Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au

JANE S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

switcher
switcherGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

Deteriorating service

These guys used to be great, but since AGL bought them out they have been steadily going downhill, and now becoming very frustrating to deal with. Call centre staff are a lot less knowledgeable, a lot of mistakes are happening that they can't explain the cause of, and staff don't seem to care and give unsatisfactory responses. Looking to switch providers for both home phone and mobile services, getting too fed up. Such a shame, they used to be miles better than their competitors, now they are mediocre at best.
celm
celmLaunceston, TAS

Appalling customer service

If I could give them a negative star I would. After signing up online and opting to use my current number, after following the activation instructions, my service from my previous service provider was not cut off. I called about the issue and the woman on the other line was incredibly unprofessional. I would compare it to talking to an eight year old with an attitude. She gave me little information about what was happing, was short with me and gave me whining responses when I ask questions. By the end, I was left confused over what had should have been a simple solution to a simple issue. Just terrible!
Kate
Kate4 posts

Bad customer service, higher bills, not competitive

Spent a lot of time trying to resolve an issue of incorrect plan assigned and higher bill. It had been very long and at the end of the day southern phone made it my fault. Basically saying that the customer who signed up for the wrong plan for less speed and higher bill. Sounds funny. I actually joined during promotion period. Thats the promotion I got :) switching to another providers, not time waster
Jenny
JennyNew South Wales2 posts

Internet outages and call centre in India

Twice in the past week our internet and voip phone have been out for most of the day.
No text from Southern Phone to inform us as they have done in the past.
Rang Southern Phone and spent a considerable amount of time speaking to a technician in Mumbai India who couldn’t tell me any more than I already knew. Our internet was down.
In the past I have always spoken to very helpful call centre in Australia.
We have been with Souther Phone for over 5 years.
We are now considering changing providers

Updated review:
After a week conversing with Southern Phone representative Matthew, I am happy with the outcome and advice to update our old modem through Southern Phone who will configure the new modem before sending.

David6 posts

David

Update: changing the time only fixed it for a day, now I am stuck with an internet connection that just doesn’t work

Andrew
AndrewHobart, TAS

Balz
BalzBurnie3 posts

Landline non-existent

Constantly having our landline stop working, due to local exchange apparently. It is vital to us in a poor mobile blackspot (also provided by Southern Phone). Takes many days to repair and difficult to contact them so I am paying for a service I frequently, and dangerously, don't receive.
MR Leica
MR LeicaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

Tiffany
Tiffany

Scam scam scam Alert!!

Do not go with this company they made me go through the questions including a credit check and even provided me my account number and new phone number told me my phone will be coming out in 5 days then with out even a courtesy call sent me a email the next day saying that I'm not approved this is a DODGY COMPANY!!! Do not go with them people my husband had a heartattack 2 weeks ago and we needed this to use for medical equipment DO NOT GO WITH SOUTHERN PHONE!!! VERY DODGY COMPANY WARNING TO ALL!!
Ned
NedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Southernphone. No phone service for 5 weeks and counting!

My elderly in-laws with health issues in Warracknabeal have been without a landline phone for FIVE WEEKS and now Southernphone are saying it will be middle of July before they can attend (that means at least EIGHT WEEKS without a phone. No offer of a free diversion (something that Telstra can do).
Avoid Southernphone if you want a reliable service or customer service.
Glen
GlenCentral West, NSW31 posts

Technology. Get with it

We were getting our home phone via email. Something went wrong at their end and they changed to delivering via mail. It's been months now, with the last two bills arriving on the day they're due. Should a company that can't get an email bill to me, be selling internet plans?
Tracey
Tracey

No customer service, should be able to put no star

Pay for a service, but end up can't use it. Get the roll around for 2 days and they can't even understand why it's not working.
This is mobile data

Sharon Davis
Sharon Davis

Hi just asking do yous fix home phones

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Sharon, If you have a land line with us, yes we do raise issues with the line to our network provider.

Kind regards,
Natasha.

Kerry Robert
Kerry Robert

In West Aust. what carrier do your phone's run on (I live in Cervantes 6511)

Bob
Bob

I have received your question from Product Review. I am unable to advise you.

TIRED TEACHER

Suddenly can't log in, even though I have the details. I regularly check my data usage not because I exceed my data allowance but because my 19 y.o. son who has an intellectual disability struggles to understand how data usage works, despite my best efforts to educate and support him. Sceptical me is wondering whether the login issues are to stop me checking on his overuse of data because it means more money for Southern. I have sought understanding from Southern about this but they have not budged an iota on the bill. Just another example of the way people with a disability can be exploited. My son likes to watch video clips and can't see a difference between watching a movie on TV and watching one on his phone when he is at the centre he goes to. The difference is the cost for data! Getting back to not being able to log in to my account, I haven't changed my account number or password - ever. What gives Southern? One final whinge - answer your phone!

Southern Phone   DM

Good Afternoon, Unfortunately we are not able to make outgoing calls from this platform. If you are needing support, you can call us on 13 14 64 anytime from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week for help.
Kind regards,