Queen, King

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Thank you!!!!!

After extensive research my husband and I decided on the Sleeping Duck mattress and with a few tweeks we have got it right!!! Thank you so much for all your help and guidance.

Purchased in June 2021 for $2,000.00.

Nicole v.
Nicole v.

Happy Sleepers

Once I got the correct firmness which is medium and my husband needs firm - we are both sleeping better and not waking each other up turning over. Very happy sleepers!

Purchased in June 2021.

Unhappy Jan
Unhappy JanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Bed and After Sales Service Ever

Finally bought a bed worth having. Well made and the sales staff really care. Cannot fault the product or the after sales service which unfortunately is lacking from our previous bed buying experiences. Cant recommend them highly enough. Thank you Choice for recommending this company

Purchased in May 2021 for $2,000.00.

covo
covoMid North Coast, NSW

1 Year review

We bought the Sleeping Duck mattress about 12 months ago. It was really comfortable when we first got it as most mattresses are when you first get them.
I am not a light weight. About 120kg. I don’t really like laying in bed as my back generally gets pretty stiff. After 12 months on this mattress I actually don’t mind just laying there a bit as it is still very comfortable. I have spent well over double what I paid for this on other mattresses and they don’t compare. Would I recommend or buy again? Yes definitely.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,499.00.

Maggie
MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

JUST WOW

Purchased at Sleeping Duck online.

Stanley X
Stanley XNew South Wales

The right mattress for me and excellent customer service

I hurt my back about six months ago and my old mattress was too soft and didn’t help with the back pain. I tried Sleeping Ducks half medium/half firm mattress, and found the firm half was still not hard enough for me. I called the service centre. They sent me an extra firm insert straight away. Delivery was quick and swapping the inserts were easy. Now I have peaceful sleep and my back is getting better. I am thinking of buying another Sleeping Duck mattress for the back up bed. Highly recommend!

Purchased in June 2021.

Tashi
TashiPerth, WA

Believe the hype!

The best mattress I have had. So good being able to customise each side. Hubby is using firm, and I have medium. Great customer service, quick to send out firmness adjustments with in the 100 day timeframe.
Well worth it.

RobW
RobWNorth Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Taylor Made Bed Options

We started out with a Queen Duck half/half - Firm/Medium, but I found I slept best on a soft due to sleeping on a water bed for years. Previously both waking up with lower back pain and stomach pain were realised our previous mattress had sagged. It wasn't a cheap mattress either but things change. Very happy you can tailor make your fitness half/half. No other mattress provides this and with the option and customer support is fantastic. Well worth the money.

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,649.00.

Emily C.
Emily C.Perth, WA

Impressed with our Sleeping Duck

For a mattress you can't try before you buy we have been very impressed. From the first enquiry through to follow up, the customer service has been faultless. I am going to contact them and see if we can try the slightly softer inserts just to see if this brings our sleep rating up to a 9/10. To anyone who is hesitant to try the Sleeping Duck, we would definitely recommend to give it a try.

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,999.00.

Sylv
SylvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing, worth it!

My partner and I have moved house, so it was time for a new mattress. The best part is that we could have a half/half mattress, so we didn't have to compromise on a firmness! The firm inserts are interchangeable, and I had no issues requesting a softer insert for my side - Sleeping Duck have been really easy to communicate with and have been super helpful. A great, easy, custom fit - and most importantly - comfortable mattress!

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,999.00.

Ani
AniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Peaceful sleep

Bought sleeping duck mattress couple of months months before. After years of shoulder pain, lower back pain because of dipping mattress, getting a decent good sleep, praying that experience stays long. Will provide my experience after 1 year.

Brendon Potter
Brendon PotterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

PERFECT

This has to be the best decision I've ever made when it comes to buying a mattress. Quality of sleep has improved dramatically. The people are the easiest to deal with when it comes to customizing the different levels of firmness you want. I've recommended it to everyone that's mentioned about replacing there current mattress. 10/10!!!!!

AmyPeak
AmyPeak

No more back pain

I had been been suffering from sciatica and lower back pain most nights on with I thought was a good supportive mattress. I thought that was my life until I saw the reviews from people in the same position as me who had bought the sleeping duck mattress and was basically ‘cured’ overnight. I thought ‘why not’ and bought myself a sleeping duck. I am happy to say that I am also one of those ‘cured’ people now. I don’t wake up with stiffness or sciatica anymore. I feel so supported in my bed and can honestly feel such an incredible difference to my old mattress. Thank you to the team at sleeping duck! You have really improved my quality of life and made me look forward to getting into bed each night instead of dreading it.

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,649.00.

Absolute Game Changer

Game Changer !!!!
Originally got the medium then went to the half/ half (firm) its perfect. The feeling of the top cover is lovely. I dont wake up sore anymore. Its divine
The pillows and sheets and divine as well

Purchased in July 2021.

Charlotte
CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great mattress and fantastic after sales service

Read more reviews - page 2See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Jonny
Jonnyasked
Pro Mattress Half-Half

thinking of buying a half half mattress but what's the recommendation on flipping a half half please? Presumably not possible?

Hi Jonny,

Great question!

The Duck has been designed for use on one side only, so there's no need to flip the Mattress.

For the care and longevity of the Mattress, we'd recommend rotating it 180 degrees (top to tail) monthly for the first 6 months, and every 3 months thereafter. We want it to be a long lasting relationship after all!

If you're using a Half-Half layout, all you need to do is unzip the BreatheTech cover, and switch the second layer of foams (Precision Pads) to the side you prefer to sleep on. They're also labelled to make the process easier.

We explain how to care for the Duck on the FAQ's page on our website here:

If any other questions come to mind, our SDHQ team is a quick phone call or email away!

Warm regards,
- SDHQ

Stuart G.
Stuart G.asked

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for expressing an interest in the Duck.

You can view all the current pricing for our products on our website here:

Feel free to get in touch with our team if you have any other questions!
SDHQ

Rieasked
Half-Half King

Hi
Do I need to use a mattress protector?

Julie Little
Julie Little

Yes I have one on the bed. Makes it even more comfortable and keeps the mattress clean.

Hi Rie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at SDHQ.

While it is not compulsory to use a mattress protector on the Sleeping Duck mattress due to the removal and washable bamboo cover, we often find that people choose to use one.

If you would like to use a mattress protector we would recommend ones that are from light and breathable materials such as Cotton, Tencel, Bamboo as these usually won't change the feel of the mattress.

A really great one that we have found is the brand “In Your Dreams". This is a bamboo mattress protector that fits the Duck and can be found at Spotlight or online.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!

Warm regards,

• 2017

Sleeping Duck Mattress Half-Half King

CategoryMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $1,649.00$1,999.00
Type HD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessCustomisableCustomisable
SizeQueenKing
Thickness31 cm31 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 12 Sleeping Duck Mattress