4.3

331 reviews · Statistics

83% · 27549 · 15%
Return Claim MadeYes (1) · No (237)
Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (217)
Purchase Price$26,531.83
Helpful customer support
Efficient installation
Reviewers haven't experienced dropouts
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

M A.
M A.

Trustworthiness

Kris
Kris

Dodgy as - called me rude in my own house!

A girl came to our house selling smart energy solar panels, saying someone from their sales team will come by and explain the product and the the savings we can make. We agreed as we were really interested and have been thinking of getting solar for months now. Their sales guy came and explained this and that, and when we came to the part where we asked if we can think about it first and give him a call later, he turned sour. He called me rude when I was trying to explain my husband needs to rest as he will be working later that night, and would call him later if we decide to sign up. Really pushy and arrogant. Show details
Greg
GregVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Should be good when it's online

Extra panels and a new battery have been installed. Just waiting for it to be commissioned (inspected) and the shade cover to go over the battery. Show details
Kathryn S
Kathryn S

Didn't think I could afford it

I always thought I couldn't afford to have solar energy. Show details ·  1
Michael T
Michael T

Future proof

With electricity prices always increasing, it was time to add a battery to my solar. I haven't done it to make a few cents from the power provider because they pay next to nothing now. And with the talk of charging for exporting solar, I would much rather generate my power. My setup does just that, with 30% of the battery remaining as the sun kicks the solar into gear the next day. I couldn't be happier. Good company and great installers. The installers are the guys who put my panels on the roof three years ago. Show details ·  1

john
johnTASHobart, TAS3 posts

Awesome process

From sales to installation I found the whole process to be easy and informative. Every detail was executed and I was informed every step of the way. Now have 16 panels as promised and also fitted professionally and on the day promised, and received relevant information from the installer on how to use the system. Show details ·  1
Louise H.
Louise H.NSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Solar Panel installation

The crew who installed the new solar panels were well organised, efficient and courteous. The timeframe to install was longer than anticipated; however, didn’t impact me in anyway. My power is fine and have not had any dropouts. I only find the app a bit frustrating as I need to login every time to review system. Show details ·  1
Michael
MichaelNSWIllawarra, NSW2 posts
Benjamin M
Benjamin MNSWSydney, NSW

Easy process, it just works and we are making money

Smart Energy installed a battery for us. The quoting process, installation and after sales support have been excellent, and we are already making money each month from selling power the right way to the grid. Show details ·  1

Fletch
FletchNSWIllawarra, NSW3 posts

Very poor communication

We received a visit from one of their reps and were quoted $14,500 for a 8kw system. We were also pressured into paying a deposit to lock the deal in. A few days later I received 2 other quotes for 10kw systems and the quote was for $9300 and $9500. We opted for the $9500 system of a local supplier. We then tried to contact the rep in regards to getting our deposit back and communication is non existent. We have managed to contact someone however have still waited 23 days and have not received our deposit back into our account. I'd suggest to get other quotes prior to signing anything. Show details
Matt
MattNSWHunter Region, NSW

Phil
PhilTASNorth-West & West coast, TAS2 posts
Sharelle
Sharelle2 posts

Solar Panels

The sales service was great and the installation team were fantastic. But no after service if you have a problem. They are just sales reps. Have phoned, emailed and sent a text message and still no response. Show details
Trustworthiness
Linda R
Linda RNSWMurray Region, NSW

Solar installation

The installation went very smoothly. Now waiting for first bill with solar to see how effective it is. Show details ·  1
Jim H
Jim H

So far the battery system seems great but four gays is early days to early to make a accurate accessment

I will need more time to review this product so far it seems to function well. Show details

Simon C.
Simon C.

Just wondering if you have representatives doing door to door enquiries in the Bundaberg region today? Had 2 today in our neighbourhood and want to know if they are infact legit?

Steve Wright
Steve Wright

How can I contact your tech team. I have wifi connection on my solar panel inverter plus my battery. But installer set it up.

Annie G.
Annie G.

Does anyone have a contact email or phone number for someone at Smart Energy who isn't on the support line/email? I have been calling their support line for over 2 months and have not had any result with my failed system.

PAUL
PAUL

Barrybtec
Barrybtec

About Smart Energy

Smart Energy offers electricity plans and solar services, including solar panel installation and solar batteries for both homes and businesses.

Smart Energy is a Clean Energy Council approved solar retailer.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the customer support they experienced with Smart Energy was great. Reviewers said that staff were knowledgeable, communicative, and answered all their questions thoroughly.
  • They also said that the installation team were efficient, professional, and courteous in their homes.
  • Those who went through with an electricity plan or solar installation said that everything was running smoothly, and that they didn’t experience dropouts.
CategoryOnline Shops, Energy Providers and Solar Retailers

Kleenheat
Energy Locals
Globird Energy
CovaU

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now