HeatherMid North Coast, NSW

Worst service ever

They changed my plan down, their choice not mine, and and now billing has been incorrect for 7 months. Each month you literally wait hours to discuss the bill. Staff finally agree it is a system error. Promise it will be sorted by the following month, which it never is. My plan was $20 reduced to $15 a month and the bill varied up to $159. I have cancelled with this provider, so now I am wondering what the final bill will be.

Heather

I appreciated the call but too little too late. Southern Phones need to fix the system. The staff are great the system is the problem.

Hi Heather,
I completely understand and this is something we are actively working on resolving so it does not happen again going forward.

oliveramelbourne

Had tried get order done but can't get customer service lady called few times and given up

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Plan Cost per Month$58.00

Poor communication

Twice had an error with my bill in both instances I have had to instigate the communication, its taken 6 months to sort out.
They have very poor customer service and communication, wouldn't recommend then to anyone.
My wife is with Aussie Broadband and they are fantastic, always prompt and quick to resolve things and always initiate the conversation when they identify an issue.
I will be moving my mobile plan once the current contract with Southern has expired.
Mark

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Don't Ask Customer Service For Advice

Emailed 'support@southernphone' in October and November 2020 requesting advice re no signal. Have not received any response whatsoever as at mid April, 2021 - In my mind this company must have absolutely no customer service policy in place especially after the customer has signed up for their service.

George
George

ACC252120

nohappy
nohappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Here we go again

What has happened to Southern Phone?
I have been with this company for several years and until recently the last 12 or so months communication has been totally abysmal. Up tp 90 minutes wait on the phone then it is cut off. Emails requesting a current account not answered or totally ignored. When one does finally manage to get through, with a simple request it is either i can help you with that or please hold never to return.Contacting on a monthly basis for an account to be sent so it can be paid then the hassle of requesting a refund on the late fee that is not your fault but the incompetence of southern phone by not sending there accounts. What does one do.
Just totally fed up and looking for a new supplier

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Moriarty2AU

Worst Service, Avoid this service, they refuse to cancel and keep charging.

Moriarty2

Won't get my hopes up of having this sorted out any time soon with this company, been at this for months now and still get the same stupid reply emails!!!! No respect for anyone and the WORST SERVICE, OR LACK THEREOF!

Thomas W.
Thomas W.Hunter Region, NSW

Unable to pay bills and poor service.

TERRIBLE Service. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS

TERRIBLE Service. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS. They take your money, provide you with terrible service and when you try to leave them, they ask you to pay your bill in advance and never refund what they owe to you.

Hi,
I am really sorry to hear that you have experienced this, so i can have a look at this for you would you mind confirming your Account Number?

Fernando G.
Fernando G.South East Queensland, QLD

Never sign with Southern Phone, they are the WORSE

AngelaHunter Region, NSW

Disaster

Hi Angela,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been receiving incorrect invoices for the past 6 months and that you have not yet had a reply to your email.
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?

ACC193757

KGLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lacking in Customer Service

KGL

Hi Dakota - thank you for the response but "this is something we are currently focusing on making available in the online portal" is the line I heard repeatedly.

M silvaSydney, NSW

Horrible

This people do not know what they doing, I have being payment all my invoices via BPAY and they can not find any of my payments, have to give them the payment number every time, have spent on the just for that. will be gone as soon as contract ends.

Local Reception

ACC252442, Martiniano

Hi Martiniano,
Thanks for that information. I have sent you a private message just requesting some further information regarding your payments.

Unamused.
Unamused.Victoria

You have to go out of your way to get updates on your services.

Francina Mills
Francina MillsHunter Region, NSW

Dreadful waiting times for support 45mins+

This company in conjunction with NBN is the worst telecommunications system ever experienced. I've been waiting since 16 Feb now 9 March phone not connected to my 93 yo farther room in a nursing home ,only contact with family overseas .But received a bill for the privilege of the phone not connected. $52.07 . What a joke .
You're a disgrace as a company.
Advice to future customers... Run don't waste your time with this company!

DinosaurSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally hopeless

I have tried, after ten years of being a loyal customer, to exit and move to another provider. Southern has done everything possible to prevent this happening from telling the proposed new provider that another company has applied before them to ignoring all requests on my part.

They will not release me even after making a complaint to the telecommunications ombudsman.

I have nothing but disrespect for the company and warn others to stay away. Their deals are poor and the hassles aren’t worth the time and effort you’ll put in to correct them. Southern will do nothing to correct problems they create.

Hermitasked
Southern Phone Mobile

Is there a way to move on from customer service to another department that acts as dispute resolution?

I ask because I was lumbered with an invoice (#1809544) totalling $30 that should amount to $10. The additional charges are made up of a 10 dollar refund I never asked for nor received and a 10 dollar late payment fee for invoice #1312314 that was the result of the mysterious refund.

An examination of the emails Southern Phone sent me since the start of April should make it perfectly obvious that Southern Phone made an obvious mistake, but the customer service person I talked with appears to be incapable of doing that.

My latest invoice is due to be paid on 03/06/2021. If no resolution has occurred by then I shall pay the actual amount of $10 due and await further developments.

My account number is ACC167544 and the customer support case number is 1183985.

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
I am really sorry that this has occurred. I can see that the agent you spoke to has agreed to credit the extra $20 off the account and is also following up with a supervisor to see why this occurred in the first place.
I will be following up with the agent you spoke with to see what the outcome has been and let you know once I have a response.
Again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks, Shelby.

When you follow up would you please ensure that Southern Phone sends me an amended bill with a note to the effect that it replaces the previous one?

Hi there,
Unfortunately, because the bills are generated in bulk I cannot have one individually re-printed to reflect this. I will apply a $30 credit and get the billing back to what it should be without any further late payment issues occurring on the next statement.
The next statement will show the credits I have applied. Please just pay the $10 normal account as you normally would and the next account should just also be $10.

Jeanette M.asked

Hi
I placed an order for a new mobile and SIM card and was told I’d receive an email with the delivery information and account number was just wondering when I’ll get that email

steve
steve

hmmm,im with them,they are not to bad,they say 5 days for simm,card,work on eight,im on the telsra,system,it will drop off many times,but thier price is good ,but dont rely,on alot of customer service,good luck with that,waited 9 days for a sim card once,they do have many excuses.

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for reaching out. It can take between 5-10 business days for the equipment to arrive. However, there is an embargo period at the moment due to the holidays so this may be delayed slightly. May I ask when you placed the order?

I placed the order on the 31/12/20 I have a reference number it’s ACC259074

Kerryasked

Hello
My optus mobile is not working. Message is "not supported on network". I tried to get to chat on your website but no chat support. I can not call you as calling is not working. I would like you to check the number. I have two $9 per month sims. The one in question is my work and personal number and it is urgent that is works. I can not use the other one as it is for my 90 year old mother and she had a problem with hers a week ago which has righted itself.. My number ends in 137 and it is the only means I have. I do not have a landline.. My account number is ACC209519. This is the only way I can get in contact with you so I hope you get back to me quickly through here is necessary or my em,ail which you have on file. Thanks...Kerry

Hi Kerry,
I know how frustrating it can be having a service that is not working properly, especially at the moment when
we need to stay in touch now more than ever. I am sorry that you have been dealing with this. Before we investigate any further, can you please make sure that you have performed a power cycle of the device?
This involves just turning the power off for 10 minutes and then back on again. If this does not seem to help, can you please confirm if this error is appearing when calling, SMS or both? *Darian

Kerry

Thanks for your quick reply. All well now. Working fine. Much appreciated.

Hi Kerry,
That's great to hear! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

See all Southern Phone Mobile questions