Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium King

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium King

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (294)
    • Back (63)
    • Front (34)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (311)
    • Weeks (25)
    • I never got used to it! (4)
    • Months (1)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (60%) · No (40%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (5%) · No (95%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (17%) · No (83%)
  • Sagging Yes (2%) · No (98%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (260)
    • Soft (58)
    • Hard (18)
    • Very Soft (7)
Natalie Alyce McGregor

Natalie Alyce McGregorWestern District, VIC

So happy with my purchase!

It’s so comfortable and supportive. I cosleep with my 4yo and 18mo and so needed the extra space! You can sleep comfortably right to the very edge.
People often comment on the weight of the mattress but it’s so much lighter than my old one, and easy to change sheets!

braeden

braedenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay away from this company. They don't honour warranties.

The mattress was ok for 6 MONTHS. Then it sunk.
I rang up for a WARRANTY CLAIM but they came back and said since my bed base isn't suitable they won't honour it.. I have a normal bed from Harvey Norman...
Stay away from this company.
Warranty is useless... Read this review as a warning...STAY AWAY!

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes
Sagging Yes
Morag McHugh

Morag McHughSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

The Mattress is still firm and very supportive
no problems or concerns with my health or quality of sleep

The mattress has maintained its shape and firmness and no sagging noticed

Patricia K.

Patricia K.Hunter Region, NSW

I have !

I upgrade my mattress to a king size & gave Sleeping Duck a try. I loved it. My mum also needed a new mattress and I got her one too. We’re both converts to Sleeping Duck.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Jim Lupton

Jim LuptonSydney, NSW

Excellent Mattress

Best sleep in ages, great comfort from the first sleep. Excellent standard of manufacture. Superior body support and no sagging at any point over the whole mattress. It's a superior mattress.

Purchased in February 2020.

Sleeping so much better now with a SD mattress.

Back and neck are less stiff when I wake up and general sleep is heaps better. I have a long history of back problems and my SD mattress gives me heaps of support and is much better than my previous mattress.

Very comfortable mattress

The mattress is very comfortable and very stable. You hardly notice when the other petson moves. The bed base is vrry good as well. So glad we upgraded from queen to king.

Great mattress

We knew our old mattress was getting old but not how bad it was. Finally made the choice for Sleeping Duck. Sleeping much better and not on the sides of the bed. Move without disturbing each other. Service was excellent and not pressured. We made a second visit just to confirm our decison. Highly satisifed and would recommend.

Andrea26

Andrea26South East Queensland, QLD

We Agree At Last!!!

In 15 years we haven't been able to agree on a mattress... until now. This is our 6th and I'm delighted to say I no longer get sore shoulders and hips and my neck is considerably better... having suffered morning headaches for years.

My husband is also sleeping better and agrees a softer feel is more comfortable. After spending a fortune on mattresses (including a prominent memory foam company and extremely expensive pure latex mattress) we are happy little ducklings.

It was also very important to me that there were no nasty chemicals used in the production process and as a woman "of a certain age" that it doesn't retain heat. (Heaven!)

So comfortable and supportive

Love the firmness of the mattress; it is so comfortable though. We’ve never had a king size bed before and we are loving the size and how there is no sagging of the mattress.

Perceived Firmness Hard

Mario

Sleeping Duck mattress is thwe best i'v ever had.

My sleeping duck mattress is heavenly, best by far i've ever had, my sleep is much better then befor and its a pleasure to have one, quality is excellent and service is also excellent. Would highly recommend it. I've only had it for a short period but i know it will last.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Richard S

Richard S

63 years old and I’ve never slept better, anywhere.

My wife and I are totally satisfied with our decision to give Sleeping Duck a try on our new King Size bed. It is perfectly comfortable and gives excellent support, far better than our previous “premium” brand that cost more than 3 times as much. The thing that we both particularly notice is how stable the mattress is with little or no disturbance if the other person moves or is having a restless night. Not just a great mattress but outstanding value for money. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,600.00.

Belinda Martin

Belinda MartinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So nice to be able to lie down and feel comfortortable, ready for a good night sleep, straight away.

Mattress is strong, durable, soft and cosy.
It has maintained its shape and is the right mixture or firm and soft.
I am getting longer, quality sleep thanks to this comfy mattress

Purchased at Sleeping duck.

Heat Retention Yes
simon

simonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best matress Ever

I have always been a proo sleeper. Im 6'4" and 125kg.
I can honestly say I havent had a bad night yet, the matress has been great, and doesnt sleep hot.
Very happy to support a company that Australian made and has some many good qualities!
Thanks, Sleeping Duck!

Purchased in January 2020 for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Sharon A.

Sharon A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very comfortable mattress

I have been pleasantly surprised with how comfortable the mattress is. I don't wake up with sore spots anymore and wake up much less than I did on my old mattress. I like soft mattresses so chose the softer option. It's a little more firm than I would have chosen if I tried it in store but it's actually quite soft to lie on and not too firm at all. Great service and follow up. Well done Sleeping Duck team!

Kirsten

KirstenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable

We finally upgraded from a QB and mattress of 10 yrs, to a King Sleeping duck mattress and thank god we did. We would constantly wake up with sore backs.
Since we have had the new mattress we have both had better night sleeps and have no back pain.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Shirley  Santacroce

Shirley Santacroce Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really great sleep and no more soreness and stiff muscles in the morning

Before getting this bed I was struggling with getting a full night's sleep now I am experiencing deep sleep and I wake up with very relaxed posture. I would recommend this bed to anybody.

Purchased in January 2020 for $799.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Darren M

Darren MCentral Queensland, QLD

Best Mattress we’ve ever had. It was perfect straight out of the box.

Best Mattress we’ve ever had. It was perfect straight out of the box. Sleeping duck followed up with us as promised(To make sure the mattress was right for us). The whole process was very quick and easy and ours arrived about a week quicker than we were originally told, which was a bonus.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,599.00.

Angela Gardiner

Angela GardinerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best decision made

We purchased the mattress and base. The base is fantastic and the process of opening the mattress easy. 100% happy with our mattress and enjoying the end of back aches!

Purchased in January 2020 for $2,149.00.

Love my new mattress

Love my new mattress no waking up with an aching back, very comfortable took a week or so to get use to it but great now sleeping very well now

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

christina b.

christina b.asked

Medium King

We would like to purchase a super king mattress from you and want to know the next step?
Email address is Christinabatsoukas@live.com.au

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Christina. We have also sent you an e-mail, but we'll outline it here as well!

Unfortunately we don't currently produce a Super King Sleeping Duck mattress.

Due to machinery limitations we can only make our Ducks in traditional Australian sizes from Single up to King.
Additionally, because our mattresses are pre-made in these standard Australian sizes with designated levels of firmness built in, we are also unable to offer custom sizing.

For those looking to get their hands on a Duck you have the option of placing your order via our website (sleepingduck.com), and by giving us a call on 1800 667 196.

If you were to purchase over the phone you would be able to pay via card (we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express). If you were to order online, payment could be processed via card, PayPal, or an online financing option through ZipMoney.

Kind regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

TraceyDasked

How long does the smell last for. Ive had mine for 2 weeks and it still smells

Emma Sim
Emma Sim

We purchased a new mattress, feather doona, underlay and sheets. There is a new smell still but i dont mind it. Dont know which one of these still has the new smell.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate it.

Our Sleeping Duck foam used in the mattress is polyurethane, and is expanded using pressure. The foams are also GECA approved and have been tested by their standards to show no detectable VOCs. You can find more information about GECA at http://www.geca.eco/.

When opened our mattress will have a bit of an initial smell as it has been vacuum sealed for transport and you can liken this to a new car smell - the severity of which can depend on how sensitive you are to smell. This is non-toxic.

If you're finding that the smell in the mattress is lingering we often suggest taking out the foams during the day and standing them against a wall in a ventilated room. I would also suggest changing sheets often as they can absorb the smell and cause it to linger.

If there's anything else our team can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

TraceyD

Thank you. Ill follow your advice and air the foam

john r.

john r.asked

Can I see one and
in Western Australia

Fired Up
Fired Up

Can you use a phone?

Hi John,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Western Australia, only in Melbourne and Sydney.

We do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses. This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night!
Firmness swaps within your 100 night trial are free of charge, so you can't lose with whichever firmness you choose.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else we can assist with.

Kind Regards,