Listing monitored by Southern Phone

• Adequate Speeds Yes (164) · No (263)

JackieSydney, NSW

Excellent price, excellent service

Excellent service. No drop out problems. Only once I was on hold for about 40 minutes but that was during bushfires so perfectly understandable. Every other time is fine. The cost is fabulous and I am notified if I am nearing my limit.

Hi Jackie,
Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate this.
I am glad to hear that you account and service are going well, please if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Jackie

No problem. I rarely do reviews but am very happy with your service. Bonus that it's an Aussie company and Aussie based call centre

Josh
JoshSydney, NSW

Rough start but connected within three days

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Marilyn Marsden
Marilyn MarsdenAU

I was directed to the area where I could repair my problem.

I have had any number of problems at times, all to do with the awful NBN fibre to the node but customer service has been there to help. I have been with Southern Phone for somewhere in the range of twelve or thirteen years now and remain very happy with their assistance.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Impossible to leave

They have continued to send invoices since I cancelled my NBN service.
The items charged are for services not provided.
Each of the last 3 months I have phoned and been "assured" by customer service that the account has been cleared. I received an email last month apologizing and assuring "You will not receive any future invoice from Southern Phone." Naturally, I received another invoice this month.

Hi Kenn,
I am really sorry to hear that you have still been receiving invoices.
If you can please send through your account number i will have a look at this for you.

LeelaSydney, NSW

Liars. Teams are not interested in assisting

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Check your NBN plan!!!

I signed up for 100/40 plan 7 years ago (before Southern Phone) when Southern Phone took over asyium they offered me the same speed plan and gave me a discount free for 2 months (with a 500gb limited download and speed cap), since then i have never checked my internet account. Recently due to lockdown I have to work from home and I noticed that my speed is not as fast as before, when I login to my account online i can't see any plan information I have to call support to find out that i am on an 25/5 speed instead of 100/40. I was paying $90 per month on 25/5 speed for years. They can't even tell me when my plan was downgraded and support took more than 30min to get hold of. NOT HAPPY!!!!

Hi William,
I am really sorry to hear that this has occurred and for the delays when contacting us currently.

William G.
William G.

ACC109925 / ( Just a suggestion, in account detail (or any other place) please put information like what plan i am on and cost per month in there so i don't have to call support to find out.. !)

Bruce
BruceSydney, NSW

I continue to be billed after I have closed my account

After closing my home broadband account I continued to be billed. This cycle repeated over many months, despite assurances on the phone that it was 'all sorted' this time. Eventually I went to my bank and asked them to block the direct debit, as I felt powerless to do anything else.

Hi Bruce,
I am really sorry to hear that you have still been receiving invoices.
So we can investigate this for you can you please confirm your account number?

Dougy.
Dougy.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very pleased with the product.

Reliable. I have had the phone for two weeks with no connection problems. Everything is very suitable for me. I am happy with the current arrangements I have with Southern Phone.

Adequate Speeds Yes
MarcusDarling Downs, QLD

Ongoing issues-poor feedback

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been charged twice on your account.
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?

Marcus

Hi Dakota. We did actually get that part of the issue resolved, hence why I increased the rating a little in my edit to the comment. But thank you for getting in touch.

Hi Marcus,
I am glad to hear that this issue has been resolved!
Please if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Steven.
Steven.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

My experience with Southern phone.

Overall , customer satisfaction , 10 ouf 10. The only thing is , wen I was approved for my new service , no order confirmation email was given. That's the only thing I was a little upset about .

Adequate Speeds No
Marcus M.Hobart, TAS

Worst Internet Provider Ever!!!

Download speeds of 2mbps, continuous drop outs, can only connect 1 device successfully. Customer service a waste of time, put on hold and then made to jump through hoops. Signed up for 500gb plan averaging 20gb for the month barely. Since my partner gave them a bad review on Facebook and divulged our account details we don't seem to have any service at all. All I want now is my service disconnected after 5 months of hell.

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds, this is not at all what we want for our customers.
So we can investigate this for you can you please confirm your account number?

Anu
AnuMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Never recommend to anyone

No reply for queries for weeks. Very poor customer service. Internet connection was so slow or even dropping all the time. Same devices worked for closer network well when compared to southern phone

Hi Anu,
I am really sorry to hear that you have not yet had a response and that your internet connection is not working as it should be.
If you can please confirm your account number we will look into this for you.

Bearhaviour
BearhaviourNorthern Region, NSW

Customer Focussed with better Sky Muster

Sky Muster is our only internet option. Southern Phone have provided professional customer service and a higher quality internet connection with no buffering or congestion as some other providers have.

Hey there!
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with this awesome review. I love coming into work and reading things like this so thanks again so much for taking the time to share your experience! We really appreciate it!
- Shelby

Jazza
Jazza

No problems with Southern Phone and they have always been reliable

Have never had drop outs and have only had one occasion where there was no coverage, and that was way out west of N.S.W. and was only for about 50 Kilometres before returning to normal.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I am really glad to hear that you are happy with the service. If you require any assistance, please feel free to reach out. We are more than happy to assist.
- Shelby

tinaquinnSouth East Queensland, QLD

You may die of old age before they answer your call..

Beyond disappointed. You try and ring and after being on hold for around an hour and finally getting to caller number 3 the music mutes and call disconnects . This happens a lot.... if I ever get through it will most likely be my last call as I have been Internet Service Provider shopping while on hold for over the past hour and Aussie Broadband is looking very good :/

Hi Tina,
I am really sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting through to us and that you are experiencing issues with your service.
If you can please confirm your Account Number we will look into this for you.

tinaquinn

Thanks Dakota, once I finally got through the Tech guy was helpful but wait times and getting disconnected after waiting for nearly an hour is really disappointing and frustrating.

Read more reviews - page 2

Colleen G.
Colleen G.asked
Southern Phone Broadband

An NBN technician was supposed to be at my premises yesterday, 05/07/2021 between 8am - midday. We specifically made arrangements to be home the whole day. NO SHOW. No courtesy call from Southern Phones, NBN or attending technician.
Is this your normal standard of service?
I'm looking at other ISP's with very high ratings, 4.5 - 5 star. I wonder if they service my area?
Respond asap.

Leela

They just keep lying. Got my modem was told my nbn was right to go after that. Missed two days off work cause of this rubbish. Hope you get yours sorted soon. I’m still on the phone 2 weeks later.

Hi Colleen,
I am really sorry to hear that NBN did not attend the appointment and that they did not contact you to let you know what had happened.
Unfortunately we do not receive an update from the NBN Technicians until 24 hours after the appointment.
So i can have a look at this for you can you please confirm your account number?

D.M.C.
D.M.C.asked
Southern Phone Broadband

I have just had my home phone connected to NBN and I can ring out but I can't receive calls. How can this be rectified?

Hi,
If you haven't already, please complete a powercycle. This is turning your modem off at the powerpoint for 10 minutes then back on again. This will often refresh your connection and allow the service to start working. If this does not seem to work, please respond with your account number and we can review your connection further for you. *Darian

Heatherasked
Southern Phone Broadband

I thought my recent experience with SP was shocking( initial call was to report no internet , but immediately passed to their sales team ,why?, and pressurised into taking on a contract for 2 years , which because of being hard of hearing just could not understand most of the words that were being spoken in a fast mumble, agreed to being in a distressing situation having an extremely ill husband in Moruya hospital, where SP originally began years ago, Now of course sold out to AGL and apparently run on an oily rag, one can ring them and at leasrt 50 minutes later one may finally speak to a “helper” and I have done that many times over the past month, and what is really annoying to see an email pop up saying situation solved , and it hasn’t, one is still at odds with them, have decided to bring this up at AGLs meeting this week being a loyal shareholder, but not for much longer, and hopefully this might make it into the “AUSTRALIAN” business section for everyone to see what has happened to this once great service. Also their billing service is also woeful, full of mistakes, changed my account number without even the courtesy of a email advising this procedure, the list goes on and on, and I refuse to be locked into a 2 year contract
Healthier.

Glenda S.
Glenda S.

I would not have a clue what to do I have found then to be very helpful

Aaron Hayes
Aaron Hayes

yes their service is a bit spotty, sometimes they are falling over themselves to help and other times useless. Heather I also am hard of hearing and hate doing business over the phone because I always get it wrong and end up saying yes sir yes sir three bags full even when I have no idea what they just said. Fortunately most of the operators I have spoken with so far have had broad Aussie accents but maybe I have just been lucky.
I also contacted them to complain about 12 hour internet outages (see my post elsewhere in this review page) but i just got the usual "we're sorry". When I made a positive suggestion that they have somebody on duty overnight to post messages about outages on their phone answering service and website they did not want to hear about that. Basically Southern Phone is dead to the world from 8pm to 8am and it's impossible to find out any information about overnight outages. All I want to know is:
1. Is it only my place or my street / my area or is it a widespread blackout?
2. Is it going to be off for a short time or a long time so I can make forward plans accordingly?
Not blaming them for the outages which are usually NBN's fault, just blaming them for the poor communication. Then they wonder why there are 200 people in the phone queue which could have been avoided by posting an update on their website. But I guess they don't want to advertise their outages.
And yes I also complained about their INDEFENSIBLE act of changing account numbers and cancelling everybody's online account access (passwords just suddenly didn't work any more, without notice) and once again making unnecessary work for themselves by having a gazillion customers in the phone queue to ask the same question "why am I locked out of my online account access?"
Either they are clueless or they don't give a rat's about customer communication.

Heather

Your experience sounds exactly like mine Aaron, direct debit ,which had been going seamlessly for nearly 4 years, stopped ,faced with a bill with a different account number, I dismissed it and waited for the proper bill to appear in my email column, and a month later the next one came with a late payment added on, so on the phone to find out what was going on, but was repeatedly informed just pay up!, after much probing was told there had been a bit of a “glitz” in the new system ,no apology regarding their failure to inform their Customers of this fact, also was told I would have to ring their billing dept to restart direct debit again, which Idid not do being so disgruntled over this affair, and guess what , they started taking my payments again direct from my card! Words actually fail me at how this business is run,I was without the internet for nearly 3 weeks simply due to the fact my order for the new Modem, which they really pushed at me wasn’t ordered as promised, so made the delay much longer, can’t help wondering if these people are on bonuses for selling NBN to customers just fed up with holding on and on when there are so many other things one should be doing, and we accept anything just to get these necessary services back.I then lost my landline as well, went through the usual spell re costs if it was my phone, which it wasn’t , not that SP investigated though, but spent $150 buying a new set to be sure, so am determined to have a shot at AGL ‘s meeting this week, as I’m so irritated with SP, Heather.

See all Southern Phone Broadband questions

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives

Compare all 7 Southern Phone Broadband
CategoryInternet Service Providers and Mobile Broadband ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Standard Monthly Price $70.00$75.00$95.00