Snooze VIC, Fitzroy

Snooze VIC, Fitzroy

Assistance with getting the right mattress post purchase

After purchasing a mattress that was recommended by a store assistant (after being on the snooze profiler) it wasn’t the right fit at all. I went back to the store to get some further assistance and received terrible service from one of the shop assistants.

After speaking with head office and subsequently the franchise (Adam) making contact with me, he talked me through some options going forward to make sure that I could get a good nights sleep. He was very understanding and professional and I am thankful that he got to the bottom of this problem so quickly.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationFitzroy

Firm mattress soft within weeks

My daughter and I each purchased a mattress from Snooze. We both completed the sleep profiler and were then shown mattresses compatible with our results. Both of our mattresses had a level of firmness when we purchased them and both became too soft in a short amount of time.

The manufacturer came to our house and completed an assessment on my mattress and said 'it is soft'. Snooze invited me into the store to select another mattress or have my mattress re-fitted. My issue with this is that I already chose the mattress I wanted so selecting another mattress or having my mattress re-fitted is an absurd solution because they cannot guarantee the same thing will not happen so the likely hood of the mattress going soft again is high, if not inevitable. I already purchased a mattress how I wanted it, and I spent 4 hours in the store doing so.

The same scenario happened to my daughter except she did not call Snooze.

I have contacted Consumer Affairs and they have advised me to take Snooze to VCAT.

Does anyone have any advise/info that would be helpful for me.

The last time I purchased a mattress was 20 years ago. After being on centrelink for years I finally had enough money to buy myself and my daughter a new mattress. It is unacceptable to me that a large business can get away with this. After sitting on a couch from hard rubbish for years, I purchased two new couches from Plush that had so many faults it really was unbelievable. At least they gave me a choice of replace, repair, refund.

Dear Mel, Your comments which were previously posted approximately a month ago, were responded to on this forum. We are of the understanding that the store had then reiterated their offers to assist you via email. However, you had indicated your preference to make an external escalation via VCAT instead. Please know that the Store Representative's intention is to have a discussion with you to reach an amicable resolution and not to insult you in any way. You are most welcome to reopen communications with the team at the store. Regards, Snooze.Below is the latest response from snooze. And yes it is actually an insult to 1. offer me 'a more comfortable feel of mattress' when I already spent 4hrs in the store choosing my comfortable feel of mattress 2. offer a 'respec' when I already spent 4hrs in the store choosing the right firmness 3. offer this 'free of charge' because why would I pay for snooze fault 4. offer to 'resolve your comfort issues' when the 'comfort issue' is not mine it is snooze's comfort issues due to a manufacturing/design fault. Snooze can dance around with words like, respec and comfort issues but the FACT remains that both my daughter and I carefully and painstakingly chose the right mattress for us and within months both our mattresses became too soft. We want refunds and snooze refuses to provide one so yes we will be escalating this. Email from snooze "Unfortunately, as previously mentioned in our last correspondence we are unable to offer a refund. We are trying to work with you to find a more comfortable feel of mattress and our offer of respec still stands free of charge. I’m sorry you feel you need to take this matter further. Again, we are trying to help resolve your comfort issues."

Great staff, good result!

Excellent bunch of staff. Adam, Joey etc.
They were really helpful....not too full on. Gave me the choice, made me feel comfortable
For a person that doesn't love going shopping, and has so much online options accessible to me, it's a credit to only the staff there that I purchased there, and will continue to recommend them
Nice one gang!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationSnooze, Fitzroy
Dear Sashi, Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave this review for our Fitzroy store and team. We are very glad to know you had a great experience, and will pass it onto them. Regards, Snooze.

Excellent customer service!

I purchased a plush king mattress and when it was delivered it sat too high on my existing bed. Adam and the team at Snooze Fitzroy went out of their way to help me. At no extra cost Adam came and lowered my bed for me and also provided new slats for the bed that were more appropriate for the mattress I had chosen. I love my new mattress it is so comfortable and I was really impressed by the high level of customer service. Thank you!

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Hi Peggy, thanks for providing us with the details of your wonderful experience at Snooze Fitzroy. We'll be sure to pass on your review to Adam and the team at the store. Enjoy your new mattress! Regards, Snooze.

Fitzroy store

Great service from all staff especially Dane. I had an issue with the mattress I purchased. He organised very professionally to have the item swapped over.
Would definitely buy from them again.

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Hi Sam, thanks for your feedback. We're pleased to hear you had a great experience in the store. We will pass on your kind words to Dane and the Fitzroy team. Regards, Snooze.

If you can’t handle, don’t do sale.

My fiancé and I bought a soho essential bed mattress and the base in prahran on Jan 14th when they were on sale. (BTW there was no prahran store in the location selection.) Staffs were nice and we bought them because a part of the reasons we decided to purchase was they told us delivery would be in 6 to 7 days. However they told us a week later it would be two weeks because the mattress is handmade and it’s taking time. Later they called us again to tell that it would be 3 weeks. So we finally got the mattress and base on Jan 27th, but we noticed that they bought us a loan base without telling us. After we told them about it, they said a new base will come on the next Tuesday. And did we receive the base? No! We still haven’t received it yet and no contact. This is my first time writing a review for a company. I have never written negative comments in my life, but I thought I should share this with other people and for the company’s management improvement.

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Hi Sally Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Could you please email your contact details as this will help us locate your order in the system and investigate further with the team at South Yarra. Our email address is enquiries@snooze.com.au Looking forward to hearing from you Regards Snooze

Excellent customer service - thanks Fitzroy team!

Great advice and customer service for two mattresses (custom sizing) purchased for my children. Knowledgeable and extremely professional team - very happy customer!!!

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We love hearing about customers' experiences in our stores! We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience and we will be sure to pass on your feedback with the Franchise Partner at Snooze Fitzroy to share with their team. We hope you enjoy your new mattresses and we look forward to you shopping with us next time! Regards, Snooze.

Best night's sleep in 4 years

Visited the FITZROY store and was served by [name removed]. Explained we had a latex mattress and our backs were suffering. [name removed] got us onto the test bed for measurements and 10 minutes later was showing us the range the system had recommended. We chose the mid-range Madison Grosvenor and provided our RACV card for an instant 15% discount. Easy paperwork and [name removed] also recommended the Bedcollect team to collect the old mattress. 6 days later our new mattress arrived and we then enjoyed our best night's sleep in 4 years.
GREAT SERVICE GUYS

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Thank you for your message and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We always love hearing about our customers' great experiences! We will be sure to pass your feedback on to the franchise partner to share with their team. We look forward with you shopping with us next time! Regards, Snooze.

Best mattress ever and outstanding service.

I needed a mattress, like right now, after I got the keys of my unfurnished apartment to be able at least to sleep it and avoid the floor.

I did want a double bed, good for my back, a medium quality base not too flashy, not too expensive.

A lovely guy called Shane attended to me the day I visited and I cannot be happier with his help. He made the impossible for me to have the double mattress I wanted (which is not the standard size nowadays) delivered at my place in speedy time. Also, he helped me to match the pricey good mattress with a different base that was good but the usual pricey one sold with that mattress.

They have their own delivery guys, so deliveries are organised and done very fast. You pay 60 bucks cash to the guys on delivery. These guys were also lovely. I have found too many delivery guys saying no, that is not my job. when I requested them to remove the plastic. I am a small lady and removing the plastic from from any bulky furniture is a daunting or impossible task for me. But these delivery guys were just lovely and made me the favour.

The mattress I bought, which I have for about a week at home, it is just fantastic. Firm, the way I like it, but not hard on your back. You don't feel you are sleeping on a timber plank if you know what I mean. Firmly soft. It does not bounces when you move and it is just fantastic to sleep in. The mattress has a guarantee of 10 years, so you get what you pay for.

I found the prices of some of the pillows on offer too hight, but they are average for most mattress places, so I bought mine online.

Shop LocationVIC, Fitzroy
Thank you for your message and taking the time to provide your feedback. We love hearing about our customers' great experiences! We would love to be able to share your feedback with the store you purchased from, can you please let us know which store you visited? We hope that you continue to love your new mattress! Regards, Snooze.My pleasure. The Snooze store in Fitzroy Vic

No follow-through on complaint

From Snooze Fitzroy, I bought $5.5K messmate bedroom suite (QB, bedside drawers/table, dresser). The range is exclusive to their branch and made locally from Oz timber.
I shipped it myself to regional Vic did the assembly - No instructions, black texta codes on beautiful wood, no proper followup from my complaint.
Beautiful Oz timber product, quite unique - will have long-lasting enjoyment
Workmanship of bed connecting beam out by 10cm. Also see above. Why do makers descecrate beautiful timber even on beams that won't be seen?

Great to deal with

I recently bought a childs bed and bedroom suite through Snooze Fitzroy in Melbourne and was delighted with the service. I received a 30% discount on floor stock and they were happy to store it until we were ready to collect it some weeks later. I felt they were trying to fit in with me rather than the other way around. The staff were relaxed and friendly and they seemed to be happy working there. I was impressed with the quality of finish on the bedroom suite also.
Friendly, happy Staff willing to fit in with my needs
there was a supplier delay but this did not effect me as I was in no hurry