Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium

King, Queen, Double, etc...
4.8 from 1,035 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (569)
    • Back (123)
    • Front (59)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (594)
    • Weeks (52)
    • I never got used to it! (7)
    • Months (2)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (62%) · No (38%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (4%) · No (96%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (18%) · No (82%)
  • Sagging Yes (1%) · No (99%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (500)
    • Soft (115)
    • Hard (28)
    • Very Soft (11)
never again

never againGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent mattress, very happy with purchase.

medium firmness ideal for myself and partner without making any changes, I had forgotten what it was like not to wake up sore and uncomfortable until purchasing the sleeping duck and from day one I was amazed how much better I felt in the morning, also find that little or no disturbance by partner movement a huge plus in getting a good nights sleep. Would recommend for sure.

PurfumeGirl

PurfumeGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Supportive

This Sleeping Duck mattress felt weird at first, only because our last mattress was a concrete slab in comparison. It feels supportive, soft but not too soft. Only negative : It is very heavy, so I have adjusted the way I make the bed . I don’t regret buying it.

Catherine Grant

Catherine GrantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sleeping much better

Fantastic.Always used to wake up with sore shoulders and aches and pains in the morning. Love love love it. Would always buy sleeping duck in the future. Sleeping much better.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,499.00.

Comfort plus

I’m generally a side or back sleeper & the medium mattress for me has been perfect. No adjustment phase, just sheer sleeping comfort from day one. Purchase to delivery was also fast.

ReedW

ReedWSydney, NSW

Do yourself a favour and buy online

Purchased in December 2019.

Sleeping PositionFront

Morag McHugh

Morag McHughSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

The Mattress is still firm and very supportive
no problems or concerns with my health or quality of sleep

The mattress has maintained its shape and firmness and no sagging noticed

Patricia K.

Patricia K.Hunter Region, NSW

I have !

I upgrade my mattress to a king size & gave Sleeping Duck a try. I loved it. My mum also needed a new mattress and I got her one too. We’re both converts to Sleeping Duck.

Jim Lupton

Jim LuptonSydney, NSW

Excellent Mattress

Best sleep in ages, great comfort from the first sleep. Excellent standard of manufacture. Superior body support and no sagging at any point over the whole mattress. It's a superior mattress.

Purchased in February 2020.

Sleeping so much better now with a SD mattress.

Back and neck are less stiff when I wake up and general sleep is heaps better. I have a long history of back problems and my SD mattress gives me heaps of support and is much better than my previous mattress.

Very comfortable mattress

The mattress is very comfortable and very stable. You hardly notice when the other petson moves. The bed base is vrry good as well. So glad we upgraded from queen to king.

Best mattress experience

The whole experience has been awesome. From ordering online to delivery two or three days later. The mattress came packaged in a surprisingly small, very manoeuvrable, box and was simple to unpack. There was no smell and from the first night we slept so well. The mattress is so stable that we don't disturb each other and is soft and supportive. I would recommend Sleeping Duck to everyone.

Great mattress

We knew our old mattress was getting old but not how bad it was. Finally made the choice for Sleeping Duck. Sleeping much better and not on the sides of the bed. Move without disturbing each other. Service was excellent and not pressured. We made a second visit just to confirm our decison. Highly satisifed and would recommend.

Andrea26

Andrea26South East Queensland, QLD

We Agree At Last!!!

In 15 years we haven't been able to agree on a mattress... until now. This is our 6th and I'm delighted to say I no longer get sore shoulders and hips and my neck is considerably better... having suffered morning headaches for years.

My husband is also sleeping better and agrees a softer feel is more comfortable. After spending a fortune on mattresses (including a prominent memory foam company and extremely expensive pure latex mattress) we are happy little ducklings.

It was also very important to me that there were no nasty chemicals used in the production process and as a woman "of a certain age" that it doesn't retain heat. (Heaven!)

Super comfortable

I'm about half way through the 100 day trial and I'm very happy with the mattress.
It's supportive but not too firm, and I've slept more soundly than I was on my old mattress.

Perceived Firmness Medium

Perfect bed, we are very happy with it.

Definitely stayed its shape, so comfortable. I was still suffering neck pain from a car accident and your pillows are amazing for neck support, l can now sleep in comfort all over. Since purchasing our Sleeping Duck mattress last September l have had a total knee replacement and a hip replacement, so relieved to come home from the hospital each time to my lovely bed, which has really helped in my recovery. So a really big thank you to your team.

Purchased in September 2019.

So comfortable and supportive

Love the firmness of the mattress; it is so comfortable though. We’ve never had a king size bed before and we are loving the size and how there is no sagging of the mattress.

Perceived Firmness Hard
BooK4

BooK4Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best damn mattress I’ve ever had.

I don’t usually promote products, but I can’t shut the fk up about this one. It’s that good. Sleep better, actually love getting in to bed. It’s just so good.

Mario

Sleeping Duck mattress is thwe best i'v ever had.

My sleeping duck mattress is heavenly, best by far i've ever had, my sleep is much better then befor and its a pleasure to have one, quality is excellent and service is also excellent. Would highly recommend it. I've only had it for a short period but i know it will last.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Richard S

Richard S

63 years old and I’ve never slept better, anywhere.

My wife and I are totally satisfied with our decision to give Sleeping Duck a try on our new King Size bed. It is perfectly comfortable and gives excellent support, far better than our previous “premium” brand that cost more than 3 times as much. The thing that we both particularly notice is how stable the mattress is with little or no disturbance if the other person moves or is having a restless night. Not just a great mattress but outstanding value for money. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,600.00.

Belinda Martin

Belinda MartinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So nice to be able to lie down and feel comfortortable, ready for a good night sleep, straight away.

Mattress is strong, durable, soft and cosy.
It has maintained its shape and is the right mixture or firm and soft.
I am getting longer, quality sleep thanks to this comfy mattress

Purchased at Sleeping duck.

Heat Retention Yes
See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

christina b.

christina b.asked

Medium King

We would like to purchase a super king mattress from you and want to know the next step?
Email address is Christinabatsoukas@live.com.au

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Christina. We have also sent you an e-mail, but we'll outline it here as well!

Unfortunately we don't currently produce a Super King Sleeping Duck mattress.

Due to machinery limitations we can only make our Ducks in traditional Australian sizes from Single up to King.
Additionally, because our mattresses are pre-made in these standard Australian sizes with designated levels of firmness built in, we are also unable to offer custom sizing.

For those looking to get their hands on a Duck you have the option of placing your order via our website (sleepingduck.com), and by giving us a call on 1800 667 196.

If you were to purchase over the phone you would be able to pay via card (we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express). If you were to order online, payment could be processed via card, PayPal, or an online financing option through ZipMoney.

Kind regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.asked

Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

TraceyDasked

Medium King

How long does the smell last for. Ive had mine for 2 weeks and it still smells

Emma Sim
Emma Sim

We purchased a new mattress, feather doona, underlay and sheets. There is a new smell still but i dont mind it. Dont know which one of these still has the new smell.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate it.

Our Sleeping Duck foam used in the mattress is polyurethane, and is expanded using pressure. The foams are also GECA approved and have been tested by their standards to show no detectable VOCs. You can find more information about GECA at http://www.geca.eco/.

When opened our mattress will have a bit of an initial smell as it has been vacuum sealed for transport and you can liken this to a new car smell - the severity of which can depend on how sensitive you are to smell. This is non-toxic.

If you're finding that the smell in the mattress is lingering we often suggest taking out the foams during the day and standing them against a wall in a ventilated room. I would also suggest changing sheets often as they can absorb the smell and cause it to linger.

If there's anything else our team can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

TraceyD

Thank you. Ill follow your advice and air the foam

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives