Best mattress i have bought in my life time. Love the cost of it. The ordering and prompt delivery and follow up texts shows a impressive company that knows what they are doing. "keep it up"

Purchased in June 2020 at none for A$1,500.00.

Shauna

ShaunaGoulburn Valley, VIC

Sleeping Duck saved my sanity.

I was suffering with terrible sleepless nights. No partner disturbance, lovely firm base, I can sleep through and saved my sanity. Began with a half half, hubby changed to firm.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sleeping PositionFront

Sarah B

Sarah BSydney, NSW

This mattress is fabulous

I bought this mattress for my son and my husband and I are so jealous that we’re are going to buy ourselves one. Comfortable and supportive, firm without being hard. The ordering and delivery process was so easy. I’m also impressed with Sleeping Duck checking in on you as a customer and asking how you are finding your mattress, what fabulous customer service!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$900.00.

Perceived Firmness Medium

So comfy, bought for my parents, will need one of my own

Dads quality of sleep has improved. Mum loves it! They haven't used it long enough to judge its durability, we were waiting on furniture to arrive but so far so good

Purchased in June 2020 at On line.

Jinie F.

Jinie F.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Comfortable, but gets hot

Purchased in June 2020 at online sleeping duck for A$1,449.00.

BarbaraC

BarbaraCSouthwest, VIC

This mattress is great

Having this mattress was a new and great experience. It was delivered promptly. It is a firm mattress but with pillow top and we are getting a good nights sleep at long last. I love that if we were not happy with our mattress we could return it. And these mattresses are not exorbitantly priced. Of course the longevity of the mattress is yet to be seen, but it was given a very good rating by Choice so I’m confident it will perform well.

Purchased in June 2020 at On line for A$1,600.00.

Karen Davis

Karen DavisGippsland, VIC

Best nights sleep ever

Our firm mattress is amazingly comfortable. I am unable to feel my husband move in bed despite him being right next to me. My husband and I both live very active lifestyles and being over 50 have some aches and pains, we both have noticed a vast improvement in our discomfort during sleep and during the day. We both sleep much better and enjoy the warmth, particularly as its winter. We have had no sagging or indents from lying in the same positions.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

WayneS

WayneSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great choice

a great mattress with great support and no partner disturbance. Can be a bit hot but choose a good mattress protector that breaths and it helps . Very Happy and would recommend it to any one who is sick of getting a bad nights sleep. The service was great

Purchased in May 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks

catherine  aylen

catherine aylenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my bed !!

I purchased this mattress in July 2020 After deliberating a lot, as i've never brought a mattress at this price before , but having read the return policy i gave it a go , at first i thought it wasn't going to very good as for the first couple of weeks i woke with sore back and hip but having talked to the sleeping duck staff they said this may happen and just to give it a while. i am so glad i did its so comfortable now i find it hard getting out of bed in the morning i love it so much its a pleasure going to bed at night ! thank you to the staff, great communication delivery was was great and quick . i would Defiantly recommend the company .

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,700.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

JoVictoria

Highly Satisfying Bed Partner

Very supportive, firm not hard..I have no significant musculoskeletal issues but feel achy on waking if a bed is too soft or saggy. This is not happening. Haven't had the mattress long but it feels sturdy and I never feel any change when my partner gets out of bed..no change in my side.. Brilliant.. ( I don't even know he's gone!::)) I also want to comment on the packing style..very compact, less freight energy used and the pre and post purchase communication with Sleeping Duck is admirable..in this mad world.. refreshing.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,495.00.

Jo

My sleeping and waking pleasure..Jo x

PatriciaK

PatriciaKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it

Very happy with this mattress, it is so comfortable and there is no partner disturbance through the night. We are both getting a better night sleep and are waking refreshed. Well done Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in June 2020 at None for A$1,499.00.

KylieK

KylieKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Investment I’ve Ever Made

Our Sleeping Duck has been a nighttime revelation in our house. The comfort is next level and our sleep has never been so peaceful. Goodbye aches and pains! Thanks Sleeping Duck!

Purchased in March 2020.

Perceived Firmness Soft

Leigh Sweetnam

Leigh SweetnamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best mattress, great nights sleep

I have a bad back and this mattress has made sleeping much better. I find it very comfortable and supportive. My wife has had a hip replacement and she is sleeping much better since changing over to our new sleeping-duck mattress. We both agree, best mattress we have bought at a great price very happy.

Purchased in June 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Best decision ever!

Our Sleeping Duck mattress is very supportive yet soft and superbly warm, even in winter. It is surprisingly easy to turn on the base and showed no sign of flattening on the surface. There is little partner disturbance when turning over and we are both sleeping really well. Very happy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,500.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft

Diana

DianaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Definitely worth it

I first purchased a NOA mattress as it had similar reviews and was half the price of a Sleeping Duck mattress. After 6 months I was waking up more sore than when I went to bed and made the decision to replace the NOA mattress with a Sleeping Duck firm mattress. I couldn't believe the difference! Whilst reviews may be similar, product quality and the quality of my sleep was so much better with Sleeping Duck. So take it from someone that has directly compared the 2 over several months...buy the Sleeping Duck mattress! Firm highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,449.00.

bopper

The product is fine, however, the aftercare service (warranty) is nonexistent when lodging a warranty claim

We found the after service care on a defective product (Hyper Adaptive Foam) to be not supported by the manufacturer, leaving us extremely disappointed and frustrated with their product, the has been a lack of customer support and engagement in rectifying the warranty issue.

Purchased in July 2020.

More firmness

Comfort and supportive - 9/10.
Positive effect on sore back/hip. Very happy with improved sleep & little if any pain.
Getting more uninterrupted sleep.
Needs firmer edges, as it sags when you sit on edges

Purchased in June 2020 at Online.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived Firmness Medium

Lived up to all expectations

Researched this mattress for two year.
It arrived 4 working days from Melbourne to my home, in Hobart, in Covid lockdown times.
Packaging is amazing.
My partner and I are very different in size. I am 50kg and 150cms and he is 70 kgs and 200cms.
I chose the firm mattress to minimise movement disruption.
I am a poor sleeper my partner is a heavy sleeper.
The mattress is thicker than I imagined which is fantastic.
We have both found the mattress has met all expectations. Oh and the cat adores it.

Purchased in May 2020.

HarrisP

HarrisPVictoria

Great luxurious mattress

This is a great luxurious mattress. I love the feel and would highly recommended it to anyone. However, the firm option could be a little firmer for my preference. But don’t let this deter you trying it. Sleeping Duck were great to deal with and very helpful

Purchased in June 2020.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sandra D.

Sandra D.asked

Firm King

looking to replace a very expensive mattress (>$7K) with a very poor record - my husband and i are overweight and we are both side sleepers - do you recommend your product? we are also looking at purchasing the sealy posturepedic - is your product more suitable, just as long lasting?

Joanne Roberts
Joanne Roberts

Hi Sandra, I'm overweight and a side sleeper. I purchased the medium sleeping duck mattress and do not regret it at all. I'm extremely happy with it. I read up on a lot of reviews and even spoke to my chiropractor about the sleeping duck mattress.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Sandra (and Joanne for that response)!

We're not experts in other brands, so can only speak for our own products; however we're definitely confident that the Duck will be able to provide the right fit for both of you for its 10 year lifespan.

We appreciate that it can absolutely be tricky to find that fit in terms of firmness, support and longevity. The hybrid design of a Duck combines both the tailored support and added longevity provided by its pocket spring layer with the comfort and customisation of Hyper-Adaptive and high density foam layers that sit above it.

As in Joanne's case, we find that most side sleepers tend to gravitate towards our Medium level of firmness. The Medium provides added give and cushioning that can often help with pressure point issues or joint pain that comes from side sleeping.

If you found the Medium didn't quite have the required support, you could always then give our Firm a try. Although it does provide added support, the Firm still utilises the cushioning of that Hyper-Adaptive (just as the Medium does), so it still shouldn't feel rock hard.

Under your 100 night guarantee, you're able to alter this level of firmness for free within those 100 nights after the date of delivery. This allows us to try and find the exact right night's sleep for you. So regardless of the level of firmness you decided to start on, within this period we can change things around, for free, to get you comfortable.

If things just don't work out with your Sleeping Duck, you are of course also entitled to a free return and full refund for your Sleeping Duck mattress within this period.

Let us know if you have any further questions at all!

Kind regards,

carlo

carloasked

Firm King

i need a new single the price advective include base?

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for reaching out to us Carlo.

Our Sleeping Duck mattresses and Bed Bases are purchased separately.

The price of our Single Ducks are $799, and our black Bed base (that can be viewed on our website here: https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/bedbase) in Single size is priced at $399.

So the grand total of a purchase of a Single mattress and bed base together would be $1,198 (delivery included).

If you ever have any further questions please don't hesitate to send us an e-mail or give us a call!

Kind regards,

Ann

Annasked

Firm King Single

Can you use a Woolen underlay with the matress

JasB
JasB

Hi Ann. I don’t see why not. We had a mattress comforter to make our previous tempur more plush. We thought it might add extra heat to the sleeping duck but we tried it with and without and there was no difference that we could tell. So now we have that and a lightweight mattress protector on there. I love the feel of plushness but excellent support.

Wayne DeLuca
Wayne DeLuca

I can't see why you couldn't. We use a Bamboo cotton mattress overlay protector and that is fine. I would recommend the Sleeping Duck mattress, great value for money, very comfortable with excellent support.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your question.

We are confident in our ability to get you comfortable through the customisation of the firmness layers. We recommend gaging the feel of your Duck initially without an underlay. However, you can absolutely use a woollen underlay if you would like to!

It's always good to keep in mind that any additional layers may cause some heat retention and could change the overall comfort of your Duck.

Kind Regards,