Sony

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great service, always open negation and price match....

Have been to the Sony Store Kiosk (Parramatta Westfields) on several occasions, yesterday's visit once again was very positive, easily matched a competitor price without any trouble, service was great, in/out in minutes. thank you once again.

Store LocationSony Store Kiosk Parramatta Westfields

Disappointing Sony, not so Smart

So my Sony Smart TV is only about 8months old and good so far.
I am disappointed in the that Sony are not opting to keep up with other major competitors and updating some previous models to include Apple Airplay. 2019 TV’s will have it like other major brands but the other brands like LG & Samsung are updating software to some previous models from last year and in some cases even further back. Knowing this the next TV I buy I would more likely than not purchase another brand due to the care they show people who have purchased just out of the time frames for updates

Never buy sony tv

Bought Sony Tv 2 years ago and it has stopped working. They took a week to tell me that i will have to pay for the repair. I thought Sony was a good brand and this Tv which purchased in $1600 would last sometime. At the end they say we can give you 25% discount if you want to buy another sony tv. NEVER buying a sony product ever again.

Product PurchasedSony

No customer service

We purchased a Sony 55" TV about 2 years ago from Best Buy. A big mistake not taking out the warranty. In less than one year the software needed to be replaced. Covered by warranty. Now in less than two years TV is not working at all, possibly the motherboard. After reaching out to the head of Sony they do not stand by their products and we are just out of luck. I will personally never buy a Sony product again and hope everyone will do their homework before purchasing a Sony product. Their products are obviously not quality. With so much competition out there you would think they care about their customers. No customer service.

Sony "Not so smart" tv

With many Sony products throughout my life and even going back to the "Walkman" days in my younger years, I really wonder what has gone so wrong with Sony customer support. I could go into detail about how Sony Support purposely delayed the replacement of a $4000 camera that was only two weeks old and failed, which was only purchased for wedding photos...which it never took.

My current "smart tv" which is unable to load much online content and has been acknowledged as faulty by "Sony- Customer support, Sony Service Centre, Sony Sales" and now ACCC/Fair Trade Aus.
Unfortunately the overseas support will quickly brush you off when the problem is not a quick fix. You will be lead around in circles when you follow up on progress on your fault. Continually suggesting "factory resets" of your product with instructions on how to do it. Though, when you have followed these instructions as many times as me...you don't need the instructions.
I will succeed in a full refund of my current Sony product thanks to Consumer Law in Australia, though this is not a simple process. I urge people to make these large companies accountable when you purchase one of their products that doesn't perform as it should and not to cave-in to treatment I feel is designed to make you give up and go away...I certainly wont.

Store LocationMyer

Need assistance with a Sony NW-ZX300 Walkman digital audio player

Reference #: C-0030154152 - technical representative Carlo - the Philippines

I called Sony technical support Australia and New Zealand based in the Philippines. aking to speak with technical representative Carlo with whom I've been emailing but he was busy so I left a message with Jack asking for Carlo to return my call. Unfortunately, the emails I received from Carlo are unclear to me so I need to receive spoken communication guidance. This has been ongoing for some time (weeks).

Carlo failed to call me back and instead he sent me the same email information he has already sent me that does not help me at all.

I purchased the Sony NW-ZX300 Walkman digital audio player for over $600 but it has a major problem that goes against the Sony marketing literature I used when making my decision to buy the player.

Perhaps there is a fix but I need to speak to Carlo or someone at Sony for help and guidance.

I went as far as writing to Carlo again asking for him to please call me but, alas, he has again failed to do so.

I will now try and escalate the situation and contact his supervisor.

Dear Sony, I am taken aback by this poor poor customer service.

Kind regards. Peter

The worst tv brand ever DO NOT BUY!

I had a Sony TV for over two years now and it stopped working. It’s started to blink red light six times and it would not stop I tried calling Sony & JB-HI-FI and they said that they cannot do anything about it. I’m very disappointed I thought my Sony tv 65 inch would last forever and on top of that the costumer service was terrible . I’m NOT satisfied at all and it sucks because my Sony tv was expensive I’m never going to buy Sony ever again!!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSony Bravia KDL65W850C (65")

They need a zero

I bought a headset from Sony in July 2018
The product should last at least 2 years...
it stoppped working after 9 months
I contacted sony.. because i bought it from Duty free Duabi (even though they are a legtimiate reseller) they denied me and said i need to contact duty free Dubai!

DO NOT BUY SONY!

IT is matter of time before they close shop!

Store LocationDubai Duty Free

6 weeks still waiting for camera to be replaced

Camera had a fault, sent off to authorized repair place - they misdiagnosed twice and couldn’t replicate my fault even though I sent them details 4 times on how to replicate it. Sony and repairer agree to replace my camera, still haven’t heard anything despite nearly daily emails now. Absolutely disgraceful for a company like this to have such poor after sales service.

Good until it failed after 12 months

Purchased Sony headphones June 2018.
Mainly because I held Sony as a good brand. Although it was hard to link with apple Bluetooth devices. Good sound for the price. But did not last just a week after the warranty end it failed to work. Retailer to me bad luck. Ended up a loss of $100

Store LocationJB Hi Fi
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Remove krishna from kapil sharma show

Hi i m from india pls remove krishna from kapil sharma show he is doing too much over riyact pls remove him show is going very bour be coz of

My brand new Sony TV stopped working properly after just 19 hours of use

I used to be a big fan of Sony products - had three TV's, computer and headphones before and all was good. That's why I decided to choose Sony again to get a new TV. Got my new BRAVIA KD-65X8500F from JB-HiFi on March, 9 2019 and it stopped working properly after just 19 hours of use. What happened with picture quality is clearly visible on photos. Contacted Sony Customer Service and was offered a repair, waiting for it to be arranged. Although having my TV to be repaired is not something appealing and I would prefer to exchange it for a new unit. Nevertheless, the trust to Sony brand is already lost and now it's not associated with quality for me anymore.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Customer service is the pits

My 2 month old 55” tv wouldn’t turn on so Customer Support emailed me instructions to check if the remote was faulty. It appears so. Have been waiting over a week now for a replacement despite being told it would arrive in 2 business days. Have now received an email with a StarTrack tracking code which does not work. Rang Customer Service again and got no joy whatsoever. I will never buy another Sony product ever again. I understand that things sometimes go wrong, but the follow-up service is appalling.

Product Purchased55” smart TV

Bad product , Bad Service, buyer beware

My Bravia Tv is less than 3 years old and stopped working. Paid $1800 for a 65 inch. More than 1 month later I am still waiting for the technician to come out and fix the problem.
They have ordered parts without coming out and checking the TV first so must be a problem they know about.
When I tried to make a complaint the offshore help centre was useless and I felt I was going around in circles.
Now I am stuck with no TV, unknown when it will get fixed, useless even calling help centre.
I would never buy another Sony TV again!!
My LG is still going strong after 10 years.

Absolute rubbish broken after 2.5 years

Brought a Sony 65 “tv for $1800 thinking Sony was a quality brand.
Watched it a few hours a day,after two and a bit years the main board blew up and then the panel.
To fix the panel was going to be $1400,Sony offered me a discount on a new tv that was going to save me $180 then if I were to walk in off the street to Harvey Norman and purchase one.
Don’t waste your money I purchased Samsung this time and I’m sure after reading reviews on the Samsung I should have it a lot longer then 2.5 years!

Store LocationBing lee
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Products seem good, until a fault occurs. Then expect no assistance from Sony.

- Purchased product just under a year ago.
- Products (MDR-EX750BT) no longer works correctly disconnects from devices battery life is half of that advertised and shuts off without warning.
- Called customer service. Provided them with a bank statement of purchase as receipts tend to fade and become illegible over time. Was told by MJ they couldn’t help without actual receipt.
- Asked for Escilations point. Rather than transferring me she kept asking why I wanted to escalate the matter. Then the CSR terminated the call.
- Tried calling back and was put on hold for 30 minutes.

- I currently own 3 Sony TVs (49’’ 50’’ and 65’’) PS4 Pro, 2 sets of sony wireless headphones a Sony PSP and various other Audio items all registered to their Sony customer portal. Yet they don’t wish to help expedite the warranty on a $100 set of headphones.
- This is a company without a Moral compass. Buyer beware!

Product PurchasedMDR-EX750BT

Extremely poor customer service

We are waiting for our 65’ Bravo tv to be replaced. It is less than 2 years old so it is covered by warranty. Took it back to JB-HIFI only to be told told, it is quicker to ring Sony and get them to come out to the house. Rang Sony and they were able to do a check over the phone ( red light flashing 7 times ). Sony said they would send out a replacement. They sent a email saying the carton would be damaged but definitely no damage to the tv. After numerous phone calls and a couple of weeks, we finally had a delivery day. DHL dropped it off late Thursday afternoon. Opened the carton up only to find the screen smashed, exactly where the carton was damaged. Back on the phone the next day, only to be told they would have to investigate the problem. Numerous more phone calls. Yes they are going to replace the tv, but they have to pick up the damaged one first, th n send out the replacement one. Still has not been picked, so therefore we still don’t have our replacement. Consumer affairs is my next avenue. We have given them until Wednesday to have a tv at our house. Each time I have to take time of work and as I am self employed, no work no money coming in. Sony very very poor customer service. Will never buy another Sony product.

Product PurchasedSony Bravia EX650 Series

Another Sony TV which has broken

My 75” TV broke after less than 3 years of use. Sony did offer to repair it after a little fight, but the repair has now caused a new problem. Trying to get it repaired a second time, but they aren’t getting back to me. Really annoying, as Sony is supposed to be a quality brand, and I need to take time off work to be at home to meet a repairman. They make terrible TVs, and putting Android on them is a cause of the failures reported.
Sony customer support gave me a 40% discount voucher for use in their store, but that only gets me to JB Hi-Fi pricing. And I’d NEVER buy another Sony product again.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

I'll Never Buy A Sony TV Again!

My Sony Bravia TV stopped working after 4 years. I took it to a Sony Service Centre, cost me $160 to be told the panel was dead and would cost $700 to fix. The TV cost $900, so not worth fixing. Australian Consumer Law suggests that a TV should last for five years at least. Sony would not fix the TV, however offered me a discount against a new one. I foolishly accepted their offer. They debited my credit card right away and then nothing ..... despite emails to their customer service tea, nothing! Over a week has gone and they still have not even processed my order, nothing shipped, no invoice, nothing! No wonder they only have 1 star rating here!

Absolute disappointment, I will never buy a Sony product again

I bought two X9000E TV's, 65" and 75". Both units have issues out of the box. One of which was completely dead on arrival. It has now been almost a month and a half and Sony still hasn't rectified the issue. After many phone calls as well as sending them a letter of demand, which hasn't been answered, I have now taken the matter to Fair trading. My advice for whoever is reading, if you're thinking of buying a Sony product, think again. Once they take your money, they don't care at all anymore.