SM-33 Gel

SM-33 Gel

See the Best Child Medications in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for SM-33? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Actually works it’s the holy grail

I suffer from mouth ulcers and get them weekly and they stay for a WEEEKKS and they’re very painful and usually on the tongue and bottom lip. This works so goood, it stings a lot when u apply it but goes away in like 30 secs, the ulcer itself starts healing and it’s usually gone within a week if it’s a very big painful one, and even the small ones it numbs both but it completely disappears within a week. AMAZINGGG

Purchased for $12.

Chris v.Perth, WA

I thought I can take pain but this is whole new level.

I thought I was going to soil myself. Now I used to be the one to put after shave on my mouth ulsers. Not sure how I feel yet. But after a day no change. And it pains every time. Note I have 2 ulsers on my tongue. About 3 mm in diameter.
Any comments would be welcome.

Purchased in December 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $25.

Chris v.

Whover added the "Soothing" must have a really wicket sense of humer.

Bronwyn
BronwynPerth, WA

The best thing for mouth ulcers

I don’t know why I forget about this stuff every time but I do. Suffered with an awful ulcer for over a week, using mouth wash and hoping for the best. Finally found my tube today and have put it in 4 times, 3 hourly and the ulcer seems to be healing. I know it is meant to treat the symptoms not the cause, but my ulcers always clear up within a day or two of using this stuff, no matter what I’ve tried before! It is also such a relief to eat without pain! I love it.

Purchased in January 2021.

A Fantastic Product

A friend suggested this product to me about 6 months ago and Since then I have never been without it.
Initially I had an extraction and OMG the pain…I put a small amount on a cotton bud and rubbed it over the extraction site…pain was gone within a minute,I had to keep doing it for 5 more days but so grateful to have been told about it…
I also have an anxiety disorder…when its bad it affects my bite and I end up with all sorts of mouth problems…SM-33 takes all the pain away and quickly heals the mouth…the taste is a bonus.
The only reaction I have ever had has always been a positive one.
It comes in a 10gr tube,I paid $12.99 at Chemist Warehouse….worth every cent.

Purchased in May 2021.

Empty product

Bought one from the pharmacy today, and it was sealed from factory like any product but empty nothing inside, i know its probably a faulty, but makes me very disappointed.

Purchased for $16.

Jonathan
JonathanNortheast, VIC

Miracle cure.

I have epilepsy, so bite my tongue all the time, and tried bonjela, but trying to get it to stick to a mucus tissue and the tongue is damn near impossible. When I bite my tongue, SM-33 pours right into hard-to-reach places, stays there, and numbs rapidly. My only complaint is its nasty flavour. Other than that, it’s been a life saver.

Purchased in May 2021.

Fight the crazy
Fight the crazySydney, NSW

How to use correctly

First brush your teeth &/or rinse with mouth wash, then apply small amount to earbud or cotton wool, apply to effected area, it will numb the pain in a couple of minutes

Purchased in May 2021 for $10.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Nathan S.29 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Boronia
Boronia

Great product that delivers results

Wow, after suffering for a week this has been a blessed relief. Yes there is a slight initial discomfort but nothing worthy of complaint. So to all of you stating that you have high pain thresholds, its time to realise and accept that you probably don't if this product is too much for you.

vix1995
vix1995

Does sting a bit, but does the job.

Was advised to put this on my mouth ulcer. Stung quite a bit initially (but might be due to having quite a large ulcer too) but only for about 5 seconds before it begins to numb.

It does say apply every 3 hours but I do start to feel it wearing off much shorter, ulcer hurting again sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes after only 30 minutes.. Overall, the numbing works really well for something OTC and worth the initial sting of application. It's not super consistent, but I'm not sure you'll find anything better without prescription.

Purchased in March 2021.

Mark HQueensland

Awesome works like a charm

My filling came out on Sunday as usual and the nerve was exposed. I was laying in a bath with my head in the water. Picture the scene a 6 foot 4 guy weighing 120 kg in a 1.4 meter bath with my feet on the wall and my head in the water with my shoulders all squinched up to get relief. Went to the chemist and the lady gave me this sm33. I was willing to try anything by this time. I put it on thick by just sucking it out of the tube and placing it on my tooth with my tongue. As I am lying here writing this I have a numb mouth and don't want to pull my tooth out with a pair of pliers. Works great. I will go and buy the lady a bunch of flowers on Monday after going to the dentist. Awesome stuff

Purchased in August 2020.

CMC
CMCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the Most Effective OTC at Numbing

This gel is perfect for ulcers, it stings at first but within a couple of minutes you can no longer feel any pain. The active ingredient lidocaine, is unparalleled as a numbing agent and nothing else you can get OTC will work as effectively and quickly as it does. Reapply every few hours and my mouth is given the chance to be pain free and combined with an antiseptic mouthwash my ulcers are well on their way out.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.49.

Missychrissy72
Missychrissy72Sydney, NSW

It works

My nearly 8 mth old
is teething and this has been a lifesaver for us both. It does have a strange smell and he hates the taste and blows
raspberries after application BUT it works within a minute! My grumpy, sad baby has some relief and becomes his happy self again. I wont use any other teething gel now as this one actually provides him with relief.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Flextape420
Flextape420Illawarra, NSW

Heck yeah dude

People who are complaining about “the pain of it” are soft! This gel has helped me out multiple times and I would really recommend it unless you have a high pain tolerance. Seriously grow up it’s fine

Purchased in August 2019.

Nacho
NachoSydney, NSW

Pain before the calm

I have been using this for years. Works well but might be painful when first applied. I would also recommend flossing and brushing teeth with a salt toothpaste and rinsing with xylitol beforehand to lower the bacteria level in the mouth. Also helps to get adequate sleep as I am more prone to mouth ulcers when the immune system is weak.

Crap

this is awful, applied this trash t to 3 ulcers; the pain it causes when after applying is ridiculous - I have a high pain tolerance but this was dumb. My eyes were watering, and the damn trash only lasts 10-15 minutes before I have to reapply and go through the damn pain again. It sounds like it’s ideal for teething; but damn oath fools don’t use this trash on any open skin or ulcers - just doing ya self damage!!