Mattress Buying Guide

Buying Guide Banner

Robert

RobertNorth Western Region, NSW

A first class mattress

Its early days but so far the mattress has exceeded my expectation. It is very comfortable and so far is not showing signs of sagging. I have suffered in the past with back problems but so far not with my new mattress. A great product.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,300.00.

HGP

HGPSydney, NSW

An excellent mattress

Very comfortable mattress which seems to be wider than the double that it is. Seems to have had a positive effect on previous back soreness. Very good follow-up from manufacturer on customer satisfaction.

Purchased in February 2021 for $1,349.00.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

In hindsight, mad for not "Ducking" it earlier

Took a couple of nights to become acclimatised. Have always had good name brand mattress' but this is in another league. So very happy. Extremely restful. Can wake in the night, get a drink and fall back into deep sleep. Sleeping longer and more restfully. Accompanied purchase with a new Sleeping Duck pillow. Looks deceptively thin, but great support and spine alignment, the head is not cocked on a too thick pillow. This took a little longer to get used to, but so worth persevering. Very happy with the entire purchase and purchasing process.

Purchased in February 2021.

Sheila

SheilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous service!

So impressed by the service from Sleeping Duck team. They always responded quickly and helped me adjust firmness. All this in the middle of the challenges of a pandemic! I’ve noticed a positive effect on hip/back pain and general mobility. Plus much improved sleep quality. I love my new bed!

Purchased in October 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Ian Campbell

Ian CampbellSouthwest, VIC

Cancel Duck Season - The Ducks Still Sleeping :)

Our matress is so comfortable we don't feel each other move during the night, as i have a crook hip i change sides quiet a few times during the night and it doesnt disturb my wife.
Our quality of sleep is much better and we wake up without a sore back like we did with our other matress

Purchased in January 2021.

Anne Le Fevre

Anne Le FevreHobart, TAS

It feels just so luxurious! When I wake up, I just want to lie there enjoying it!

My mattress is just right for me, my back feels so much better when I get up.
I’m certainly sleeping much better.
I wish I’d known about Sleeping Duck years ago!

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,449.00.

Tiana Cornell

Tiana CornellSydney, NSW

Perfect night's sleep!

I use to think my mattress was good until my dad got me a sleeping duck mattress for Xmas. What a difference. I chose the medium & it's just perfect, but has a nice firmness to it. It's only been a couple of months but I recommend that you at the very least give it a try as I highly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,000.00.

Linda Gerbes

Linda GerbesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my mattress

Lives up to all expectations and more. Sleep like a bear hibernating in winter. No more back problems. Mattress is still as good and sturdy as first day I slept on it. Very happy with quality

David B

David BSydney, NSW

Awesome mattress, very comfortable

Last mattress caused back and neck issues, all gone with the sleeping duck mattress. Really good support, feels firm but still has a comfortable soft feel, seems very well made

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,800.00.

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Double compares to other Mattresses

Website, mattress and delivery all excellent

comfortable and supportive. Better and sounded sleep. Shape and firmness excellent, so I can sleep on either side without feeling I am up hill or down hill. Hope it lasts as sagging is always a big problem with other mattresses we have had.

Purchased in December 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Hip Pain

Still have some hip pain but is a lot better than it was on our old mattress. You appear to float on air with the Sleeping Duck and you don't roll into the middle as you do on some of the older type mattresses.

Purchased for $1,100.00.

Jane

JaneSydney, NSW

Excellent Service

Matress is of very high quality and a good price to go with it. The delivery was easy to book - at a time that was convenient to me. Great service

Purchased in December 2020.

A Mel

A MelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Supportive comfort

Purchased the SD medium double mattress to replace a 10+ year old pocket spring mattress. The SD mattress is a perfect balance between support and softness - not too soft (no sinking in), and not too hard either. Great customer support too.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Possibly the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned.

Lisa

LisaKingston 2604, ACT

Unbeatable

I have had more expensive mattresses in my eternal search for a comfortable night. This mattress is fabulous and I have been sleeping better than I have for years. I also loved the attitude of the delivery driver, who seemed genuinely excited that I had snagged a 2021 model even though I received it in November 2020! Customer service has been great too, even when I changed the delivery date and city as we were moving interstate.

Purchased in November 2020 for $1,100.00.

Laura

Laura Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best mattress ever

Hubby and I were looking around for a mattress as ours was 11 years old and despite being good it was time for an upgrade. I was always inquisitive with the Sleeping Duck so we took the plunge and purchased one. From the moment of ordering to the moment of receiving I must say customer service was excellent.
We unwrapped the mattress and aired it out a lil.
We put it to the test ..... seriously it was the best nights sleep we have had in a very long time
Very comfortable indeed
I have had lower back pain for some time and I must admit it is a lot better and some mornings there’s no pain at all

I would recommend a Sleeping Duck to anyone needing a new mattress
Money worth spent
Well done Sleeping Duck team

Glenys

GlenysGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a great purchase!

For the first time in years I haven't had a stiff back when I get out of bed - and that was after the first night! I absolutely love this mattress. Customer service was great, ordered one day and delivered the next.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Love it, sleep so much better

I was getting up multiple times a night, unable to get comfortable. Now I usually sleep through the night. Very comfortable. Much more rested than when I slept on my old mattress. Love it. Thank you.

Purchased in September 2020.

Zlata B.

Zlata B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Woke up pain free!

I suffer chronic pain down my shoulder and arm from a trapped nerve. I usually wake up with lower back pain too. Not on my sleeping duck, totally pain free! When I sit on the mattress, the rest of it remains undisturbed. Im on the larger side so this was a surprise.
Great sleep, I woke up in the same position I went to sleep in. I reccommend sleeping duck to my family and friends.

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,149.00.

Elaine

Elaine

Great

I was experiencing pain in both my hip joints every morning. It took just one night on my new mattress for that to cease. The tenderness in that area took a few days to cease.

Purchased in October 2020.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sue M.asked

Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

Colin

Colinasked

Medium Double

what is the weight of the medium double-double? Am using a Domino mattress which has ridged in the centre, my back is sore when I first get out of bed and, although only 24 cm thick, is virtually too heavy for even my wife and I can manage to change the bed or rotate it. We are both 80 yr-old & I have a dicky heart. How does sleeping duck compare in this area?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for asking!

Our double mattress is approximately 42kg heavy and 31cm thick. Unfortunately we're not familiar with a Domino mattress, and can't provide a comparison.

We would recommend getting in touch with us directly via email at info@sleepingduck.com should you have any other questions we can help with.

Kind Regards,