Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

See the Best Home Phone Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Southern Phone

1.3
Kevin W
Kevin WMid North Coast, NSW

Customer Disservice More Appropriate

I had a question regarding router/modem security. Unfortunately, I tried Southern Phone's Chat Service. Despite their advisory note that they aim to respond within 10 minutes, there was NO response after an hour. I gave up and tried their 13 14 64 service, only to find I was #56 in a queue. No thanks! So I tried the customer portal. The problem here being that the portal doesn't recognize my account number, despite the account number being included in an email sent to me by Southern Phone about 12 hours earlier. The 1 star rating was given because that's as low as you can go!

Unbelievably frustrating ..........

I was considering changing my mobile phone provider to Southern Phones because of the seemingly good offer they were promoting. I tried on 3 occasions on the advertised number to speak to a customer service person . Each time I was told that I was customer number 30 something and my expected wait time was 25 mins . Each time I ended the call after waiting more than 1 hour.
I then attempted to make contact by the online chat . My question was acknowledged and was told a service personnel would contact me within 10 mins. That was yesterday afternoon and I am still waiting for that contact ................. If that is the service a PROSPECTIVE new customer is given , NO THANK YOU .
Avoid and do not take a chance with Southern Phones.

Bob

Southern phone fails once again

HayleyLaunceston, TAS

Disgusting

Got sent a modem but they did not set up my internet about a month later i get a bill for $170 for internet i did not get to use i am now with belong internet and could not be happier do not recommend southern phone for anything pathetic customer service.

Hayley

Haha nope tried that just got told i need to pau the outstanding balance

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Jo S.
Jo S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbelievably incompetent

I could write an essay about the poor service, contradictory messages and ineptitude of this company, and if I were asked for a recommendation I would say 'avoid them at all costs'. I thought I had finally finished having to have anything to do with them, but I cannot even close the account without it being messed up. I can see by the other messages that my experience is not unique, and it has only gotten worse over time.

Ross McG
Ross McGRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Just can't stop it!

Steven J.South Australia

Disgraceful service

Customer Experience TeamSouthern PhoneSend a private message

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Patrick
PatrickNortheast, VIC

Unable to Call Mobiles ever...

We have been Charged $10 per month for our Voip service on top of $50 per month for NBN service.
Southern Phone Claim this includes Mobile calls. Have never been able to call a Mobile since June of 2019! Makes engaged tone and refuses to dial out.
Internet drops out multiple times per day.. Pathetic service. Total rip off.

GlenCentral West, NSW

Is this really service?

Home phone out again. Can't log an issue on website as I have not been able to access my account for two years and this has never been fixed after several attemps. No mobile reception at our property, so we have to drive 10klms up the road to sit on hold for 30mins and still didn't get through. I give up.

Glen

Tried to phone again. Line dropped out twice. Going back to Telstra. Pretty bad when Telstra is the better option

angieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable inefficiency!

Hi Angie,
It appears that there may have been an issue when you posted your comment, do you require any assistance at this time?

isolatedNorth Queensland, QLD

lack of information and slow fix for problem

NinaSydney, NSW

Disgrace, avoid!!!

Nina

Hi Shelby, please check all the communication I had woth your company for the last 4 days... i turned off and on my phone countless of times, I spoke with 3 or 4 people from custoner service and still havent recived any help.

Hi Nina,
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?
- Dakota

chrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Just doesn't work after 3 months of waiting still no data

Hi Chris,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues accessing the mobile data.
So we can investigate this account and the charges for you can you please confirm your Account Number?
- Dakota

chris

Why do I have to keep supplying this information every time I speak to your staff!!!And every time I speak to them they state the issue is solved when it is not!!!! My acc nmber is ACC223542

Catweasel
CatweaselSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just the absolute worst company I have dealt with in really resolving issues.

I had my account transferred over to Southern Phone from another company. I stayed with SP as I needed to keep my number and thought it would be the best way to continue on. SP were not able to provide the full services I was provided by the other provider of my VOIP Services. I should have left them then but sill me didn't. result now is that quite some time later I got into financial difficulties and they kept the account going for months and I was not aware payments were not being made. I have Not been able to make payments and now I hae to deal with a debt collector. The collections team are very cold and unforgiving once it gets to delinquent stage.

BevMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible company - do not sign up

Bev

In relation to mobile, I gave up after 4mth of trying to get a mobile connection. I have already been in touch with two people re the account and everyone says it is fixed but it wasn't. My account number is ACC251156. Bev

TIRED TEACHERasked

Suddenly can't log in, even though I have the details. I regularly check my data usage not because I exceed my data allowance but because my 19 y.o. son who has an intellectual disability struggles to understand how data usage works, despite my best efforts to educate and support him. Sceptical me is wondering whether the login issues are to stop me checking on his overuse of data because it means more money for Southern. I have sought understanding from Southern about this but they have not budged an iota on the bill. Just another example of the way people with a disability can be exploited. My son likes to watch video clips and can't see a difference between watching a movie on TV and watching one on his phone when he is at the centre he goes to. The difference is the cost for data! Getting back to not being able to log in to my account, I haven't changed my account number or password - ever. What gives Southern? One final whinge - answer your phone!

Good Afternoon,
Unfortunately we are not able to make outgoing calls from this platform. If you are needing support, you can call us on 13 14 64 anytime from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week for help.
Kind regards,

Brett B.
Brett B.asked

I need to change account over

angie

Good luck with that! Have been trying for ages now to convince them that I am no longer with them. still keep getting bills and getting the same rubbish replies. Don't think that actual people are answering - no-one can be that dumb!

Hi Brett,
I have provided you with some information regarding the process for this via another question you raised. Please reach out should you need further clarification or assistance with this process, we are here to help.
Kind Regards

Brett B.
Brett B.asked

I need to change account over as my wife has passed away

See all Southern Phone Home Phone questions