The best!

Went to a baking class in Melbourne recently and this mixer was recommended by one of Sydney’s most prominent bakers (Nadine Ingram). She recommended it even above Kitchenaid. She wasn’t wrong, it’s amazing. It’s quiet, powerful and the shape of the bowl seems to mix the ingredients better than others. I’m a keen baker and I highly recommend this mixer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Amazing kitchen helper

This mixer looks great in the kitchen and delivers on all the functions.
The motor is quiet and strong and makes easy work of kneading dough and mixing ingredients. The capacity of the bowl is fine.
We got it with the pasta additions which are great and easy to use. It has become an indispensable kitchen addition.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

This is my favourite addition to my Kitchen

This machine works a dream. I am someone who bakes all the time, it's my favourite pass time and this mixer has made the world of difference. It is easy to control and the attachments are sturdy but simple to remove and change. I bake all types of things, from bread to muffins to pizza base even just for whipping cream this thing handles it with ease ALWAYS. One thing worth mentioning is that because the head of the mixer is so large it is hard to add things in while mixing it altogether, it's really not a big deal I just have a specific jug I use to add extra flour, or milk etc. The stainless steel is easy to clean and it really is a statement living in my kitchen!! If you are looking at buying one I would suggest holding out until a sale pops up somewhere, I got mine for $500 instead of $700.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This machine is amazing.

I got the mixer a few months back. Great machine. The attachments are a bit expensive but its worth it. Absolutely amazing. Everything seens so easy when you make them with this mixer. My favourite is the mince and pasta attachment. Really easy to use and make food taste and look lime a 5 star restaurant

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Smeg Red Stand Mixer - Thumbs up Bravo!!

I purchased this Stand Mix master last year for future use, and to match my stable of Smeg Red appliances in the Kitchen.
I used only twice in Sydney actually in her first year, having recently retired to FNQ and being closer to Grandchildren I bake and experiment and use her (Rosemary is her name) virtually Daily.
I Loovvee her, she is sturdy, true, functional, and so easy to use without interpreting a manual, I guess I can just take her for granted, which is brilliant and what I expect from an investment, I do a lot of Gluten free mixing and Breads and she stands up to the rigors.
Would recommend to lovers of Cooking and Style.
A Happy Smeg Customer.

May I know what model was the replacement, Ms. Livvi?
Hi Ms Livvi, Please contact our Sales Department on 02 8667 4855 to discuss further. Regards, Smeg Tech Support.

Same question here! I cannot whisk eggwhites, the beater is too high, and do not touch the eggwhites in the bowl. Any ideas?
I don't have the smeg but while researching before purchasing my mixer, I read that you need a minimum of 3 egg whites. I don't know it that helps....... http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&productId=6063508&langId=-1&storeId=10051&cm_mmc=googlesemmobile-_-PLA-_-Home+and+Garden+-+Household+Appliances-_-Smeg+SMF01PBAU+-++Stand+Mixer+Pastel+Blue&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5LbWBRDCARIsALAbcOe_aXN-zS4jJYDnN9oHhCTaNojM-klmF8vX8NrY0J_Vaik1SNpmvYsaAgbVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.dsThanks! I have exchanged the machine for another SMEG, and this one does not have that problem. If you get a SMEG make sure it is only a paper thicknes between the beater and the bowl.

SMF01BLAU (Black)SMF01CRAU (Cream)SMF01RDAU (Red)SMF01PBAU (Pastel Blue)SMF01SVAU (Silver)SMF01PGAU (Pastel Green)SMF01PKAU (Pink)
TypeBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtop