Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium

King, Queen, Double, etc...

• Sagging Yes (2%) · No (98%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (360)
    • Soft (85)
    • Hard (21)
    • Very Soft (7)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (64%) · No (36%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (5%) · No (95%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (17%) · No (83%)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (429)
    • Weeks (42)
    • I never got used to it! (4)
    • Months (2)
  • Sleeping Position
    • Side (419)
    • Back (86)
    • Front (39)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (2%) · No (98%)

Julian  Counsel

Julian Counsel Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A great nights sleep

we have a few back and shoulder problems and it was time to update our old "Beds for Backs' Mattress - we are so glad we did with the Duck - great support and more give on the sore shoulders - really enjoying our purchase

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,600.00.

Great value for money

I was sceptical of having a foam mattress as we’ve only had ‘normal’ mattresses from the big brands, however, I am loving our Sleeping Duck mattress. There’s good support, very little partner disturbance and the half/half option was fantastic. An extra firm option would be great but there is sufficient support in the firm I got.

Sleeping PositionBack and Front
waterlin

waterlinCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend

Love it very comfortable, I have chronic back pain & am sleeping well on this mattress. I also note that I am waking up earlier. The mattress is extremely heavy, as we are elderly it was a bit of a struggle to to install. Sheer determination won out. Would recommend having youthful muscle on hand to help. Love the pillow too.

FayeC

FayeCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just Awesome.

Our mattress has been just great, no more sore neck or shoulders and not sleeping properly through the night. Mattress is very comfortable, very supportive and it is a pleasure to get into bed every night and have a good nights sleep.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Terry P.

Terry P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still not sure...

My husband and I have different opinions about our sleeping duck mattress, I love it, he's not sure. He is slowly getting used to it but it is taking some time. He is a poor sleeper who suffers with restless legs. I feel his restless legs have settled a bit since sleeping duck, but he stills struggle to stay asleep at night.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Sleeping Giant Online store for $1,300.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Finally as a bed that works !!!

We couldn't work out how a bed would fit into a box but it did and are we glad. The most comfortable bed we have slept on. A very satisfying and deep sleep. Well done sleeping duck.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,449.00.

MonicaP

MonicaPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best mattress ever!!

Comfort and Support 10/10, no more neck, back and hip soreness. Sleeping right through for 5 hours straight, previously waking every hour, haven’t noticed any change in comfort or durability, good as wen I first purchased it, amazing product

Purchased in December 2019 at On line for $1,349.00.

Peter Mckeddie

Peter MckeddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

76 years old and best sleeps ever

At 76 years of age have slept on many mattresses over the years but nothing compares to the comfort and support of Sleeping Duck.I love this bed and would sleep on nothing else.

Purchased in October 2019 at Manufacturer for $1,200.00.

Aly

Aly

The best mattress ever!

The mattress is very comfortable and they made delivery easy.
It has helped me sleep better, I have less lower back issues and it keeps its shape. I definitely recommend Sleeping Duck mattresses!

Rebecca  Borg

Rebecca BorgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Mattress

We had our doubts the price seemed to good to be true but we actually love our mattress, my hubby likes a firm mattress and i like a bit in between so we had the combination and it has been [perfect for us! Highly recommend

Rodney Hone

Rodney HoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our Sleeping Duck mattress

Both have sciatica and I have sore hips, have found the mattress very supportive! We have had no hesitation in recommending Sleeping Duck to friends looking for a new mattress!

Perceived Firmness Medium

A Wonderful bed, just love it.

The mattress is very comfortable, I can get out of bed without any aches or pains, we've never had a queen size bed so the extra room is what were trying to get used to, wonderful though, I really hope it does keep it shape and firmness, we have only had it a little while so time will tell. so far very very happy, thank you.

Purchased in October 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived Firmness Medium

Great service and sleep! Dont even notice I am sharing with my husband - great support, just the right firmness :)

All good so far :) Has maintained shape and firmness. Feels just the right support with no sagging. Only issue some people may have is getting 60 kg mattress up stairs!

Best nights sleep

Love the feel it’s comfortable and the best part is when my partner turns or moves I do not feel it.
Gives me the support I need in all areas of my body.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,400.00.

Amazing

Mattress is the best and support is great, no sore back or neck when I get up in mornings, love going to bed straight to sleep, its the best no sagging money well spent recommended to all my friends and family Thanks Sleeping Duck

Perceived Firmness Soft

Great..with a little extra mod

The Sleeping Duck mattress is very comfortable and provides good back support. My only issue with it was that it is very flat and I like a more padded feel so I needed to buy a mattress protector to go over the top. But overall an excellent product for a reasonable price.

Purchased in December 2019.

No partner disturbance!!!

We went for the medium king bed and have no regrets! Our focus wasn’t just on how comfortable the bed was, but the no partner disturbance. We no longer wake each other up during our nights sleep....so good!!

Love it.

Definite improvement on our old mattress. Don’t wake up in the morning with sore hips and a sore back anymore. Now sleep all night through and don’t wake during the night.

Purchased in November 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,200.00.

Shana Kane

Shana KanePerth, WA

OMGGG!!! Mattress is amazing!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Sleeping Duck online for $1,300.00.

Robyn Peady

Robyn PeadySydney Surrounds, NSW

A new lease on life.

I am finding my mattress to be very supportive-- no sagging. I have back issues and because my mattress isn't saggy I dont roll towards the middle -- which is making my back more comfortable and therefore making sleep easier. My mattress has stayed very flat and has kept its shape-- even right to the edges. Customer service from Sleeping Duck has been excellent. I would definitely recommend Sleeping Duck mattresses.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,349.00.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sue M.asked

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

TraceyDasked

How long does the smell last for. Ive had mine for 2 weeks and it still smells

Emma Sim
Emma Sim

We purchased a new mattress, feather doona, underlay and sheets. There is a new smell still but i dont mind it. Dont know which one of these still has the new smell.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate it.

Our Sleeping Duck foam used in the mattress is polyurethane, and is expanded using pressure. The foams are also GECA approved and have been tested by their standards to show no detectable VOCs. You can find more information about GECA at http://www.geca.eco/.

When opened our mattress will have a bit of an initial smell as it has been vacuum sealed for transport and you can liken this to a new car smell - the severity of which can depend on how sensitive you are to smell. This is non-toxic.

If you're finding that the smell in the mattress is lingering we often suggest taking out the foams during the day and standing them against a wall in a ventilated room. I would also suggest changing sheets often as they can absorb the smell and cause it to linger.

If there's anything else our team can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

TraceyD

Thank you. Ill follow your advice and air the foam

john r.

john r.asked

Can I see one and
in Western Australia

Fired Up
Fired Up

Can you use a phone?

Hi John,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Western Australia, only in Melbourne and Sydney.

We do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses. This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night!
Firmness swaps within your 100 night trial are free of charge, so you can't lose with whichever firmness you choose.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else we can assist with.

Kind Regards,