Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

Disgruntled customer

Disgruntled customerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Inept customer service

Ever since nbn was installed I have had no end of frustration with this company. Being put on hold from between 15 mins to 45 max to speak with staff who provide me with conflicting information.
Almost one year later, the modem, still under warranty was finally replaced after discovering 3weeks later it was never sent out to me! After phone calls and too much time spent holding the line later..it was finally sent out to me and now doesnt work either.
I will say that the tech team staff have always been knowledgeable and helpful but customer service, although friendly never seem to know what they are talking about.
This phone company is mostly incompetent and unreliable in my experience and I would warn everyone away from them.

Hi there,
I am really concerned to hear that your modem is still not working correctly. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this for you? *Shelby

Sabrina

SabrinaPerth, WA

Poor customer service.

Was on hold for over 40 minutes for them to answer the phone and then transfer me somewhere else and then those people hung up on me within a minute of the call saying they couldn’t help. Have only been with the company 2 weeks and already looking else were as this is the second time this has happened. Have already paid $250 within the first two weeks for my internet to be very slow and then to not be working at all, very angry with this result.

Ali AkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

crap internet provider they dont even deserved 1 star

i been with them in the past 7 months they freaking can't fix the issue and i requested to disconnect my internet and even they charge me in advance when i sign up and even though i dont have any internet with them in the past 2 months this halfwits sending me bills payments to pay please dont ever try to go with this crap nbn provider they ill rip u off

Ali Ak

u not resolving the issue u freaking giving people a hard time just go and annoy out to other who dont know your terrible nbn provider

Hello Ali,
As mentioned earlier, If you can please respond to my private message with your account details, I can investigate this further for you. *Yvette

smok

smokCentral West, NSW

Considered this company, but ran off from appauling service and non competitive rates

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Worst company to deal with

Left iprimus for Australian company. In two years will be leaving Australian company. Signed on 29/11/19 had no phone or internet for 3 weeks then received account for triple quoted. When you call you wait for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Sick of waiting for help. Going back to overseas call centre support .

Sparky

SparkyNew South Wales

deafening silence from customer service

Very bad company. Long wait times. Bad service

Don't think of using this lot. Some of the staff are helpful but I got one that was rude and unhelpful . She hung up on me this morning. Long wait times, over an hour most of the time, waited 109 min to fix a 10 min fault. Had my Home phone, Internet and two mobile phones moved over to them and I am still trying to sort out the mess. This company is ok, as long as you don't need help. You can't complain about the service, there is not any.

Hi there,
I can appreciate your frustration and I am more than happy to discuss this further with you. Please respond to my private message with your account details so I can assist you further. *Shelby

Sandra T.

Sandra T.

Worst company to deal with in Australias history!!!

After months of calling, waiting on hold for up to an hour each time, and then made to do the same repetitive checks and being transferred to other departments I still dont have a functioning landline. I was promised excellent speed on my internet... its slower than ever and often non existent. This is criminal and theft. Yet i am expected to pay my bills on time. FOR A SERVICE THAT THEY ARE UNABLE TO DELIVER!! I have been pushed to my limits and will now make a report to the Telecommunication Ombudsman!! This company should be taken to the high court of Australia and be made to compensate all their customers for the anguish that they cause them!! Shame on you Southern phone... SHAME!!!!

Nifty Bulldog

Nifty BulldogGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Abysmal customer service

BEWARE!! Worst nightmare.

Ann L.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

Customer service wait time is dreadful been on 40 mins and still no answer. Internet is slow and have been complaining about it for weeks. Then get an email telling me problem is resolved when nothing has changed. Been with them for 8 years and watched service decline badly. I have finally had enough forget about supporting local I have had enough.moving on!

Account number [Number Removed]

Alan W.

Alan W.Northeast, VIC

Just nail one foot to the ground.

My mother who has a heart problem is with Southern Phone she was contacted by a rep telling her to change her plan to save $4.00 per month its easy they said since then no mobile no home phone you cant speak with anyone even if you ring the sales line which they answer straight away funny that hey. They put u through to tech support and tell u your wait time is 7 mins what a load of rubbish. Just ring the communications ombudsman on 1800062058.
Maybe you should spend more time doing what you advertise instead of advertising lies.
So we were to get a call at 6pm tonight and guess what no call they can't even keep there own appointments what sort of company makes an appointment with a elderly lady and then not bother ringing FF Sakes.

Wayne C

Wayne CCentral, SA

No organizational skill what so ever

no nick name

no nick nameTasmania

Guaranteed to ruin your day.

Extremely hard to contact expect to wait at least 30 minutes on the phone with no answer. Extremely frustrating company to deal with guaranteed to ruin your day. Been on phone for over 30 minutes now still no answer. VERY VERY VERY poor customer service.

courier pidgeon more reliable

no reiable internet or landline last 3 weeks
last 3 days cant even get through to customer service. call gets disconnected at 30 min wait time (15 attempts)
huge consequences this end

Hi Ann,
I am so sorry to hear that you have issues with your service for so long. I have sent you a private message requesting your account number so I can look into this for you and help get it back up and running for you. *Darian

Disgusting. Landline doesn't work. Customer service non existent. Don't waste your money and safety.

Mobile reception is patchy at best. Landline is held due to mobile reception. Landline is constantly out of action, but not the billing. Lack of timeliness in response to faults

Trevor B

Trevor BBrisbane

Elderly sick man can’t get through

Over 2 hours spent on hold this week and can’t get through for fixed line repair. No avenue to jump queue for infirm or at-risk customers. Callous indifference by sales staff.

Dhane L.

Dhane L.

Slow and NO internet connection at all

Very slow internet, most of the time we can't connect. I've only been in Southern Phone for a month, and I already received a call from one of their staff saying that I need to upgrade my plan to be able to get a decent speed with our wifi. He even said, "it's only few dollars extra every month". No apologies, no explanation on why the internet connection was slow in the first place. Terrible connection and terrible customer service.

David

DavidPerth, WA

Don’t expect any sort of customer service. Expect to be on hold

I have called them only twice. Both times I was on hold for nearly an hour. I have tried to end the account but I am still waiting for a response.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Awful, don’t go with these guys

The internet connection hasn’t worked once and they’re now trying to charge us for something we haven’t used at all during our 2-3 months with them. They initially claimed that we never called (which obviously we had call logs on our mobiles to back up). They later claimed that we never called to raise the issue, or raised the issue at all. Our calls were to ask about nbn because our service wasn’t working and every time we mentioned our service not working. Yet they say they have no record of it, despite saying that all calls are recorded at the beginning of every call. Not worth wasting your time, energy or money on.

Bronwyn D.

Bronwyn D.asked

How come when you have a contract with southern for a set amount for mobile,internet and house phone that are all unlimited calls, when I don’t go over my internet allowance I get charged extra every month, I gave up trying to ring as phones are never answered. So can you please explain the reasoning

You're probably getting charged for 13 numbers and MSM data

Hi Bronwyn,
There are certain call types that are not included within plan ranges. Can you please email me at socialteam@southernphone.net.au with your account number and best contact number and I will look into this for you right away. *Darian

Melina M.

Melina M.asked

I would like to know if there is any mention about a charge for having your phone number transferred to another provider and location, as I have been charged WITHOUT being told. I got the impression that SP weren't happy as they tried their hardest to keep me

Sorry Melina, no idea as I haven't yet asked

Hello Melina,
Yes, stated in our critical information summaries it does advise that "An $8.00 port out charge is applied if
you disconnect or transfer your service". If you have any further questions or concerns, or you would like us to send you a copy of the critical information summary, please don't hesitate to send us an email to socialteam@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives