Smeg SMF01

SMF01RDAU (Red), SMF01PKAU (Pink), SMF01BLAU (Black), etc... (See All)
See the Best Benchtop Food Mixers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Safety

Glenz
GlenzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Purchase

Was recommended this machine by the salesperson told it was the best machine. In one year the first one smoke poured out. Second one now sounds like a meat grinder. Very disappointed. Not going third time lucky will get another brand.

Purchased in at The Good Guys Physical store for $535.

fiona b
fiona bSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not mixing from the bottom and sides

Purchased in .

Waste of money.

Purchased in for $1,488.

serenityendy
serenityendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I hate it

Bought an expensive mixer thinking it is better than the rest. You are so wrong. Use couple of time for dough pizza which smeg provided the recipe. It has too hot after couple mins. Contacted SMEG and they provide a replacement. 6 months down the track, another issue arise which the bowl keep on disengaged when i mixing the dough with only level 1. Soooo dissapointed. Please buy other brands...smeg look great and that's it.

Purchased in for $550.

Really disappointed

Purchased this mixer 2 months ago and have used it about 5 times. I’m very disappointed with this as it doesn’t even mix the bottom or the sides. Meaning I have to stop the mixer and mix it with a spatula or lift the bowl. I shouldn’t have to do that. I think a stand mixer should do just that mix! I really wish I had of just bought the kitchen aide.

Purchased in for $560.

Rodney M.SmegSend a private message

Mixture ends up along sides of bowl

Really disappointed, waited so long to afford this mixer. However, everytime I have used it, mixture ends up along sides of bowl. Reading the many reviews here, I see this is a general problem. How is this possible? A mixer is surely supposed to 'mix'?

Purchased in for $7,500.

Steve C.SmegSend a private message

Loolscgreat but poor performance. Disappointed.

I am in nz. I have the exact same problem as the previous review in that i always end up manually scraping the bowl down as the mixer just seems to clump everything at the bottom and the sides of the bowl. I had a very old kenwood for years and never had this problem. Really disappointing.

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message

Hi Julie. This is an Australian Product review site, Our collegues in New Zealand can be contacted in regards to this problem you have mentioned, the email address is : CustomerService@jonesfamilybusiness.co.nz Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

julie r
julie r

Grand. Thank you!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
DarvieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not mixing well

Every time I used my mixer it doesn’t seem to be scraping the bottom of the bowl, I always end up using a spatula and manually mixing it. I’ve had my mixer for over 2 years now. Is this a typical problem for smeg?

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Janelle L.
Janelle L.Southwest, VIC

FANTASTIC outcome!

Disappointed

I make breads regularly so kneading dough is definitely the most used function of this machine in my case. I would like to love it so much- as I really like how it looks, but it doesn't perform well. I need to stop the machine many times because the dough keep spinning around the hook. The machine head also moves a lot during kneading, making it annoying. Sadly, it's a beautiful piece but not really usable compared to the Kenwood Major I owned for more than 7 years ( and it still works well btw, I just bought Smeg for the design)

Purchased in .

Emily
EmilyVictoria

Sadly disappointed

Only used a few times but so far I’m disappointed and wondering whether I should have kept my old mixmaster.
I made sticky date pudding and I had to stop the beating a number of times to scrape sides of bowl and also the bottom of the bowl where the mix wasn’t picked up.
I wanted it to be great as I have other smeg appliances that are good and I love the look of it.
I’ve purchased all the other accessories as well so I’m kind of sorry I did as I think I need to buy another brand and don’t know what to do about it.

Purchased in at David Jones Online Store.

Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beautiful to look at. Awful to use.

Purchased in at Appliances Online for $359.

Kitchentime
KitchentimeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machine with small disappointment

Machine works good and has great motor speed, can keep up with high usage. My main disappointment is it has trouble creaming/ whisking little amounts as the attachments don’t go close enough to the bowl. Also the numbers on the top of the machine have come off so I don’t know what speed my machine is sitting at.
Considering the price you pay, you are best purchasing a kitchenaid where these problems are not occurring.

Purchased in at Myer for $500.

Pim C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very disappointed in smeg

I purchased my smeg a few weeks ago after the amazing reviews online. When I received it it all seemed fine however, when I was putting it together I noticed a 3-4cm between the bowl and the balloon whisk attachment. I emailed smeg immediately to see if that was normal and to whether my batter will mix evenly. I have not received a response from two weeks ago!

Unfortunately I could not wait for a response so I have decided to use it for my sons birthday this weekend as as expected it did NOT pick up the dry ingredients on the bottom of the bowl! And for some reason my whisk has a crack? Is that normal? I would have liked to revive an email response back from smeg before posing online. I’m very disappointed in my smeg experience.

Purchased in for $399.

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message
DamoAU
DamoAUCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The best!

Went to a baking class in Melbourne recently and this mixer was recommended by one of Sydney’s most prominent bakers (Nadine Ingram). She recommended it even above Kitchenaid. She wasn’t wrong, it’s amazing. It’s quiet, powerful and the shape of the bowl seems to mix the ingredients better than others. I’m a keen baker and I highly recommend this mixer.

Date Purchased