Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

1.3

GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Morons

The accounts dept. Should be ashamed of them selves. I haven't had a account since September they keep taking money. This has been canceled several times with several phone calls, but can't get through, plus email after email. I don't think I have ever dealt with such a incompetent company.

Glenn WNortheast, VIC

A shameful example of misleading advertising

Every interaction I have had with Southern Phone has been frustrating in the extreme. Ridiculous wait times when you call them, misleading information when you finally get through and to top it all off they can’t even organise to disconnect a landline service in a reasonable timeframe. If I had a dollar for every apology they gave me I would be wealthy- however their apologies are insincere and meaningless. Never use this company is my advice!

Hi Glenn,
I do understand that social media was not your first step. I do apologise that you did have to go through this. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to message us here with your account number.

KimIllawarra, NSW

Extremely poor and dangerous for the elderly

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

rhys.howellHunter Region, NSW

WOWWW - Still without service, where do I begin......

Acc196542

Please reach out to authorised rep contact info on account with any communication updates.

Timmo

TimmoNorthern Region, NSW

Trying to get my Mother a simple basic Home Phone Package

On my 5th attempt at receiving a call from Southern Phones regarding their Standalone Home Phone Service. Utterly disgusting. Avoid Sothern Phones, Telstra and Optus. Just feral completely. Very disheartened

UnhappyNorth Queensland, QLD

cant use BPay any more

Southern Phone have removed their BPay option, and want you to either use methods where you have to pay a surcharge, or use a cheque (who still has a chequebook?) or go to direct debit, which I refuse to do as I have had nightmare issues with this in the past. Southern Phone used to be a good company who listened to their customers - not any longer. Changing providers asap.

Unhappy

I will certainly do this tomorrow

Sandra

Save yourself - please do not go with southern phone

Ethan RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible service

My uncle signed up with them in February 2020 it is now August, we have the Internet, mobile and the house phone with The provider.

The house phone has been intermittently working.

And the absolute worst is when the house phone doesn’t work at all now I say is that’s been like 90% of the time.

All in all The service is shocking unless you want to be on the phone for hours at the time and getting nowhere with the phone call or they will say they will ring you back when they don’t

Ethan R

Rang up again couldn't help and gave script answers (so sorry for the inconvenience) Just another number giving them money

Hi Ethan,
I would really like to help get your service working. Is your service working? If not, have you completed a power cycle by any chance?

Oliver T.

Oliver T.Tasmania

A scam

So we have been with southern phone for a few years now and only just upgraded our plan from the 20mbps to 50mbps (because getting only 1/4 speed of what we. Where paying for) and now we are getting 0.01mbps to 10mbps max even though we are paying for 50 and not to mention constant drop outs (40+ a day) and the lack of customer service it has been 4 days since I have requested to be online chat with them and they still haven't responded please please for the love of God don't go with southern phone

Poor product

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Unreliable service since signing up two months ago

My sick and elderly parents have missed critical medical phone calls and my sister and I have to keep travelling to their house because we can't contact them by phone - Southern phone landline and mobile have both been unreliable. We've made many calls to Southern phone and even made a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and we still can't get the issue resolved! This has been extremely frustrating at a critical time, not just due to COVID-19, but the additional stress it has caused for my parents when they both have significant medical issues and depend on a phone service that works.

Susan
Susan

Account 630672

JulieHobart, TAS

Land line issues ongoing

Seems to be a problem with Southern Phone unable to provide a service they offer, my mother who is in her 80's has not had a working land line for over 6 monthes. After multiple phone calls, and testing, waiting for someone to answer phone, being put through to technicians again waiting on line, at least once a week, we have finally been told that they are unable to fix the issue. Surely you could have said that in the first place instead of this fiasco you have now created. And to top it off we decided to get Mum a mobile so that she had a phone if needed, guess what 8 weeks later they cannot find the order. The poorest service you could possibly get I dont know how they run a business.

A Customer

A Customer

Calling the Ombudsman

Andrea

No Home Phone - yet again!!

We have had ongoing problems with our home phone. It has dial tone, but can’t ring out, or receive calls. Constant engaged signal when trying to phone in.
Have had contact with tech support several times over last couple of months, works for approx one day and then drops out again. Long waiting on hold to speak to customer service and then further waiting in queue to speak with tech support.
Really poor customer service yet again!
We do pay a monthly fee for home phone and internet bundle, but we rarely can use our home phone.

craig

craigIllawarra, NSW

phone drops out every day

Mothers home phone keeps dropping out and gets engaged tone every couple of days . Have had tech help works for a day and same thing. spend hours on hold to be told will fix and it happens all again. She went to Southern to support an Australian company. Go else where

Andrew

AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give a zero

No support, no fault action, no answer from the 131464 line. The worst customer service around. Lodging this for my elderly mother who has had nothing but trouble since starting their (very loosely calling) service in November last year

Hi Andrew,
I am concerned to hear that your mother has been experiencing issues with the service for so long. Can you please respond to my private message with the account details so I may assist?

Terrible

Hi Joel,
I sincerely apologise that no one has been in touch sooner. I have responded to the private message you have sent. *Shelby

Will

Shocking customer service and with zero result

Called for help after internet stopped working. Placed on hold for very long. Eventually got through to a lady that put me on hold again, only to tell me the technical team has knocked off early and that she is unable to help me. She told me to call 8am next morning which I did. After being on hold again for some time, I got through to the same lady. She called herself silly for asking me to call so early as the tech team only starts at 9am. She promised me a call back at 9am. Well, I’m still waiting for that call...and still without internet.

Hi Will,
I am really disappointed to hear that you have had this experience with us recently and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I assist you further?

Will

Thanks for the reply. I have since, switched provider. I know it’s a challenging time for all but I believe the treatment (or should I say the lack thereof) I received, was unfair.

Kevin W

Kevin WMid North Coast, NSW

Southern Phone Incapable?

Hi Kevin,
I am really concerned to hear that you have been experiencing these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this further for you?

AnnBowral

no phone again and slow internet

Again - no phone and reliable internet for essential services health worker. Have been raising issue for years and as little as 2 weeks ago told that the service had been fixed. Out yet again. What happens if a service cant be provided as a result of no phone or slow internet? What if a patient misses out on essential care? I have been raising this for years and years. Doesn't Southern Phones care about the effect this lack of service may have on sick people - especially at this time with Corona? I am beyond shocked. [name removed] you are aware of this issue. You need to act.

Hi Ann,
I am sorry to hear that your service isn't working correctly and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message so I may look into this issue for you?

Norma Carpenter

Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye

Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

Brian

Brianasked

I have also had the run around with Southern Phone, since porting our home phone number over to them. Our Next Phone connection will only let us ring out. Tech people tell me there was a sync problem, which they did fix. However the problem has come back after a few days! I have had a similar experience with waiting times. It is best to ring at 0800 but you will still have to wait to talk to a techie. Brian.

Sandra T.
Sandra T.

I ended up disconnecting my home phone. Good luck, I hope your service continues to work without hiccups. I had enough. And would strongly urge people to look elsewhere for a service

Hi Brian,
I am really sorry to hear that your landline service is not working as it should. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further? *Shelby

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives