Spa Electrics

Spa Electrics

See the Best Pool & Spa Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Spa Electrics? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.0
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (5) · No (5)
EnoHunter Region, NSW

Sad to see the degradation of a previously good product.

rippedoff
rippedoff

Poor quality short life LEDs

After very little actual burning hours they are out of warranty and fail - various leds or colours progressively fail until the light is useless. Suggests cheap poor quality LEDs used in a premium priced product. Customer service is passive aggressive - helpful nonsense with NO care or result - buy another one they say !! They were given every opportunity to make a gesture ......... forget it.

Darren
DarrenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rubbish Electrics should be their name

Robert
RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

4 failed out of 7

i replaced 7 halogen poolrite pool lights with 7 spa electric LED lights, each costing $295 dollars. Of the 7 lights installed 2 years ago, only 3 are still working. I would love to go back to the halogen lights if I had not thrown them away!! What a terrible waste of money and effort. Definitely think again before purchasing these lights. At least with the halogen lights it was easy to replace the bulbs or bulb assembly every couple of years. These new lights are for the garbage bin.

Good customer service

Both pool lights went together after two years from pool build. Hardly used them in that period. Explained to customer service and they advised me to return them for inspection. Next thing I knew two new lights arrived. I know a lot of people complaining about the limited life you get out of them and hopefully new ones last a long time as they are not cheap. So overall customer service and replacement was great. They say you must use them so they don’t damage but I can’t understand why they this nor does the pool shop guys !!!

Dazzab
Dazzab

Spa Electrics pool light failed

Paid $300 plus for this light and failed after two years.
When I rang the company they said it probably wasn't the LED but the board and I should return.
Considering the expected life from LED this is a huge fail, I'm looking for a different cheaper light

Mog
MogPerth, WA

Poor quality and misleading customer service

Jose86
Jose86Perth, WA

Poor Quality

We had our lights installed by the pool company only 2 years ago. Both have failed and have water inside. Emailed and got told we can send back for repair at $219 per light which would cost $438. Not happy and would not recommend this product.

by D 30 May 2019
by D 30 May 2019South East Queensland, QLD

Poor Product

The three GK7 blue lights in my pool lasted on average of 4 yrs, when they became too dim. Refurbishment costs including transport was not much less than buying new on the web.

They told me 5-7 yrs should be expected though I note the warranty was for 1 only. I asked if there was a type with greater longevity available.

Very expensive way to light a pool. As I understand it the GKRX I have been supplied as a replacement offers no real prospect of an improvement. Their LED technology is not up to it it seems; and their warranty demonstrates that.

NassPerth, WA

Great Customer service and fast.

2 weeks ago my LED pool light stopped working , called Spa Electric informed them, they asked me to send back.... they replaced it very quickly and shipped and received within 24 hours from Vic to Perth..
Many Thanks Spa electrics. Great warranty cover.

BAA
BAAMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great After Sales Service

Some time back I had a number of lights fail prematurely. After contacting Spa Electrics I found they have a well organised warranty department with a repair service for lights up to a certain age (5 years I think). There was a woman named Kelly who looked after all the warranty claims and she was excellent to deal with.
They agreed that my lights shouldn’t have failed in the time that they did and they replaced them all at no charge. From what I have seen they have a very well organised workshop and repair process.
I am a little surprised at some of the bad reviews here because I found them to be very fair and reasonable in my claim. They are a very expensive light, but I found the service and backup was excellent.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Graham M.
Graham M.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality. Didn’t last 12 months

I bought a GKEZ/GK7 just on 12 months ago and it failed with less than 12 months use. It just blinks red now. My old cheap Chinese model lasted about 6 years but I thought I would go high end, but all I got was high cost low quality. I have been waiting for over a week for my pool shop to advise if Spa Electrics will replace it but I am unsure if I want the hassle again and maybe I will just go back to the resin filled Chinese model.

Fixed a Faulty Light

I am a bit surprised to read such bad reviews. I rang spa electrics and they requested I post back to them to review. They sent me a new light within days. I found their customer service excellent. I suppose the pool light failing was frustrating but very happy with them when switched on. If the other one goes then I will probably question there long term reliability.

sickofaussiefailures
sickofaussiefailuresipswich

Expensive AND quick to fail

SpaElectrics poor quality lights

Spa Electrics pool & spa lights are a scam, we have replaced 7 x LED light fittings in the past 6 years and on average they last 2 years. We very rarely turn our lights on eg. a maximum of 20 hours a year, very occasionally for scooping the leaves at night, we don't entertain! There is no doubt the LED diodes and circuit board components are of the cheapest quality designed to breakdown after a short period of time, especially when comparing to LED downlights used in a house which are exposed to extreme hot temperatures which damages the LED's. Now I know why they are such a massive profitable company for selling budget lights at a premium cost dominating the whole market, This is TERRIBLE!!!

Beauasked

Is there any other brands that will fit this 2 screw wall connection? The screw holes are about 150mm apart. I only have 1 out of 4 that still work after a few years of hardly any use.

Eno

Beau I don't know the answer to your question. I'm so disappointed with Spa Electrics I have put it in the 'Too hard basket'. I haven't searched for an alternative. I'm hoping Spa Electrics will restore their previous reputation for quality and lift their current game and use quality LED's. At the price you expect quality. May I suggest a pool shop may know the answer to your question. If you find the answer, please post the solution for us all.

Beau

I have previously contacted a few local pool shops but they told me they know nothing that will fit it. I might try a few pool lighting specialists that may have an answer. Cheers

Chris
Chrisasked

I have a atom series multicolour pool lights that don't reset in sync even though wired from a single switch. Any suggestions? I have tried the reset instructions in the manual and they rest the 1 and 2 terminal lights with different colours.

Nass

hi you may need iRIS Lighting Controller, or try by turning the main switch off on it should change color.

Shawnasked

Hi, did you go back to the company and highlight the issue just in case you have done something wrong or it is just faulty? I am also looking for new lights and was just about to buy these ones but will wait for your feedback.

Shawn

Shawn, yes I did make contact with the company and I shared multiple photos highlighting the issue but they were not interested in helping me out. This is how it is supposed to look based on the technology they use. Admittedly it does light up the pool but the dark shadows is not normal. Just don't buy this brand.