Smeg SMF01

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

3.5

• Safety

Loolscgreat but poor performance. Disappointed.

I am in nz. I have the exact same problem as the previous review in that i always end up manually scraping the bowl down as the mixer just seems to clump everything at the bottom and the sides of the bowl. I had a very old kenwood for years and never had this problem. Really disappointing.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Julie. This is an Australian Product review site, Our collegues in New Zealand can be contacted in regards to this problem you have mentioned, the email address is : CustomerService@jonesfamilybusiness.co.nz Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

julie r
julie r

Grand. Thank you!

DarvieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not mixing well

Every time I used my mixer it doesn’t seem to be scraping the bottom of the bowl, I always end up using a spatula and manually mixing it. I’ve had my mixer for over 2 years now. Is this a typical problem for smeg?

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Rodney M.Smeg
Janelle L.

Janelle L.Southwest, VIC

FANTASTIC outcome!

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Smeg SMF01 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Disappointed

I make breads regularly so kneading dough is definitely the most used function of this machine in my case. I would like to love it so much- as I really like how it looks, but it doesn't perform well. I need to stop the machine many times because the dough keep spinning around the hook. The machine head also moves a lot during kneading, making it annoying. Sadly, it's a beautiful piece but not really usable compared to the Kenwood Major I owned for more than 7 years ( and it still works well btw, I just bought Smeg for the design)

Purchased in December 2019.

Emily

EmilyVictoria

Sadly disappointed

Only used a few times but so far I’m disappointed and wondering whether I should have kept my old mixmaster.
I made sticky date pudding and I had to stop the beating a number of times to scrape sides of bowl and also the bottom of the bowl where the mix wasn’t picked up.
I wanted it to be great as I have other smeg appliances that are good and I love the look of it.
I’ve purchased all the other accessories as well so I’m kind of sorry I did as I think I need to buy another brand and don’t know what to do about it.

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

Rebecca H.

Rebecca H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beautiful to look at. Awful to use.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for A$359.00.

Kitchentime

KitchentimeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machine with small disappointment

Machine works good and has great motor speed, can keep up with high usage. My main disappointment is it has trouble creaming/ whisking little amounts as the attachments don’t go close enough to the bowl. Also the numbers on the top of the machine have come off so I don’t know what speed my machine is sitting at.
Considering the price you pay, you are best purchasing a kitchenaid where these problems are not occurring.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for A$500.00.

Pim C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very disappointed in smeg

I purchased my smeg a few weeks ago after the amazing reviews online. When I received it it all seemed fine however, when I was putting it together I noticed a 3-4cm between the bowl and the balloon whisk attachment. I emailed smeg immediately to see if that was normal and to whether my batter will mix evenly. I have not received a response from two weeks ago!

Unfortunately I could not wait for a response so I have decided to use it for my sons birthday this weekend as as expected it did NOT pick up the dry ingredients on the bottom of the bowl! And for some reason my whisk has a crack? Is that normal? I would have liked to revive an email response back from smeg before posing online. I’m very disappointed in my smeg experience.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$399.00.

Lesley R.Smeg
DamoAU

DamoAUGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best!

Went to a baking class in Melbourne recently and this mixer was recommended by one of Sydney’s most prominent bakers (Nadine Ingram). She recommended it even above Kitchenaid. She wasn’t wrong, it’s amazing. It’s quiet, powerful and the shape of the bowl seems to mix the ingredients better than others. I’m a keen baker and I highly recommend this mixer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Smeg SMF01 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Nick

NickBrisbane

Amazing kitchen helper

This mixer looks great in the kitchen and delivers on all the functions.
The motor is quiet and strong and makes easy work of kneading dough and mixing ingredients. The capacity of the bowl is fine.
We got it with the pasta additions which are great and easy to use. It has become an indispensable kitchen addition.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Jasmine

JasminePeel, WA

This is my favourite addition to my Kitchen

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Andrea

Andrea

This machine is amazing.

I got the mixer a few months back. Great machine. The attachments are a bit expensive but its worth it. Absolutely amazing. Everything seens so easy when you make them with this mixer. My favourite is the mince and pasta attachment. Really easy to use and make food taste and look lime a 5 star restaurant

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Babs

BabsQueensland, 4870

Smeg Red Stand Mixer - Thumbs up Bravo!!

I purchased this Stand Mix master last year for future use, and to match my stable of Smeg Red appliances in the Kitchen.
I used only twice in Sydney actually in her first year, having recently retired to FNQ and being closer to Grandchildren I bake and experiment and use her (Rosemary is her name) virtually Daily.
I Loovvee her, she is sturdy, true, functional, and so easy to use without interpreting a manual, I guess I can just take her for granted, which is brilliant and what I expect from an investment, I do a lot of Gluten free mixing and Breads and she stands up to the rigors.
Would recommend to lovers of Cooking and Style.
A Happy Smeg Customer.

Shirley P.

Shirley P.asked

SMF01

Does Smeg have a flex edge beater for creaming like sunbeam, kitchenaid and others ? If not, it is a very disappointing appliance.

Darvie

Hi Shirley, the one I purchased didn’t come with a flex edge and not sure if it is sold separately.

フリッツ

フリッツ asked

SMF01

May I know what model was the replacement, Ms. Livvi?

Hi Ms Livvi,
Please contact our Sales Department on 02 8667 4855 to discuss further.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support.

Livviasked

SMF01

Same question here! I cannot whisk eggwhites, the beater is too high, and do not touch the eggwhites in the bowl. Any ideas?

Rahab
Rahab

I don't have the smeg but while researching before purchasing my mixer, I read that you need a minimum of 3 egg whites. I don't know it that helps....... http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&productId=6063508&langId=-1&storeId=10051&cm_mmc=googlesemmobile-_-PLA-_-Home+and+Garden+-+Household+Appliances-_-Smeg+SMF01PBAU+-++Stand+Mixer+Pastel+Blue&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5LbWBRDCARIsALAbcOe_aXN-zS4jJYDnN9oHhCTaNojM-klmF8vX8NrY0J_Vaik1SNpmvYsaAgbVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Livvi

Thanks! I have exchanged the machine for another SMEG, and this one does not have that problem. If you get a SMEG make sure it is only a paper thicknes between the beater and the bowl.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Compare all 7 Smeg SMF01
CategoryBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food Mixers
TypeBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtop