Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au

1.4

Nafise F.
Nafise F.8 posts

Do they actually exist?!

I'm not sure there is a system behind their website. I've signed up to port my number and haven't received an email yet. I am trying to log in to my account and every time they say they have sent me an email and there's no email. Not sure they really exist. Show details
Zac S.
Zac S.2 posts

Scammed me

I wish i could rate 0 stars. Simply scammed me for a $10 1Gb boost without my concent, with no option to turn it off. i hadn't even gone over my allowance, and they charged me for a boost on the day it had reset. complete scam charging customers for bonus features that we didn't ask for, or give consent for. Show details
Raymond
RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Steal money

Got the plan in Jan 24. On the 6th month, the bill charged $16.67. Online chat guy claimed there was a data boost charge which I never agreed with. There was no such a charge in the fee schedule of my plan in their website(There is even no my plan there). I realize such a small provider can't gain business, then just try to make monkey business by advertising cheap plan however rip customers off by charging something without customers' awareness. Make sure you stay away from this provider.

Second issue, data speed has been always a problem. Show details

Kris
KrisSydney, NSW9 posts

STAY AWAY

I remember signing up for the starter $5 4G but when the account was created, It was placed on $20 5G which I did not request. The activation took more than 48 hours and they also charge $10 late fee! The network is very slow and patchy and the support is non existent. Show details
mungo
mungoIllawarra, NSW7 posts

Unbelievable bad Customer Service

Over 5 days, the internet service dropped out every day in the pm at a time when I had bills to pay. This happened to others in my network of contacts who now are looking to change ISP. Customer Serviice?? at Southern Phone were extremely rude and disrespectful. It wasn't until I lodged a complaint with the ombudsman that I got any action. Time to change ISP Show details
Abdul
ChrisfrombyronRichmond-Tweed, NSW4 posts
les
lesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts

lousy to excellent

Having had at least 8 unsatisfactory phone calls and unconnective web connections I rang and reached a lady, Indian I think? She went straight to the account -fixed all issues, I hope! Why where the previous contacts so inept? My review is lousy to excellent Show details ·  1
Oil C.
Oil C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Forgettable

Southern phones openly practice in bias & discrimination on those that don't have a fixed, residential or home address, which is a significant number of Australians atm.....They will not not provide you a service even with a secure parcel post address.... You'll Get a whole bunch of nonsense excuses from them, but essentially if you homeless you'll have no options here. SP are not really Australian for Australians..Their out of date & out of touch. Show details
angry
angry

Awful service

In the hast of moving house, I rang and said to cancel my internet by the 30th of Jan. I threw out the modem and was actually out of the property 10 days earlier. I was still charged for the internet for February and March, two months after I had asked!!

I rang up and said I was happy to pay till the end of January but would not pay for the two months after as I was not using the internet and wasn't on the premises. The gentleman basically said, we can't find when you called to cancel so too bad.

This comes on top of the internet consistently cutting out and not working through my time using it.

Absolutely disgraceful and would never recommend this service.

Arun V.
Arun V.

There is no support

dont waste your time.
They will keep charging you on credit even if you don't subscribe for a service. Show details
Shama
Shama
  Green Plans

Painful experience with southern phon

Absolutely horrible experience with southern phone. Internet doesn’t work most of the time and troubleshooting team are hopeless instead of fixing the problem they will you there’s a problem with your modem or dsl cable need to get new ones. Hard to get refund on service not being used due to no connection. Definitely going to a different provider. I wouldn’t even give 1 star for the service they provide.
chris p.
chris p.Perth, WA3 posts

Questionable contact Centre customer service

First attempt. Try to set a direct debit. No chance. Not able to log into the portal. Customer service useless. Then request a new sim. Took a few days to come, the serial number didn’t match the card, it’s Friday and they’ve gone home. Wait until Monday then. Customer service fail again.

UPDATE….

I had posted this review and customer service got in touch. Still promise the sim would work, but it took a second call 24hrs later for it to perform. I have also been advised that the call Centre time is now until 2100 so that is better for us in WA.

It seems they may be listening and willing to help. Show details

Nathan
Nathan

Unprofessional, unfriendly customer service

Recently signed up through their website to port my mobile number over. Completed all questions, but shortly after was told the port was rejected by my existing carrier due to an incorrect date of birth. All details entered my side were double checked, and infact correct.

Call centre operators on two occasions were unprofessional. First time the guy hardly spoke, lots of blank pauses, the background chatter and laughs were quite loud. Second time the women was rude and extremely abrupt from the get go.
This has definitely not been a nice experience for a new customer. Show details