Smith & Sons
See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smith & Sons

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Unfair, unsupportive, unstoppable

Dan Oakleigh
Dan OakleighSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 bathroom renovations on an investment property

Good quality and professional service.
Easy to work with, great communication when they have a problems and even better with solutions . Would highly recommend these guys for your next renovation project.

Leigh W.Smith & SonsSend a private message

Hey Dan, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it! Glad you are pleased with the process and outcome of your renovation as well.

Marcus
MarcusDarling Downs, QLD

Smiths & Sons Toowoomba-Spot on

Despite difficulties with COVID we got a great design and excellent work on our bathroom. Only problem is it makes the rest of our house look bad by comparison.
Would recommend!

Not overly impressed

Brit
BritSydney Surrounds, NSW

Eyes wide open when renovating with them - don't accept sub-standard work

angeloferraro

BUYER BEWARE

Oliver Mathers
Oliver MathersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality Builders

Went with these guys on a recommendation from our pool builder. Very good service. All the team and trades were professional and polite. A really easy build experience. Very happy with the deck.

Job Satisfaction

A Slow Start - but WOW!

Hornsby
HornsbySydney, NSW

ALERT! Please do not call SMITH & SONS or sign ANY Contracts

Zero (actual) customer support

The builder was engaged for a 12 week contract - "practical completion" was reached just short of 36 weeks with many things still to be done. Having made the final payment, getting "minor defects' fixed was a battle. Smith & Sons offerered no assistance - they "hold no bearing in the construction" and no interest in the consumer- because to them, the customer is the builder. Still trying to have problems sorted out nearly four years after beginning the "Design - Plan - Construct" process. We did the design - no feedback. There was no planning. Construction was ad hoc. Paid an extraordinary amount of money for a poor result.

HopeThisHelps

This may not be in my interests as I am still working through issues.

James M.
James M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service, do not waste your time

If you are looking for a builder keep looking. This is not a company that you want to waste your time on. They don’t respond, leave messages unread and don’t bother returning emails or calls. If that is how they treat potential customers I would hate to see how they treat you once they have your money.

Find out how Smith & Sons compares to other Home Renovators

No response to enquiry for a renovation

I filled out the form on line with details of the work required. I heard nothing for about 2 week then received an email requesting feed back about how they had performed so far to which I responded very disappointing and once more no response. Today I received another email advertising their business.

Rhonda
Rhonda
Leigh W.Smith & SonsSend a private message

Thanks Rhonda, appreciate your time.

Alex
AlexMelbourne

Didn't even get a call back

I called them for a job quote a few months ago. I was told i would be called back within the week. Never received a call back and then they had the nerve to send me an email on May 16th saying they hoped my experience with them so far had been good and asked for a review. I replied saying that so far they had ignored me and, surprise surprise, no response to that either. It's now July 20th. I don't know what they're workmanship is like, but i can tell you that their customer service is bottom shelf.

Nicole W.
Nicole W.Darling Downs, QLD

Looking for top quality?

Smith and Sons will be our go to for all future renovations. Their professional service and quality of workmanship is second to none. Nothing is too hard for them and they went the extra mile to make sure our dreams are reality. They listened to our ideas, and shared their expertise. We had a small space to work with and we lived in it while it was being transformed, so believe me when I say we saw all parts of the process. Phil, our project manager was excellent and the tradesman were top notch. The transformation has changed the way our family can live in our home. We couldn’t be happier and are already planning the next rooms. Thanks again guys

Leigh W.Smith & SonsSend a private message

Hey Nicole - thanks so much for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate it so much! We are so happy that you enjoyed the process with Smith & Sons and really hope you enjoy your new space!