SM-33

SM-33

See the Best Child Medications in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jonathan
JonathanNortheast, VIC

Miracle cure.

I have epilepsy, so bite my tongue all the time, and tried bonjela, but trying to get it to stick to a mucus tissue and the tongue is damn near impossible. When I bite my tongue, SM-33 pours right into hard-to-reach places, stays there, and numbs rapidly. My only complaint is its nasty flavour. Other than that, it’s been a life saver.

Purchased in May 2021.

Fight the crazy
Fight the crazySydney, NSW

How to use correctly

First brush your teeth &/or rinse with mouth wash, then apply small amount to earbud or cotton wool, apply to effected area, it will numb the pain in a couple of minutes

Purchased in May 2021 for $10.00.

Boronia
Boronia

Great product that delivers results

Wow, after suffering for a week this has been a blessed relief. Yes there is a slight initial discomfort but nothing worthy of complaint. So to all of you stating that you have high pain thresholds, its time to realise and accept that you probably don't if this product is too much for you.

vix1995
vix1995

Does sting a bit, but does the job.

Was advised to put this on my mouth ulcer. Stung quite a bit initially (but might be due to having quite a large ulcer too) but only for about 5 seconds before it begins to numb.

It does say apply every 3 hours but I do start to feel it wearing off much shorter, ulcer hurting again sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes after only 30 minutes.. Overall, the numbing works really well for something OTC and worth the initial sting of application. It's not super consistent, but I'm not sure you'll find anything better without prescription.

Purchased in March 2021.

Mark HQueensland

Awesome works like a charm

My filling came out on Sunday as usual and the nerve was exposed. I was laying in a bath with my head in the water. Picture the scene a 6 foot 4 guy weighing 120 kg in a 1.4 meter bath with my feet on the wall and my head in the water with my shoulders all squinched up to get relief. Went to the chemist and the lady gave me this sm33. I was willing to try anything by this time. I put it on thick by just sucking it out of the tube and placing it on my tooth with my tongue. As I am lying here writing this I have a numb mouth and don't want to pull my tooth out with a pair of pliers. Works great. I will go and buy the lady a bunch of flowers on Monday after going to the dentist. Awesome stuff

Purchased in August 2020.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
CMCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the Most Effective OTC at Numbing

This gel is perfect for ulcers, it stings at first but within a couple of minutes you can no longer feel any pain. The active ingredient lidocaine, is unparalleled as a numbing agent and nothing else you can get OTC will work as effectively and quickly as it does. Reapply every few hours and my mouth is given the chance to be pain free and combined with an antiseptic mouthwash my ulcers are well on their way out.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.49.

Missychrissy72
Missychrissy72Sydney, NSW

It works

My nearly 8 mth old
is teething and this has been a lifesaver for us both. It does have a strange smell and he hates the taste and blows
raspberries after application BUT it works within a minute! My grumpy, sad baby has some relief and becomes his happy self again. I wont use any other teething gel now as this one actually provides him with relief.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Flextape420
Flextape420Illawarra, NSW

Heck yeah dude

People who are complaining about “the pain of it” are soft! This gel has helped me out multiple times and I would really recommend it unless you have a high pain tolerance. Seriously grow up it’s fine

Purchased in August 2019.

Nacho
NachoSydney, NSW

Pain before the calm

I have been using this for years. Works well but might be painful when first applied. I would also recommend flossing and brushing teeth with a salt toothpaste and rinsing with xylitol beforehand to lower the bacteria level in the mouth. Also helps to get adequate sleep as I am more prone to mouth ulcers when the immune system is weak.

Crap

this is awful, applied this trash t to 3 ulcers; the pain it causes when after applying is ridiculous - I have a high pain tolerance but this was dumb. My eyes were watering, and the damn trash only lasts 10-15 minutes before I have to reapply and go through the damn pain again. It sounds like it’s ideal for teething; but damn oath fools don’t use this trash on any open skin or ulcers - just doing ya self damage!!

Perfect

i get mouth ulcers so very often, nothing else works for me not salt nor vegemite or anything. it taste good and does the job in at least a week. i am also terrible when it comes to spicy foods this works really well and stings the tiniest bit, i would say this has been the product that has worked the best for me personally and honestly!

Horrible & Painful

Used it on my ulcer and boy “ OOO” boy that was painful.
Stung like a bee and I flew like a butterfly.
Back to the chemist.
Hopefully I find someone with some experience to help me.
Just trying to make up fifty words or so, so I’ll keep trying.
Finally

wendalls
wendallsGippsland, VIC

Stings like crazy

I used this stuff on my lip for a bit each time it nearly sent me thru the roof with the horrendously bad stinging (I have high pain threshold) I wondered how babies tolerate it, once the sting went after about 30sec went numb which was want I wanted to stop the pain, I have decided not to use it as it hurts so much, so I am using savlon antiseptic this does not sting at all, but then again it is not numbing lip either, but is like a bit of moisturizer.

Mel1983
Mel1983New South Wales, 2287

This is the only thing I have found to work.

This is the only brand of teething gel i've found to work on my toddler.

She likes the taste and happily lets us put it on her gums.

I tried a few other brands on my daughter and myself and this is the one that really numbed the gums properly.

sarah
sarah

love this teething gel

i find it really effective better then other brands and the ingredients look good too . You definitely need to get this gel if your little one is teething. My little one used to be screaming in pain at night but not anymore with this. Can be purchased from most chemists.